#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

Awww you guys have been having a really interesting discussion while I was out visiting our walmart and starting Christmas shopping.

AIW...since this was Canada I didn;t really expect anything. I did ask a sales person about it and she said she hasn't heard anything about it. Hopefully it will be here in December.

Daughtry...He is enjoying high numbers because of three things...

AI... This was the highest rated season. That was so much exposure where he did get a lot of positive reviews...his ouster from AI created quite a buzz, it was good for his rocker rep that the mainstream audience of AI rejected him...he got a lot of press from it and he also got a lot of good reveiws from the AI tour. In other words he did come out of AI with a fanbase.

His CD...it is right in line with the most popular bands right now. I heard that his songs are very formulaic as to what gets radio play ...lots of hook, strong beat, shallow lyrics...thats why it will get a lot of people buying. His song was used in prison break's fall finale promo...lots of exposure.

Black Friday...higher number of shoppers...more impulse buyers...more sales...eta cos Thurs not the same as Fri

In other words...he got exposure, timing and a very commercial sound. And good for him. I just don't see how his success can take anything away from Clay. I just don't agree with the notion that Clay got covers because RCA had Chris. I think Clay got covers because for some reason Clive thought it would be a good idea. For some reason Clive thought it's what Clay needs at this time. I just don't think its about hurting Clay or trying to keep Clay from competting with Chris. They would never be in direct competition anyway because their image and sound is very different from each other. RCA is a business...they want a healthy bottomline...Why would they downplay one artist for another...I think they would want all their artist to be as successful as can be...The more success they get...the more money RCA would get. Chris is just another new artist out there that is trying to make a living. More power to him. Clay is on his third CD...he is a more established artist that does not have to keep proving himself. He is not going away, just because he didn't outsell all the AI people in his first week. The AI competition is over people.

Why isn't Clay more well known for his music...Because although he has a brilliant voice he hasn't had a bonafide hit since Invisible. Ordinary people do not hear his music being played all over the way Kelly and Carries songs have been. Then...Clay also has a very strong personality. From the moment Clay went on AI and said he was the next American idol...people have been fascinated by him, he has star power just by his presence. He creates buzz by what he does. So people hear more about him than his music.

This is not always going to be the situation. I do believe his Breakaway record is still around the corner. I truly believe that things happen for a reason. This year...any CD Clay brought out would be overshadowed by the tabloid problems. I truly believe the reason he didn't get that much print coverage was because most media wanted to ask him about the tabloids, so they decided to just answer it at one go and give the exclusive to people. Because he has been more popular for being Clay than for his music ...I also beleive that whatever CD he brought out would be panned by the critics. I am glad that if he would have a less than successful CD it would be a cover CD mandated by Clive. Now the media has something to point to for the weak sales performance.

At this point, the pressure is off Clay to always get a big hit. I think reveiwers will no longer be so eager to pan him...I also think he will have a bit more freedom with his next CD. I see his career normalizing somewhat.

BTW...Bottle, so you are covering the CV reports? Thanks...didn;t want to just assume... :D

I always thought the notion that Clay got covers because RCA had Chris was rather absurd because at the time Clive "mandated" covers, they didn't even know who Chris was! We may never know exactly why they made that move. Maybe the stuff Clay recorded was crap. Maybe it was weird. Maybe it was totally unmarketable. Maybe none of them - Clay, Jaymes nor Clive were that happy with it but Clive didn't want them to take another year or two to get new material so out came that old stand-by - covers. When Clay writes his tell all book, we'll know. Meanwhile, who cares? We got "Broken Wings" because Clive mandated covers! :D

Although I left my super seekrit decoder ring at the office, I have always felt that when Clay agreed to accept Clive's "mandate" he got something in return because he has seemed so happy and so confident and so at peace with his career during the non-promotion ( ;) ) of this album and I just don't think he's that good of an actor that if he were really unhappy with the situation he could pull that off. (I know, I know, maybe this is the last album with RCA so he is happy to be rid of the evil ones!) Anyway, in my mind, he gets tons and tons of freedom with the next album. I mean, Clive won't let him put out that album of Mongolian Polkas or anything, but I bet within reason, he gets a lot more say next time and he's already working on it so it can be released next fall. <delusional>

Whatever, DAUGHTRY! sold a lot, IMO, because of AI mostly, not some fabulous promotion that was funded by Clay's promotional dollars. I bet he had a ton of fans who bought his album in droves, most likely in multiples, to prove HE was the one who should have won AI5. Hmmmmm. What about that sounds familiar??? B)

Oh, okay. ^_^ ....I'LL tell them!

So, like I said...earlier couchie called to say the one WalMart didn't have any AIWs so I said I'd check the other one nearby. I did. Saw nothing on the shelves in the music department. I looked twice...looking for that red cover and hot man. Nada. I asked a clerk, explaining very clearly what I was looking for. She said (and I'm not jerking you around, either...)

She said, "You know the lawn and garden department?"

Me: "Uh...yeah..."

Her: "You need to go there. It's holiday stuff right? Just for the holiday time?"

Me: "Yeah, but..."

Her: "Well, that's where all the holiday stuff is."

Me: "Even CDs???????!?!?!? This is a CD I'm talking about."

Her: "Yeah...see? There's nothing here..."

:glare:

So I walk to the lawn and garden department. There are, among all the other holiday trimmings, two displays of Christmas music. No Clay. I see a clerk with the false advertisement on her back "Can I help you?" I take the plunge.

Me: (Blah, blah...you know the drill)

Her: (vacuous expression on her face) "It would be over here."

Me: "Yes, I checked, It's not there, but it's a Walmart exclusive, blah blah."

Her: "And it's not out?"

Me: "Not here. And the woman in the music dept sent me here."

Her: (a frown marring her vacuous expression) "We don't have any either."

Me: "Could you please check your computer? I know it's supposed to be out today...here...only at Walmarts."

She starts toward her checkout area and I feel a ray of hope. But then, as if she suddenly realized she might slip and actually be helpful, she stopped and said, "You'll have to go to Customer Service. We don't do that here."

:blink:

By this time I'm smiling as I walk all the way back across the store to tackle the next phase of my mission. I explain things to a young woman, Shayla.

Shayla: "And there's none out? YOu think they haven't been unboxed or something?"

Me: "Possibly...or maybe they're already sold out. That's why I was hoping someone could check in the computer to see what the situation is."

Shayla: "A manager would have to do that, but..."

Me: "In the music department or in lawn and garden?"

Shayla: (a puzzled expression on her face) "Lawn and garden?"

Me: "That's where they sent me from the music department...said all the holiday stuff was there. It's not."

Shayla frowned and rolled her eyes. "Come on...I'll help you look."

But by this time I'd answered my cell phone to hear Couchie on the other end!

Couchie: "Hey. I got it."

Me: (I tell her my story.)

Couchie: "Walmart? You're in Walmart?"

Me: "Yeah! The one at _______, but they're telling me that..."

Couchie: "I'M in Walmart! In the store!"

Me: "Now? In the same store?" (I start looking for a tall woman among the lesser folk.)

Couchie: "Yeah...me and _____(another local Clayfan) Come on back...I got you one. We found five."

So Shayla and I trek back to the music department and while Couchie et al and I chat, Shayla seeks the booty. She finds another one! Eureka! So now we each have two!

But that's not enough!!!! :o So I ask Shayla when they'll get more. She doesn't know but says she'll get an assistant manager for me. Couchie et al and I continue chatting...a long time. Then Shayla comes back, takes my name and cell phone number and each of us give her our 'order'---how many copies of AIW do we want? I ask her for the assistant manager's name and she gives it to me and then shows me that she's going to tape the message to the cash register for the asst. mgr. who'll be in tomorrow. And that she'll call me when they know more AIWs are coming. :)

So All Is Well! hee! and fun! Couchie and I capped off our evening by walking together to the nearby Jamba Juice to reward ourselves for a job well done! :dancingpickle::trink4: :club0:

Being a Clay fan is a trip, y'all! B)^_^

I'm lazy..I knew she'd tell the story if I just walked slow..heee.

Anyway, the other part that is funny is how whipped I am. I'm dog tired. I had to pick my cousin up at the airport last night. She was supposed to get in at 10:50 pm...well let's just say I finally dragged myself to bed at 2:30 and then up at 7 for work. I was really pissy after not finding AIW and tired when I got home...but when that phone rang I shot out of the house like "a bat out of hell" or so says my mom!! heeee... and All is Well.

These Wal-Mart stories, some of them are freakin' hilarious.

Sometimes it's hard to understand the phenomenon of American Idol and the competition factor that rages on long after the seasons are over. I feel it, I've been involved in it some, but since I was kindof a late comer to the message boards I didn't know how deep some of the resentment ran in and between the fan groups of other contestants. In the first season, I liked Kelly Clarkson and voted for her a few times in the later episodes. I was actually glad when I heard they were touring together, I thought, great, I'll be able to see the two I've liked the most. I really liked their promo appearances together. Her fans, on the other hand, were almost enough to turn me against her. So much so that I can say I'm not one of the 5+ million who bought "Breakaway". I'm also pretty sure that some of Clay's fans have turned people against him. When Clay came off Idol he was the golden boy, everyone wanted him, he had so many firsts, so much recognition, he was everywhere. I don't think any Idol contestant before or since has gotten the type of hype he had. He was the loser who really won. He had the voice that couldn't be denied, he was unique. He was a story, he was the everyday guy. The fandom was on a high, they had proved their point. His every accomplishment was theirs as well. For the most part this exuberence and euphoria lasted almost two years, but within that two years some of the fracturing started. There were the fans that thought he walked on water and wanted him to be the role model, the fans that saw the devilish side and wanted him to show more of the bad boy side and definitely did not want him to be a role model. Then you take the divisivness over what he sang, what he wore, how his hair should look, how he ran or didn't run the BAF, is he gay or not gay, the parsing of every statement that ever came out of his mouth, a lot of these things started chipping away at the fanbase. You can add to that, that sometimes people just move on. On to a new Idol, on with their lives, whatever. I guess what I'm trying to say is that with ATDW, Clay wasn't coming out of the gate with the same type of support, I'm sure that RCA knew that. Clay has said he was working toward a CD of originals, something changed, who knows besides Clay and Clive and possibly a few other people what it was. I can see a scenario where Clive when presented with the CD of originals, didn't see the potential and suggested (mandated) the covers CD. I can see him thinking, if guys like Manalow and Stewart who can no longer sing can hit it big with covers, what can a guy with a great voice like Clay's do with some great cover songs. Yeah, I can see it wasn't the best idea for a sophomore CD, but I think I can understand the logic. Plus, I can see them thinking he needed to get "something" out there. Hey, I could be blowin' smoke out my butt, but to me this makes as much sense as the"Clive hates him and is trying to ruin him" scenario.

Now, after this horribly wandering post, I'll get back to the competition among Idols thing, I suspect it will probably last as long as Idol does. I haven't been too involved in discussion of other Idols, they don't interest me, I haven't really watched much since season 2, only when a certain red/blonde/brunette/highlighed/ haired singerman is on.

atino I'm going to be honest with you. When I first saw your post I wasn't going to read it---ONLY because all those words were just in one big hunk! (No paragraph breaks/line spacing, etc.)

But I'm SOOOO glad I did! You make so much sense...I like your thinking.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that with ATDW, Clay wasn't coming out of the gate with the same type of support, I'm sure that RCA knew that. Clay has said he was working toward a CD of originals, something changed, who knows besides Clay and Clive and possibly a few other people what it was. I can see a scenario where Clive when presented with the CD of originals, didn't see the potential and suggested (mandated) the covers CD. I can see him thinking, if guys like Manalow and Stewart who can no longer sing can hit it big with covers, what can a guy with a great voice like Clay's do with some great cover songs.

The first bolded part especially seems plausible to me. The second one makes me puzzled, though. IF Clive really thought that Clay could 'blow' on covers...would you say that the CD got the kind of promotion it needed to take off? I'm not asking to be antagonistic, I really wonder..

Anyway....life goes on...certainly, Clay's life goes on...he's a survivor.

Oh, shit. I've been staying up, waiting for Alex to get home from a late play rehearsal. Tv on while I type. TMZ Soup comes on...guy starts wtih the whole Ripacrite crap...he says "I know where that hand has been" after playing the clip. Then he says Rosie 'outed' Clay and played the clip where Rosie says all the wrong thing with the right intentions. He shows a picture of Clay from the AMAs, I think, but it's a candid shot with him caught mid expression. And he says, "What?! Are you telling me that Clay's not cute? (laughter) I think he makes a gorgeous lesbian."

Jesus.

I just don't understand why.

It's past late...going to bed. Night, all. (hugs all around)

Muski Sorry about the long unbroken post, I'll try to do better with my next stream of conciousness type of post.

In answer to your question about the promotion for the cd: Since I am saying that it's possible that RCA didn't feel like Clay was as big of a draw as he was fresh off of the show in 2003, it's also possible that the promotion they provided for him was equal to their expectations. I thought the number of appearances that were lined up for him was better than average, I think focus was lost because of the sexuality crap early in the promo cycle. Another possibility is that while Clive may have mandated the covers CD, maybe he wasn't thrilled with the final product. Historically, there has been a lack of support for radio for Clay, I guess if anything that is where they shorted him

I'm just a fan, I'm speculating just like anyone else. Personally, I love the CD, it didn't take any promotion really to get me to buy it. Just like, no matter how much promotion Daughtry,(sp) Taylor, Justin T or John Mayer got, it's not very likely that I will buy their CDs.

Well crap..I just lost all 4000 songs on my ipod. More importanly, all 38 Clay AIken playlists. Sigh.

Couchie How awful. 4000 songs? Some serious time and effort went in to building that mix. I feel bad for you

Good morning all! It's still warm in our area, but the gray rains have come in, and the temperature is supposed to bottom out overnight, meaning freezing rain and ice. I'm a nervous weather watcher, especially when I'm supposed to see Clay in two days...driving by myself....a 3 and a half hour journey....pray, OK?

Love hearing everyone's WalMart stories as well. I ended up buying 10 copies yesterday over the span of 3 stores. The fourth didn't have it out, and the clerk didn't seem all that much interested in looking for it either. I might check them again tonight after work to see if they got any in.

Y'all have been great with the conversation in the past 24 hours -- atinal, you can do "stream of conscious" anytime IMO, because I agreed with you on everything you've said. I've also loved claygasm's feelings about Clay and his relationship to RCA at the moment. ITA with you that Clay got something good out of the deal too when he agreed to the "covers" concept. He sure appears happy to me. (I find it funny -- those that want to see him happy either totally buy that he's happy because he's happy, or they see "a hidden meaning" to it all. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground here).

muski, I agree with you on the frustration with the media and their focus on the bad. However, I really do think that's just the media in general -- they like to focus on the bad side of celebrities, no matter who they are. Good works and deeds, and heck, just singing, don't gather the attention that covering another's mouth, or flashing a boob seem to do. Why is that? I sure wish I knew.

On a totally shallow note...I rewatched some of the Tyra clack again this morning. I could LIVE off that clack. Anyway, I was cracking up remembering how the reports of his hair during ATD were simply TERRIBLE. I watch it now, and while yes, it's different than the interview...I like it. A LOT. He looked fine that day. I think the hairstyle without the bangs makes him look very much the adult.

{{{{{{{{{couchie}}}}}}}}}} Wow, losing that many songs is terrible. Hope you can recover them.

Editing because -- well, where is everybody? I see from the CH that Linda Loveland from WRAL is going to talk to Clay, and it will be on the 10:00 news this evening. "Something we've never seen before," if I remember the quote right. It's gotta play into the birthday surprise, doesn't it? This is sounding more and more like it may be a tour of his house, which the idea squicks me out a bit (even though I'd love to see it...I'm fickle that way). What do the rest of y'all think?

Sales numbers for this week, courtesy of 43dudleyvillas:

155. Clay Aiken, A Thousand Different Ways: 10,247 (416,035) +24% from last week's sales of 8,262.

==========================================

I don't want Clay to show us his house - I find that to be too intrusive. The rented house in LA tour was very early on in his career, and honestly didn't reveal very much, and the Chatsworth house was after the fact. The Raleigh house is his HOME, which to me is a big difference. It should be his refuge and his roots, and I don't think he should share it with his fans at all. I feel pretty strongly about that. If it is about the house, will I watch? I'd like to say no, but I honestly don't know for sure. YMMV, of course.

I'm hoping for a new music video or tour news instead.

KAndre happily pats her hard drive, her back up hard drive, her back up back up hard drive, assorted data DVDs and cheap Sansa player...

Lost? You mean, lost LOST? As in you might have to repurchase it? Man, I would be hurting somebody right about now....

I knew Muski skips my posts! Heh. I occasionally think about paragraphs but if it comes out in one big chunk it's usually because it's one big thought...two thoughts are sometimes difficult for my brain to handle...

Frankly, atinal I totally agree with you. In addition, Clay really does have a large fanbase of baby boomers who don't listen to top 40 radio, don't care about Nickleback, Fuel, Jay-Z, Fergie or whoever the flavor is of the day. He does reach a number of people and gets them to buy music (and entire CDs) where they weren't before. The industry needs to tap into a new, real market as the old ones are seriously saturated and frankly don't want to buy. Clay is the last CD I bought because I liked all the songs on it. I'll confess, I've got Money Maker on my computer, but am not interested enough to listen to the rest of Ludacris' CD.

Look! A new thought and paragraph! Enjoy this - it probably won't happen often (because dudes, y'all gotta realize - I'm a really bad writer). If I have to know anything about Clay's business dealings, the one thing I would like to look at is the cost-benefit ratio for both RCA and him individually - from a business standpoint, that would be the bottom line. Too many people seem to have the idea that the ratio is fixed - the more you spend the more you make - but in general it doesn't work like that. There is a definite tipping point, and determining where that lies is where companies succeed or fail.

Another thought: I found this from a speech to the EU parliament during IP Enforcement session regard DRM:

For example, the major phonogram producers are currently paying eventhe largest UK artists 4-5 pence per iTunes download sale -- a royaltyof 5% of retail sale price -- and there are all kinds of ways in their standard contracts to withhold payment of all or part of even of that.[...]Why is this important? Because at present approximately 90% of all the sound recordings owned by the major phonogram producers are locked in vaults and not available commercially on any terms anywhere, to anyone. The creators of these recordings are powerless to do anything about it.[...]You must understand: more than 95% of all musicians never -- let me repeat -- never -- make a living from their craft. Of those who do, most only make a basic living -- even those who have had quite successful records generally live modestly. How are people living modestly supposed to take people in faraway lands to court?

And for me, this is the bottom line. I just can't see RCA/Clive/Satan forcing Clay to be more successful that 98% of all musicians out there but still less success than maybe the top 0.05%. Keeping Clay on that fine line must be a nightmare. It is freakishly hard to make it in the music industry...for anybody. I really don't think switching labels would help.

And BTW, it's supposed to hit 80 degrees here in Houston today - of course in 24 hours it's supposed to hit 32...Man, I love living in Texas!

ldyjocelynI guess it's just the 2 of us this morning. I kind of have mixed feelings about the "something we've never seen before" if it is a tour of his house. Like you, I'd love to see it. But, I remember when some of those pictures got posted of his house in LA, when it was up for sale, there were so many posts about the decorating style, and many of them were not very nice.

bottle I see you're here too, I think I'm with you on the "personal and intrusive". Thanks for the sales numbers.

Edited by atinal

What am I, chopped liver?

I dunno, if he let's the cameras into his house as some NC's version of "Cribs", I'm cool with that. And if it still is the style that some were saying excessively rude things about, I'd say he was flipping the rude people the bird. I'm cool with that too.

I dunno, if he let's the cameras into his house as some NC's version of "Cribs", I'm cool with that. And if it still is the style that some were saying excessively rude things about, I'd say he was flipping the rude people the bird. I'm cool with that too.

KAndre, I takes me so long to make my posts, that you came in while I was replying. I was also having some kind of issue with bolding, you may have noticed.

That's actually quite a good way to look at it -- thinking of it as his version of a "FU" to these people. Considering that he'll NEVER actually say FU to some of the people whom I think deserve it (and he may as well *g*), I like the idea.

Does "chopped liver" look good in bling? I vote yes....

I guess I would just find it odd if, after Clay made statements about limiting access to his personal life in the ATDW promo, he then turns around and lets cameras into his house. Of course, it's not like the dude isn't a bundle of contradictions jammed into 73" of long, lean lusciousness. :P

My other theory is that Clay is going to reveal his freshly-shaven skull and the new "AIKEN" tattoo he has on his back. :P

Issue with bolding? atinal? Nevah! hee.

bottle, you know you are just evil. Eeeeeevil. Are you sure you're not the doppelganger of RCA/Clive/Satan? Because if you are, I need some heads exploded and I am willing to point you in the right direction...

I'm trying to picture paté with rhinestones...not doing it for me...I'm clearly gonna have to come up with a new phrase...

waves Hi to everyone here (which changes from minute to minute)

Woke up with headache and bad sore throat and a hysterical dog - so got up, put her out and watched her cable break and see her run. Now after 1.5 hours of chasing her through the town and ending up 2 miles from home (thankfully live in an area where some people put up fenced in pools and leave a gate open - so I can corner her) Now fully awake and exercised, I can join you and sniffle atthe same time.

Don't want to see anything private - I think Clay's surprise for fans is something professional for us. Maybe it is my club tee shirt that I still have not received? Maybe it is another download, or maybe a special video for us or perhaps a chance for meet and greets ate the spring tour. - you knowthe ones the CTers say won't happen until he gets yet another album out there in a couple of months because, god forbid, he has no interest in supportiung this album. Or making money.

I would be fun to have pictures of his dogs, though. I don't think that is too personal. 9even though I am not exactly loving those 4 legged furry things right now). Ot maybe a chance to buy a membership pin - only one to a member - heeeeeeee. That would get some people who don't want to join. Yes, that is what I want him to give us.

I am awaiting the reopning of the store - all I can say is that Clay ordered toooooo many tee-shirts, I have a bunch already - at $5 each, I have some nice night cheap shirts and beach cover ups.

First of all, I forgot to EEEEEEEEEEEEE about the sales numbers. Up 24%? That's a NICE percentage. Go Clay go!

Secondly, if you can stand one more comment about Ripagate, try

"Hollywood Happens," and it seems he must do these every day or so. You don't really need to watch, just listen, and the Clay/Ripa/Rosie thing starts about a minute into it. I think most people here will like the guy's comments. (I've noticed via the comments section of this clip that many Clay fans agree. *g*)

I know what it is! Raleigh's pregnant! She's gonna have puppies! And they're going to be given away via the OFC! *g*

Alas...Raleigh's puppy-making pieces were savagely ripped from her little furry body some time ago; no baby Raleigh's in sight. :P

And I hereby make a huge apology for saying anything mean about ANYbody's chosen method of posting their thoughts. I typed quickly in reaction mostly to nodding my head furiously to WHAT atinol said, after at first almost not finding out what it was! My bad...and I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings...really. :(

Yeay! for more smart people buying ATDW!

Yeay! for Clay talking with what's her name tonight on teevee!

Yeay! for anything he decides to share with us! I'm shamefully DYING to see what his house is like; I mean, if I never see it, I won't need any kind of intervention or anything. I just want to see it for research for my stories, y'all..... ;)

Yeay! for the fact that I'm listening to a burned CD of MCWL and AIW combined in my office and I'm all by myself, so I can play it LOUD! OOOOOOH! There's the glory note in DSIAFCD!

Yeay! for a beautiful, crisp, cold day here in the Bay Area! It's gorgeous...

Now...couchie. I can't believe that about your songs. Last night I told you I'm not an iPod techie at all; I wish I'd been able to advise you. Damn. Please let me know if there are any things---songs---I can help you reload...

And....also, please send out some good vibes for our buddy, Claygasm....some real life things are doing a number on her and her family right now and she could use some positive thoughts streaming her way.

Hey, KAndre! You still reading my post? B)

What do you think - will the 1900 superstores and the 1100 discount stores be selling 500K of all is well or less? Can this Ep go gold?

I'm not sure about that. Did the James Taylor CD that was only sold at Hallmark stores get certified? If it did, I would say that AIW has a shot at becoming gold.

My main question for AIW is if they will go back for a second pressing. I think I'm under the impression that this was a limited run...what the limit was, I don't know. If they've sold so many, could they press more to continue with sales? Or will they limit for this year, and then press again for next year at Christmas?

{{{{{{{{{{{{claygasm}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Good thoughts for you...

And a box of Kleenex to playbiller...

{{{{{{{{{{{{claygasm et al}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Muski, you know it's hard for me...you've got like 9 or 10 whole thoughts in there! I must digest....

Hell, I think Clay's EP'll go gold...I think ATDW will eventually go platinum...I think I will be going to Clay concerts in December and in 2007!