#4-Everything is mucho-good-o

Ansamcw

YAY concert day!!!!

Still worried about epople travelling to the show...

goodluck!!!!

CLay always makes it worthwhile...but make sure y'all are safe!!!

BTW...We need a new Thread Title...

I think we will have a new thread for the first concert so we can connect it to that...

has he said anything cute lately????

Thanks all....

Cant believe I get to see him TOMORROW....I hope! By the time we are heading to Illinois in the morning, I hope it is all cleaned up.

I am glad to hear he made it there okay!

busy day today getting ready to leave at 2 today...we are going part way there.

Have a great trip, and we look forward to hearing your recap when you get back to the boards!

Clay and company made it okay? What a relief.

Safe travels to the other brave souls on the road for this concert.

Anybody got a Star Trek transporter?

I'm up, but I don't have to go to work today. EVERYTHING is shut down here in Peoria. All roads snow covered and hazardous from I 88 north of us (which is one of the toll roads going into Chicago) to I 57 east of us (which is almost Indiana border). There looks to be about 8 inches on the ground right now, but the problem is the wind -- it's snowing AND blowing, so it's pretty much white out conditions. I'm thinking it may have dumped right on us, and is not hitting Chicago as hard. It's supposed to taper off early afternoon, which causes me a dillema. It's a 3 1/2 hour journey according to mapquest on good roads. I really think the latest I can possibly leave is 1:00 p.m., but that sounds doubtful, because I don't think it allows enough time for potential problems.

I'm now officially depressed. I'll keep you all posted.

And reading that someone I know and like from another board was on the flight with Clay and got her to sign her iPod is making me feel even worse for some reason. I think I'll go cry now.

Ah, ldyjocelyn, do what's SAFE!!! Even Clay isn't worth the stress if the roads are snow-covered and the winds are bad.

I just caught up on the flight from Raleigh story by geekette of the CH. Since geekette was the capper who was responsibe for the Clay Nation having access to the house tour Clack, I'm very happy to hear she got her ipod signed by Clay.

oh, ladyjocelyn, I'm sorry....maybe there's still a chance but you still have Merriville in any case, right?

Saw this posted on CH and when I clicked on the link, my face broke out into a huge grin! FINALLY someone in the press uses a current, HAWT picture and has a sense of humor! :lol:

The Daily Herald

We need a new Thread Title...

Hmmm...how about a temporary title for the first show?

"Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

heh...you know :unsure: sung to the tune "Let It Snow"... :blink:

or not... :P

Geekette's story from CH:

eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Clay signed my iPod! He was on my flight! He probably thinks I'm looney! Awww, who cares! Clay signed my iPod! Why did I get that coffee? JiTtErS...

It's all thanks to MrsLoki, who called me this morning and told me to get my butt on a flight today instead of tomorrow morning. So I threw some clothes in a suitcase, changed my flight, and got to the airport early. Too early 'cause the flight was running late. So I grabbed dinner at Maui Taco. Whee. As I walked back the long, empty concourse toward the gate, I almost tripped over my chin as a tall, lanky guy wearing a burberry bucket hat walked across my path toward the Admiral's club. (Note to Clay, the bucket hat ain't no disguise).

I was only 95% sure it was Clay, though, but when I heard reports that he'd dropped into chat and said he was at the airport, that bumped it up to 99%. Yikes! And yes, there he was in first (he came in after everyone else); I was in the front row of coach. He was smiling and laughing with the flight attendants until lights out. When we landed, I screwed up my courage, grabbed my iPod and Sharpie and asked him to sign it. That was tough! I'm sure I sounded like an idiot, but he asked my name and signed along with "Use Your Voice". So cool! Made my freakin' day!

I don't do details...but he was wearing the navy hoodie, and occasionally ran his fingers through his hair. Yes on the rings. I was going down the escalator to baggage claim as he and his entourage rolled a cart out the upstairs - I swear he was wearing sandals of some sort. Nut!

But eeeeeeee!

eta: I forgot to add....everything was very low key, but a couple people in First asked for his autograph, including the flight attendants (one of whom said to me they were going to sing Happy Birthday to him, but he "slept" the whole way). As we landed the FC attendant said over the intercom "We'd like to wish a very happy birthday to our very special guest in 5A". I heard him say "Thank You".

Karma's way of repaying her for being our primary clack supplier from Raleigh...totally cool.

Hmmm...how about a temporary title for the first show?

"Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

heh...you know :unsure: sung to the tune "Let It Snow"... :blink:

oh thats a cool suggestion...if we don;t get any other...that will be it.

so anybody else has a cool title

I can't believe there is a concert tonight. For some reason, this Christmas "tour" hasn't seemed to have the same feel as other tours. Maybe its because its not all a Clay concert. Maybe its because its not a tour with his touring family. Maybe its because I am only going to one concert and I wasn't even involved with any of the ticket buying frenzy.

Maybe its because life sucks for me right now. :glare:

But when I get home tonight I will test out the CV stream and hope that the very high winds they are predicting don't cause me to lose my power, because I know Clay's sweet voice will make me happy.

ldyjocelyn, I am sorry this weather has messed with your plans, but nothing is more important than your safety. After all, this is just one concert. You want to be around for many, many, many more.

Glad to hear Clay arrived safely. Cool for geekette to get her ipod signed. If I had been in her shoes I would never have had the guts to ask him for an autograph. I am such a wimp when it comes to things like that.

And Clay really needs to learn that the bucket hat is more of a brightly lit marquee announcing his appearance than a disguise! :lol:

Yippee stopped at Penneys and got a new outfit.....now I will have something to wear.....cant believe we hit the road in just over 4 hours.......I am not even done packing yet!! yikes.....hope I dont forget anything.......mostly my tickets....

I cant get my CV cellstream to work at all and it is making me mad...I paid the $$$ and never had any trouble before......sigh...

First of all, it looks like I've gotten my question from yesterday answered...

wralhometour1.jpg

Is it so bad that I want one of those hoodies?

Secondly, I'm making peace with not going tonight. I've already told friends that even if it does let up, I'd still have a long stressful drive ahead of me...and my luck I'd fall asleep during the damn concert. Yes, even if it was Clay. :D OTOH, it WOULD be a way for him to notice me....

My dream is that he'll announce at tomorrow's Merrillville show that he's holding a special M&G for those who missed the show last night due to weather. Hey, a girl can hope, right?

Claygasm, I agree with you on the "not feeling like a Christmas show" this year. I think for me it's that the shows are the first two (well, one now), and then I have very little to look forward to one it's over. Plus, missing the "family" is a big part of me -- I was just thinking last night how different DSIAFCD is going to sound without all the group behind him, just an orchestra. That will be VERY exciting for me, actually -- I'll be fascinated by the changes in his sound because of that.

EEEE. I love the geekette story. *sigh* I can just imagine the turmoil in her stomach for the entire trip. *sigh* and then panic sweat when she finally asked for the autograph. *sigh* I'm so happy for her. *sigh* I love that Clay is wearing sandals in a snowstorm. *sigh* And a bucket hat. *sigh* MrsLoki is a most excellent meerkat flusher. Good job. *sigh* I just feel all warm and right inside. *sigh*

He’s got the power y’all. *sigh*

ldyjocelyn I hurt for you. For any other entertainer it would be a no brainer. But see above ^^^ there's just something about him. :wub: Good luck with whatever you decide.

I wonder who all was in the entourage.

eta: I see you've made your decision, Idyjocelyn. Hope you get your wish. :)

Edited by dreamlarge

I cant get my CV cellstream to work at all and it is making me mad...I paid the $$$ and never had any trouble before......sigh...

Oh don't say that! If I can't get it to work I'll freak!

I remember the last time I tried it - for the David Foster Gala I think - I had tons of trouble. I PMed caperkeeper and she helped me out and I got it to work. I saved her PMs - just in case I need them.

And rcknrllmom, have fun and drive safely!

ETA: I want one of those hoodies too! He would make a fortune if he sold them.

ETA - again: I had to laugh at this that I found at Zap2it.com. Its part of an article on DAUGHTRY'S! great opening numbers.

While Daughtry couldn't out-sell Jay-Z, his first week sales were the best for any "American Idol" contestant not to reach the Top Two. "Daughtry" moved nearly 100,000 more copies than the first week of Clay Aiken's "A Thousand Different Ways" earlier this fall. It also nearly equaled the combined total sales of recent releases by former "Idol" winner Ruben Studdard and Daughtry's fellow Season Five contender Kellie Pickler through multiple weeks in release.

The bolded part is what made me laugh. The best first weeks sales for any Idol contestant not to reach the top 2? That seems such a ridiculous designation. It would have sounded better if they had said the best of any non-winner since Clay Aiken's MOAM debuted at #1 selling over 600K the first week. They could have even he had the best first week numbers of any Idol contestant except for Clay's MOAM numbers (I think that's true - isn't it?). That would have sounded pretty impressive.

But to say the best of any Idol contestant who finished out of the top 2 sounds silly - especially since most who finished out of the top 2 don't even release albums.

Oh well, I just thought the wording was funny. Maybe I am just easily amused today! B)

Edited by Claygasm

Oh don't say that! If I can't get it to work I'll freak!

I remember the last time I tried it - for the David Foster Gala I think - I had tons of trouble. I PMed caperkeeper and she helped me out and I got it to work. I saved her PMs - just in case I need them.

And rcknrllmom, have fun and drive safely!

ETA: I want one of those hoodies too! He would make a fortune if he sold them.

Better test it out then...

I have tried for days...nothing.....grrrrr...

what is some of the things she said to do??????

And this is why we need more rail service in this country - safe travelling. (well, until people walk on the rails - Monorail the coutntry! Yes!

Sorry about the traveling. SOmetimes weather just sucks. Today it is miserable and rainy, but warm. Tomorrow it will be cold, very, very cold.

{{{ldyjocelyn}}} How sad for you!

I might've been testing my cellstreams a time or 10 today. OK, fess up. How many of you have, like me, signed up for CH and CV cellstreams just in case one or the other goes out. LOL!

And this is why we need more rail service in this country - safe travelling. (well, until people walk on the rails - Monorail the coutntry! Yes!

WORD to this. I love trains. I had the pleasure of using the Japanese train system for a couple of years--it was so wonderful. Just took the train to DC a couple of weeks ago. Parked a few steps from the station. So much less stress and strain than flying.

Edited by jmh123

CV cellstream - I went into the thread, and clicked on the link again, as the one in my favorites was giving me trouble. It seems to be connecting fine for me, although I'm sure I'll be complusively testing it all day long.

Got mine working finally....grrrrr Elvis medley right now........oh lordy...that voice....picturing those hips...

sigh...

I tested my CV cellstream out this morning, and it worked just fine. I know I shouldn't spoiler myself tonight, since I'm going to Merrillville tomorrow, but I can't help it. I have no willpower.

{{{ldyjocelyn}}} There's always tomorrow!

This CMSU!

From GoodBabyBrush via the Clackhouse via CV:

"And yay for the first day of the "Rehearsing is for Pussies" tour!!!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey! Maybe THAT'S our thread title! :P

and atinal...you sure know how to make my life miserable...Now I have to put All Is Well on repeat for a...few...times to see if I agree with you. :glare: I swear, what I won't do for my FCA pals. ;)

This CMSU!

From GoodBabyBrush via the Clackhouse via CV:

"And yay for the first day of the "Rehearsing is for Pussies" tour!!!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey! Maybe THAT'S our thread title! :P

and atinal...you sure know how to make my life miserable...Now I have to put All Is Well on repeat for a...few...times to see if I agree with you. :glare: I swear, what I won't do for my FCA pals. ;)

Well, you know what they say, misery loves company.

EEEEEE!!!! This is getting exciting!!! I'm happy to see that Clack Goddesses are on-site (or close to it) for tonight. My cellstream works. My electricity is still on, for the time being anyway. I'm on the eastern fringe of the storm, so we got a ton of rain yesterday and overnight, and today we are having some really high winds, with maybe some snow flurries this afternoon. (If the California and southern contingent checks in and talks about being in short-sleeves, there will be smacking done. I'm just saying... <_< )

I think I'm almost as excited to hear about what Clay will be wearing as I am to get the setlist. White or black suit? Tie or no tie? Long jacket? PANTSAVI.png?

Good thing I have the day off - I think I'm gonna take a nap