# 65: "Clay Aiken's Not Just Any Joe"

ldyjocelyn

Man I missed it merrieeee. I left at 7:30 to go meet my potential roomie for my Alaska trip and I didn't make it home until 8:30. And I don't have my new DVR set up with all my shows yet. I'll watch it on On Demand in a couple of days. Mom said it was funny. I love this show.

Sigh.

Supposed to go see my other Southern geek boyfriend, Alton Brown, tonight in St. Louis. Except that the weather is...interesting. Snow here, but it's kinda turning into freezing rain at the moment. The further south we go, it seems like it may just turn into rain. Why can't the sun just come out?!?!?!?!?

Have a great weekend everyone!

I'm back! Getting back to the hotel last night after the show was only slightly dicey -- walking was the hardest part, as much of the rain St. Louis had yesterday turned to ice. Fortunately, the roads had been salted heavily enough that driving wasn't much of a problem!

The Alton Brown show was hysterical! Part of the show is music. He's not a singer at all, but he's written a few clever songs about food. The two memorable ones were "Caffeine" (about his love of the stuff) and a punk rock tune called "Easy Bake." As a kid he wanted an Easy-Bake Oven -- but sadly, was told "no, those are for girls only." So he wrote a song about it! He also created a HUGE monstrosity called the "MEGA Bake" that replicated the idea of Easy Bake, except that it was created with a LOT of rock and roll stage lights -- which he and a volunteer used to make pizza in 3 1/2 minutes on stage. He also tells stories -- his story about chicken fingers and his daughter is a riot.

fear, hope your knees hold out -- I too hope you'll get to see Mr. Aiken there!

I think I ended going to the rally. .I'll see how I feel Saturday. I fell today coming out of an old warehouse in which we practice Tai Chi. My foot got stuck in a large crack in the sidewalk an I went over on my arthritic hip and my knee with bursitis. Can't put weight on that leg. I felt like spitting bullets when it happened. Grr! I'll live but it sure gets me mad.

Oooo, hints! I like it!

My college is closing at 5 tonight, and very likely won't be open tomorrow. Another snow day! Bad for work (and our part time workers, who don't get paid), but good for my school work!

On my iPad in bed because Iwas checking on the status of school today. Still not sure of that yet.

BUT...

www.clayaiken.com

www.facebook.com/clayfornc (started on January 26 -- how did we miss it? )

Twitter page has new picture too.

It's happening folks!

Godspeed Clay!

OK, I'm up -- and there's no school. In a way, good timing, as there's going to be LOTS to report today. BUT, I also need to work on homework for my class.

Question: Clay now has another Twitter page (@ClayForNC), as well as his "regular" Twitter page. Lots of new tweets. Should I be archiving for both accounts? Or just the main @ClayAiken page?

Video on an article from the News and Observer (which I will post the text later today):

Official campaign video:

And of course...new pics!

ClayNO2_zpsba86837e.jpeg

970526_611830635563336_649839329_n_zps8a1ad804.jpg

image_zpsa000a7bd.jpg

1898182_611619945584405_1732142785_n_zps5a8d1735.jpg

1625481_611620652251001_1018830073_n_zpsfba245e5.jpg

Clay_NO_zpsee35a01a.jpeg

Hell has frozen over....Clay Aiken made the local news here in London, ON, Canada. I was driving to work and all of a sudden they started talking about him, about his announcement.....I think "Washington is dysfunctional" has kind of got people talking. I hadn't even seen the email yet, but I just read it and watched the video. The facebook link isn't working for me, though.

There are too many articles out there to read and my twitter feed is going crazy!

I find it ironic that media types, who wouldn't give him the time of day before are now chomping at the bit to report and interview him! Here's looking at you TMZ!

If anyone wants to bring links to articles over, it would be appreciated. I just won't be able to keep up otherwise.

My favourite part of his video was "I’m not a politician, I don’t ever want to be one.". :P

ETA: Ok, I'm bringing this one over because I didn't know this.

Former state Commerce Secretary Keith Crisco and Durham attorney Houston Barnes previously announced plans to seek the Democratic nomination in the 2nd District, but Barnes said Wednesday that he will step aside and put his support behind Aiken. The 2nd District seat is now held by Republican Congresswoman Renee Ellmers.

<snip>

I have gotten to know Clay and a friendship has formed. I like him and I have gained a deep respect and admiration for him," Barnes said in a statement. "At this time, my stepping aside to forgo a damaging Democratic primary is vital to taking this seat back. We must unite to take this seat back from the extremists who continue to hold the middle class hostage.