#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

Alas, no luck with AIW at my nearest Wal-Mart this morning. They had about 8 copies of MCWL in the holiday music section and none of ATW in Pop/Rock, although curiously, there was a Ruben Studdard CD in the "A" slot where where you'd expect Clay's to be. (Due to Clive's evil minions, no doubt!)

Clay's surprise? A few guesses..

1) An exclusive Fan Club calendar for the new year,

2) News about something professional coming up (i.e, a peek at tour plans)

3) Home video he's taken or had taken of him "behind-the-scenes"

Like others, I find it hard to believe that he'd show off his new home to the cameras. I can imagine an interview in his living room, but not any kind of grand tour.

So sad for you, Couchie. :( Is there no way to recover it from your computer?

Thinking good thoughts for Claygasm...

Edited by JennaZ

Well crap..I just lost all 4000 songs on my ipod. More importanly, all 38 Clay AIken playlists. Sigh.

((((Couchie)))) I know how that feels...It truly, truly sucks...that kind of music collection and playlist didn't just sprout overnight. Well at least you can now have fun rebuilding.

Good morning all! It's still warm in our area, but the gray rains have come in, and the temperature is supposed to bottom out overnight, meaning freezing rain and ice. I'm a nervous weather watcher, especially when I'm supposed to see Clay in two days...driving by myself....a 3 and a half hour journey....pray, OK?

well first major snowfall here today...which is good for our area since having snow in October is not unheard of, so the fact that our first nowfall happened in late November is amazing. But I didn't want to start wearing my yucky snow boots and taking out the hats, scarves and gloves...oh well...at least the girls are excited. Caitlin was jumping up and down...pointing at the window and chanting...no, no, no (thats snow in her language...HEH)...and it was so precious seeing her standing in the middle of the driveway with her tongue out trying to catch snow flakes. Who cares if we were freezing our buns off waiting for the bus. :D

muski, I agree with you on the frustration with the media and their focus on the bad. However, I really do think that's just the media in general -- they like to focus on the bad side of celebrities, no matter who they are. Good works and deeds, and heck, just singing, don't gather the attention that covering another's mouth, or flashing a boob seem to do. Why is that? I sure wish I knew.

The thing is when you hear about celebrities doing good work it is usually a way to prmote the charity or a good way for the Celebrities to promote themselves. I just don;t think Clay is the kind of person that wants to trumpet his good deeds all around. If it helps UNICEF...sure he will speak out. But I don't see him telling his publicist to make a press release for all his good work.

Editing because -- well, where is everybody? I see from the CH that Linda Loveland from WRAL is going to talk to Clay, and it will be on the 10:00 news this evening. "Something we've never seen before," if I remember the quote right. It's gotta play into the birthday surprise, doesn't it? This is sounding more and more like it may be a tour of his house, which the idea squicks me out a bit (even though I'd love to see it...I'm fickle that way). What do the rest of y'all think?

This does sound like it could be a film clip of his house. Whether it is the same thing he will be giving the fans tomorrow...I do not know. The only reason why I predicted it will be is the word "inside". Now I am not one to think there is a hidden meaning in everything he has in his blog...but in this instance...the use of the word was a bit awkward so I suspect it was meant to be a clue.

How do I feel about that. I am with KAndre on this. Clay has shown his house before.. a lot of celebrities do that. Since he didn;t decorate this house...its not like we are really seeing into what Clay likes. Does this contradict his need for privacy? I don't think so. He is a master of opening up aspects of his life while keeping the truly private part of himself hidden. I mean he loves to tell stories about his trips and a lot of his quirks that he seems like he is an open book...but a lot of times we really don;t know how he feels about things. I do believe if he will show his house...its because he is proud of it, and proud of his mama's decorating.

The only downside...the inevitable Faye bashing that will follow... I think that will be the time for the scroll button.

BTW...what I really hope for...another exclusive Download...

Look! A new thought and paragraph! Enjoy this - it probably won't happen often (because dudes, y'all gotta realize - I'm a really bad writer). If I have to know anything about Clay's business dealings, the one thing I would like to look at is the cost-benefit ratio for both RCA and him individually - from a business standpoint, that would be the bottom line. Too many people seem to have the idea that the ratio is fixed - the more you spend the more you make - but in general it doesn't work like that. There is a definite tipping point, and determining where that lies is where companies succeed or fail.

WORD....

Do y'all know about Arista records...that was Clives label until he was replaced by L A Reid in 2000...under Reid they had huge hits from Avril, outkast, Usher, Pink...however...they also had huge expenses...and in the end Arista closed shop...was merged with J records, and Reid fired because he had 100 million in losses. Sometimes, huge promo...does not pay off. I think this lesson is what made RCA a bit careful on their expenditures. For example...Chris single didn't impact on radio till about 2 or three weeks before release...WHY??? because RCA is betting that his AI exposure is enough to drive first week sales...with a well placed song on a primetime hit show...they ended up with a CD that opens in number two and the second highest opening of a non winner AI alum. I think with Clay...they thought...since it takes time to build a presence in AC radio...and TC only decided on their single so close to the release...it was better to put the payola money to TV ads...rather than radio. I really can't say if that was a mistake or not. If Clay had a radio hit I bet it would've been higher and I think he would still be selling more today. BUT how much would they have to pay for that radio hit. It takes so many weeks for a song to become a hit on AC...I don't think the timing was right. NOW...in 2007...IF they want to...they can follow up his christmas radio play with the next single off ATDW. I am hoping they will still do some promo next year. It is possible to revive a CD that way.

My other theory is that Clay is going to reveal his freshly-shaven skull and the new "AIKEN" tattoo he has on his back. :P

:lol::lol:

waves Hi to everyone here (which changes from minute to minute)

Woke up with headache and bad sore throat and a hysterical dog - so got up, put her out and watched her cable break and see her run. Now after 1.5 hours of chasing her through the town and ending up 2 miles from home (thankfully live in an area where some people put up fenced in pools and leave a gate open - so I can corner her) Now fully awake and exercised, I can join you and sniffle atthe same time.

hope you are feeling better...

First of all, I forgot to EEEEEEEEEEEEE about the sales numbers. Up 24%? That's a NICE percentage. Go Clay go!

Secondly, if you can stand one more comment about Ripagate, try

"Hollywood Happens," and it seems he must do these every day or so. You don't really need to watch, just listen, and the Clay/Ripa/Rosie thing starts about a minute into it. I think most people here will like the guy's comments. (I've noticed via the comments section of this clip that many Clay fans agree. *g*)

YAY....finally...too bad this guy is not on the entertainment news programs. But you know what...I bet lots of people, even in the industry, are feeling this way. They just know that R&K is a pretty popular program and they have to be careful kow they handle this...but I bet when industry people see the program they will see how witty and funny Clay was. Even Regis hasn't really been supportive of Kelly.

((((Claygasm and family))))

From demeter at CV:

I have clack! It's not much, but a start for our concert season.

th_marquee.jpg

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Concerts are almost here!

====================================

Do we think Clay's blog "surprise" and the WRAL "thing we've never seen before" are the same thing? Where's my sooper sekrit decoder bling? And why does it have liver goop on it?

Well...I guess it is a house tour...from CH:

just read this at CB:

<<<Just got an e-mail from Lynda Loveland:

Haven't gotten the Christmas CD yet, but I've heard great things about it.

Also, you might want to watch our Fox 50 news tonight at 10 and WRAL's Morning news tomorrow morning.

Can you say house tour?

Lynda >>>

From demeter at CV:

I have clack! It's not much, but a start for our concert season.

th_marquee.jpg

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Concerts are almost here!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! That's my show! As long as the predicted possible snows don't come (and it doesn't sound promising at the moment), I'll be there!

Do we think Clay's blog "surprise" and the WRAL "thing we've never seen before" are the same thing? Where's my sooper sekrit decoder bling? And why does it have liver goop on it?

Good point. It could be two totally different things, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

BWAH on the liver goop.

Well...I guess it is a house tour...from CH:

just read this at CB:

<<<Just got an e-mail from Lynda Loveland:

Haven't gotten the Christmas CD yet, but I've heard great things about it.

Also, you might want to watch our Fox 50 news tonight at 10 and WRAL's Morning news tomorrow morning.

Can you say house tour?

Lynda >>>

*sigh*

Ansa, you make a good point about Clay and his privacy vs. opening his house up to Linda and Co. I guess maybe I'm just gun-shy over what I'm prediciting several fan's reactions will be. Seeing Clay trashed makes me upset, but seeing any of those around him trashed upsets me too.

*sigh*

And now I'll STFU about the topic.

But...but....

I don't mind liver if it's fried with onions.... :P

A house tour? Ok...let me get my notepad handy...this is going to provide mucho goodo stuffo for upcoming chapters, I betcha.... B) I love how he does these nice things for me. He's such a good boyfriend. ^_^

How silly (and predictable) that I got all excited seeing that marquee picture! I just LOVE seeing his name all big and everything...

what...

An inside house tour is a lot different from someone showing the location and outside of the house. Considering how little time Clay will spend in this house this year, I can see where it would not be that personal just yet. One is for the curious, the other for stalkers.

James Taylor 's Christmas album went platinum the first year because Hallmark contracted for 1 million and then sort of forced the different stand alone store Hallmarks to order them as part of Christmas promotion. Whart ever they had left over they sold for peanuts after Christmas.

What ever happens with All is Well will be determined by the contract between Wallmart and BMG or RCA. I would not be surprised to hear part ofthe music playing in ads from Walmart soon. Now the Cardboard cut out and the full display of only Clay could be amazing for sales of all CDs and the DVD.

Currently, MOAM is 2XP, ATDW is G, MCWL is P and the DVD is G (50K)

Now, I am wondering if, with the huge numbers of MCWL I have seen around lately includingthe 5.99 price on Amazon and the DVD suddenly appearing everywhere, if there is a push for those to go to the next level of 2XP and P.

playbiller, I thought MOAM was shipped TRIPLE platinum?

Doesn't make any diff to me, though.

I'm sitting here listening to "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" with the hawt red-background purdy man giving me a holiday eyef*ck from the CD jewel case that's propped up at my keyboard.

I'm mucho sicko, I know-o.

Clay announced it at a concert, but then sales dropped off sharply when the radio stopped playing his album. It is possible that there were returns, which tends to keep certifications from completing.

And he blogs!

Edited by playbiller

Clay announced it at a concert, but then sales dropped off sharply when the radio stopped playing his album. It is possible that there were returns, which tends to keep certifications from completing.

It shipped tripple plat...but not certified.

My man just blogged - confirmed the house thingie - and signed off "ciao" - which is CLEARLY a secret message to moi because I have signed off that way occasionally myself. I knew he loves me best of all!

And anyone calling me "delusional and psychotic" is just jealous, so there!

HE BLOGGED!

I agree with one of the people who left a comment on the blog that this is a great way to one-up those overly curious about his house...

Sorta like how he did with the big ears thing during AI....he says it first and takes away the power from those who want to make fun of him. Here, he lets us in his house so that the media can't get a "exclusive" sneaky pics of it...

I love this man. And his titanium parts.

Well damn, scooped again...

....but WTF is up with all the foreign language talk? Oh yeah, it's to make KAndre happy. Bet she doesn't feel like chopped liver anymore...

And he knows this internet fandom way tooo well. Of course we'll have it by 10:31 p.m. this evening!

I love it when he blogs, even if it later gets picked apart.

And yes, I'm looking forward to seeing his house. Sue.me.

Clay Blogged!!!! and yup it is the house tour...he hasn't confirmed it but he confirms it is the piece on WRAL tonight.

there will be another feature tomorrow morning...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

for those ambivalent about this...If Clay is not comfortable doing this he wouldn't be...I like the fact that he hasn't become sooo private that he can't share a bit of his life with the public.

I admit I am totally curious about his house...mostly curious about how big it is.

oh shoot...on preview I see many beat me to it...well I will leave it anyway... :P

eta: yup...now he is Italian...I know...there will be a European promo tour coming up...yup...the super sekrit decoder ring is working fine, paid lots for it on ebay... :P :P

Ok, maybe its because I am having a reeeeeaaaaaalllllly bad day, and maybe because I always get depressed no matter what on November 29th because it is the anniversary of the death of my beloved George Harrison, but to Clay's "present" for us I say whoop-di-doo.

First, I don't really give a shit about what the inside of his house looks like. Seeing the badly decorated brothel inspired inside of the LA house was enough for me. I don't want to see more examples of Faye's bad taste.

Secondly, a surprise for us, his fandom, but it really is only for the people in the Triangle area. Sure, someone will cap it, but once again it seems his idea of the world starts and stops in Raleigh. What if for some reason no one can cap it? Only those in the Triangle area get the present.

And once again, no exclusive for being a fan club member.

I am still waiting for all those promised fan club exclusive videos etc. I would have much preferred a exclusive download or an exclusive video of him recording or something like that.

The inside of his house? He wants privacy? He wants his house to be off limits from the fans but yet he does this? Make up your mind Clay! You can't have it both ways.

He better at least have good hair for this thing! B)

I told you I was having a reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllly bad day!

Oh, and thanks for all the good wishes. I can use each and every one of them.

Eh, Claygasm - I still love your faintly bitchy self!

Just keep in mind, when you come to my house, it's a mediumly expensive badly decorated brothel inspired house - that gold fringe don't come cheap!

mostly curious about how big it is.

Ansa, honey...if you're still not sure, PM me...I can link you to some primo video clips and pictures... ;)

HEE...it never fails!!! :lol:

Hey he could still be making some announcements tomorrow in his little feature on WRAL...

I think his Birthday will be very interesting.

Well Claygasm he did say that it starts there...its possible they are planning to put it up on the fanclub.

a video tour is very different from fans dropping in and trying to get in his house.

From CH...

My friend just called and said they did a promo for the piece about the upcoming house tour. It was Lynda Loveland and Clay outside his house. She's saying something about Clay deciding to give us an "Inside look at his house, including..." and he puts his hand over her mouth! BWAH! Then he says, "We'll save that for later."

Bless his heart.

Put me down as very excited to see his house! I love the man to death and want to know where he spends his down time. Especially after seeing the aerial view. Yowza, what a place!

hee...the guy seem to get a kick out of that brouhaha...I wonder if there is more than just the house. It looks like he was trying to keep the real surprise a secret....

or he was just trying to be funny.

A description of The Insider from Southern Belle at CV:

After a half-dozen mentions of Clay Breaking News, they show old clips. Clay with the bangs singing Without You, Clay just moved into his home in Raleigh. Duh, hasn't he been there for months? A few words about Christmas and they received lots of text messages from the Clay fans that yes, they should show his Christmas song on Live with Regis and the wicked blonde witch of the west. When they show the teasers, it appears we will be getting one thing and when the actual piece is shown, it is not much of anything. Well, we do see Clay and that is always good.

Just keep in mind, when you come to my house, it's a mediumly expensive badly decorated brothel inspired house - that gold fringe don't come cheap!

BWAH!!!

hee...I have to admit that what I saw on Clay;s LA house was not my taste...but it sure looked like my mom's house.

A description of The Insider from Southern Belle at CV:

After a half-dozen mentions of Clay Breaking News, they show old clips. Clay with the bangs singing Without You, Clay just moved into his home in Raleigh. Duh, hasn't he been there for months? A few words about Christmas and they received lots of text messages from the Clay fans that yes, they should show his Christmas song on Live with Regis and the wicked blonde witch of the west. When they show the teasers, it appears we will be getting one thing and when the actual piece is shown, it is not much of anything. Well, we do see Clay and that is always good.

as much as I would love to hear the insider use these words (ones I bolded)...this must be a bit of editorializing....

See now, you made me laugh!

I don't feel like laughing, but you made me laugh! :lol:

Damn you! ;)

HEE...it never fails!!!
Hmmm....most likely true. But then he's still a very young, virile man. B)

Oh Lawd! He put his hand over Lynda's mouth? :P That guy CMSU! Hey! Maybe he's going to show us the blue kitchen! :lol:

I am actually curious if that is true and not some exaggeration to be funny.