#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

I've just come from the control panel and I want to test out my new avatar!

And also.... I'd like to see if siggies show up. I don't recall seeing anyone have one.

Are they disabled? Just wondering............. (since it isn't showing up - I'll take that as a yes...)

After all the discussions about what pod people are all about, I just want to throw in my 2¢ worth about a couple of things.

I don't visit the OFC message board much, and the last time I posted there was during the "Circle Your Wagons" campaign. I like Clay's blogs and the media section, and that's about all I ever see!

Some posters on some boards, and we all know which ones, just love to pick apart everything Clay says does wears goes sings etc to the point of dissection. I just don't get it!

and finally IMO, Clay probably thinks his career is going just fine, thank you.

And one more finally... I have no time to worry about what other fans are doing to help or hinder his success. I'm too busy enjoying my own little corner of Clay Fandom that I inhabit all by myself!!

I LOVE CLAY AIKEN!

(recently at a bunco game one of the ladies asked me if had pictures of Clay in my bedroom - and the answer is YES! Actually I have pictures of Clay (and the Beatles) all over the house. I also have pictures of my kids and their spouses and other members of the family. My family is used to this already, and I plan to wear a Clay t-shirt to the next bunco game!)

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

sorry if this post seems a bit 'rant-y' - going to bed now!!

Edited by cha cha trusty

Just sending love and hugs to all and can't wait for Saturday. We'll be talking couch- you know where to find me! Vegas was busy and the Beatles show was a disappointment, but "O" was incredible.

I finally got my computer up in my family's "wireless" environment, so I'm way behind. I tried using SIL's, but it kept going Japanese on me. Off to Carmel tomorrow for a few days. I'm still reachable on puter and cell.

My honey made it to Philadelphia on business without his luggage. Had to wear the same sweaty outfit he'd worn on the plane to meetings all day today.

I've missed everything except the bit about Kevin Bacon mentioning Clay on Ellen tomorrow. Hope to d/l that later.

Can't wait for the "Summer of Love 2007 Tour"!!! :allgood: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yeah, it just keeps getting to be same old, same old at times, ya know? The fandom is not a job, it should be a joyful experience.

Jacob, one of the AI recappers at Television Without Pity, had what I think was an excellent rant in his recap of last week's performance show:

Ryan tells us that Diana Ross is powerful, and wants the best for the Idols, but she's not powerful as we are: we're the ones in control. Our votes matter. Keep watching, keep voting, keep talking about the show. All the time. Keep getting rude with people who prefer other Idols, keep repeating the awesomeness of your chosen pony as loudly as possible, keep reviving old idiotic fights from five years ago as though one person's performance quality is comparable to another person's performance, much less our subjective enjoyment of them. Keep going crazy, because that's what this show is designed to do for you.

Heh. I think somebody is a little burned out by the whole thing. I often disagree with Jacob, but I think he's right on in this case.

Hee. I've learned to stay out of the performer threads at TWoP, but I do keep up with the Joe R. and Jacob recaps just for kicks. I'm not really all that enthused by any of the contestants this year, so the digs don't bug me too much.

Anywhoooo... Yeah I don't get them, but whatever. I finally got over being mad about it (and believe me, I was pisssssssed) and now I just roll my eyes. It's not the opinions; it's the lack of room for anyone else's. So, I don't bother anymore.

One word. Clellies. Bwahahaha!, and now I'm done with it!

Today is my grandson's 12th birthday - I was present when he was born, and remember how he looked like a tiny tree frog, splayed out in one of those light chambers that treat jaundice. Now he can stand under the ceiling fan in my kitchen and just casually reach up and change the light bulbs. We will be at Busch Gardens all day today!

DWTS2 - Laila was amazingly graceful, Leeza Gibbons was shockingly wooden, and Billy Ray accomplished exactly what he wanted to - he plugged his new CD. Bergeron laughed about that. I think Laila is this year's Emmit Smith.

On the other hand, if there was a line dancing, Achy Breaky Heart, week, Billy Ray would get all 10's!!!!! Especially in tight jeans.

Ever since I emailed Ruth Eckerd Hall and asked them about Clay (answer was no) I have gotten something in the mail from them almost every day about performers who ARE going to be there. Hand-written name and address. I am starting to feel guilty.

Yesterday's envelope had the glossy booklet, and also some xerox copies of late additions.

I tore into those - I can still remember getting the exact same thing a couple of years ago - the JNT!!!!!! When I saw Clay's name I stopped breathing, wrote a check, and drove to the Post Office to mail it, (took mere nano-seconds!) and then came back and read the fine print! I had to straighten out some stuff - the nicely bewildered box office ladies took my credit card order, and helpfully said they would send my check back when they got it - and I said nah! I know I will be able to sell extras, and I really want the very best tickets I can get. There is nothing like that Clay Ticket Rush!

Edited by djs111

djs...aww what a cute story about your grandosn. Hope y'all have a great celebration for him. I remembered he enjoyed watching JNT05 with you.

WORD about the drug analogy. As I work on the FCA site...I was reliving the first 3 years of this fandom and what a ride that was. I guess when you have had the high of seeing 640K units sold in the first week it is hard to get excited about 230K. When we've seen him get awards and perform on award shows and sing national anthems for nationwide sporting events...its hard to think he is just watching from the sidelines.

BUT that is life...its a wheel or a rollercoaster...sometimes you are up and sometimes you are down. I wouldn't even really call this last year as down. I would say there were a few highs...just not as steep as what we had before. I would like to think that in this relatively down time he is simply gathering momentum and speed for that next climb up. I am sure it is coming but I wonder what form it will take. Will it be another CD of great orginals...will he finally get that hit record we know he has in him? Or will it be in a form of TV show...will he finally get that talk show he is dreaming of?

If he ends up simply having a more sedate roller coaster ride with moderate peaks and valleys...I would love that too...as long as the ride continues and I think the only one that could make that stop is Clay himself.

Bottle...very good point about the AI mentality. I think the reason for the anxiety that has become the breeding ground for pods is this continuing fear that some fans have that has to be the best of all AI or else Clay might get voted off or that he will simply disappear cos his 15 minutes are up ...ain't happening. Clay has passed the threshold for that. He is a legitimate celebrity and star that will create buzz wherever he goes. His talent is undeniable...the big question mark I think is the kind of music he really wants to produce. But I think the industry recognizes his talent. So who cares if Daughtry is currently the darling of AI...who cares if Blake is making a buzz...it no longer affects Clay unless people believe that his only claim to fame is AI.

I also like this:

I personally like this one:

getoveritblinky.gif

I think this fandom has a lot to get over...and its time to move on to better and more exciting things...

Like the concert tour...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

and Kevin on Ellen this morning...hopefully he mentions BAF but if its just in passing or very minor mention...its cool...what's important is to keep BAF in the top six to get the 10K matching funds.

hey last night I had a slight vertigo reaction...I don't think its anywhere near what Clay had but it was a truly bizarre experience when every movement of my head caused the whole room to spin...so I just went to bed early last night. But I did catch a bit of DWTS and I agree Djs...Laila was good...I also enjoyed Billy Ray cos I don't think he was truly taking this seriously...just having fun.

It's times like these that Clack seems more like a drug than ever, for some of these fans it takes more of the drug to satisfy them and the high wears off much quicker than it once did. Then they want to blame the source of their addiction, but have no intention of giving it up.

As soon as the name "clack" was born, I understood it. After a few months in the fandom, I REALLY understood it. In early 2005 I REALLY understood it. In early 2006 I REALLY understood it. The fandom became starved, and instead of enjoying what tidbits did come through, those tidbits were basically chewed up and spit out. Also, as couchie alluded, it seemed that the negative aspects of any appearance overrode the positive. A performance or appearance that was 99% great instead had a focus on that 1% that wasn't, whatever it might have been. My theory is that the negative bloggers "won" in that instance, getting some of the fandom to zero in on the "bad" rather than the "good." (Of course, all those terms -- bad, good, negative, positive -- are totally subjective.)

As for the concerts, I am soooooooooooo looking forward to them. I am curious about his working with the orchestras. I am curious what he will sing - although I would bet my bottom dollar it will be ATDW heavy. And I say YAY to that!

I woke up to my clock radio this morning, with the GooGoo Dolls singing "Iris." Guess what? Heavy orchestration! Maybe Clay will sing a full version of that song. But wait...it's a cover. Hmmm. That won't fit into the "rockin' originals with strings" that will be on tour this summer. Darn it, it's hard to keep the theories straight.

And considering the record label has nothing to do with what he sings in concert, how will the poddies explain that? Could it be that Clay actually likes the album and likes singing those songs????

:lies:

I think I will love hearing their explanations for that! I will love watching them squirm.

Hee! (I know. I am evil - and ain't it fun!)

Heh.

Well, I am going to share the Without You video from the the IT with KLo at Anaheim with a KLo fan who never saw it. Be back later. Just consider it building a little Karma for Clay for the future

Very cool playbiller. It sounds like you're doing some great work over at Idol Forums. As Robert Fulghum said, "Play nice with others." *g*

And also.... I'd like to see if siggies show up. I don't recall seeing anyone have one.

Are they disabled? Just wondering............. (since it isn't showing up - I'll take that as a yes...)

I'll have to check, but I think siggies are set up to be text only. Graphics won't work, I believe. ETA: Yeah, just checked -- no HTML allowed in signatures. But text is fine....

And one more finally... I have no time to worry about what other fans are doing to help or hinder his success. I'm too busy enjoying my own little corner of Clay Fandom that I inhabit all by myself!!

I LOVE CLAY AIKEN!

Another haven of sanity in the Clay Aiken fan world. I really do love what you do there.

(recently at a bunco game one of the ladies asked me if had pictures of Clay in my bedroom - and the answer is YES! Actually I have pictures of Clay (and the Beatles) all over the house. I also have pictures of my kids and their spouses and other members of the family. My family is used to this already, and I plan to wear a Clay t-shirt to the next bunco game!)

I had to draw the line at Clay pictures in my bedroom. Hubby would kill me. *g* But I have no problem wearing my Clay Aiken t-shirts in public.

djs, have fun with your grandson today!

Bottle...very good point about the AI mentality. I think the reason for the anxiety that has become the breeding ground for pods is this continuing fear that some fans have that has to be the best of all AI or else Clay might get voted off or that he will simply disappear cos his 15 minutes are up ...ain't happening. Clay has passed the threshold for that. He is a legitimate celebrity and star that will create buzz wherever he goes. His talent is undeniable...the big question mark I think is the kind of music he really wants to produce. But I think the industry recognizes his talent. So who cares if Daughtry is currently the darling of AI...who cares if Blake is making a buzz...it no longer affects Clay unless people believe that his only claim to fame is AI.

Thank you Ansa. Well said.

found this on CH:

From andee at CV:

Just watched Ellen...no mention of TBAF...still, Kevin Bacon promoted the SixDegree.org website, so it's a good thing. I had forgotten how much fun Ellen's show is, since I don't get to see it very often.

Not surprised since he does ahve to remain neutral and better not mention a specific charity at all...just the whole campaign so people can go to the site and donate to the charity that most makes sense to them...

SO when are those dates coming out..getting impatient here...hee

To switch gears a bit...

have people made their best of xmas06 tour playlist yet?

I see we are only missing ldyjocelyn's recommendation...so here is my gentle nudge in her direction...

anyway...I tried to upload on my ipod some of my choices among the rcommendations...and I noticed that the englewood wav files of SLC was not playing on my ipod...did other people have that problem?

I guess right now I am wondering if we can get some volunteers who are willing to make mp3 versions of these songs. I guess we will be hosting those audio files on FCAM...which we need to work on soon...sigh Clay is almost a full time job...heh.

Fine, fine...I knew this was coming. I'll try to get to it by the end of the week.

Can you tell I have a habit of volunteering to do things, only to not finish them? I'm REALLY bad that way.

But love you all.

Fine, fine...I knew this was coming. I'll try to get to it by the end of the week.

Can you tell I have a habit of volunteering to do things, only to not finish them? I'm REALLY bad that way.

But love you all.

Love ya back :allgood:

Tyra Mail ...Tyra Mail

from CB

Hi Everyone! I was just watching The Tyra Banks Show and she mentioned Clay and showed 2 pictures of him. One with Ruben and another one from American Idol 5.:confstars :wheee :wheee I thought I would let all of you know that. Also Carmen Rasmussen from American Idol 2 is also a judge on Tyra's show today. Have a Great day!

Julie

I guess right now I am wondering if we can get some volunteers who are willing to make mp3 versions of these songs. I guess we will be hosting those audio files on FCAM...which we need to work on soon...sigh Clay is almost a full time job...heh.

I think luckiest1 already made the mp3's and uploaded them to her folder, but I was supposed to clip them. Eeep!

Me too!

Edited by jmh123

Speaking of sharing the joy - someone is busy sharing all the AI2 episodes on several boards through meaguploads and mydatabus - and 300 some fans are either in the process of downloading or have downloaded the episodes already - keeps them from other things - surprisingly a lot of people have only seen the Clay clips and not the whole shows. And someone stole the MP3s from that show from here and is sharing it with all the different fans on IDF and the Clayboard.

Hey, keep them amused and they won't spin silly theories.

That's great playbiller...I know I totally enjoyed our trip down memory lane last year...

oops I don;t think we finished it though...I know Couchie and the other commentators finished rewatching and gave their reaction for every episodes.

for those who wants to relive the moments...

FCA's AI2 revisited

Ok, I just realized that the public sale for Palomar is on THIS FRIDAY!! Its up on the Ticketmaster site.

THIS FRIDAY!!

Where are the rest of those concert dates??

Will there be a presale???

Its Tuesday already, Clay!! Let's get that cute little ass of yours in gear!! We need to make plans!

Ah...ticket angst. I know it well.

Hey couchie! YSRN! Divayenta! I got special dispensation from Carrie to miss her Saturday softball game! (She wasn't particularly ecstatic, but I gained some points by saying that one friend was traveling from a 'far away' California city and one was traveling all the way across the country!). ANd of course, I promised on pain of death and other unpleasan things that I would be at her game tomorrow evening, regardless.

So I'm free all day this Saturday! :04: :09: :bier: :voll: :nana: :big hug:

woohoo for the CA get together... :rainbowsmile:

have fun ladies!!!!

yup couchie just emailed me...I have to make my decision for CA this week cos we need to get tickets...OMG...so I think I will have to committ. Although the high price of the plane ticket is painful...3 shows in CA and getting to finally meet some of the FCAers specially my parner in FCA Couchie...will definitely make it all worthwhile...

Just sad cos I know it won't be possible for all the FCAers to make it...but I hope everyone gets to hook up with some FCAers in their chosen concerts...and we will be able to make that big get together sometime...

Yup, no worries ansa, we are actually working on a little get together prior to the BAF gala next week (OMG I can't believe it's "next" week!) Anyone who plans to be in or near Raleigh and wants to join us, please send me a PM!

Sooooooo....can't be long now until the OFC releases some sales dates and more venues, right? :ready6:

Sooooooo....can't be long now until the OFC releases some sales dates and more venues, right? :ready6:

One can only hope!

I'm getting nervous about Pala. Its been soooooooo long since I had to do this. For the Christmas tour, a friend got me one ticket and I got one from another fan at the last minute for Williamsport. I guess its been since the JNT05 since I've done this.

I wasn't nervous about it until I realized it was THIS Friday when tickets went on sale!

Maybe someone should tell the OFC - you know, in case they want to have a presale.....

I think the message on the OFC about presales indicates that they will do Fan Club presales on as many dates as they are allowed, so it could be that Pala is one they can't do a pre sale for, guess we'll just have to wait and see. Good luck to anyone trying for tickets in this first round. I'm still holding out hope for something in the midwest