#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Muski - been there and I have tried to politely point out the flaws in "logic" and have been politely dismissed, oddly enough under my new registration name, so I am a stranger to everyone, I have not gotten around to fixing my name yet.

Better to ignore angst Mining-01-june.gif

- it seems to have been born and bred into the fandom and it is not the nicest part of it. I came for the fun and I'll be danged if I give it up.

So far I seem to be winning DJS's game, Hee!

Ah well, I am so slow in polishing up my scandal - I let snow shovelling and cleaning out closets take precidence! Silly me.

KAndre carefully eyes djs' rules, realizes she is just crazy enough to make this work (and no, I won't tell which she is crazy either) and leaps in!

OK, which of my minions can sing? C'mon, speak up, speak up...I need to win since I won't need the boobage implant so everyone can read the t-shirt!

Hey,

Thank you ALL for replying. That's exactly what I thought it meant. No, I'm not one!

I really know what you mean though. Thought I was the only one that felt that way regarding them. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Recognize lots of you from CH. You're absolutely right though, posts and attitudes seem so different from board to board even though they may be the same people. FCA seems to be a lot freerer, not so stiff, if you know what I mean.

Glad to see you posting. Come on over anytime. Stiff we are not (except perhaps in the drunken sense, in some cases). Our boyfriend does have some stiff parts. OK, I'll shut up now. :medium-smiley-070:

Hey,

Thank you ALL for replying. That's exactly what I thought it meant. No, I'm not one!

I really know what you mean though. Thought I was the only one that felt that way regarding them. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Recognize lots of you from CH. You're absolutely right though, posts and attitudes seem so different from board to board even though they may be the same people. FCA seems to be a lot freerer, not so stiff, if you know what I mean.

Glad to see you posting. Come on over anytime. Stiff we are not (except perhaps in the drunken sense, in some cases). Our boyfriend does have some stiff parts. OK, I'll shut up now. :medium-smiley-070:

Heh you stole Muski's line!!!

I added the pod defintion here: http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/i...topic=3&hl=

For the record, I just wanted to be able to enjoy ATDW (and Clay) without being looked at sideways. If Clay sings no songs from this album I will be disappointed because I love it. But here's the thing... even if Clay is about to sing a whole album of rocking new songs with a 42 peice orchestra I will jam and dance up a storm and still walk out of there loving ATDW.

As for DJS new contest. How hard can it be. My neice and nephew just left and they spent an hour jamming to the Naked Brothers Band.How much effort does it take to mesmerize a 4 and 6 year old. heee. I'm sure I can come up with something.

See, I take the pod definition a little further - I limit it mostly to fans who are worshipping/following other fans so much and not thinking for themselves. This leads them to basically call Clay a liar because he won't say what they want him to say. If he says something that feeds thier conspiracy, no matter how Teeny there is a great big THER!!! heard roundthe boards - if he says something like the recod company does not control his blogs - well, you know they do and he just has to lie about it.

Oops, better edit this before KAndre sees it. She likes her minions, she likes them well done.

My philosophy is that Clay is a lot of fun and his blogs are a lot of fun without much seriouslness. I think how rude he must think of his fans with the insulting things they say about him, like he needs our protection and business advice. If our business advice was so good, we would be working in the industry with our own stars to make! I hardly believe Clay would ever hire a fan again from anything and really question those who do!

Let Clay decide who Clay is - what ever happened to we would be happy to hear him sing the phone book or let Clay be Clay? Don't even start on the civilians in his life who did not ask to be famous as his friends and family and fall under all scrutiny! Maybe it is all the years of keeping my own private life private from cookies and from spyware and from invasive survey takers and credit companies.

OOh! I can sing!

ON the way home from IKEA today, I had ATDW blasting and I was singing at the top of my lungs! Kept playing Lonely No MOre (I'm in such lusty love with that song. I want to have its babies.) and LAA and IYDKMBN--over and over...Damn, he sounds fine on those three songs. :hubbahubba:

I'm in lusty love with him, too, by the way.

Ok...garage has gotten all of my time it's gonna get for this weekend. Next Sunday is phase 2. But Saturday ain't. Next Saturday is gonna be Divalicious, babeeeeeee! :F_05BL17blowkiss: (And is YSRN joining us, too? :F_05BL17blowkiss: )

But...couchie! If we go to lunch and that matinee thingy, I have to miss Carrie's softball game....we need to talk.

I have a feeling I'm not gonna be moving too well in the morning. I'm sore today from my deep tissue massage yesterday. And after all this moving furniture and boxes and car seats and trunks and a rented truck full of trash! (how embarrassing)....this ole' big ass ain't thanking me, that's for sure.

Ok...take the dog out for his walk and then sit my tired ass down---still haven't had the beer yet, damn it.

Ah... :fca:

Just stepped in at an old haunt===still a current one, too, actually--although notsomuch anymore. Shit. People just love the angst, don't they? It's not just one board...it's not just Pod People or gnats or...

AAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH! Everybody's got a freakin' 'woe is me' tale. Jeez.

I need to go take another dive into the crap that is my garage....given the last few minutes in message board land, that will be a refreshing dip into calm waters.

I need drugs.

no, make that... :bier:

You made me look!

Sorry I did.

Oh "woe is me" is right!

:herewegoagin:

Seen too much of that on too many boards. Now when I see it, I turn tail and run - back to FCA where we can go :rainbowsmile: and :medium-smiley-070: and :drink: and :trink3: and :bier: and :juul: and :voll:

Now I am going to bed so I can greet another work week with a smile.... NOT!

Glad to hear so many of you are planning to come to Cali! Should be a blast!

Size-wize, I'm a shortie at 4'9".

I am sorry - Clay is coming out with a new rocking album this summer - with no announcement and it is for Warners- even though he is featured on the RCA site, BWAH - let us spell it out for them D - E- L - U - S - I- O - N.

Ha! So true, Playbiller. But then, so many have lost touch with reality so long ago.

Size-wize, I'm a shortie at 4'9".

Omigosh, I might actually have a half an inch or so on you. Wow. I'm not sure how tall I am, depends on the measurer these days, but at least 4' 9 1/2'. Hee!

Glad you're back and posting when you can. :F_05BL17blowkiss: and

Hiya, cha cha trusty!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by jmh123

Hi! New tracks to Rose Radio's playlist have been added. Be sure to listen in Monday for the preview of the new songs. This week's selections will include tracks by Bo Bice, Coldplay, Elliott Yamin, Fantasia, John Legend, Katharine McPhee, Kurt Nilsen, REO Speedwagon, Rob Thomas and The Police. Since the list doesn't quite make a whole hour, I've filled it out with tracks added previously from some independent artists. On Tuesday you can read more about this week's selections on the Rose Radio blog.

Y'all are so funny. So much to respond to but first I just have to tell djs111 how funny this was. My first laugh of the day.

You can also get free breast implants so that this verbiage doesn't wrap around and under your armpits, if necessary.
LMAO over that.

Ok. Let's see how much I remember reading since my last post. jmh123 I edited my post because you are right. We shouldn't name people and give them anymore attention than they deserve.

Count me in as a member of the Clay Diet. I've only lost 10 pounds since January, so I took a break from dieting. I was stalled out and my body was in starvation "protection mode." It was not going to give up another pound. I am going to start a new diet this week. Cut portion sizes and walk. I started tanning yesterday too. Must have a nice bronze face to go with my new thinner body, I'm hoping for. I'm 5'6" That is unless I've shrunk.

playbiller I like your new avatar. I agree with you about Pod People being people who are minions of self professed know it alls, and who can't/won't think for themselves. Common sense doesn't seem to apply to Pod People. I can't wait to hear that D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L new cd this Summer!

I loved couchie's explanation and thanks for posting it. Thanks to jmh123 for coming up with the term. It is perfect and very appropriate.

I watched Simon last night. No Clay mention and I didn't expect or want one from him. He sure is one rich son of a gun. I don't like him much. He is stuck up with a huge ego. Isn't it nice that he is so very impotent to Sony/BMG? I don't like stuck up snobs. That's my reason for not liking him. Has nothing to do with Clay.

muski I hear you about people and all their woes. It is usually always followed by multiple prayer threads! :4:

:pod:

Edited by Clayzorback

:Morning:

I have a feeling I'm not gonna be moving too well in the morning. I'm sore today from my deep tissue massage yesterday. And after all this moving furniture and boxes and car seats and trunks and a rented truck full of trash! (how embarrassing)....this ole' big ass ain't thanking me, that's for sure.

*hands muski a battery powered heating pad to get through the day*

I am sorry - Clay is coming out with a new rocking album this summer - with no announcement and it is for Warners- even though he is featured on the RCA site, BWAH - let us spell it out for them D - E- L - U - S - I- O - N.

:whatever:

It truly makes me sad that so many in the fandom are wishing ATDW away. Have they stopped to actually LISTEN to the album? IMO it's a gorgeous CD. Granted there are songs there that I would have NEVER chosen for him -- and yet, a few of those are songs that I simply love (BYLM is the major one that fits this scenario). More importantly though -- it's Clay SINGING. His voice is magical to me, no matter what he sings. I really thought more in the fandom felt that way, but it seems to me that this is not the case. It does make me wonder where "let Clay be Clay" went to, however.

Count me in as a member of the Clay Diet. I've only lost 10 pounds since January, so I took a break from dieting. I was stalled out and my body was in starvation "protection mode." It was not going to give up another pound. I am going to start a new diet this week. Cut portion sizes and walk. I started tanning yesterday too. Must have a nice bronze face to go with my new thinner body, I'm hoping for. I'm 5'6" That is unless I've shrunk.

My husband and I started an exercise routine last year, and it's part of our schedule now. I think the key is that we motivate each other -- some days I don't feel like going, only to have him coerce me. The reverse happens from time to time too. Anyway, he lost 25 pounds, I lost 15, strictly through exercise. However, in the past few months, I've been creeping back up again -- so I need to start the Clay diet too. If I could lose another 10 I'd be a happy camper.

Maybe we can all motivate each other with this?

I watched Simon last night. No Clay mention and I didn't expect or want one from him. He sure is one rich son of a gun. I don't like him much. He is stuck up with a huge ego. Isn't it nice that he is so very impotent to Sony/BMG? I don't like stuck up snobs. That's my reason for not liking him. Has nothing to do with Clay.

That's pretty much my take too, although I watched last night and totally agreed with some of the stuff he said. He can be very cruel, almost too much so IMO...but then I think about RL and how cruel it can be too, especially to those in the music business. That's where I give Simon some slack -- I think he's probably just as cruel as others in the business. And I agreed with Simon that he's not humiliating a lot of these early bad contestants, they do it to themselves. That's why I never watch the early rounds, because I totally hate to see people embarrass themselves.

I had to delurk to giggle madly at djs.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Poddies... One of the main characteristics I've noticed with poddies is that everything somehow revolves around Clay. If Clive Davis coughs during a press conference about another RCA artist, he's sending a secret message to a paid blogger somewhere to go ahead with the evil assignment being planned against Clay. If someone somewhere on tv makes a joke about an unnamed celebrity, it's probably about Clay. If Clay's CD didn't do as well as one hoped, there's some elaborate conspiracy at work involving RCA, the president, and aliens. If someone on television refers fondly to Chris Daughtry, it's only to cast aspersions on Clay's success, etc, etc, etc. Everything in the world has to do with Clay. The world is out to get Clay. It's an even more bizarre philosophical worldview coming from a few of the fans who used to be so negative about Clay himself. Now, it appears that the negativity has been applied to everyone else surrounding Clay. Weirdness.

It's an inability to just enjoy one's fandom and an inability to separate speculation from fact. And it's one of the things that practically caused me to run screaming and kicking from the fandom. :pod:

Here's my only question. If Clay is changing labels how is he going to release the rockin' album he recorded last year at RCA. If RCA released it why would they not just get what they could for it. Surely they wouldn't promote it other than nominally. Would RCA allow Clay to take his songs from RCA to Warner. And finally, if it's Warner, can he start recording before an official split and when could we expect this album. And I'm off to work.. I guess that's more than one question. heee.

Couchie - you are missing something - he is recording this album for another label RIGHT NOW! He has been seen with SUITS! (I thought the last time I saw him in a suit was the tour, but I guess I am not too observent). He has been seen with people who record for other labels!

His new album must be like stealth - like AIW, except the new label (a small private label that he owns in his richy richness) will be getting him all the promotion he needs or what DJS said in her new contest.

The thing is - Clay knows what is happening and he appears happy, he is in control of his career, as much as any of us that work for a living can be in control. He knows what is going on and he seems happy, what more can fans wish for him. Oh that is right , people who are hung up on him being the bestest idol ever. Well, Clay is my bestest idol, he does not have to be everybody's bestest idol. I am not going to argue people to the ground over Clay - if they are not going to like him, fine, if they are, also fine as long as they let me be a fan without being annoying.

Last year, when I was standing accross the street from the line to meet Clay at the bus, he asked why I was standing away from everyone else (my issue, not on topic) and started to walk towards me before Jerome grabbed him back to go to the line. There is no doubt in my mind that he wants to meet all his fans and that he loves what he does and he wants to keep doing it. I am sure that Clay has some sort of flexible life plan - Everyday with Clay Aiken was up for trademark a long time ago. He really does not need my idesigning a box ofr him, I am just here for the ride and a fine ride it is.

For the record, I just wanted to be able to enjoy ATDW (and Clay) without being looked at sideways. If Clay sings no songs from this album I will be disappointed because I love it. But here's the thing... even if Clay is about to sing a whole album of rocking new songs with a 42 peice orchestra I will jam and dance up a storm and still walk out of there loving ATDW.

I love this attitude. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

playbiller, it depends what specific part of their theory you are trying to debunk. It changes to suit their purpose. Sometimes it's that he doesn't need to record anything new, because he already has the thing sitting on the shelf (because evil Clive hated it). Other times it's brand spanking new and is being recorded RIGHT NOW! :lol: It makes my head spin.

I just feel so out of step with the majority of the fandom right now. Where I want to celebrate and plan and fantasize about how great it will be to hear Clay singing love songs to meeeeeeeeee under the starry skies this summer, the majority are angsting over ticket sales and hypothetical "new" albums and whether the symphony will take up all the time or the band will get a separate set, or getting excited over intrusive paparazzi videos and skeevy made-up "scandals". :huh:

I am just here for the ride and a fine ride it is.
Hrumpf. Well, I'm so very sorry, but you aren't getting MY ride, honey. Clay's MY ride! I put him where he is so he will do MY bidding. If I say he's with a new label, then he is. And if you have some time, I have a few million words with which I can prove that what I say is merely...

THE TRUTH!

Embrace the truth! And it shall set you free!

(from independent thought) <_<

Stayin' home today....Hubby's home too (working from home--I simply just took a sick day, damn it!)...will spend the day finishing the garage and going to the dump!

Man, I know how to live, don't I? :00000442: Of course, assuming we don't break or slip something hopelessly out of its proper place, Mr. Muski and I have a date tonight at the salsa dance class!

:dan1:

Edited by muskifest

Everything in the world has to do with Clay. The world is out to get Clay. It's an even more bizarre philosophical worldview coming from a few of the fans who used to be so negative about Clay himself. Now, it appears that the negativity has been applied to everyone else surrounding Clay. Weirdness.

Word to your whole post, especially this part. This is the one great advantage of the Pod theories--it has kept the heat off Clay.

When did the rumor go from a clean-shaven Clay was seen leaving a recording studio to Clay was seen with "suits" from another label? Did anyone follow that one? And where will it go next?

:allgood:

BWAH!!!

Yesterday, while I was doing the laundry, my dog stole and ate the frozen flounder I was thawing for dinner, even though I thought it was placed well out of her reach (she must be the oldest dog still growing taller!). I am sure that this is the fault of Clive Davis - I am not sure how this hurts Clay, but there must be something to it - I mean it was a bad thing to happen and everything has to do with Clay!

Hello from a very tired cha cha!

We had a massive party on Saturday and things got long - as in into the night - we were heard (and I say heard because it was kinda dark) throwing a keg around the back yard around 2 am. This was after we had tossed the 8-ft post earleir in the day! I called it a 'night' and collapsed around 5 am, and then yesterday we sat in the kitchen and passed and finished off a huge guitar-shaped bottle of wine, and giggled a lot!

TG it's quiet here today!

Checking in on the pods issue, I love ATDW and listen to it almost every day, since it is in my CD/clock/radio/alarm thingie. It starts with Lover All Alone (I lurve that song!!) and cuts off an hour later almost to the end of Broken Wings.

And as for Clay singing the phone book?? Just look what he did with a bunch of candy hearts!!

Did I mention I love Clay Aiken? I can't wait to be in the same room (if you can call an outdoor venue a 'room') with him this summer and let him sing to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I'm in on the diet! I did stomach crunches before I got out of bed today, and I'm trying to cut out carbs and late-night eating. And sadly, chocolate, sniff snurf! (and I'm only 5'2")

djs - please send me a contest entry form - and Kandre - I can sing! (a little) heee! Just a little hoarse today, tho, can we postpone the audition a few days? *G*

Can't wait till July!! I am working on a page for the tour schedule btw, here's a preview of it. (not quite finished yet)

waves to Diva in SF!

The thing is - Clay knows what is happening and he appears happy, he is in control of his career, as much as any of us that work for a living can be in control. He knows what is going on and he seems happy, what more can fans wish for him. Oh that is right , people who are hung up on him being the bestest idol ever. Well, Clay is my bestest idol, he does not have to be everybody's bestest idol. I am not going to argue people to the ground over Clay - if they are not going to like him, fine, if they are, also fine as long as they let me be a fan without being annoying.

You've touched on two issues here, and ITA on both of them. Point number 1, "Clay knows what is happening": well, of course he does. It's his life, and he's living it. Pure and simple, we're NOT. As much as I read practically everything on the man (except for certain blogs and such *g*), I do not KNOW him, nor will I ever. It's not in my job description of "fan." Anything past that oversteps a few boundaries for me personally. This is not to say that speculating isn't a good time, it can be -- but when it becomes fact (such as that rumor jmh mentioned about the recording studio this past weekend), I just tend to shake my head in frustration.

Point number 2, "Clay is the bestest idol ever": everything is relative, and also subjective. I love Clay dearly, but I cannot force feed him to other people. But yet, there a segment of the fanbase that, IMO, truly believes that there is no other for everyone in the entire world. Sorry, it just doesn't happen that way. Again, frustration.

I just feel so out of step with the majority of the fandom right now. Where I want to celebrate and plan and fantasize about how great it will be to hear Clay singing love songs to meeeeeeeeee under the starry skies this summer, the majority are angsting over ticket sales and hypothetical "new" albums and whether the symphony will take up all the time or the band will get a separate set, or getting excited over intrusive paparazzi videos and skeevy made-up "scandals". :huh:

I've felt like this for a few months now....it's just that the intensity has ratcheted up a bit these past few weeks. Maybe that's why my blood pressure was high at the Doctor's office today.

Love this.

Everything in the world has to do with Clay. The world is out to get Clay. It's an even more bizarre philosophical worldview coming from a few of the fans who used to be so negative about Clay himself. Now, it appears that the negativity has been applied to everyone else surrounding Clay. Weirdness.

Word to your whole post, especially this part. This is the one great advantage of the Pod theories--it has kept the heat off Clay.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! [tm Sally] In a way, I see the pod theories as really, truly putting Clay on one of those damn pedestals. He surely cannot do anything wrong, and there must be someone around him to blame when things don't go quite right (and the definition of "quite right" isn't really set in stone either). I personally think that Clay is human -- he'll make mistakes as much as he'll do things right. And what I like about Clay, from what little I've seen, is that he takes responsibility for his actions. He's a straight shooter.

Down, smutters...

We had a massive party on Saturday and things got long - as in into the night - we were heard (and I say heard because it was kinda dark) throwing a keg around the back yard around 2 am. This was after we had tossed the 8-ft post earleir in the day! I called it a 'night' and collapsed around 5 am, and then yesterday we sat in the kitchen and passed and finished off a huge guitar-shaped bottle of wine, and giggled a lot!

TG it's quiet here today!

Oh yeah, she fits in around here REAL good. *g*

Did I mention I love Clay Aiken? I can't wait to be in the same room (if you can call an outdoor venue a 'room') with him this summer and let him sing to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I think this needs to be mentioned at least once per page.