#3 - Here He Comes Again

Ansamcw

muski wrote:

What is the strangest job you've ever held? : One summer between college years I was a tester at a foam rubber factory. They made the foam in car upholstery and I'd sit in a little room and time how long it took a specific grade/density/batch etc. of rectangular, random pieces of foam to burn.

Longest summer of my life.

O.M.G.

No need to comment beyond that, really.

What's your guilty pleasure? : General Hospital. (Laura's back! Eeeeeeeee!)

I've been watching too and i haven't watched the show in about 4 or 5 years. Before that I watched for 20 years.

What's your guilty pleasure?

Guilt? What an interesting concept. Explain this to me.

you're funny...has anyone ever told you that?

Maybe it's because I've experienced some of this before as the fan of an actor. OK. It was Matt Damon.

thanks for you insight into another fandom. I love Matt damon...LOOOOOOOVE the Bourne series..in fact I'm watching bourne supremacy right now!

*makes another note to self that I shouldn't invite couchie, Jenna or claygasm*

*pouts in corner*

Ah it's not like I hated it but there is just better clack out there. So I wanna come to the party.k? anything for a cheeze doodle.

I love this board!

:lol:

Me too! And it almost became a casualty when I was slashing my expenses this year. Now I'm happier than a pig in slop that it's still around. And if I'm not mistaken this whole board was all Ansa's idea hee.

bottlecap looks around at all the ACAC hatahs and torched puppies and screams the worst insults she can think of: "Y'all are BAD FANS!!!! CONAN-LOVERS!!!! Every last one of you!!!"

Grabs ldyjocelyn's hand, regrets it immediately because of the cheese-like crumbs, and stomps out of FCA in a snit....

BWAH

Clay Aiken. I'd love to know what goes through his mind when he thinks about his fans.

great answer..and I'd love to know this as well.

Yes. Clay sold out Red Bank officially.

Now anyone looking for an Englewood ticket?

Where's englewood..and where would one fly into if they wanted to go to red bank? hypothetically speaking of course.

Post-hoing because I can....

100 Greatest Modern Male Pop Vocalists

Clay is number 26 on the list. YAY!

#26? what..huh? did we not vote...where do I vote. who do I write to complain. oh never mind..just a reflex. Yay for 26!!

Hey, we're getting close to 80 pages on this thread, and it only took us about two months, instead of the year the first one lasted. Ansa and Couchie, are we looking at a new thread soon, with a daily banner change perhaps? [Yeah, I finally got around to voting, and it was hard, dudes. There are some rilly, rilly good choices over there in the banner contest thread.]

I know..i finally voted as well and it was a very tough decision to make...I finally narrowed it down to 3 and then it was still hard after that to make a decision. Beautiful creations!!

What's your favorite website? : What happens in I name another board?

Off with your head of course...hee... Just kidding...we created fca forums hoping that it would become a second board to people....maybe even a third or a fourth.

couchie! WTF? An interview? Whuh happened? Thought you were okay with your job and whatnot?!!?

Not to worry Muski... let me put it like this...IF I get this part time weekend job, and the interview went very well, we will be doing our drinking in style.

Where's englewood..and where would one fly into if they wanted to go to red bank? hypothetically speaking of course.

Englewood is a few minutes away from my house and Red Bank is an hour+some away. You fly into Newark airport and let me pick you up and drop you at a hotel or at my not perfect house.

There are still 3 very bad seats available for Red Bank but some good seats left for West Point which is the night before and for Long Island (Where I am not going). There are lots of good seats left for grossly overpriced Englewood.

Edited by playbiller

Huh. This article from the Patriot Legend about a local Boston band seems to indicate that ATDW is on the Grammy ballot. It appears that those bastards at RCA continue to try to screw him over. Ha!

The South Shore-based group Bellevue Cadillac might be on the verge of a huge national breakthrough, after it was announced last week that its album, ‘‘Love Allways,’’ is eligible for seven Grammy nominations this year. The next step begins Saturday when ballots listing the eligible recordings and artists in each category are mailed to members of the Recording Academy of America. Final nominations will be announced Dec. 7.

<snip>

The Grammys can consider most of the 180,000 records released in a given year, and all voting members can nominate songs or artists. Voting members are those who have produced a certain amount of work on the national level.

The various categories Bellevue is in range from 634 nominees in Record of the Year, to just 56 in Best Pop Performance by Duo or Group. Song of the Year includes 130 entrants, including work from people like K.T. Tunstall, Roseanne Cash and Ben Harper. Record of the Year includes competition from Aerosmith, Clay Aiken and Beyonce, so there is no guarantee Bellevue Cadillac will make it to the final list of nominees.

‘‘The bottom line is that somebody thought enough of our music to put it on this ballot,’’ Bell said. ‘‘Somebody thinks we deserve consideration, and that’s very gratifying.’’

Seems highly unlikely that anything will come of it since it looks like there are 634 nominees, but it's kind of cool to get comfirmation that Clay is at least up for preliminary consideration for a Grammy.

Edited by bottlecap

Well ATDW would be in consideration for Grammy's since it made the cut off..but I am very curious to see that they even mention it in this article given that there are tons of high profile CD's to mention

Damn...you know RCA is just putting ATDW for nomination to humiliate him right... :)

Man. I'm still impressed. If only 634 of the 180,000 possibles are nominated, he's still in freakishly decent company (yeah, yeah, RCA only thinks his is one of the top 0.035% records out this year - they probably picked him 2nd again or something!)

What's your guilty pleasure? : General Hospital. (Laura's back! Eeeeeeeee!)

I've got a better answer for mine now. Clay Aiken message boards is still a good answer for me though. I'll never answer "Clay Aiken" for something like this (even if I did agree with it three years ago, a la EW), because I refuse to feel guilty over the man.

My answer now would be: Iron Chef. God, I love that show, both the Americanized Japanese version, and the new American one (with my hero, Alton Brown, hosting). Fast cook, with weird ingredients, and frequently weird final dishes. Way too much fun.

Maybe it's because I've experienced some of this before as the fan of an actor. OK. It was Matt Damon.

Ooooo, lurve me some Matt Damon, but I have to admit, he lost me after a while and never managed to win me back. So I need to see the Bourne series, eh?

Ah it's not like I hated it but there is just better clack out there. So I wanna come to the party.k? anything for a cheeze doodle.

Is there any way you can fly to Peoria tonight? Because I can then get you to Chicago tomorrow and we can party!!!! I'll have to go out and get cheeze doodles, though. :P

Man. I'm still impressed. If only 634 of the 180,000 possibles are nominated, he's still in freakishly decent company (yeah, yeah, RCA only thinks his is one of the top 0.035% records out this year - they probably picked him 2nd again or something!)

Yeah, I am too. I really, really hope that this is a sign for good things to come regarding the Grammy's. I personally think this album is worthy of it, and of course, it's all about me. :D OTOH, the media will be brutal if ATDW does get a Grammy nom -- but then, who cares about the media? Remember, it's all about me!

But this isn't the first time I've been given some hope for Grammy consideration. Someone posted this a few weeks ago on a different message board:

grammy.jpg

I'm wondering if RCA knows this album is the type that the voters would appreciate, and is putting all their money into that instead of radio play?

*crosses fingers*

really refuse to think of Clay and Grammy...just a bit too nerve wracking...but of course I won't be upset if something good comes out of it...just don't want to think about it ...no way...no sireee....nah nah nah * fingers in ears*

really refuse to think of Clay and Grammy...just a bit too nerve wracking...but of course I won't be upset if something good comes out of it...just don't want to think about it ...no way...no sireee....nah nah nah * fingers in ears*

Yeah....that....I'm sure there's no win here. If he DOES get a Grammy nomination, there'll be all kinds of theories by the media that the crazy Clayfans probably strongarmed the powers that be to such a degree that the nomination was a pacifier...just to shut "us" up...no snowball's chance in hell that it's actually a serious contender...blah blah..

Or...RCA has it nominated just to humiliate Clay. They know the REAL music powerhouses will see this thing as the publicity ploy it is, obviously, since there's no snowball's chance in hell that ATDW is seriously worthy of being considered...blah...blah

Or...looks like The Aiken finally got wise and sold out to the "industry"---probably paid mucho payola to get his unworthy effort included with the big boys and gals...blah blah

Or...how the hell can an albumn that has only gone Gold be considered? I mean, he's so yesterday---his first cd sold 3 million and didn't get a Grammy nod...why would this poor little baby with less than half a million sold get a nod? Something fishy here.... :ph34r: Wouldn't be surprised if RCA did this just to make him even more of a laughing stock than he already is; obviously, they want him out of THEIR house since he doesn't make them any money. blah blah...

Shall we start a contest re: which one of these theories will get the most pages of blah blah on the message board(s)? :glare: ;):lol:

Woo! Light at the end of the tunnel, women! Last functions hapening this afternoon. Tomorrow's smaller meeting I'll be able to do with my eyes closed (and just might since sleep has not been something at the top of my list of things I've done here... -_- )...and then....

BIG CLAY ON THE BIG SCREEN IN MY BIG SUITE WITH THE BIG PINK POSSE AND THE BIG BOTTLES OF BEER, WINE, CHAMPAGNE! :04: :fest09: :trink3:

By the way, I tried to get CG to hop on a plane and join us, but she must have finally reached that moment when she knew she's become an adult because she resisted. :angry:

I'm worried about her.... :unsure:

Reminders

ALL ABOUT CLAY GABFEST...tonight at 9pm to 11 pm EST (6pm PST) just go here... I will be opening the thread up at 8:30. SEE YOU GUYS THERE!!!

topic...Favorite Clay Flubs...

bring screencaps, video links to favorite clips of Clay's most popular flubs. Reminisce with us or debate their merits or just EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and BWAH at Clay's cuteness.

This topic will simply be the starting point of the discussion...we will see where the discussion will go from there...as long as we stick to the main man.

BANNER CONTEST...the voting ends tomorrow...we were hoping to get at least 100 votes...so if y'all can spread the word, it will be appreciated.

SONG PARODY CONTEST...submission is open until midnight. I will put up the poll and voting starts tomorrow...if anyone has last minute submissions, its not too late!!!

MCWL Listening party
is tentatively scheduled for next Friday...I will wait for our listening party hostess ldyjocelyn to make the formal announcements.

Thanks y'all for participating and making FCA Forum the fun place it is today....

By the way, I tried to get CG to hop on a plane and join us, but she must have finally reached that moment when she knew she's become an adult because she resisted. :angry:

I'm worried about her.... :unsure:

She's a temptress, I tell ya!

What a time to grow-up! :glare: But not to worry. I'm sure I will be acting like a child again soon! :lol:

I wanted to come. Its just that old money thing..... :angry:

So raise a glass of champagne for me (I LOVE me some champagne.... :) ) and have a great time!

Hmmm. One day we'll have to have a little FCA convention! :D

What's your favorite website? : What happens in I name another board?

Off with your head of course...hee... Just kidding...we created fca forums hoping that it would become a second board to people....maybe even a third or a fourth.

Is it wrong that ths has become my first board???? :unsure:

Probably not a bad idea to think like that. I'll join you in "la la la...."

But I can't help it, I just like that idea.

I'll join muski's pool, just have to decide which of the theories would cause the most angst....

ALL ABOUT CLAY GABFEST...tonight at 9pm to 11 pm EST (6pm PST) just go here... I will be opening the thread up at 8:30. SEE YOU GUYS THERE!!!

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to be there this evening. Since I'm spending tomorrow evening with Clay friends (and a great deal of alcohol), my hubby is first priority tonight.

But I've submitted my topic discussion to Ansa, she'll ghost post for me...

MCWL Listening party is tentatively scheduled for next Friday...I will wait for our listening party hostess ldyjocelyn to make the formal announcements.

I'll get the rules and regs up for this by next Tuesday....but just think of what we did with ATDW and you've got the general idea.

Nope. Not at all. {{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

So, we can look forward to increasingly drunken posts as the evening goes on?

Heh....

BIG CLAY ON THE BIG SCREEN IN MY BIG SUITE WITH THE BIG PINK POSSE AND THE BIG BOTTLES OF BEER, WINE, CHAMPAGNE!

:wein::drink::trink4::party20: :704: :bier: :kotz0: :voll:

hee that will be interesting...we already got a glimpse of tipsy Muski the other night...this will be fun.

I just got my Fan Club pack in the mail, and the OFFICIAL FAN CLUB MEMBER 2006 card is cracking me up.

MEMBERSHIP CARD ONLY VALID WHEN PRESENTED WITH VALID GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO IDENTIFICATION. NON-TRANSFERABLE AND CANNOT BE SOLD. CAN BE CONFISCATED AT ANY TIME FOR MISUSE OR ANY VIOLATION OF FAN CLUB RULES AND REGULATIONS.

That's some pretty tough talk there. Just who is going to come and confiscate my card? The "BAD FAN" patrol? B) Hee. They'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hand.

Guess I probably can't use my fan club card as a means of identification when I go to vote on Tuesday. Darn...

BTW, there is a considerable amount of chestage exposed in the 8" x 10" fan club pic. After examination, I'd say at least three buttons worth...

I just got my Fan Club pack in the mail, and the OFFICIAL FAN CLUB MEMBER 2006 card is cracking me up.

MEMBERSHIP CARD ONLY VALID WHEN PRESENTED WITH VALID GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO IDENTIFICATION. NON-TRANSFERABLE AND CANNOT BE SOLD. CAN BE CONFISCATED AT ANY TIME FOR MISUSE OR ANY VIOLATION OF FAN CLUB RULES AND REGULATIONS.

That's some pretty tough talk there. Just who is going to come and confiscate my card? The "BAD FAN" patrol? B) Hee. They'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hand.

Guess I probably can't use my fan club card as a means of identification when I go to vote on Tuesday. Darn...

BTW, there is a considerable amount of chestage exposed in the 8" x 10" fan club pic. After examination, I'd say at least three buttons worth...

BWAH tough talk indeed...

BTW...is this a new picture..or the one in the fan pack?

BTW...is this a new picture..or the one in the fan pack?

I renewed online, so according to the bracelet that came with my package, I am an "Ultimate Member". :lol: The 8" x 10" photo, as far as I can tell, is picture 3 of 6 on the OFC Year 2 Photos on the media page.

we already got a glimpse of tipsy Muski the other night...this will be fun.

Huh? :o

When? :unsure:

I don't remember that.... :blink:

I think this is a consipiracy.

Somebody's out to sully my ba...er, good name... :angry:

I won't stand for it! :angry:

But I might be on the floor for it..... B)

EDITED! Oh good GOD! Saw this on EAYOR!

meganavi.gif

Edited by muskifest

yeah, cuz too many of those and Ansa and I might have to learn to mod or something.

:wein::drink::trink4::party20: :704: :bier: :kotz0: :voll:

So Muski..you're getting yourself quite the rep... I'm a witness...we've been out many many times for the sole purpouse of drinking..heh..and I've never seen her drunk.

Clay fans don't let Clay fans drive ...well you know the rest.

So I'm really looking forward to hearing MGUCL on the ep...wonder how he sang it...it might not be like he did it on that show last year. Can't wait to hear it.

oh Muski..trying to kill me? wow...he looks hot.

Since Muski stole the gif I brought over for her avatar, I stole the one she brought over for mine! :D

(Claygasm @ Nov 4 2006, 12:39 PM)

Is it wrong that ths has become my first board????

yeah, cuz too many of those and Ansa and I might have to learn to mod or something.

Couchie, I promise to be good so you and Ansa don't have to do any moderating! :)

Ok??

Please, please, please! Can this still be my first board???

So Muski..you're getting yourself quite the rep... I'm a witness...we've been out many many times for the sole purpouse of drinking..heh..and I've never seen her drunk.

I have. Hehehe.... B)

(Claygasm @ Nov 4 2006, 12:39 PM)

Is it wrong that ths has become my first board????

Couchie, I promise to be good so you and Ansa don't have to do any moderating! :)

Ok??

Please, please, please! Can this still be my first board???

Oh OK...if you really have to...heh

well personally...I originally thought of FCA as a fun spa or resort...a home away from home. Didn't think it would become my refuge from all the insanity that now permeates my home...

oh well...I'm not complaining!!!!

Bottle and muski...thanks for bringing the pretties...

Ansa and any other Canadians, this bit of news about the All Is Well EP may be of interest to you. It doesn't sound real hopeful for the Canadian Wal-Marts.

Per From Calgary at Clayversity:

Well, I have some bad news and some good news for Canadians interested in Clay's EP All is WELL

Which do you want first??

Well, OK....the BAD news is that this exclusive EP distribution was never intended for the Canadian market.

But...the GOOD news is that we have a Canadian Walmart buyer on our side! I got a message on my voicemail from him last night to say that he has spoken to the Arkansas office, was told the above...but he is ANXIOUS to have that EP here in Canada! He sounds almost as excited about it as we are! He says he is NOT giving up, and is going to do his darndest to get it up here. He WANTS those sales!

So....keep your fingers crossed.....I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything further...

I'm still trying to figure out how to keep up my self-imposed boycott of Walmart and still get this EP!

I mean, why did they have to pick Walmart?? Why not Target or any place other than Walmart???

Hmmm. That must be part of the evil plot! RCA/Clive KNOWS that many are boyctting Walmart for a variety of reasons so having it be a Walmart exclusive might hurt sales!!

That must be it! :lol: