#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

About the mural, she said each character in the mural represented "a" personality trait, does that mean his personality traits or just personality traits in general?

Hee I guess that is the hot question at the moment.

Apparently they had another little bit on later. Wonder if anyone capped it?

WRAL just had another little story about Clay. Clay showed Lynda his Relly Award for best musical performer and he said, laughing, that he's saving a space for best co-host. LOL. They said there would be more on that story tomorrow morning

From the CH:

WRAL just had another little story about Clay. Clay showed Lynda his Relly Award for best musical performer and he said, laughing, that he's saving a space for best co-host. LOL. They said there would be more on that story tomorrow morning

that is just too cute!!!! I guess he really is not stressing out about this...he is too cool.

hee Claygasm beat me to it.

See, I took it to mean that the mural representing different personality traits IN GENERAL, not his specifically...

but what do I know?

I wanna play with Clay in his game room.

on top of the pool table.

Muski,that's the way I interpreted the "personality traits" thing too. It would be interesting to know what traits are represented.

Edited by atinal

Having a schizo evening...because I'm watching the Tyra clack on the big screen TV while also watching the WRAL clack. Sheesh.

LOVE the game room. I love retro cool things like that. Had to laugh at the Guinness sign there, though -- maybe he got that in Ireland. (And I was in Ireland this past year...we have another connection!) The jukebox is too cool too. Meanwhile, I WANT his kitchen! God, that looks like a gorgeous house. Love everything about it....down to the ottoman. *g*

I'll have to think about the painting more later....

I'm easy.

Oh, hell. That one's too easy...I'll let it go. ;)

I want to visit Clay in his house. I know we'd have so much fun. We could study the mural and talk about how the personality traits do or don't apply to him and/or me. We could put some 45s on the juke box and he could show me how good he is at shagging (heh). We could watch a dvd on his big-assed tv in the family room and make fun of the skinny actresses---tell them to go eat a burger! :lol: I could cook something for him and he could interrupt me by clearing all the bowls and pots and pans from the countertop with one sweep of that long arm and then he could take me right there on the granite...

yeah.

Well, I can't wait any longer for the additional clack.

The wine is wearing off. I need to get to bed while I am still feeling sleepy or I know I won't sleep.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAY!!

And thanks again to everyone for the good thoughts and for making me laugh against my will. I may need a lot more of that in the coming weeks.

I love this place. {{{FCA}}}

Well Clay is now 28...and he gave us a gift. I love the house tour....and am very happy he gets to live in that beautiful place...stupid I know..he is a stranger after all..just a cute little pop star..but I am thrilled...he's home and he just seems so happy.

Happy Birthday Clay!!

Suburban Chicago News:

Clay Aiken to give holiday concert at Genesee Theatre

November 30, 2006

By DAN MORAN DMORAN@SCN1.COM

WAUKEGAN -- A little more than three years ago, Clay Aiken was just another kid with a voice going up against Simon Cowell. Today, having achieved his professional dreams, he is yet another star being stalked by a media helicopter.

On the phone Wednesday morning from his home base in North Carolina, Aiken said he had just conducted a media tour of the house he built nine months ago -- a tour he arranged as a bit of revenge against a local flying news crew.

"It started during this whole Kelly Ripa scandal," he said, referring to the tempest sparked earlier this month when he silenced and then outraged Ripa by placing his hand on her mouth while co-hosting "Live With Regis & Kelly."

"There was a news crew that was kind of rude about it -- they came up and rang my bell (and) flew their helicopter over my house," he said. "I thought, 'How rude is that?' So I called up their competition and invited them to come over to my house for a tour."

Though he laughed as he told the tale, Aiken was asked if he could do without the downside of his quick rise to fame. "Yeah," he said, "but I'm learning how to deal with it."

The "American Idol" star, who celebrates his 28th birthday today, is also learning to pace himself through life on the road. Friday night's appearance at the Genesee Theatre will be the first of 18 shows in 22 days, culminating Dec. 23 in Greensboro, N.C.

How will he pull off singing at the top of his register that often over that period of time? "Don't ask me how, because I've never done it before," he said. "When I did the first 'Idol' tour, we did, I think, 50 shows in about 60 days, so typically you do about five shows a week. This is six shows a week or more."

Adding to the challenge, Aiken said, will be performing at each stop with a local symphony. At the Genesee, he will be working with the FullScore Chamber Orchestra.

"Oh, my gosh, I'm going to tell on myself here, but we won't be doing any rehearsing ahead of time," he said. "We do have the same conductor who travels with us, but we're going to fly by the seat of our pants. (We'll) cross our fingers and hope it goes well."

Aiken then joked that "people will hear that and be like, 'Oh, I can't wait to see that train wreck.'" But he added that he will have the advantage of working with familiar material, having spent the last three Christmas seasons conducting some type of holiday tour.

"The first year, December of '03, I spent quite a bit of time leading into Christmas doing 'jingle jams' and (promotions) for radio stations. That did not feel like Christmas at all," he said. "But the last two years (with the Joyful Noise tours) and with a tour like this, people are in the Christmas spirit and we're doing all Christmas music, so it's kind of exciting.

"What I'm really excited about is that usually you just tour with a band; this is a full orchestra, and we're really going to focus on just the music," he said, adding that he has a tough time nailing down a favorite holiday song. "It's tough because every year it becomes something different. This year, I like 'Merry Christmas With Love' and 'Don't Save It All for Christmas,' which I close the show with. And then 'Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel' is probably my favorite standard."

:00003653: :04: :partytime:

Happy Birthday Clay!

Hope I used your favorite color there.... :P

Thank you Clay for everything. There's been some smiles, some laughter, some tears, some anger, and a whole lot a love coming from me this past year. I truly appreciate all you bring to my life, and I feel I've learned a lot about myself because of you. My wish for you is simple -- joy. Have a wonderful birthday, and I love you so very much.

Just saw the second portion of the WRAL clip, with the Relly award. He sure knows how to make fun of himself, and I think I like that. As for that ottoman -- I think it's actually Raleigh's bed. I bet Raleigh loves that fringe actually! And finally -- gah! Grand piano! Gah! Wonder if he's continued with playing!!!

Can anyone tell me what the logo on his sweatshirt says? I can see "Clay Aiken" and the CA logo, but can't read the rest of it. Could it be new merchandise for the Christmas season?

Please continue to pray for good weather. The system must be moving slower than we originally thought -- it just continued to rain overnight, but it's supposed to turn to ice today, and then 6 to 12 inches of snow possible overnight. The winter weather advisory cancels at noon tomorrow....just as I was planning to leave. I'm nervous....

ldyjocelyn and anyone else traveling to the concert - Safe Travels!!!

I'm a little concerned about the featured performer getting there safely and on time, too. No rehearsal? Really? :blink: Ah, well, as he says, it's the same music he's been performing the last couple of years. Maybe the Random Lyric Generator has had a chance to get rusty from lack of use so far in 2006.

Edited by bottlecap

ldyjocelyn and anyone else traveling to the concert - Safe Travels!!!

I'm a little concerned about the featured performer getting there safely and on time, too. No rehearsal? Really? :blink: Ah, well, as he says, it's the same music he's been performing the last couple of years. Maybe the Random Lyric Generator has had a chance to get rusty from lack of use so far in 2006.

I think what he means is no days of rehearsals with the orchestras...which is understandable since he will be using different ones. I do believe the orchestras would be rehearsing on their own and with Jesse and then they would require at least a run though and/or a dress rehearsal before the show with everybody there. Since he is singing solo without any back up...he can prepare for is as much as he feels he needs. I think he takes pride in making it all seem so effortless in his part. But I bet he does a lot of preparation...just does not want people to know how he does it. :D

Safe travels to all - I was at work at 7 this morning - it was around 74 degrees - by 9 this morning it's supposed to be 34 degrees - it was in the 80's yesterday - living in Texas is so freakin' interesting...

KAndre smiles happily and pulls out a white silk sheath covered in rhinestones (yes, just like Marilyn's when she sang for JFK) and breathily says...

:wub:

Happy birthday, Stud!

(and great singer and philantrophist and ambassador and committee and all around nice guy)

:wub:

"There was a news crew that was kind of rude about it -- they came up and rang my bell (and) flew their helicopter over my house," he said. "I thought, 'How rude is that?' So I called up their competition and invited them to come over to my house for a tour."

Oh, he's so bad. Why do I love this.

I think the fact that Lynda is an enormous fangirl (literally, too - how tall is that chick?) might have played a part in that decision, also. I kinda dig how Clay has developed his "Go To" media contacts, like WRAL, Kimmel, and Sawyer. If Roger W. has done nothing else worthwhile for Clay (*snort*), other hooking him up with The Insider people, I think he has earned his keep.

Actually, I'm a bit concerned about that too...he may have flight delays into Chicago. Wonder when he's arriving?

As for the no rehearsal thing, I'm with Ansa. He probably knows this music backwards and forwards (except for the lyrics *g*). I'm also guessing that Jesse Vargas may arrive early to work with the symphonies, to give them a feel for what working with Clay will be like.

Safe travels to all - I was at work at 7 this morning - it was around 74 degrees - by 9 this morning it's supposed to be 34 degrees - it was in the 80's yesterday - living in Texas is so freakin' interesting...

I thought these kinds of things only happened in the midwest?

Oh, he's so bad. Why do I love this.

Because it's a subtle FU (subtle for Clay, that is). I love it too, and this actually makes me more accepting of him letting "us" into his house.

I think the fact that Lynda is an enormous fangirl (literally, too - how tall is that chick?) might have played a part in that decision, also. I kinda dig how Clay has developed his "Go To" media contacts, like WRAL, Kimmel, and Sawyer. If Roger W. has done nothing else worthwhile for Clay (*snort*), other hooking him up with The Insider people, I think he has earned his keep.

ITA. I'd probably also add Larry King to that list, as much as some probably don't like that. But yeah, Roger (and Clay) have done well in not burning bridges with some important contacts. Good for them.

It's funny, but I agree that Clay is building his fan of the media people and teaching others a lesson that they can't really hold against him. It seems taht Regis has no problem with CLay, so apparetnly only thoise who have stupid friends don't get the message. - Yes Ripa, I am waiting for you apology to the fans yet - but I won't hold my breath because dumb is dumb.

I think it is so cute that Clay startedthe relationship with WRAL - a fox station, heh by calling them up before he went to Hollywood -

I wish I had the rest of this series of interviews.

Let me know if you want a download as well, although I think all of you have seen this already.