#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

The picture is from MyHeart4Clay from CV and here is her recap:

Hey guys! I was at the SCC concert tonight and I have a picture and a video. Just a warning, they aren't the greatest because we got there really late and ended up having to sit behind the stage because of the concert being general addmission, but hopefully it will hold you off until some better things come out.

Here is the picture (of course it is clickable) and then I will upload the video to youtube in a minute (well actually it has to be megaupload because it is to big for youtube).

I still can't believe he was actually there! You should have seen my friends and I when we heard the MC say "Clay Aiken is in the house tonight." I thought we were all going to have a heart attack. At first I thought they may just be joking around to see what the crowd would do. Thank goodness we were wrong! During SCC's set, we saw him walk into the backstage area. That got us even more excited! He was with a girl who we think was his cousin who was on tour with him this Christmas. Clay was taken to the other side of the stage from all the people who were watching the show from backstage. I said to my friend, "Wouldn't it be cool if Clay sang a duet of All About Love with SCC?" She was like, "Ya, but I don't see him singing since it is SCC show." I agreed because he usually doesn't want to steal someone elses thunder. About a song later, he started to walk up onto the stage a squat down in the back corner of the stage. Now I'm hitting my friend and just about hyperventilating and I'm saying "He is going to sing! He is going to sing!" Then SCC started singing a song that sounded familiar to me, but it wasn't All About Love. The next thing I know he is introducing Clay by saying "Everyone give a warm welcome to Clay Aiken!" The crowd goes wild and Clay comes out and starts singing. By this point I am about to have a heart attack and I finally realize it is the Great Adventure. I take a few pictures and then I realize. Hello, my camera takes video. I start recording and get the rest of the song and where he walks off stage. I tried to contain my screams, but at the end you will hear me scream because I just had to let out one big one when SCC said, "Give it up for Clay Aiken" and Clay gave his cute little bow and walked off the stage.

I have to admit that my fandom reallly had started to die down a little bit, but after this, I am back on the Clay train and I cannot wait for him to go on tour again! He looked so excited to be out there with his idol and to be singing on stage again.

This made the entire night worth it even the part where he had to sit behind the stage.

I hope you enjoy my pic and recap and hopefully the video will be uploaded soon! (I'm not sure if I can stay up for another 30 or 45 minutes, so it may not be up until morning, but I will see what I can do.)

I brought the megaupload link over here. I have it downloading now.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EEKHZPZH

ETA: Well that was disappointing. All it was was his walking across the stage with Jamie. Is there another one? Off to look....

ETAA: Here is the other megaupload link. I hope this is the good one!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QJ62ECJB

Edited by Claygasm

It's amazing. The sound is absolutely terrible, and you can still tell how amazing it is. He is wailing. Woo!!

EEEEEEEEEEE its said 45 minutes to dl...can I wait for that!!!

I bet we get better video later...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's amazing. The sound is absolutely terrible, and you can still tell how amazing it is. He is wailing. Woo!!

EEEEEEEEEEE its said 45 minutes to dl...can I wait for that!!!

I bet we get better video later...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

45 minutes?? It only took mine 9 minutes to download!

It reminded me of the very early clack days - terrible sound quality and shaky picture. I am so used to the brilliance of the clack goddess that it seemed weird to see him on video like that. To be honest, I could not understand a word! I could barely tell when he was singing and I couldn't even hear the melody!

But he sure looked like he was having fun and he had the YOUNG crowd going and at the end after he hugged SCC, he smiled and my God you could see those brilliant white teeth in all their glory. No lie!

It was so fun seeing Clay igniting a young audience for a change!

I sure hope this experience doesn't give him any ideas as to which direction he should take his career.....

Think I'll go watch it again....

than god computer gods is smiling at me and speeded up the process...its starting to play as I type this...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

but why not a sing a song from ATDW...he must not like that CD...HEH

:allgood::allgood:

Yeah you will need to listen to it more than ones to actually hear his voice..but it was great.

If someone has a video from the front of the stoage we will hear their voices better. But I love how his low register stood out against SCC's voice...that was how I was first able to distinguish his voice then I just followed that sound.

AHHH...great to get hit by clack...hey SCC is rocking...will it be ok if he becomes a CCM rockstar???

ouch claygasm...don't hit me...ouch :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yeah you will need to listen to it more than ones to actually hear his voice..but it was great.

If someone has a video from the front of the stoage we will hear their voices better. But I love how his low register stood out against SCC's voice...that was how I was first able to distinguish his voice then I just followed that sound.

AHHH...great to get hit by clack...hey SCC is rocking...will it be ok if he becomes a CCM rockstar???

BWAH!!! He was rocking out, wasn't he??

Claygasm, I went apeshit over YWT, but I've come to terms with it. He has such joy when he's singing religious songs, and I just hang out in my handbasket to hell and enjoy it.

Edited by jmh123

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Its NOT ok!!!!!!!!!!

Just get that silly notion out of your head right now!!!

:sport-smiley-002:

In all seriousness - Clay should follow whatever path makes him the happiest. I know the joy he gets from singing religious songs. But YWT practically killed me - for so many reasons. I have always feared he might one day go the CCM route because I know its the one path I could not follow him on. I couldn't bring myself to buy a CCM CD or go to a CCM concert. I don't like sermons served up with my music. Not even from Clay

And it would break my heart not to follow him. But I couldn't.

So I hold steadfastly to what he said years ago about not wanting to be a CCM artist because he doesn't want to preach to the choir (or something like that). I do believe one day he may do a niche album of Christian music. But I am going to believe he will never become a CCM artist until he proves me wrong.

Its just to sad for me to think anything else.

Wait! Clay's LOWER register? I thought he was harmonizing on the high part?!

Just that little bit of him on stage---damn, that man loves to be on stage, doesn't he? I swear I think he COULD get up there and sing the freakin' phone book and STILL have a blast...and make everybody there enjoy it, too!

I love him.

And I'm sooooooo happy that he's proving once again that he means what he says and he walks his talk. He SAID he was going to take his life back and that's what he's doing. Think about it--on Kimmel for his 'traditional' Valentine's show, cross-country redeye plane trip to follow his 'other' heart and do good for 'the cause', back to Raleigh to welcome his brother home safely from war, then on stage singing with a musician he admires singing a type of music he grew up loving.

I'm smiling like a fool that this man is happy.

Now...I hope there's some woman waiting for him at home to make him even happier....heh.

I totally understand and respect that sentiment. That is the reason too why I don't really listen to them. My friends used to share them with me and there are a lot of really lovely songs with great lyrics...then it just gets a bit too much so I no longer listen. But I do love it when Clay sings spiritual songs. It simply transports him to another space.

I do believe we will be hearing some CCM like songs from him... he may even bring out a full CD of spiritual songs in a few years...but I doubt he would leave pop music. I know he likes singing a variety of music and I don't think he wants to preach to us. He just wants to express his spirituality

Muski...there was a point when he was singing a solo...on the verse...I detected it...it was the first thing I distiguished when I listened to it. Then I just followed that voice...Hey don;t make me listen to it again!!!!

WORD to your whole post.

I really think right now...he is not in recording star mode. This appearance was more about sharing a stage with a respected colleague not promoting himself...I love the hair...the clothes...and yes...YAY for Brett home and safe. He must be thrilled.

more pictures from a guy that was just there for the concert...

l_898c165e3ab641a8886042beaa89efcc.jpg

l_6a2e14cf871cab8c8c9b9be403aed09e.jpg

I couldn't understand one word either of them sang, but I'm so happy we have Scclack at all. I was enjoying watching the Dad (or pastor?) types out in the audience in their suits and ties rawking out with the kids.

I think I read at the CV that the concert tickets were $10.00, so that, along with it being a Saturday night, might help explain why you see so many young people in the front of the audience...

Yeah, muski, I also thought he was harmonizing on the high part. SCC's voice is lower than Clay's. Hee, maybe some are getting Jody McBrayer and SCC confused? ;)

I'm probably the last person some would think that would enjoy CCM, but I do. I own a few of SCC's albums, and Avalon and Jody as well. I am of the opinion that some of the songs that were in the original mix for ATDW were probably CCM themed, but with lyrics that were vague enough to be interpreted in different ways. Heck, we heard that SCC might have written a song that wasn't included. We also heard from different songwriters whose songs were apparently up for consideration, and the majority of them were CCM songwriters. I doubt that Clay will release a strictly CCM album anytime soon, but I do think he will continue to include CCM cover songs in his concerts, and will probably gravitate towards CCM songwriters again, next time he records, if for no other reason that the fact that their lyrics are typically cleaner. I feel bad for fans who don't like his CCM leanings, but on the other hand, Clay's always been pretty up front about who he is religiously.

I'm just gonna copy my post over from CH - my feelings about his appearance last night with SCC:

Clay has mentioned quite often in interviews how much he likes SCC's music and songwriting, and of course, he's covered a few of his songs. *g* I would go so far as to think (only my opinion, obviously) that Clay probably considers him one of his musical idols. I bet he must have been tha-rilled to be up on the stage with him. Didn't we hear that there might have been a song written by SCC for Clay when he first started working on what eventually became ATDW? Anyways, I am as happy as a pig in shit (hee, not very CCM sounding, I know) that Clay got to sing with his idol. I FLOVE The Great Adventure, and always have....love to blast it in the car and sing along at the top of my lungs. Thanks to everyone who scoped out, uploaded, or hosted the clack so far! I hope we get a clearer mp3 of this. And more video.

So who had Clay sings CCM on their list of things to make heads eplode. I can't wait to see this clack...And I really want to hear Clay sing The Blood just once before I die. I sang that song a million times in the church choir growing up and I want to hear "grown up" Cay sing it.

OMG couchie, I want to hear it too. I never heard the song before Clay sang it, and I know I'm in the minority with this one, but I FLOVE it. When my mom was in for her second surgery, I spent some time wandering around the hospital, to let her rest. I wound up, one day, in this beautiful chapel, with stained glass windows, and of course my iPod was playing (I am never without it). I sat down for a few minutes, and what, out of the 1000 songs, came up on random play? Yep, The Blood. No freaking coincidence.

I couldn't understand one word either of them sang, but I'm so happy we have Scclack at all. I was enjoying watching the Dad (or pastor?) types out in the audience in their suits and ties rawking out with the kids.

I think I read at the CV that the concert tickets were $10.00, so that, along with it being a Saturday night, might help explain why you see so many young people in the front of the audience...

It was general admission so anyone can get to the front...I guess he does not have an intense core fanbase that will go to all kinds of length to get in front so there is more varitey to who can watch.

once again..the low part I heard wasn't on the harmonizing but on the verse when Clay was singing solo.

Thank you for the welcome. :da_best:

I to agree with the people who think Clive is not the big bad wolf and Clay is little red.

Frankie

Opps! that reply was suppose to go in another thread sorry!

Frankie :F_05BL17blowkiss:

no worries frankie...just join us over in the new thread...we love newbies!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OMG couchie, I want to hear it too. I never heard the song before Clay sang it, and I know I'm in the minority with this one, but I FLOVE it. When my mom was in for her second surgery, I spent some time wandering around the hospital, to let her rest. I wound up, one day, in this beautiful chapel, with stained glass windows, and of course my iPod was playing (I am never without it). I sat down for a few minutes, and what, out of the 1000 songs, came up on random play? Yep, The Blood. No freaking coincidence.

It was Good News for me. I swear when anybody is sick or dying around me that song goes on overload 24/7. It's such a comfort.

I love unexpected clack.

I feel bad for fans who don't like his CCM leanings, but on the other hand, Clay's always been pretty up front about who he is religiously.

Yes, he has always been upfront about his religious beliefs, but that doesn't mean he has to sing CCM, or try and sneak in a sermon in his songs or try and throw in a evangelical tent show into one of his pop concerts - complete with giant pictures of crosses and bibles. IMO, if he wants to do that then he must leave pop music and become a CCM singer. Its not fair to his non-Christian fans otherwise. After experiencing YWT way too many time I feel very strongly about this. It made me very uncomfotable to suddenly have him preaching the gospel to me. And I know I was not the only one. I know that "All About Love" song is CCM, but no one is preaching the gospel. They are just preaching love and who would argue about that.

There is a time and a place for everything.

Now, I also know many songwriters who have written CCM do not ONLY write CCM. They also write music that you would be hard pressed to find any religious meaning in at all. So if Clay uses songwriters - even SCC - who have written primarily CCM. I hope what ever songs he chooses are clearly not religious in nature. Songs in the vein of YWT do not belong on a pop CD, IMO.

That said, I too have always felt one day Clay would put out an album of Christian music - and I think it will be stuff like that blood song and more in your face Christian songs. He loves to sing them. I really do feel he will do this one day and I would be cool with that. I wouldn't buy it, but I would be cool with him doing it if that's what he wants to do. And if did concerts in promotion of that album - good for him! I just will be saving a lot of money on concert tickets (but I probably would watch a little clack....). As long as Clay then returned to pop music - or just about any other genre except rap - I could happily live with it. I would still be right here waiting (hee...) for him.

I have always felt he did the Christmas concerts because he does love singing to and about his God and Christmas concerts are not as polarizing as CCM concerts. He can sing very religious songs to a much wider audience - an audience that isn't only made up of the choir. I think it renews him and lifts him spiritually. So if one day he wanted to do it with Christian music, he should. Just as long as that isn't the only path he chooses to follow.

However, I grinned from ear to ear watching him on stage. He shines on stage - no matter what he sings. He never seems as happy as when he is performing. I never could make out his voice so I couldn't tell you if he was harmonizing on the high notes or the low. (Frankly, all I heard in my head when listening to it was Muski singing it!) But he was clearly having a great time, maybe even living out a dream singing with someone he has admired for a long time and whose music he loves. How cool was that for him?!? You go Clay!

He has had a good week. He appeared on Kimmel - which I would guess is his favorite show to appear on - and he did his presidenial committee thing and his brother is safe at home for at least a little while, he got to sing with someone he has followed since he was young and who is clearly one of his favorites and, oh yeah, he got his teeth fixed so they glow in the dark!

I love it that Clay had a week like this. And I hope he has many, many more that are filled with such happy and fulfilling times!

As long as he doesn't sing too much more CCM.......

I understand where you are coming from Claygasm but I guess as someone who usually likes soul music, I'm used ot it. When you go to a Luther or Patty Labelle concert, a gospel song getting thrown in is more likely than not so I don't think of it as a conversion type or out of place thing when Clay sings CCM. I guess when pop stars does some exotic religion type thing do people care or is it just christianity. I don't know. It's really funny because although I love gospel, CCM is not something I"m familiar with at all but I do love All About Love, Good News, You Were There -- all the songs Clay introduced me to. Still haven't set foot in a church even though I'm open to enjoying his singing.

When I look at Clay's demos I think we get a hint of what he enjoys. Yeah maybe one or two were perhaps Faye's favorite but christian/country/ballads seems to be his forte. I still think of the man as an old soul and born a couple generations too late.

But yep, seeing him smiling and having fun and jamming..that was fun.

As a resident atheist, I did not feel that Clay was doing anything wrongwith YWT. Heck am I not supposed to see Neil Young in the Jazz singer because it is about Jewish people or was I supposed to hate him because he put out a Christmas album? One of them surely is hypocritical, unless.... you think taht it is all music.

Then again, I guess I am not a good atheist because I do like Christmas music, humerous music and frequently play my album of pigorian chants (the animals all sing in English, except the pigs who sing in pig latin "ore-snay, ore-snay, the pigs are sleeping") It is quite the beautiful album, most people do not even realize what they are listening to since the singing is so beautiful.

Now if someone put an altar up at a show and asked me to pledge, that would be quite the other thing, or maybe not, I might be amused by the people that would go up and swear. Actually, I am quite amused at many of the fans, speaking of which is the fans who declare the the imaginary album of all new songs could not have had CCM songs on it, like - why not? Just because it does not fit in the theory?

Speaking of which I found a new emoticon to represent us, but I forgot wehre it was, when I find it again, I will show you.