#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

JennaZ, I haven't seen you much lately, but want to let you know I re-watched The Bourne Sumpremacy last night with your boy Matt. I remember when I saw the movie on the big screen, the taxi chase scene made me dizzy. :wacko:

Hi Bottle! Yeah, that chase scene was a doozie.

My in-laws are in town, so I haven't had the chance to check the boards often.

Oooo.... I envy you who already have AIW in your lucky little hands! I'll probably have to wait until next weekend to find AIW. The nearest Wal-Mart to me is in a, shall we say, less prosperous part of town, so I don't think I'll go after work this week (too dark).

BTW: I saw Happy Feet this weekend. The story may be a little cliche (think Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer), but it's cute and funny with great musical sequences. Just the thing to see if you're looking for something lighthearted.

Edited by JennaZ

OK Software - I had been investigating that for quite some time because you send it's get tiresome with it's limits.

- for anything less than 50 MB, I recommend 4shared.com. It uploads pretty quickly and there is unlimited downloads for as long as you want to keep it there. The other nice thing is it allows people to play it at work, if they don't want to download. It is free at that point, but then there are different packages that allow you to increase the upload rate.

I used something a while ago, also unlimited download, fast something. It really uploaded quickly, but was limited to 200MB for the free version. I think that you have to keep changing the ones you use when they become popular and the company adds slow down software, so more free people can share. I will look through my notes and see what I loaded to this fast... whatever it was.

If you want to try out different FTPs - her is an evaluation site.

Pod people are always talking about something, usually things that are of no interest to me. I think the most repulsive thing I saw was someone who claimed that Faye was in cahoots ith RCA to destroy her son because that is what they thought she would do. I think some women would like CLay to reject his mother and adopt them. In their dreams. There are moments when I think you have to back slowly away from the message board when you are that overboard. Today it was just more of the same, the same, the same. It is so tiresome, especially when you are icked out by, well it would be TMI.

I want to party. Thanks for that great Chat last night. I was doing stuff, but still enjoyed it. Chat rooms go too fast for me, so it is so nice to be able to chat on a board without fearing being a post whore.

AIW - I am going to sneak out and get to a ick, ick, ick walmart tomorrow - I know no one will buy for me, so I am on my own. I will comformt myself thinkingthat this isa loss leader, and since I am not buying anything else, so it will be red ink on their book. Now, if it was a border's, I might buy something else, but walmart, not so much. Maybe ther will be a clean up in the aisle, and I may infect ome people, but that is the way it is, the trials and tribulations of a fan.

Edited by playbiller

Kayla is just 14. She has done that website for me and a couple of her own including a whole Clay board she did....all very nice....

Here is a peek at my montage one if you want....if I can post a link for it...

http://www.geocities.com/slyelf5/

WOW...your Kayla has the eye for color, and elegant simplicity. She is a natural!!! your artistry runs in the family....

and Claygasm...wow you had me bawling...that was excellent..the images you chose were moving and your timing was impecable...congratulations!!!

((((Play))) hope you feel better...and I wish I can get it for ya but I don;t know when Canda will get it. I will be in Walmart on Tuesday, but I don't think they will have it then...I hear its on December.

Claygasm, that was a lovely montage - tender and bittersweet. You did a great job. You had a unified concept and you executed it beautifully with a gentle, consistent pacing. You should be very proud. Do any of the people in it belong to you?

Since I haven’t heard AIW yet, I was THARILLLLED to hear MGUCL. GAH! ( I didn't think it came out til Tuesday, so I'm pretty confused why some people already have it.)

Anyway, congratulations. Now you’re sunk, because montage making is addictive. I mean really.

rcknrllmom, your daughter’s site is beautiful. And I’m jealous as hell that you have someplace to store all your montages. I’m looking forward to checking it out in the coming days.

Off to bed. The round trip to Scranton did me in (if I can stop listening to MGUCL)

Oh, and can someone PM me to let me know who the pod people are? :unsure: Feel better Playbiller.

ETA: Found the pop people answer. Thanks.

Edited by dreamlarge

For those of you here who haven't had the good fortune to meet and get to know Claygasm yet, I need to tell you something. I DO know her. She and I have been friends since early in Clay history--Fall of 2003, I believe. She was one of the first people on a message board that I TRIED to meet; that is, just from reading her posts, I knew she was someone I'd like to know better, so I PM'd her and the rest is history.

As I watched this beautiful creation of hers, my eyes were tearing up---yes, it's a touching, wonderful message and a terrific product---but mainly my emotion came from being able to see and hear her in all the choices she made for the elements of the montage. You see, CG is not only NOT 'religious', per se, but she's quite outspoken and opinionated about the role of organized religion in our lives (a truth that has more than once brought down upon her the wrath and indignation of the online righteous!). To say more isn't my place, but watching this and hearing Clay's miraculous spirit in the song, I imagined the love and care and sincerity with which she pieced these images together. And I was reminded of all the times in our friendship that her words or actions personified 'goodness' and 'kindness' and 'love'---certainly qualities that are not owned by any one religion or belief system, although the human race seems relentless in fighting to the death over and over to make that so.

This montage wants to embrace all the wonderful aspects of a season whose essential premise is not one in which she believes. And, along with Clay's special voice, it asks us to find something universal in each of us---some goodness that we all have---and weave it with others', regardless of our differences. The end product would be peace on earth, good will toward men.

My friend, you done good.

Pardon my preaching....it just came out when I watched this.

Edited by muskifest

OH GOSH...you guys are making me tear up so much!!!

what a lovely tribute Muski... And so true ...the spirit of this season goes beyond race, age, religion or any kind of demographics...

sigh

I think it would be great to celebrate that talent this week ...Clay's bday week...

Maybe we should all just post our creations...be it in form of words or images...

so much talent in this fandom...you all inspire me.

* that goes to my good friend couchie too...she knowswhat I mean ;) *

Good Morning all!

I got busy and didnt get back here....

downloading your montage now Claygasm...will watch once I get everyone back to school and work...

I think Kayla has quite the knack for graphics....thanks....she has been doing it for a long time now!

Gotta share one more site she made....she has some of her wallpapers, and icons there...I think under media.....look around! I am in awe and she is MY daughter! wow......

http://www.freewebs.com/aiken_for_more/index.htm

well gotta go get everyone around ....be back later!

Claygasm Congratulations on your first montage. I've really wanted to try to do one but I'm just not that computer saavy. You did a great job.

Ansa The screen caps, WOW, does that take as long to do as it looks like it would? Sometimes I am just amazed at creativity inspiried by the love and admiration of this one young man, he really is one in a million.

Have a great day everyone.

Atinal...actually the hardest thing about screencaping is cutting down the number of caps. I tend to be triger happy with Clay cos I love all his facial expressions...the goofy, serious, flirty and such. that is why you get caps that look almost alike. I hate deleting Clay's face. Heh

the rest of it was autmoatically created through photoshop...the easiest thing about the whole thing.

So I still need to do Megan and R&K...Unicef...and other photogalleries.

We are so lucky with the clack...

Oh my gosh! I woke up this morning with an awful sinus headache and I felt like I was living in a war zone with all the gunfire I heard (I live in the country and its the first day of deer hunting season and I just HATE it...). I was depressed because I had to go to work, and I was running very late (not that that is unusual....). Not a happy camper this morning.

Finally I get a chance to check the boards and reading everyone's kind words about my montage made my day! And such nice things said by two of the best in the business, rcknrllmom and dreamlarge, I am truly humbled.

And my darling friend Muski, you made me cry and you made me speechless - two things that don't happen easily to me. I just love you....

Someone PMed me and asked if they could share the montage on another board. I said sure, so if anyone out there wants to, feel free. I am just touched anyone would want to. It was suggested by this same person I put it up on You Tube. Yikes! I have no clue how to do that. I'll check it out when I get home.

Thanks again, everybody.

Now back to work.... :glare:

Claygasm...Its truly very simple to set it up on you tube. You just register...which is free only an email. Then you upload them and put tags...what terms you want the be highlighted in searches...and its done.

Once you do...I would love to embed it on FCA...now that I know how to do that I think it would be great way to greet the holiday season.

Did y'all know that "Mucho good-o" was super sekrit code meaning that everything sucks? Just read that on the OFC last night. It's supposed to be obvious to anyone with a brain. :blink:

I guess my Pod people paranoia has jumped the shark, because I can only laugh at this. :P

Did y'all know that "Mucho good-o" was super sekrit code meaning that everything sucks? Just read that on the OFC last night. It's supposed to be obvious to anyone with a brain. :blink:

I guess my Pod people paranoia has jumped the shark, because I can only laugh at this. :P

You're kidding, right? I mean, no one can be that paranoid, can they??? :blink:

Ansa, if I can figure out You Tube you can do whatever you want with my montage! What's mine is yours! :D

lol, guess you learn something new every day!

Claygasm youtube is very very easy!

Guess what I am listening to ????????????? All is Well.....Incredible beauty this one!!!

Cool Claygasm...

Is anybody making a B'day montage...that would be great to put up for Clays b'day. if you all hear something about it just let me know.

jmh123...maybe they have a secret pod people language. I suppose many phrases would be code for Clive is F'ing me ..from Clay

oh well...now the focus would be the high sales Daughtry is expected to have...I hear Clive didn't want Clay to rock so that he won't compete with Chris...uh huh...

jmh123...maybe they have a secret pod people language. I suppose many phrases would be code for Clive is F'ing me ..from Clay

I think you nailed it! :lol:

oh well...now the focus would be the high sales Daughtry is expected to have...I hear Clive didn't want Clay to rock so that he won't compete with Chris...uh huh...

Yup, and Clay was dying to rock out, if only he were allowed to. (I think the truth is in the middle--he didn't want to go for Top 40/urban/alt rock but neither did he want to go for all slow ballads. Hot AC was what he had in mind, according to him.)

Funny how I tend to take Clay at his word and listen to what he says. Guess I'm delusional that way.

First of all, I've just gotta say that the PodPeople scare me. They truly do. But I think I need to drink a bunch of Ovaltine in order to figure out their code. [/Christmas Story reference]

Yup, and Clay was dying to rock out, if only he were allowed to. (I think the truth is in the middle--he didn't want to go for Top 40/urban/alt rock but neither did he want to go for all slow ballads. Hot AC was what he had in mind, according to him.)

Yeah, that's my take on what he's said in the past. IMO, most Hot AC tends to have rock influences, but usually with good melodies as well. I don't see why that can't be part of Clay Aiken. OTOH, I do think he likes a good ballad too, and is not afraid to sing them. That's also part of Clay Aiken. What concerns me about the way I see the Pod People is that everything is pretty much "black and white" to them -- "Clay is a rocker! And that's the only thing he can be!" Talk about putting him a box. I personally see Clay as multifaceted person and performer, and I'm willing to go wherever he takes me.

Funny how I tend to take Clay at his word and listen to what he says. Guess I'm delusional that way.

I like delusional. I'm delusional too.

OOOOHH is this where the delusional people who don't read between the lines sign up?

I have still not gotten into the fanclub MB because I have other things to do and because I know people are trying to fly under the radar of the mods that they have wished death wishess on. Too stressful.

Guess since this is the nicest day this week I better go start putting out the decorations.

See you later.

I guess what upsets me at times when some fans keep looking to other artist and envying their radio play and mtv video...is that they fail to appreciate the Clay that is right in front of their eyes. They keep wanting this ideal Clay that may not be the Clay he envisions for himself.

I too love rockin' out Clay...but rocking out does not make him a rocker. I agree with jmh123's view. I see him as being more like John Ondrasik of 5 for fighting or James Blunt. There is a place for him on radio...but that is something for the future. Right now...we have crooner...easy listening...glory noting Clay...and he is breathtaking.

oops time for my daily dose of AIW...helps to immunize me frompod mentality...

I have no skills in montage making, or rather, I've never tried to make one. I'm a bit skeered to do that...might take over my life....

unlike all other things Clay Aiken, donchaknow. :glare: :lol:

Alrighty then! Just took my mom to the dentist 'cuz a tooth broke off her dentures. Lovely, seems her HMO insurance doesn't cover dental unless it's a 'medical emergency' and she's gotten a referral from her primary physician. :blink:

No problem. I mean, the denture repair and dental examination is only going to cost about $350. Loose change, right? :(

Good Lord. And then we got a bill from the hospital that we owe over $500 AFTER her insurance paid toward her knee replacement surgery.

Hey! I have an idea! We can sic the Pod People after her insurance company! Wait Wait! I know! I bet Clive has a good friend in that insurance company and got them to screw my mom over because he knows what an...enthusiastic Clay Fan her daughter is!

Yeah! Yeah! That's the ticket! I broke the code in the insurance claim paperwork! It said, "Ineligible for this procedure" and it really meant, "Clive Davis told us not to pay you 'cuz you love Clay Aiken!"

Damn, I'm smart. :P

aww Muski...sorry about your insurance..oops I mean Clive problems... :D

I like your attitude though...humor usually makes it easier to deal with some problems..

I was reading the CH where GBB was able to clayvert some of the members of the Patch and Kayla (DOOL) board she is on. The main tools was a montage of patch and Kayla with Broken Wings...very smart move. The creativity in this fandom is one of Clay's biggest assets.

So who wants to do a Tyra montage??? hee..

oh another interesting tidbit I read...apparently Howard Stern talked about the ripagate...it seems to me he was tripping over himself explaining how he got involved...from his words it seems like he sees himself to the the instigator that got Kelly in trouble...its clear that in his view Kelly came out of this in a very bad light......GOOD.

Oh dear. The angsting has begun in Pod People land. Seems the HDD numbers are coming in and with the same percentage in (around 23%), DAUGHTRY! has sold about 80K while ATDW had only sold about 50K!

So to relieve the angst they have decided to compare DAUGHTRY!'s numbers to MOAM instead.

Alrighty then. :blink:

Oh dear. The angsting has begun in Pod People land. Seems the HDD numbers are coming in and with the same percentage in (around 23%), DAUGHTRY! has sold about 80K while ATDW had only sold about 50K!

So to relieve the angst they have decided to compare DAUGHTRY!'s numbers to MOAM instead.

Alrighty then. :blink:

YUP...apples and oranges people! Daughtry coming out of AI...Clay coming out of a year and a half of having no new music.

Daughtry... Black Friday sales...ATDW...September sales

Nope no comparison at all.