#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

I am semi-zen about the California 3-fer. Part of the reason for the semi part is petty and bitchy. Part of it is since I am coming from across the country, I want ALL the shows. Not 2 out of 3. ALL of them! With at least somewhat decent seats.

I think if you aren't too fussy about where you sit, most should get into Pala. Its a lawn! I mean, I bet you could stand nearby for free and still hear and see a little!

Of course, for the petty, bitchy reasons, that is NOT what I want to do..... <_<

However, if the 3-fer ends up being where FCA meets ups, the concerts only become part of the reason to be there. And surely we would be able to score decent seats for at least one show.....

Maybe.

To be honest, if I had the money, I would buy a seat in the first 4 or 5 rows, dead center, to every concert I was attending. Unfortunately, I don't.

Maybe I should start playing the lottery!

And just where is the rest of that schedule, anyway!! **taps foot impatiently**

Oh cool Pala is a lawn..well that eases my mind a bit. I just thought it was some small place that had 2000 seats. I'm not worried. There will be tickets. Join me in my zen-ness Claygasm. Heee. Yeah I am hoping we get more schedule, soon.

I'm not experiencing any stress yet. Still waiting for the remainder of the venues to be posted. pkmiller, I am hoping there might be a tour in Kansas City. He has done several tours there. I will confess this, though. TeeHee....I was sooooo hoping that Nokia was not going to be the first tour venue. I really prefer to see Clay, when he is in his 2nd week of touring. By this time he has most of the bugs worked out, most of the lyrics memorized, and he isn't sick YET.... Yes, I know that sounds so non fan girly. :medium-smiley-070: But it is the truth.

OMG the blame game. Will it never end? :mixed-smiley-011: Here is an idea :lightblub: ban all the POD PEOPLE at the OFC. Oh wait. We know that doesn't work. Momo anyone? I like to refer to her as Sybil and all her multiple new screen names. Oh I mean personalities. :fca: In case anyone here is not in the loop. I, and a few others, are RCA Viral Marketeers Extraordinaire. I am contemplating putting that in my siggie at OFC so everyone will know, including Clay. Trouble is RCA keeps forgetting to send me a paycheck. I don't work for free. :helloogreen:

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY................

Oh cool Pala is a lawn..well that eases my mind a bit. I just thought it was some small place that had 2000 seats. I'm not worried. There will be tickets. Join me in my zen-ness Claygasm. Heee. Yeah I am hoping we get more schedule, soon.

I'm working on it, couchie! I think I just need to get the petty, bitchy part of me under control..... ;)

There is a whole describtion of the Pala site by artquest at the OFC here on the tour thread and it is a lawn. A real lawn!

These are the pictures she posted. They're all clickable.

The first is the Event Lawn as seen from the lobby:

th_136067388-M.jpg

This is the Event Lawn from the 5th floor hotel window:

th_136067423-M.jpg

This is more of the Event Lawn:

th_136067373-M.jpg

And this is the stage area. The stage wasn't set up but they were told its huge and elevated (heh - sort of like Clay..... B) ).

th_136067398-M.jpg

She even said you can see the stage area from some of the rooms!

But I kind of still want to be close......

Ohmmmmmmmm! Ohmmmmmmm! Ohmmmmmm! Must get zen...... Ohmmmmmmm....

Man, I just can't get too excited about these general admission lawn venue dealies. That's what the Columbus site is, and even though it's the closest to me (so far), I just can't psyche myself into really wanting to go there. I need a nice reserved seating indoor air-conditioned venue that I don't have to travel out of town to get to. Is that too much to ask? :P

Hee. I'm watching American Idol Rewind, and Simon just told Kelly Clarkson he thought she never become a diva and forget her fans. And just who was it that was trashing Kelly last year for turning her back on AI? Simon, your predictive powers are a little lacking.

To be honest, if I had the money, I would buy a seat in the first 4 or 5 rows, dead center, to every concert I was attending. Unfortunately, I don't.

Egg-actly!

That's why I pick and choose my shows because I do want those good seats and I have no problem going through a broker to get them, but I'm not rich. Last year I saved my income tax refund for Clay and even then, NYC for the 09/19 GMA and the Regis Show had me going over my budget due to room and board in NYC.

This years income tax is earmarked for two things (heh, not those two things) - new gutters on my house (because mine just fell the freak off!) and my car inspection (10 years old, but it's paid for!). Whatever is left over will be for Clay.

I'm watching AI and you know? Tamyra Gray was really robbed. That girl is mad talented. Unfortunately she just didn't connect with the American Public.

I'm off to make chicken and whole wheat pasta in a pesto sauce. I made it last night and it was so good, I'm making it again tonight.

I'm sorry...I keep opening my mouth and putting my foot in it huh? The problem more than likely isn't you...it could be because I'm only 5'2". BWAH! :giveflowers:

Hee dont worry about it pkmiller...I am lovign your frank style. We are very snarky here and that means we can't take things too personally. Hey I;m 5'2" too. If I go with Couchie...she is tall...I think almost as tall as Clay...so if ldyjocelyn comes too I will be dwarfed for sure. So muski and claygasm how tall are you???

I didn't think the 3fer would be that expensive if we travel as a group and share in gas and hotel expenses. I am looking at an 800 dollar flight ..return...yikes. Please tell me that price will go down cos that wouldn't give me too much shopping money.

Anyway so far my plans I go to SF with my girls and if anybody is driving to San Diego...I hitch a ride with them leaving my girls with my Aunt to have fun with their cousins and shop. I think Couchie is thinking of jsut driving instead of flying then. we just travel to the othrr venues eHp style...just chill and no stress...then take a leisurly drive back up to the BAy area. I will stay in the area for another week spending time with my family.

So will the eHp consider the 3 fer too!!!

So if lots of people will be going to this...then a big FCA group will be good enough insulation from pod radiation....hee.

Bottle...I am actually pretty ecited about the lawn admission. I think of it as a picnic where we can have a blanket and maybe snaCks and wine. I am looking forward to it!!!

SO exciting!!! and its great to see these people delurking and getting excited...

oops my bad....

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!!!!

I'm not experiencing any stress yet. Still waiting for the remainder of the venues to be posted. pkmiller, I am hoping there might be a tour in Kansas City. He has done several tours there. I will confess this, though. TeeHee....I was sooooo hoping that Nokia was not going to be the first tour venue. I really prefer to see Clay, when he is in his 2nd week of touring. By this time he has most of the bugs worked out, most of the lyrics memorized, and he isn't sick YET.... Yes, I know that sounds so non fan girly. :medium-smiley-070: But it is the truth.

OMG the blame game. Will it never end? :mixed-smiley-011: Here is an idea :lightblub: ban all the POD PEOPLE at the OFC. Oh wait. We know that doesn't work. Momo anyone? I like to refer to her as Sybil and all her multiple new screen names. Oh I mean personalities. :fca: In case anyone here is not in the loop. I, and a few others, are RCA Viral Marketeers Extraordinaire. I am contemplating putting that in my siggie at OFC so everyone will know, including Clay. Trouble is RCA keeps forgetting to send me a paycheck. I don't work for free. :helloogreen:

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY................

WORD...I love Clay but I am realistic about him. I think the excitement of first night is discovering the setlist of course. But he is never at his best in opening night. I always feel that its a special night cos the adrenaline is so high...but it also becomes iffy cos there are a lot of room for error and sometimes his voice is stil tight and he does not pace himself too well yet. But then you cannot beat the excitement of going into the show without any idea about whats goign to happen...that is always really special.

hee...boy do I have stories to tell you about that notorious poster...yup I guess if you don;t hate RCA you are for them...excuse meeee????what about just being for Clay and beeliveing he knows what he is doing? What about just thinking RCA is jsut another business who make good and bad decisions???

oh well...how can I get into that Viral marketing action... :medium-smiley-070: :medium-smiley-070: :medium-smiley-070:

I only attended one opening night and I loved it. I thought Clay was great - and, as much as I had problems with heat exhaustion and that venue of the changing show times and lack of actual announcements and of uinfair seating arrangements, I would not trade being there.

Ah well, here isthe problem with the FCA meeting - we are all people of strong independent opinions- that includes our opinions on venues, and unfortunately many of us are people of limited income so choices are limited.

I am not playingthe poor card - just the I am careful with my savings as I have not worked for some time and don't plan to resume (no burger king please!). One of the nice things for me seeing extra concerts in NC is that I get to visit family there and I have a place to stay mostly for free (Ashville exempt) so costs are minimized.

Edited by playbiller

I'm sorry...I keep opening my mouth and putting my foot in it huh? The problem more than likely isn't you...it could be because I'm only 5'2". BWAH! :giveflowers:

Hee dont worry about it pkmiller...I am lovign your frank style. We are very snarky here and that means we can't take things too personally. Hey I;m 5'2" too. If I go with Couchie...she is tall...I think almost as tall as Clay...so if ldyjocelyn comes too I will be dwarfed for sure. So muski and claygasm how tall are you???

I don't think muski would mind me answering for her because we are about the same height and we both say we are 5'9".

This could be a tall group!

It is my dream that we can find one place where all of us can get together, but there is a good chance that won't be possible. All we can do is try and find a place where most can come, considering time and resources. Then perhaps those who cannot attend the big gathering can try and meet up with as many other FCAers as possible at other concerts.

But the California 3-fer sure does sound like fun! :club0: :partytime2: :04: :trink4: :bier: :foto::juul::voll:

California is a big state, that's true...but the three concerts are in a pretty concentrated area---San Diego, Pala and LA are all quite close to each other.

Now Raleigh and Asheville AIN"T that close together! If it were Charlotte and Asheveille, that's another story---those two are about as far as the CA 3-fer, I believe. North Carolina is a big state,too---it just goes sideways instead of up and down...heh.

You're driving, couchie? Lordy...well, depending on how I work my business trips, my flight and rental car might be free, so I'd do that option if possible. If I DO end up mixing business with pleasure, that could mean free hotel rooms in both San Diego and LA...

pah-teh, anyone? :medium-smiley-070: --- If I end up doing a site visit at the Marriott in San Diego, that's only steps away from the concert venue! Hey, ldyjocelyn! Maybe I can get my Chicago Marriot person to call the pastry chef at the San Diego Marriott and place another special order!

Had an 80 min. deep tissue massage today, sandwiched between two 15-minute saunas. Can you spell "n-o-o-d-l-e"? It was heaven but I STILL have big knots in ye olde deltoid region....

As I read the posts about everyone's height or lack there of, it reminds me of my Kettering JBT experience.

Anyone who was there will remember that it rained for this concert, but really the concert itself was great in spite of that. My husband an I met Ethel, he thought she was cool and always asks me since then if she was at the latest concert I attended.

Anyway, I'm about 5 feet tall, and about half way through the concert this guy in front of me was standing up, he was pretty tall, well over 6 feet. But no, it wasn't bad enough that he had to stand and sway back and forth to the music, he had to spread his arms out wide, arms that were covered by his rain parka. It was like someone had hung a curtain in front of us. He was blocking the view of 4 to 6 people for several rows back. I really don't understand how people can be so clueless. Even through that and the rain I loved that concert.

When we got home a day or 2 later I got online and looked for another concert that I could go to, I felt like I had to see it again. I found someone on line selling some tickets to Merrillville, my really only option, and I jumped on it. I'm not sure my husband believed it. That experience was so worth it. I think my seat was about the 6th row, not center but not to far left of it. My view was great, those were my best ever tickets and it was a last minute, spur of the moment decision.

This from Rocky's Mom on CH CMSU! It's so true, though...

Boyfriend should have no worries that we'll ever desert him....if we've seen him looking like that and still want to do him-he's got most of us for life.

BWAH! Count me in with the 'still want to do him' group...he's is indeed an adorkable two strapper.

Another short person checking in - 5 foot 1 inch. Maybe I'm just used to having to look between heads....but I haven't really had any extreme problems with tall people. Or maybe the Aiken fog just made me forget them. :lol:

There no way I'm getting to California for this tour, so if that's where the FCA get together ends up being.....I'll miss ya! But I hope y'all have a great time. :allgood: So far it's just NY-OH 3fer and NC for me.

Edited by luckiest1

As of now we still have 7 venues to wait for and 5 months to plan. Although my first choice right now is Cali, just because it can be melded into a family trip nothing is etched in stone unless I start buying tickets. But I think the best thing we can really do right now is make the best of the venues we have and try to meet up with as many FCAers as possible I see in the Where are you going thread some lurkers are coming out and it would be great set up things that way with smaller FCA meetings.

I would really like to go to NC...but I see that is two concerts in one trip and having no family there...it would just be the concert trip and back...and my frugal nature feels that it won;t be as much return for my money. But if we can find a venue that totally makes sense to most of us and is much cheaper than the my california plane ticket...I can see myself making a short trip for that and just doing something different with my girls.

I see in the Where are you going thread some lurkers are coming out and it would be great set up things that way with smaller FCA meetings.

I went and checked it out. How cool!! I hope some of y'all will post in this thread too. Come dance with us!

:dan1:

Sounds like everyone here is either very tall or very short. Our "class photo" would be very weird looking. I'm shorter than anyone who has posted how short they are.

I don't think there's any way that every single person will be able to make it to the FCA get-together. Those who are planning for CA shouldn't feel bad--it really seems to have just turned out that way, and as ansa said, nothing is final yet. Some of us will see each other at the gala in Raleigh very shortly - eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ansamcw wrote:

WORD...I love Clay but I am realistic about him. I think the excitement of first night is discovering the setlist of course. But he is never at his best in opening night. I always feel that its a special night cos the adrenaline is so high...but it also becomes iffy cos there are a lot of room for error and sometimes his voice is stil tight and he does not pace himself too well yet. But then you cannot beat the excitement of going into the show without any idea about whats goign to happen...that is always really special.

hee...boy do I have stories to tell you about that notorious poster...yup I guess if you don;t hate RCA you are for them...excuse meeee????what about just being for Clay and beeliveing he knows what he is doing? What about just thinking RCA is jsut another business who make good and bad decisions???

oh well...how can I get into that Viral marketing action... medium-smiley-070.gif medium-smiley-070.gif medium-smiley-070.gif

I have never been to an opening night concert with Clay. I know you are right. I can just imagine how exciting it would be to hear the song list, before anyone else. Lots of adrenaline going on I'm sure. I think that applies to Clay as well. I'm sure he is just as excited as the fans are. I think I would still prefer waiting for awhile to go. However, that is not looking like an option this time. So, I might get to actually experience an opening night concert. I enjoy watching all the clack of the opening night.

I have never had an unpleasant experience with other fans. I've never not been able to watch the concert or hear, because of tall fans or signs, or screaming. I have always had a good time. I've never given anyone a hard time or had anyone give me one. I don't look for a lot of standing this time. Or any signs. This type concert usually doesn't lend itself to that kind of behavior. Actually, ducking here, I think I might miss not being able to stand and whoop and holler.

I would love to hear your stories Ansamcw. Maybe you could PM me with some, so we don't derail the party planning. LOL I guess you would have to ask The Pod People how to get on the Viral Marketing list. They sure love to tell anybody that will listen that I am one.

EDITED per jmh123's suggestion. "Cause I like her.

Edited by Clayzorback

My avatar celebrates my so-called status*--cause you know if you don't hate ATDW, you work for You Know Who--but Clayzor, since I kind of started it I'll be the one to say oops--maybe it isn't best to name a lot of names. I don't think we're here to single out individual poddies, and besides, it'll make them feel too important.

*ETA: Although please note that the RCA logo has been replaced by Clay's thing-in-the-thing logo. It's my old WMS "Her Master's Voice" siggie from long ago, with the logo changed to make it clear who my master is.

159897244.jpg

Edited by jmh123

Lurkers, we have lurkers - whee fete004.gif

Wait a minute - just who are these lurkers? Come out, come out where ever you are -

heh, I know what you mean. Clazorback about being called something by someone. Been there, done that, wore the t-shirt.

anyway, I am sorry, I just lurrrved being at the first and then the last concert ofthe JBT - it was stunning and amazing in it's length and completeness and the wonder of Clay wading into the audience and joking about his tight pants when trying to get back on stage.

I think the tall guy in the poncho with hiw arms spread would have pretty much finished me off- it certainly made my issues minor, I actually bent down to see between people, but the poncho - no can do!

I do agree this will be mostly a sitting concert and our wild enthusiasm will be a bit quieted. Still doesn't mean we won't have a slam bang time! AND we know the concert will be longer than many performers - the guy just can't stop singing!

Edited by playbiller

I've never experienced either first OR last concert adrenaline. I was supposed to, for the JNaCT 2006, but damn that snow storm. :angry::angry2: That's why I'm really hoping for another date either the night before or the night after Dallas -- because that series of shows would really work out the best for me. Unfortunately, I'm just not rich enough to get to all the shows I'd truly like to. And I understand people like Shady and Claygasm who want their only show experiences to be good ones, with great seats at least one time during the tour. For me, I'm learning that sometimes, just the experience of being in the room with Clay is worthwhile. His last two tours, I only got to see him once -- neither with upcloseandpersonal seats. But it was still thrilling beyond belief for me.

As for where the FCA gathering is held, I know full well that we'll just not be able to get EVERYONE together. But, whomever is there -- I'm sure drinks will be raised for those missing. :bier: :drinking71:

pkmiller, you certainly didn't offend me. It's just not something I can change, you know? But I do try my best to help others see, if I can.

muski -- yes, see if your contact can make more special pastries!

The concerts themselves -- I'm actually looking forward to some of these lawn seating shows, if I can get to one. Yes, the wait beforehand could be torture, but I'm honestly not expecting a HUGE bunch of teenies trying to get to the front. (Or, if they do...isn't that the desired demographic for the front rows now? :medium-smiley-070: ) Also, the weather could be terrible -- or it could be totally beautiful. I think back to my Illinois State Fair concert, where I had track tickets (standing, open area, in front of the stage). Waited 3 hours in beautiful weather and had a blast. So, I tend to hope that these shows will be like that. I also think it would be cool to just have a blanket, some wine, and some cheese to make the evening quite lovely. Finally, I think there could be lots of families at several of these shows -- it's that kind of atmosphere.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the tour!

Another short person checking in - 5 foot 1 inch. Maybe I'm just used to having to look between heads....but I haven't really had any extreme problems with tall people. Or maybe the Aiken fog just made me forget them. :lol:

I'm LOL. Are the FCA women either tall or short? Anybody around here 5' 5"? Heee. We will make quite the sight. I'm 6'. Really 5' 11 1/2" but I like saying 6'. I try to be cognizant of the people behind me. I don't do the sway thing. And if people in front of me sit, I sit.

Oh LOL JMH noticed the same thing about our heights. Ansa how tall are you...we're going to look like Mutt and Jeff.

Sorry for the pain..but the whole parka story cracked me up. I would have kicked his ass. heee

Clayzorback - if I were you I'd wear my comfortable shoes to the concert. I really can't imagine a sit in your seat concert -- even with a symphony.

Hmmmm JMH had a mod like post. Make note of that. LOL. But really how fun would it be if everybody had mod powers. heee.

Oh I've had a few minor annoyances at concerts but nothing that would ruin the entire experience. In Virginia, there were two drunk as beyotches sitting behind me and they sang through the entire first half of the show. Actually that wasn't a little annoyance..it was a major freakin' annoyance. Finally their drunk butts fell on their asses and spilled their beer all over themselves so they left.

I've never been to a first concert but I love going to last concerts. But I've only been to final concert of NAT, JNT05 and JBT. All were fantastic. You know there will be a few things different and you'll get the longer introductions at the very least. I'd love to go to a first one to get the unfiltered first impression.

Muski, no driving to San Diego..miscommunication.