#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

According to a thread at the Clayboard, the skating thing may be in Las Vegas on Nov. 3rd. Salt appropriately, I guess. Since that date doesn't match up with any of the broadcast dates, I would assume the show is going to be pre-taped for TV. November seems like it would be good - raising awareness about Clay's Christmas Tour and whatnot.

Here is the email that Constantines Girl at the Clayboard received. It doesn't specify which skating event this is, just the date and venue that it will be TENTATIVELY be taped:

TO CLARIFY for those who are questioning it. Here is my orginal EMAIL TO THEM and FROM THEM.

Sent: Thu 3/22/2007 11:52 AM

To: Bockelman, Pete

Subject: Skating Question

Hi,

Any idea where the event with Clay Aiken will be? We would like to attend.

Thanks,

Carol

HERE IS THE RESPONSE

It's tentatively scheduled for November 3rd at Lake Las Vegas in Las Vegas, NV

Pete Bockelman

All pod ful people may want to avoidsome boards - some one wrote a letter to the editor about "Clay being mandated" and now it is being quoted as a news article nd proof. Some people want to believe sooooo much. At least it was removed from CB main thread - I would have jumped onthat sucker so fast.

You have got to be kidding me!!!!WHY would anybody write to the editor now???why???Are they trying to force people's hands...are they that deperate to be right that they would embarrass Clay this way???

is it no wonder many fans are just frustrated with the Pods and want to smack them up the head to give them some sense???

Come one, Ansa whine, whine - I didn't mean perform skating tricks - just maybe show that he does not fall down. I was really quite impressed that he sketed so well. maybe he can do an inclusion skating thingie again after the show.

Oh I did love him singing and skating...and yeah maybe they can do the inclusion skating thing...that will be cool. But I just love watching these skaters...these are some of the best skaters in the world and it would be a pleasure to see them skating to Clay's song.

Ok ...Las Vegas...that sounds like a good show!!! I wonder who he will be paired with. The only one I hope it won't be is Elvis Stojko...sorry Elvis fans, never liked him.

Ticket angst - yup, I have it! I swore I wouldn't and was doing well until the announcement that the Pala presale that may not be a presale but a post sale! I suspect there will be a lot of people who end up with extra tickets. Even though they can't easily be sold because of the will-call thing, if you know someone with extra tickets and its someone you trust, like say someone from your own board, it would be easy enough just to meet up with them at the venue to get the tickets (I'm looking at you, ldyj!)

:allgood:

But it will better once I know I have tickets!

Are you trying to twist my arm or something here? Actually, I was just chatting with Ansa a few minutes ago....and I'm now suddenly leaning heavily toward doing the California three-fer. I may also be talking with HeidiHo about this too. Hmmm....

EEEEEEKKKKKKKK! The thought of committing to this right now scares me to death. But I really really want to hang with people I know and love, like y'all. (Not to say I wouldn't be hanging with people I know and love in the Midwest too, though....)

ETA:

All pod ful people may want to avoidsome boards - some one wrote a letter to the editor about "Clay being mandated" and now it is being quoted as a news article nd proof. Some people want to believe sooooo much. At least it was removed from CB main thread - I would have jumped onthat sucker so fast.

Please tell me you're joking! Someone wrote a letter about Clay being mandated? See this is where I think his fans are actually capable of hurting his career. First off, he only used that term once, but it makes him sound disgruntled when he very well may not be. It could cause problems with RCA especially if he ever WANTS to negotiate with them on a new contract. It can also make him seem like a complainer and other labels may be more hesitant to want to deal with him.

I wish these fans would stay out of his career and let Clay handle that!

Grrrrrrr.

Thank you Claygasm for saying this -- again. :bigemo_harabe_net-24: is how I feel after reading things like what is being said elsewhere. And then I feel like doing this: :109:

Unfortunately for the televised audience, the camera tends to be on the skater more than the singer, since it's the skaters visuals that are complementing the singer's singing.

Yeah, but how much ya' wanna' bet that whatever skater is featured for Clay's singing at whatever place at whatever time---the attendance is gonna be record breaking...

AND our trusty Clackgatherers will, as usual, find a way to bring us back the REAL show----constant video of Clay's hawt gorgeousness as the VOX fills the ice rink. :hubbahubba:

Skater?

What skater?

What would be cool if a pair of clack gatherers could pair up for this. If one could be persuaded to stick with filming the skater, the other with Clay, it would be neat to a side-by-side presentation. I know, hard to convince someone to stick with the skater when Clay is there. Hee. But one of my many favorite pieces of clack really doesn't have Clay in it all that much -- someone filmed Kelly during the last IT show, when he presented her with the flowers. It's so cute to watch her turn around and almost melt when she sees the flowers.

Nope, not shipping. *g*

ETA:

Ok ...Las Vegas...that sounds like a good show!!! I wonder who he will be paired with. The only one I hope it won't be is Elvis Stojko...sorry Elvis fans, never liked him.

*prepares for the catfight between Ansa and luckiest1*

Hee, Amy, don't worry, the televised coverage will follow mainly the skater. And ansa, you are in luck, Elvis has hung up his skates for good. Sad for me, becoss he was my favourite skater, but sadder still for the entertainment world, since he seems to think he can sing. *shudders at the thought*

Nov. 3 in Vegas? Hmmmm....Isn't Vegas a stop for some flights on the way to Denver from Oakland? See, I have to go to Denver Nov. 5 for our big conference.

Always thinkin', donchaknow... :medium-smiley-070:

Hee, Amy, don't worry, the televised coverage will follow mainly the skater. And ansa, you are in luck, Elvis has hung up his skates for good. Sad for me, becoss he was my favourite skater, but sadder still for the entertainment world, since he seems to think he can sing. *shudders at the thought*

BWAH!!! really??? Aww I think I am just bitter cos he got an Olympic medal and Kurt didn't.

Here is the page showing all of last year's events, when they taped, and when they were aired:

http://www.dissonskating.com/our_events/index.htm

Seems as though it was Holiday on Ice that was taped in Vegas and aired on Christmas Day 2006.

Hmmm this sounds like a possibility since it sseems Clay is gettin more well known for his Christmas songs...but not loving the skaters in that show...except for ekatarina, she is such a lovely skater but so sad about her husband dying so young...they were a beautiful pair to watch...

Yep, he recorded a song with some girls from Canadian Idol, and is apparently working on his own album. He also had a part in the musical "Grease". And let's not short change him.......he won two Olympic silver medals. :lol:

I think I may have lost my mind as I am considering flying to Vegas for this..........

Edited by luckiest1

so these are the shows already scheduled...

Disson Skating has already scheduled its 10 shows for the 2007-08 ice skating season, beginning on Saturday, October 27 at 4 p.m. with the Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular. Other shows will air on Sunday, November 11 at 4 p.m. with Kurt Browning's Gotta Skate; Sunday, November 25 at 4 p.m. with Kristi Yamaguchi's Friends & Family; Saturday, December 22 at 4 p.m. with Country On Ice; Sunday, December 23 at 4 p.m. with Wynonna Tribune on Ice.; Tuesday, December 25 at 2:30 p.m. with Holiday Celebration on Ice; Tuesday, January 1 at 3 p.m. with Brian Boitano's Skating Spectacular; Sunday, January 6 at 4 p.m. with Latin on Ice; Sunday, January 13 at 4 p.m . with Skate for the Heart; and Sunday, January 20 at 4 p.m. with Fashion On Ice.

If the tentative taping date is Nov 3...then it can be Kurt's show, Kristis, Brians or the holiday show since the other one is a coutnry show and one with wynonna. I am hoping its Kurt's or Kristi's...but I bet its the holiday show.

hee...sorry, Luckiest...yup he is two time medal winner...but can he really sing???

eta: So luckiest...is this only one show that is taped for TV or do they do several shows in defferent venues of each production.

I haven't heard the song, but I saw a clip from Grease on the news.......I guess he's passable, but don't even get me started on hanging up his skates in favour of singing. Makes me wanna do this :badpc: but not to my PC. :lol:

I would love it to be Kurt's show too but he's not going to tape that in Vegas........

ETA: They tape one show in each city to be aired at a later date. So one Holiday on Ice, one Haloween on Ice, etc.

Edited by luckiest1

What, you don't consider Clay a possibility for Latin on Ice? Are you forgetting "La Vida Loca" already? :hubbahubba:

Yeah someone said it might be the chance for him to sing TOuch...hee

I haven't heard the song, but I saw a clip from Grease on the news.......I guess he's passable, but don't even get me started on hanging up his skates in favour of singing. Makes me wanna do this :badpc: but not to my PC. :lol:

I would love it to be Kurt's show too but he's not going to tape that in Vegas........

ETA: They tape one show in each city to be aired at a later date. So one Holiday on Ice, one Haloween on Ice, etc.

Yeah ...I am thinking maybe Kristi's friends and family...don;t they know each other? SHe lives in Raleigh I think...but its probably Holiday show. Can you tell I am hoping for something like Broken wings...instead of a Christmas song.

Ticket angst - yup, I have it! I swore I wouldn't and was doing well until the announcement that the Pala presale that may not be a presale but a post sale! I suspect there will be a lot of people who end up with extra tickets. Even though they can't easily be sold because of the will-call thing, if you know someone with extra tickets and its someone you trust, like say someone from your own board, it would be easy enough just to meet up with them at the venue to get the tickets (I'm looking at you, ldyj!)

:allgood:

But it will better once I know I have tickets!

Are you trying to twist my arm or something here?

Yup! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

What would be cool if a pair of clack gatherers could pair up for this. If one could be persuaded to stick with filming the skater, the other with Clay, it would be neat to a side-by-side presentation. I know, hard to convince someone to stick with the skater when Clay is there. Hee. But one of my many favorite pieces of clack really doesn't have Clay in it all that much -- someone filmed Kelly during the last IT show, when he presented her with the flowers. It's so cute to watch her turn around and almost melt when she sees the flowers.

Nope, not shipping. *g*

Oh I LOVED that clack of when Clay presented Kelly with the flowers!! It was so sweet!

Nov. 3 in Vegas? Hmmmm....Isn't Vegas a stop for some flights on the way to Denver from Oakland? See, I have to go to Denver Nov. 5 for our big conference.

Always thinkin', donchaknow... :medium-smiley-070:

And if they don't go through Vegas, I bet you can make them go through Vegas!

Hmmm. I've never been to Vegas. November 3rd is a weekend....... (Slaps myself across the face for even thinking of spending more money I don't have!)

Does he wear tight pants? 'Cause that's my only requirement in male skaters...

And in Clay! :hubbahubba:

ETA:

What, you don't consider Clay a possibility for Latin on Ice? Are you forgetting "La Vida Loca" already? :hubbahubba:

Yeah someone said it might be the chance for him to sing TOuch...hee

Oooooooooooooo!!!! YES!!!! But if he's going to sing TOUCH he better let me know because I MUST be there!

Edited by Claygasm

Hey i just noticed...we are in the 70's time to start suggesting thread titles...

ldyjocelyn...do you remember the ones you were going to suggest???

One is from cha cha trusty:

Praise the Clay and pass the cabernet!!

muski also suggested a good one, coming from the blurb for the San Diego show:

The prodigiously talented song stylist

Claygasm suggested this one from muskifest, but I think it would have to be shortened *g*:

My titanium balled, taking his life into his big hands, BLINDingly white-toothed hunka talent and heart and hawtness

So far, that's what I can find to take from this thread....

GUESS WHAT!!!!!

Clay is going on tour in support of ATDW!

Clay Aiken mapping out summer tour

Well, if this article can be believed!

The singer found himself in a somewhat awkward position upon the album's release last September, since he'd already lined up his traditional holiday concert schedule for much of the remainder of the year, which limited his ability to promote the new album.

Aiken will attempt to remedy that with his summer tour, which kicks off July 7 in Dallas. The initial routing, detailed below, shows 13 dates through the months of July and August.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, I tell ya! In support of ATDW, you say?

Well, that should mean a fair number of fans plan on skipping this, right? Good tickets should be easy to come by!