#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Heh.

That pretty much covers it. LOL!

Bout time for the re-release of ATDW with extras, and the second wave of album promotion, eh?

Ooo, extras... I like the sound of that. Wouldn't that be the coolest?

Edited by YSRN

Ah, but "they" are already making excuses on some boards.

This tour CAN'T be in support of ATDW.

No way would he support an album he doesn't even acknowledge.

The person who wrote the LiveDaily piece was just pulling stuff off Clay's website and from other old sources.

Clearly he's not touring in support of ATDW. Sure, he may sing a few songs from it, but no way is he touring in support of it!!

All righty then.

I suppose unless Clay actively hawks the album during the concerts, like mentioning it by name at least once between each and every song, they will consider the tour NOT in support of ATDW - even if 90% of the songs he sings are from it.

I like the fact that this little article/release/whatever does not mention hordes of fans propelling Clay anywhere. For once, the fans are not the story.

Hmmmm.....maybe Clay is the one who put off promotion because he loves Christmas......maybe folks at RCA were busy vilifying Santa Claus!

I suppose unless Clay actively hawks the album during the concerts, like mentioning it by name at least once between each and every song, they will consider the tour NOT in support of ATDW - even if 90% of the songs he sings are from it.

I'm not even sure if that would be enough. I think he'll have to hire Jaime to stand behind him during the entire show with a sign that says "Buy "A Thousand Different Ways" today!" Oh, and he can insert that phrase at least 50 times during each song that he sings during the show -- you know, kind of like "Mr. Subliminal."

Maybe I've convinced myself,

Buy ATDW

I've really been in love...

Buy two copies

Oceans apart

Buy this album now

Day after day...

Give it to all your friends

Egads...I'm so behind.

Couch Tomato wrote:

hey I'm always up for new music so bring on all the originals he did for the last album plus (released by RCA) the originals he's working on now (released by Warner) and the origianal Xmas songs he's working on for his new Christmas album I'll take 7 of each please. One of these has to come true right?

Wonder who he's writing parts for LOL. Clive can play his ghoulish sidekick or Father Time or if it's contemporary, the mean old neighbor man who won't let the kids play in his yard LOL...

Well, if you keep guessing & changing theories, for a year, you are bound to be right, about something, sooner or later. :lol::rolleyes:

Claygasm wrote:

Someone on another board was already freaking because the picture used on the Albany site was from his RCA CD and did that mean he was still with RCA???? **gasps in horror**

Perish the thought! Clay still with RCA? Just because he is on their logo and they did a MySpace for him and he is still featured as an artist on their web site, doesn't mean andang thing. Wake up and smell the coffee. he is a goner already. :lol:

bottlecap wrote:

Isn't about time again to start clutching our pearls and moaning about how Clive / Roger / RCA, et al are preventing Clay from appearing on the Dancing With the Stars results show this season?

OMG. I got a real good visual of that. :cryingwlaughter:

playbiller wrote:

I swear - does no one notice that Clay is still featured on the RCA web site? And the Logo! What planet are these people from? Oh that is right, the planet Delusional. I wonder if they have a super hero there that fails under the RCA vesion of krytonite (Clive's heart)?

I don't feel I have to be respectful of posters who are not respectful to Clay and these people are very insulting to him, painting him as a miserable impotent little boy. (why does this remind me of the tucking Clay into bed threads that so many of them claim to hate?) This isn't a board where I have to respect everyone's opinion is it? I would never post on a political board that did not let me tell people when they were off in lala land - whoops that would be the freeper boards, heh heh. ETRA - the main Freeper baoard is the Free Republic - if they don't like what you write - they just edit your post and change it to either make you look like an idiot or to support thier opinions - I was banned 4 times - must have been to much trouble to edit all the time.

OK, I won't be so mean.

I noticed. Great minds and all I guess. *g*

I sure don't have any respect left for the Pod People, or fans and mods who support them and who support the agenda at The Rice Bowl. They have hurt Clay to the nth degree, and should deserve no sympathy from anybody, really. JMO People judge you by the company you keep, and if posters want to continue keeping company with certain people then they deserve to be shunned by the rest of Clay's fans. Off my soap box.

musifest wrote:

I bet he wears a Santa costume at some point. Oh, please Santa Clay, call me up from the audience and have me sit on your lap and tell you what I want for Christmas! (your lap cool.gif )

I want to sit on his lap and talk about the first thing that pops up. 'Cause if I sit on his lap I'll make sure it does. :getaroom:

djs111 wrote:

Lessee - Spring is a time of renewal, so I think Clay just signed up with RCA for five more CDs.

Or maybe he is telling us that he will be releasing a rocking CD in the spring.

Or maybe this is a veiled warning to turn our clocks and watches ahead one hour so we don't miss any sekrit messages.

If only I could have seen the state of his eyeballs as he was speaking? Sparkly? Whirling like a Dervish? Rolling pretty far back into his head? Bloodshot? Crinkled shut with laughter? Narrowed suspiciously, wary that Clive will catch him communicating with his fans? Did we get this message straight from Clay, or did I hear R2D2 beeping in the background?

I have it from sources I cannot divulge that originally Clay was going to wish us a happy winter, but Clive purposely put that on hold so long that Clay had to substitute spring instead, because spring is one of Clive's favorite seasons.

Pleez don't anyone tell Jerome I have been speculating.

:funny: My seekrit decoder ring says he was telling some fans to go get a life. Stop the speculation and conspiracy theories, long enough to smell the flowers before you lose your teeth and die. Let somebody else have something to say for a change. Or not.......

Ok. Nice Spring video message from Clay. He got a small plug on AI last night with the sign. Whatever it meant it was still getting his name out there to remind all those millions of viewers about him. Maybe they will go look for his ATDW cd. He is going to be on TV in November with a skating show. How mahvelous is that? WooHoo. Santa Claus Clay, just turns me on. I hope I he does consider making the show more funny and not so serious this year. It would be a nice change and I might even change my mind and travel to another Christmas show. Thanks for the heads up about the Nokia venue. I think the presale for it is on TicketMaster the 29th and public the 30th.

I can believe some stupid pod person sent a letter to the editor. I wonder if it was that same stupid pod person who sent an email to her DJ and program director telling them the same thing. That Clive mandated the covers. His fans aren't happy about it. How they released the wrong song for play. While the fans might like it, it was probably over sung for most people. How they only shipped 500,000 cds. You know the song? WTF? Oh yeah. They were so proud of the letter they sent they shared it on the boards for others to read, and possibly do the same thing themselves. I.Could.Not.Believe.What.I.Was.Reading. This kind of stuff is right up there with calling record distributors and accusing them of being in on some conspiracy to sabotage Clay by holding back shipment of cds to the stores. Clay's fans will be the death of his career. I truly believe that. If he doesn't turn over his fanbase soon. Ignorance can only be used for an excuse for so long. Then you need to be held accountable. Gawd I love this place. :pod:

OMG! ldyjocelyn, your subliminal thingie worked! I am struggling from abandoning my job to purchase a couple of copies of ATDW! If he sings it, I'm a goner!

And I think Ticketmaster has moved the Nokie sale dates to:

Onsale Info

Onsale to General Public:

Mon, 04/16/07 10:00 AM CDT

Get a Text Message Reminder

Internet Presale Info

AllAccess:

Start:Fri, 04/13/07 10:00 AM CDT

End:Fri, 04/13/07 10:00 PM CDT

And I think Ticketmaster has moved the Nokie sale dates to:

Heeeeeee.....I read this as "Nookie sale"!!!!

Here is a link to an interesting article about the current state of music and radio and CD sales 'n' other stuff:

/www.huffingtonpost.com/jacob-bernstein/on-the-the-state-of-the-m_b_44038.html

On the the State of the Music Business and the End of Mass Taste

major snipping.....

To oversimplify things just a little, this indicates that the labels have been putting out a steady stream of prepackaged junk in an effort to appease the radio programmers and that consumers have been rejecting it.

interesting article, quite concise

Edited by djs111

GUESS WHAT!!!!!

Clay is going on tour in support of ATDW!

Clay Aiken mapping out summer tour

Well, if this article can be believed!

The singer found himself in a somewhat awkward position upon the album's release last September, since he'd already lined up his traditional holiday concert schedule for much of the remainder of the year, which limited his ability to promote the new album.

Aiken will attempt to remedy that with his summer tour, which kicks off July 7 in Dallas. The initial routing, detailed below, shows 13 dates through the months of July and August.

I had to stop where I was and go hang up clothes from the dryer. I missed this good news. Holy cow. Happy Feet comes to mind. I can't wait to share this info with my OFC buddies.

I knew ATDW was not done yet. I am hoping they have a special deal with Wal-Mart. To re-release it with a couple of new songs added or IYDKMBY & LAA added. Take that you asshats.

idyjocelyn wrote:

Maybe I've convinced myself,

Buy ATDW

I've really been in love...

Buy two copies

Oceans apart

Buy this album now

Day after day...

Give it to all your friends

:bravo:

That whole article was great. Thanks for posting that playbiller. I'm off to go share it. TeeHee

Hey play and bottle...do we have an emoticon with...I KNEW IT!!! or I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

so...some poddie's are saying they just cut and pasted this article...but why would they have the itinerary...why would they even write it if it was not sanctioned by OFC??? or TC??? This looks like something from a press release...maybe not a full Tour press release cos they don;t have the full schedule but you can bet this writer didn't just say...hey I'm bored today why not go to Clay aiken's site and cut and paste stuff and make an article about his touring and simply make all kinds of assumption out of thin air....PUHLEEEZE...the poddies sure are reaching for that one.

HMMM...I was wondering why some poddies were writing to editors all of a sudden...now this tour has been shared with the press...was that a pre-emptive strike....HMMMMM

Seriously...I am quite happy whatever is on that tour....I just wish some fans would wait for what Clay is really goign to do before mapping out his life for him

Clayzorback....pretty good rant...If I were goign to the boards you guys are I probably would constantly have high BP...

SOOO who wants to suggest a thread title commemorating this occasion???

From SecretlyLovesClay at the CH:

For anyone who's interested, looks like Clay WILL have the band with him. My sister is a Taylor Hicks fan (Felix is part of Taylor's band for his tour), and someone posted this on her board.

Quote:

I don’t have an answer, but I did talk to Felix D Kat in Grand Prairie and he said he would be at the Nokia in July with Clay Aiken…… I would love for this to be the officail Taylor Hicks band as they are tight!!

I am assuming he will be at more than just one concert date of Clay's. Of course, he might be the ONLY band member Clay brings along.....but anyway, I thought it was good info!

It's good to starting hearing some news about the band members.

so...some poddie's are saying they just cut and pasted this article...but why would they have the itinerary...why would they even write it if it was not sanctioned by OFC??? or TC??? This looks like something from a press release...maybe not a full Tour press release cos they don;t have the full schedule but you can bet this writer didn't just say...hey I'm bored today why not go to Clay aiken's site and cut and paste stuff and make an article about his touring and simply make all kinds of assumption out of thin air....PUHLEEEZE...the poddies sure are reaching for that one.

Excellent point, Ansamcw. I really think there is a press release floating around somewhere. As much as I love Clay, I don't think journalists are so eager to get a Clay Aiken concert article out there that they'd scrape together information from his web site and fill it in with pure speculation.

FROM THE PUBLIC PAGE AT THE PFC

03/22/07 : Important Info Regarding Pala, Ca Ticket Sales

The public on-sale for Clay Aiken's performance at the Palomar Starlight Theater in Pala, Ca will, in fact, begin at 10 a.m. PDT tomorrow morning (March 23).

Please be advised that an exclusive fan club "post-sale" will begin at 10 a.m. PDT on Monday, March 26. This password protected "post-sale" will give fan club members access to a special allotment of the best tickets available for the Pala, Ca show.

Again, please note that other tickets for this show will be available beginning tomorrow morning, but hundreds of the best tickets are on hold specifically for the fan club members. While we cannot guarantee If you're looking for the best tickets available*, we suggest you wait until Monday, March 26 to participate in the fan club "post-sale".

*All pre-sale tickets are available on a first come, first serve basis.

The part that cracks me up is that they suggest you wait for the post sale! Did they have a clue how many people want to go to this concert???

Edited by Claygasm

I'm back from gorgeous Carmel. I want that to be my happy hunting grounds and all of you can come and visit for future Clayfests there. Maybe we'll get Clay to get on a fake surfboard with the wind blowing behind him and a fake wave movie (see Beach Blanket Bingo) for his next video. Yess! Then let him rip on "Surfin' Safari" and then of course Brian Wilson's gorgeous "God Only Knows". I'd truly love to hear Clayford sing that one.

so what did I miss? I had no internet in The Pine Inn. A tour announcement about ATDW? I hear the shrieks of thousands of poddies committing hara kiri- AyEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I've only read this last page and am howling. Who's going to Cary and the Biltmore? I am! And Philly.

Koolaid, Koolaid, can't wait

Clayaid, Clayaid, tastes great!

Shluurrrp! :allgood:

Can't wait for Saturday to shoot the breeze with my beautiful sisters-in-claw! Wait. That sounds all wrong. WTF- I loves ya all! :hubbahubba:

Off to the chiropractor to fix my verkakteh back.

:fca:

Oh, and the Xmas Magic Show. This will be truly special. Santa suit and lap sittings for sure. Does anyone know how to drive a "stick"? I do! :medium-smiley-070:

The Who in the What now? :scream: I don't envy the choices you California girls have to make tomorrow.

Anybody feel the need to vent your frustrations? I'm willing to lend you a chicken for a little target practice. You can either pretend that it's Clive or Ticketbastard - what ever suits your fancy.

chickens_002.gif

Waves to georgiaclay, who I haven't seen lately. Hope you are doing okay, babe!

Wake UP eHP....apparently Clay loves you and is going to be there on July 6th...its not on the front page of OFC yet but it is listed on the tour page of OFC...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE so you guys have a texas 2fer!!!!

and of course the poddies are figuring this means that the whole article this afternoon was just made up by live daily and didn;t come from TC...sigh...they just won't give up until Clay is on stage singing ATDW songs...

So Clay is coming to Kandre!!!!

You know what. What a great day to be a Clay fan.

First we find out that Clay has the skating show gig. YAY.

Then a nice article about his tour hits the google alerts. Now, maybe it's just me but I'm just happy somebody wrote a very nice article about Clay. No mention of scandals. No mention of the fans. That alone is enough to celebrate. Whether he got it from TC or made it up out of whole cloth it was a fucking nice article. I just really hope that people who are so concerned that he might sing a song from ATDW WAIT until after the first concert to buy their ticket. And Lord help me, don't buy any air tickets if you're going to bitch and moan your way through all of the concerts.

And third, YAY for Felix rumour. I love the band.

See, I don't give a crap what Clay sings. But to go into fits because an article mention ATDW pisses me the hell off. Or maybe I'm just too common to get it.

Life is too short for that crap. I went to the doctor today. Just a regular check up and all my freakin' numbers have gone south. When your doctor sits down to remind you that diabetes is the silent killer, what Clay Aiken sings at a concert is not going to be a thing to raise my blood pressure.

Oh Congrats to the Houston Possee..... if I can't made that concert at least I know there will be graet Clack (kisses to Scarlett) and hopefully a great cellcert (kisses to KAndre). That makes me happy about the first concert. ...can you go sign up for it with Eva please.

And what the heck is this letter to the editor ya'll are talkinga bout.

Clayzorback -- what a grade A rant!!

WHAT? WHAT? July 6th in Houston?

Houston Posse, here I come!

Woo the hell hoo!

Woo Hoo!

Two nights in Houston?

Woo Hoo!

I can go to the one on the 6th! I can!

:laola0: :ura: :trink4: :bier: :748: :me0: :ole0::dancingnana:

Really? There's one on the sixth of July now AND the seventh? Oh, be still my heart! YOu mean, I can go to the FIRST concert of a tour?????~??~?~??~?~?~?~

:rainbowsmile:

BWAH HA HAHA HA!

I was on the phone with all my rowdy friends as soon as the announcement hit the OFC.....

HE LOVES ME BETTER THAN EVERYONE!

Of course, I'm now deaf in one ear when I gave Scarlett the news...

OK, y'all just thought we were gonna party...it's gonna be crazy!

I'm a little excited.

Just a little.

playbiller, when you get a chance, pm me - I've got a message from Scarlett for ya!

Ooooooo muski! Bring bail money.

Now, now, muski. Until a little while ago Dallas was the first concert. They may add more before that.

Or not.

Hmmm. I've never been to Texas. And Southwest has cheap fares from Houston and its only a few days before my birthday..... IF it remains the first concert, I might be VERY tempted....

(Except my tax refund is running out rapidly....)

(I wonder if that West Palm Beach date will remain the last date. REALLY cheap fare between Philly and Florida!)

Hmmm - does the Houston Posse want any company? I have only been to Houston once - when my plane was rerouted, but........

Sorry for the delay ingetting back to Scarlet, spent the night on the phone catching up with way too many different people -

Sorry about your doctor appointment Couchie, mine went very well, or did until I had to go back for a tetnus shot after one of the pound puppies got a little too excited and thought my leg was an enemy dog - luckily I had winter jeans and that mitigated that bite some.

Edited by playbiller