#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Hee for the first time all these ticket and travelling discussion is somethiing I can really get into cos I am planning to go to some concerts EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But I can only go to one trip so I have to decide on the venue where I can see the most FCAers. That means I have to wait for the rest of the dates.

Th one I would really like to go to is the NC shows but I also want to do the cali3fer...

please just assure me we really don;t need to buy the tickets now...

oh and who is good at finding discount plane tickets...

all this beatles talk is making me want to listen so off to queue up my ipod.

I need to find that love cd...sounds intruguing.

The ticket angst is creeping me out.

<snip>

Half of me wishes all this scheming and advance maneuvering was not even an option and the other half of me wants the best damned seat possible for the least amount of money, damn it! and wants people I don't like so much to get not-so-good seats, 'coss I'm petty that way. :em0100:

I'm being chill so far with the tickets--I've impressed myself. I figure there will be plenty of extras around, and since I'm not all that picky, I should be fine. Of course I'll do Ticket Bastard Tango and the OFC presales, and see what shakes out, but this rush to buy group tickets kind of weirds me out. Course I don't have a lot of extra money to fritter away anymore, so that helps me be reasonable, but I used to get really annoyed with myself for having extra tickets I couldn't sell. Why throw away money like that? So I'm content to let the group sale madness pass me by.

I identify with both these posts so, so much. I can also identify with dreamlarge -- I've gotten "upgrade fever" more than a few times in my years as a Clay Aiken fan. But for the most part, I'm being very, very laid back with this entire process of tickets this time. Why? Mainly because we simply don't have all the facts yet. There are still dates to be announced, and there's time to get in via TB and the OFC for the dates already announced. Sure, I want seats that will get me upclose and personal with Clay (although I'm hoping a M&G will satisfy my cravings for that *g*), but if not -- I've just gotta be chill.

One thing I have discovered with people who buy in the group sales -- they then later buy ANOTHER seat because the original just isn't good enough. It sometimes makes the people who buy in the group and who can't afford to upgrade feel like schmucks.

And what is it with all these people going to show, after show, after show? What concerns me is that I think more than a few are of the pod mentality -- and when the first show setlist turns out to be the entire ATDW album plus a few original songs (as I believe it will), they are going to be un-freakin'-happy. But yet, they will still go to all the shows. I don't understand.

there’s something about that broad shouldered, dog totin’, two strappin’ guy that smolders to me.

I need to start compiling a list of thread titles, because I really, really, really like this. He does smolder, doesn't he? I laugh at those pictures from yesterday, but I think for me it's because I see "regular guy Clay" there -- someone who doesn't really care about the trappings of celebrity when he's flying. I laugh because I'm happy about that.

But divayenta, ain't no way anyone has the right to "forget" to include you on any group sale list you ask to be on. I'd make a stink on your behalf if I knew where to make it. GRRRRR. Anyways, :F_05BL17blowkiss: you are the best person evah, and anyone who doesn't see that can kiss my behind! Pffftttt!!

No kidding! No one should treat ANYONE like that, even if I know it happens on a regular basis. Grrrrrrrrrrr......

BWAH! This is SOOOO perfect for our discussion today...There's a satirical 'newspaper' called "The Onion" printed in San Francisco that is so well done it's hard to know what's real and what's not. Anyway...they have the 'Horoscope" and at first I thought it was one of the 'real' things...

Read this: This is my horoscope (Cancer)

Remember: Only by eliminatings feelings of jealousy and competition can you become as happy and healthy a person as that smug bitch Rebecca.

I don't know about the ticket tango - iof the tickets are going on sale in a week, it is kind of time to decide what we want to do.

However, considering that this will be summer - rooms is important for certain resort areas - Ahem - Ashville is considered to have a ski season and a summer season, many of the hotels get booked up fast in the alternative to the beach and the rooms are usually cancellable without losing money. .

I don't know about the ticket tango - iof the tickets are going on sale in a week, it is kind of time to decide what we want to do.

However, considering that this will be summer - rooms is important for certain resort areas - Ahem - Ashville is considered to have a ski season and a summer season, many of the hotels get booked up fast in the alternative to the beach and the rooms are usually cancellable without losing money. .

Oh, I booked a room for Asheville about 3.5 seconds after the concert was announced. And hey, I'm definitely not looking to put anyone down here, although I do think the haste to organize huge group sales (50, 60 people) is a little strange, since I know some of those people will still be going for the best ticket they can get any way they can get it. But if you can afford mutiple tickets, why not? I've certainly had my share. And I'm counting on those folks to sell me my tickets - LOL. I'm just saying that for me, just between me and me and my relationship with myself, I like me better not buying multiple tickets this time, and trusting that I'll get an OK ticket somewhere, somehow.

I'm not going to decide which concerts to go to by plane until the complete list is out.

muski, I LURVE "The Onion!" But it's actually a nationwide weekly newspaper -- I think they are based out of NYC. Their original homebase was Madison, Wisconsin!

Everyone should check out their satire -- www.theonion.com Their piece de resistance was their issue right after 9/11, it was brilliant. They've also got several books out with their headlines. I think my husband and I have most of them.

As a librarian who is always trying to steer kids (and faculty) away from Wikipedia and on to library resources, this is one of my favorite articles by The Onion ever.

Topic: I think Clay would love The Onion.

play, I've never had a major problem with getting rooms for tours either. Usually, I just beg to sleep on the floor in someone's room, and they let me. *g*

Yep, I'm already booking hotels. Doesn't hurt because they can be cancelled without penalty. But I'm also 99% sure of which concerts I'm going to, already. If there are any other attractive ones in the final 7, it's possible I could change my mind.........but more likely I'll just add one or two to my list. :lol:

Loved that horoscope!

interesting, ldyjocelyn...It is a nationally published periodical, but I just looked at the info inside the publication and it had all the info as San Francisco based---address, contact info, all the staff, etc.. whatever...it's a riot!

Yuck! I just found out that our week-long summer meeting for July 2008 is going to be in Washington, DC! God. I used to work in DC and always felt like someone stuck my head in a ziplock bag whenever I left the office building in the summers....So Clay had better be touring there during the meeting dates! :lightblub:

I'm so excited that so many of you are thinking of coming to Cali! I was planning to go to just the LA concert, but you all are tempting me into considering a 3-fer, too!

Yes, I love The Onion. You can download hysterically funny Onion clips from iTunes, too!

BWAH! This is SOOOO perfect for our discussion today...There's a satirical 'newspaper' called "The Onion" printed in San Francisco that is so well done it's hard to know what's real and what's not. Anyway...they have the 'Horoscope" and at first I thought it was one of the 'real' things...

Read this: This is my horoscope (Cancer)

Remember: Only by eliminatings feelings of jealousy and competition can you become as happy and healthy a person as that smug bitch Rebecca.

Um, that's my horoscope too. Seems waaaaay too relevant! :unsure:

I'm so excited that so many of you are thinking of coming to Cali! I was planning to go to just the LA concert, but you all are tempting me into considering a 3-fer, too!

Yes, I love The Onion. You can download hysterically funny Onion clips from iTunes, too!

Three are alway better than one! :rainbowsmile:

I am driven by a couple of things with these tickets. For Philly I really want the best I can get because if things happen job-wise that prevent me from taking any time off, this is the one show I absolutely KNOW I can go to. And if that is the case, I want my one concert to have the best seats possible. To that end, I have found myself on two group lists - one of which I may not even be able to use - and I am thinking of trying to get into a "friends" thing and then there is always the fanclub presale - if they have one. Thing is, I am too cash poor to buy a half a dozen tickets to the same show! But I want the best seats I can. I hope to have good enough seats to at least one show to be able to get good pictures. I think Philly is my best chance for that.

The other thing that is driving me has to do with that horoscope. Don't ask!

I always start off saying - as long as I'm in the house.... But then I hear how some people are getting 1st row or 4th row or whatever and suddenly wherever my seat is isn't good enough!

Well i'm on that group list now after some bugging. sheesh. How I love you all here. FCA meetup must happen!

"O" was spectacular last night with a huge stage that filled up with water in seconds and than back to dry land again. amazing music, lighting , costumes. I love Cirque du Soleil. tonite the Beatles show and than I'm in CA tomorrow.

Kisses to all the sweethearts here. You're the bestest and sanest. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I just got off the phone with Claygasm...and if I let it, I'll go nuts obsessing about all this ticket shit. Heh. That almost sounds like chicken shit, doesn't it? Which reminds me...

:3:

Hi, bottle!

I just want ALL the dates and places so that we FCA women can plan our unsuspecting city of choice for our gathering! Dang it! :badpc:

Well, I was hoping that the remainder of the tour dates would be posted by now. *sigh*

I am only going to one concert, more than likely, so I'm going for quality. If I can get it. Since there is no danger of me winning a meet and greet from the OFC tickets, I 'm going to use a broker for the first time. I figure front row is like a meet and greet. Especially at the Nokia. I hear you can touch the stage from front row. :hubbahubba:

I hope you all get together in Philly. Congrats on making the list DivaYenta.

I never bought multiple tickets to the same concert. I see a lot of fans who engage in this practice, but it isn't for me. I'm too afraid. :medium-smiley-070: What if you get stuck with all of them? That's like taking a match to your money. I have better things to do with my money than to just throw it away. Like getting to buy more of Clay's merchandise. Or perhaps use it for another concert ticket. I am married to a very frugal man so maybe that is where I get it. It matters not if we can afford things, it's the principal don't you know? HaHaHa

muski you cracked me up talking about your hubby hiking his britches up at the ball games. LOL

I was hoping the rest of the tour dates would have been posted while I was off-line this afternoon, but I see that didn't happen. Although Clique does like to post news on Friday evenings, so maybe they're still pending.

The OFC does confirm Meadowbrook, though:

A Clay Aiken symphony performance has been confirmed for July 25th in Gilford, NH at the Meadowbrook Musical Arts Center! Stay tuned to ClayOnline.com for the latest on upcoming tour dates and ticket pre-sale/on-sale information!

Forgive me my dripping sarcasm here...but...

duh, Team Clay.

Thanks for the freakin' NEWS. We've known about the fuckin' NH concert for days, I believe. Then you announce it like it's some earthshaking news, but it's not even added to your freakin' chart of dates and venues and shit.

Give me a fuckin' break.

It's Friday...that's the end of the week, by the way, to most people who follow such things...Oh? You're going to work Saturday, too? Cool.

Then, Team Clay...I fuckin' aplogize.

<_<

(Ok...I feel a little better....no, actually...that felt DAMNED good! :medium-smiley-070: Now I need a few drinks, though....anybody wanna join me? :bier: :juul::voll::trink4: )

This ticket business can get crazy.

I've bought multiple tickets and ended up giving the remainder to non-Clay friends. It wasn't a total waste, but I did, in the end, feel that I may have spent more than I should have. The money I spent did make me wonder whether I would have been better off with broker tickets.

I've also done the membership thing at the Kodak, which was worth it (second row!), but actually very stressful. Everyone paid, and I actually met some nice people that way, but I had some sleepless nights.

This time, I'm a bit more zen about the whole thing. I'll try my luck with the Fan Club which, according to one report, may actually get better seats than the membership levels at the Greek.

It's been a while since I've seen him in full concert (he didn't go West this Christmas), so I'm grateful for what I can get. Besides, I think just seeing him in such a lovely venue will wonderful. Summer outdoor concerts in California can be a dream. (My fantasy has always been to see him at the Hollywood Bowl, but the Greek is not a bad substitute.)

Forgive me my dripping sarcasm here...but...

duh, Team Clay.

Thanks for the freakin' NEWS. We've known about the fuckin' NH concert for days, I believe. Then you announce it like it's some earthshaking news, but it's not even added to your freakin' chart of dates and venues and shit.

Give me a fuckin' break.

It's Friday...that's the end of the week, by the way, to most people who follow such things...Oh? You're going to work Saturday, too? Cool.

Then, Team Clay...I fuckin' aplogize.

<_<

(Ok...I feel a little better....no, actually...that felt DAMNED good! :medium-smiley-070: Now I need a few drinks, though....anybody wanna join me? :bier: :juul::voll::trink4: )

Hee! I'm always ready for a drink! :voll::juul: :bier:

And the day isn't over in California so there's still time for the big announcement.

Of course, they did say HOPEFULLY by the end of the week.... I think hope is fading fast!!

I promised myself I wouldn't get caught up in this ticket madness, but I am! Bad me!! :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

Now I need a few drinks, though....anybody wanna join me? :bier: :juul::trink4:

Hee! I'm always ready for a drink! :voll::juul: :bier:

Sure!!! It's past 5 here!!

:bier: :juul::voll::trink4:

Praise the Clay-ini and pass the appletinis!

That was weird - the first time I hit Post - I got an error message that I had exceeded the number of emoticons allowed and please remove some! How is this possible!! ?? So, you can have 10, but not 11??

::weird::

Edited by cha cha trusty

Praise the Clay-ini and pass the appletinis!

Bwhaha! I saw this and read it, "Praise the Clay-innie...", you know, like an 'innie' belly button? Then, of course, I thought of the RS cover pic...and the SHADOW....and then, of course, I thought of the Treasure Trail...and then of course, I thought of Tyra exploring that trail...and then...

yikes! Then I felt guilty since I haven't tried to start that lost chapter over again yet. :blink::blush: Oh, hell...whatever! :trink3:

Got an interesting day ahead of me tomorrow. Kenny rented a truck so that we can clean out our garage...will probably take a couple of loads to the dump. However, wedged in between that crappy job is an 80-min. deep tissue massage appt. I made for myself. I actually made the appt. about a week ago, but after this latest laptop fiasco and ticket angst, I'm going to especially appreciate it.

:goaround:

Neonsham1.gif How about a seasonally appropriate brew? greenbeer.gif

=============================================

eta: Well, what do ya know - I just got an e-mail from clayonline that includes the tour dates we know so far. Once again, somebody at Clique must have hit the button right before leaving for the weekend.

eta: Well, what do ya know - I just got an e-mail from clayonline that includes the tour dates we know so far. Once again, somebody at Clique must have hit the button right before leaving for the weekend.

Ah, yes....I'm sooooo glad I signed up for those prescient emails. <_<

Otherwise, I'd be completely clueless, ya know?

Remember that October tour date that someone posted? Seems there is no truth to it.

This was posted in the tour thread at the OFC:

I emailed Tilles regarding the October 2007 date & received the following answer:

Sorry but this is a rumor started by a ticket broker site. I am not aware of Clay

appeaing at Tilles Center any time in the future.

Tara Bongiorno

So much for those who thought this tour was to promote his new album of rocking original songs on his brand new label!