#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

From slg111 at CB

Still in a daze from seeing him. He is just perfection. When he sang that little song, I was so--o-o-o happy to hear that VOICE. I love him more and more and more and more and more and more and more. Wow.

Side note: At one point, the guy that warms everybody up, crazy funny guy -- told us Clay is one of the best guests they have ever had.

Also, Jimmy told us he missed us ("miss having you guys around"...) and the worst nights were the nights after we were there!

Got that right!

NOW, could we PLEASE have a show of JUST Clay and Jimmy????????????????????????????

WTF...heeee I'm just watching the video and no one pointed out that he gave a shout out to Kreativve down at the Slauson swap meet in South Central? heeeeeee That was hilarious to me. Now, I wonder if someone just sent the shirts. but he had the booth number and everything.

Personally I thought the the you're not doing anything but you stopped by with your valentine song was a set up for the bit. I'm still holding out for a tour although I do think they've given up on the album. But I haven't given up on radio. Glad to see it's still moving up, albeit slowly. What day does the new chart hit. I hope it's still there. I'm so happy the album officially sold over the 500K mark. I've been having my ipod on shuffle but yesterday I listened to ATDW almost exclusively for the first time in a bit and I loved it all over again. Back to Kimmel, The teeth didn't bother me so much but they do change his look a bit. Maybe it's something he always wanted to do or maybe they started giving him problems. Either way, cute crooked teeth sometimes need to be fixed. The white part though...heeee that will lessen in time. I'm so happy that he is doing a UNICEF trip in the next couple months. I liked the hair. I really don't think he looked 12 or like Kenny. I just thought he looked more "natural Clayton" if that makes sense.

LdyJ heee that was definitely planned.

When Clay whipped out the microphone, wasn't that kind of a give away? At one point he even forgot to pick up the candy and had to go back for it.

113 spins yesterday - up 1 from yestertay - 6 from last week, but really kind of the same if you take what dropped out. Hanging in there.

Hanging in at R&R 29, down from 28.

Edited by playbiller

When Clay whipped out the microphone, wasn't that kind of a give away? At one point he even forgot to pick up the candy and had to go back for it.

'Yup that was all part of the schtick...pretend he is not prepared then whip out the mic...

but I do think he was really doing the words randomly according to what he picks up. I think he saw the candy and sang the words before picking that up though.

ldyjocelyn, that tooth avi is a hoot. I'll miss the little chiclet teeth, but fixing them is cool too. Maybe he had it done because he has a movie role coming up. HA!

I'm not putting too much stock in Jimmy's "nothing to promote" comment. It went by so quickly that Clay didn't really have a chance to respond to it, and I don't really think it has too much bearing on Clay's future plans. I hope not anyway. [TOURTOURTOURTOUR] Sorry, was I chanting out loud?

SLAUSON - - DAILY[

Slauson Indoor Swap Meet. 1600 W. Slauson Ave. hours: 9am to 4pm. Indoor market with approx 140 dealers. Lots of used merchandise and garage sale items here, new merchandise, crafts, gifts and imports, Snackbar, restrooms,

Yes I'm obsessed. No I never lived in South Central L.A. but close enough!!

I'm not putting too much stock in Jimmy's "nothing to promote" comment. It went by so quickly that Clay didn't really have a chance to respond to it, and I don't really think it has too much bearing on Clay's future plans. I hope not anyway. [TOURTOURTOURTOUR] Sorry, was I chanting out loud?

Heh. You're me, in this instance. It actually looks and sounds to me as if Clay was gonna say something to counter the album/tour comment by Jimmy, but then the bit about the song came up, and the topic passed, with no real chance to comment.

But I still have major hopes for the tour, and if ATD picks up speed on radio (*crosses fingers*), I won't count out ATDW yet (yes, you can call me delusional, I don't mind).

couchie, thanks for the reminder about the shout out to the shirt makers. Again, I could be wrong (as I have been several times this morning *g*), but I would venture a guess that Clay (probably someone in his posse) went out and had those made, rather than gifts from fans. And the way he was talking through that thank you was a scream. Also loved that Gabrielle picked up on that as well.

Maybe we could talk to the dealer and have those shirts be our FCA-MAD fundraiser. *g*

I'm still smiling from this interview. Just wish I could get rid of the headache that came with staying up too late last night. But....

:allgood:

I really wouldn't use anything Jimmy said to extrapolate either...specially about the tour since he said you are not on tour right now...or something like that. My impression is he meant at this very moment. Not that he won't tour the rest fo the year EVER...it was a throw away statement worth a few seconds really that was a setup for a joke...I wouldn;t put too much weight on it...But of course the PODS will heh.

Zombie KAndre reporting in...

Man, it was worth the trip but still just a little odd...it ran so frickin' long with that Barkley segment (I don't particularly care for Barkley because back in the day he snapped at my child when we had floor seats, but that's another story) and the warm-up guy's patter is old (though it was funny that the announcer asked him why he was going through that since he knows we know what to do).

Clay? I admit, my heart missed the flowing hair (someone on the CH said he was getting into romance cover territory and as a connosieur of half naked hunks, I was quite comfortable with that) and the cut makes him look much, much younger - more regular guy that celebrity. I'm shallow - I like celebrity but I'm still cool. The candy to me looked like a total setup - but well done. This may be horrible, but Clay being Clay picked up the candy he threw on the floor for the song thingie, and I think he put them back in the bowl! And gave them to the people in the front row! It's horrible that I think that's funny, isn't it? I liked the interaction between Gabrielle and Clay, but I swear I held my breath as Clay opened those frickin' chocolate covered strawberries. Also, I think Gabrielle just ran across the street to get those gift 'cause Virgin was having a serious sale ($10 CDs) and I thought about getting the Stevie Wonder CD that Gabrielle got Clay...did anyone see which movie she got Clay? All I could tell is that there was a lot of pink on the box.

did anyone get teh whole show. I want to see the other clay interaction that is not on the clack.

Also, FCA is down because it reached bandwidth. Remember somebody was hotlinking to my site and stole most of my month's alottment., I'm on the phone with the shitheads at the ISP right now but they are making my blood boil. I mean they are offereing me a fucking two month credit when all I want is them to turn my site back on right now. The man wasn't listening to me and thankfully we somehow got disconnected and now I'm on the phone with somebody else who seems to see the logic of what I am saying. ANyway we will see. Worst case scenario...FCA will be down today and tomorrow. My billing cycle restarts on the 17th.

Shit, they won't restart the site but gave me a fucking credit. Oh well at least I won't have to pay next month. sheesh. I'm pleased to announce I will soon be leaving them for good and an angel has offered up space for FCA and FCAM at no charge. I thank her and my budget thanks her too. Dang, sorry for the cursing. Nex time I'll just use :onsoapbox:

Zombie KAndre reporting in...

Man, it was worth the trip but still just a little odd...it ran so frickin' long with that Barkley segment (I don't particularly care for Barkley because back in the day he snapped at my child when we had floor seats, but that's another story) and the warm-up guy's patter is old (though it was funny that the announcer asked him why he was going through that since he knows we know what to do).

Clay? I admit, my heart missed the flowing hair (someone on the CH said he was getting into romance cover territory and as a connosieur of half naked hunks, I was quite comfortable with that) and the cut makes him look much, much younger - more regular guy that celebrity. I'm shallow - I like celebrity but I'm still cool. The candy to me looked like a total setup - but well done. This may be horrible, but Clay being Clay picked up the candy he threw on the floor for the song thingie, and I think he put them back in the bowl! And gave them to the people in the front row! It's horrible that I think that's funny, isn't it? I liked the interaction between Gabrielle and Clay, but I swear I held my breath as Clay opened those frickin' chocolate covered strawberries. Also, I think Gabrielle just ran across the street to get those gift 'cause Virgin was having a serious sale ($10 CDs) and I thought about getting the Stevie Wonder CD that Gabrielle got Clay...did anyone see which movie she got Clay? All I could tell is that there was a lot of pink on the box.

I thought I saw a picture of Audrey Hepburn so I thought it might be one of her movies...but ti was such a fleeting glimpse that it could be anything. Is there any clack out yet with all the Clay glimpses?

the candy thing was excellent cos it kinda shut up the people that wanted him to sing...they were able to do that without having to pay for any royalties...you noticed with Tyra he had to make songs up too so she didn't have to pay...and its a funny bit about the fans wanting him to write songs...BWAH. Yeah i miss the long hair but I bet we will have it back by the tour!!! (yeah I am taking the tour for granted...I know its happening sometime this year!!!)

its so funny how some peopel are saying he has gone hollywood when he was at his Clayton dorky self last night...regular guy haircut, dorky shirts, talking about teeth...and broadway singing style...that is Clayton through and through I believe and I totally love him for it.

EEEEEEEEEEEE glad you guys had a good time...too bad about extended Barkley...Oh well...COuchie likes him :rainbowsmile:

Well I don't like him if he was mean to KAndre's child. Hell he always had a problem with no thinking before he spoke or acted. I remember he spit on a child in the stands one time... that's when he finally had to look at himself and say WTF? Now he has this gambling problem and has lost millions of dollars. He still doesn't think he has a problem. Boy needs help before he's broke and in the gutter. He can't keep up with Jordan. I'm sure Jordan has money Charles can only dream about.

Cracking up at the he went Hollywood sentiment for getting his teeth fixed. I mean he probably should have had braces long ago. And he just seemed to uncelb to me last night. Oh well. Hope Muski has recovered from the shock of the hair and teeth. Hugs to her.

I have been out chipping ice to try and get my car out of the garage. Long story, and you would have to see where I live to appreciate it, but what was not plowed is now such thick ice, about 8 inches thick, sitting in a mound right at the garage entrance that my neighbor's large SUV didn't break through until almost the end. Then she got stuck for awhile! I doubt my car would even get over the mound. I don't think the small plow they use on my driveway could even get under the ice!

So the only thing I can do is chip until I reach a clearing - which is about 20 feet worth of chipping. With a plastic snow shovel. I may not get out of here until the temperature gets above freezing. That's bad, because right now I am the only person in my office, so the office is closed.

And I hate chipping ice.

But, the snow glistening in the sunlight was as blinding as Clay's teeth were last night! But hey, they matched his sneakers!

:em0100: And look! We have a blindingly white teeth emotion here!!!

I still have to get used to the Kenny hair. I do mourn the long, thick, shiny locks - you know the body and sheen. *sigh*

But at least its not a mohawk, of even AI5 hair (which I hated, hated, hated!).

It was a strange show last night. Jimmy was not as funny as usual. Even the bit with Clay seemed strange, like they had no clue where to go except for the song bit (which was great!).

And I definitely think the "no CD no tour" comment was meant to mean that Clay wasn't on the show to promote anything but rather just to be on the show.

As to giving up on ATDW, its been 5 months since it was released. I don't think anyone goes on the late night shows - or any show - to actively promote an album that was released 5 months ago. The promotional cycle at that point has run its course - unless its still getting radio play. But as far as promotional TV appearances, its run its course. And the no tour comment meant now - he's not on tour now.

You know, this year in many ways is mimicing 2005. He is not actively promoting anything, but he keeps popping up on various TV shows. He did Kimmel for Valentine's Day in 2005. He even had Kenny hair in 2005! He did UNICEF trips in 2005. And he did a tour that wasn't really meant to boost sales for any album in 2005 AND he started working on a new album in 2005.

So maybe.........

Even if you love and adore ATDW, who among us would argue against new music from Clay?

Guess I better get back to the ice chipping. It is so boring. If I only had an ipod.....

ETA:

She said the movie was Breakfast at Tiffany's I thought....one of her favorites....

Ooooo! Clay and I now have a con.nect.shun!! I have that movie and the cover is indeed pink and its one of my all time favorite movies!

Edited by Claygasm

I admit, I sorta liked the dating thing, mainly because she obeyed the audience and choose Batman. Who seemed to have a large artificial package. And it was amusing that she didn't actually want to hug him.

Clay was much nicer to the musical guest than I would have been because if there had been any way for me to escape, I would have. She really wasn't very good.

And that t-shirt Clay gave Jimmy? That was one of the most horrible renditions of Clay I have ever seen - he looked like a badly drawn minor villian anime character - with little squinty eyes instead of great big ones...

And Mel's put frickin' beans in the chili on the chili cheese fries - Texas chili my ass. And some psychos tried to bogaert their way to the front on the Kimmel line. And a perfectly lovely woman actually pushed psycho bogaert woman back where she belonged. She snuck around the side though. Me 'n muski 'n Scarlett were sort of separated in the studio. Sometime tomorrow I will give y'all a coherent recap but I am now looking for a quadruple shot of expresso....

It was really very regular guy Clay...

I'll always take new from Clay - but I really think the comment was just an odd segue into the candy song thingie....the show really was very odd...

Clay OPENED the chocolate covered strawberries? Was that part of the televised show? Tell more, please!!!!!!

Come back KAndre!!!!!!!!!

As far as the "too white" teeth goes....just give the man some sweet tea. Lots of it. His teeth will be normal color in a week. *g*

I can't get too worked up over him having his teeth fixed. They could have been bothering him for some reason; or he simply didn't like the looks of them. People (non-celebrities) have this done all the time.

It's just simply another change for Clay. These things happen. I mean, really -- the AI5 hair threw most of us for a loop. What happened? I think most of us simply adapted to this change. Same thing with these teeth.

couchie, good luck with :badpc: ISP people.

bottlecap starts searching the ASCAP database for the writing credits on "The Candy Hearts Song"....

BWAH!

Hee!

Courtesy of Clay'sTouch at EAYOR:

sparklechoppers.gif

I just KNEW someone would do that! Love it.

He's got the most adorable grin, to me. He makes me melt.

ETA on the Tonight Show thing -- could be a walk on. Could also be a last minute substitution for a different guest. Who knows....not holding my breath, though.

Hee!

Courtesy of Clay'sTouch at EAYOR:

sparklechoppers.gif

I just KNEW someone would do that! Love it.

He's got the most adorable grin, to me. He makes me melt.

Cracked me up so much I had to make it my avatar - at least for a little while.....