#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

TOURPLEASETOURPLEASETOURPLEASETOURPLEASETOURPLEASE

:club0:

Whose ready to join me in the mosh pit?

:manynanas:

Oh yeah!!! I vow to myself that I will try to make it to a tour this year!!! hopefully one where we can all congregate. So I am hoping I can get more webdesign jobs in the school and that I am called in to teach more times and I will try not to give in to the temptation of getting a brand new laptop. I want to be in the mosh pit with you guys!!!

I'm in! I love mosh pits -- especially at Clay concerts. I'm not joking here either -- when I saw Clay at the Illinois State Fair during the NAT, the show was in the grandstand. However, they sold tickets on the track in front of the stage. I took a risk and bought two for me and my husband. It was a risk because that area wasn't covered -- if it had rained, it would have been a mess. Instead, it was a nice cool August night, the weather was perfect, and there was about 300 fans directly in front of the stage (no chairs around). Those in the grandstand were about a football field away from the stage. It was a great night, and a really fun show.

I dearly hope that the FCA can have a get-together during at least one stop on the tour, and we can squee, shoot the shit about all kinds of topics, squee some more, eat, laugh, and enjoy Clay.

From CravingClay at CV:

Mike and Juliet just talked about Clay. First they said they were excited because they had made it to youtube. The segment on youtube was the Clay promo so they showed the whole thing. Then said that he would be there for the whole hour on Thursday and they were really excited. Then Juliet said that tomorrow night she is going to drag Clay out to a karaoke place because she loves it. She told Mike that Clay wants to sing a duet with him and asked Mike if he would do it. First he said no but then he said he would sing with Clay.

This is the show Clay will be on Thursday morning. Sounds like it might be a heck of a lot of fun!

From CravingClay at CV:

Mike and Juliet just talked about Clay. First they said they were excited because they had made it to youtube. The segment on youtube was the Clay promo so they showed the whole thing. Then said that he would be there for the whole hour on Thursday and they were really excited. Then Juliet said that tomorrow night she is going to drag Clay out to a karaoke place because she loves it. She told Mike that Clay wants to sing a duet with him and asked Mike if he would do it. First he said no but then he said he would sing with Clay.

This is the show Clay will be on Thursday morning. Sounds like it might be a heck of a lot of fun!

EEEEEEEEEEEEE I just wok up this morning thinking that its goign to be a long time since we see Clay...then I remembered that he will be on Thursday...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I am amazed at the alck of buzz and hype this appearance is getting from some boards. I am beyond psyched for this now. I do have to see if we get this in this area...I only get 1 FOX network...

well off to find it ...I will be sad If I can;t watch this on TV for real...sniff...

YAY I get it on 3 channels on Sat TV ...at 9 am...YAY

I have it on now...trying to get a feel of the show. It is a R&K clone...complete with the stools...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE so excited.

OMG this show is susch a R&K clone...they actually kinda look like Regis and ripacrite...the theme song is very similar and the graphics as well...this is too funny.

Let see how well they treat Clay...it might be a good show to support...hee

Ooooh, they needthe ratings, they will definitely be nice to Clay. I think they are looking for a lot of noterirety from this appearance. Even if the ratings are not fantastic, they will be covered on the insider or ET, which is new for them.

Clay will do good and people will find fault.

To our illustrious lurkers (why arethere so many so many palces (heh, I do it, too) I send this message darkside_cookies.gif

Oh, media base, it looks like the song dropped again, but it really stayed the same since last week increase, you know the story. I see that overnight, there were a lot more plays on Yes, com. I am hoping for an increase tomorrow. I have to go play Clay on yahoo to get him into the top 20 - first page! and 106.7 by clicking off the main page.

Edited by playbiller

I expect comprehensive, minute by minute commentary on the show from you, Ansa and from playbiller, too. The daytime shows that I can't watch in real time always make me very antsy.

They don't necessarily make me antsy, but I'm always curious to know what is being done in real time....kinda. So I too will be looking forward to hearing the reviews.

This sounds like it should be a lot of fun. I think he really enjoys doing these kinds of shows. And again, I think a show of this type plays off his personality so well, I believe he really sells some albums through appearances like this. (I could be totally wrong though....wouldn't be the first time, nor the last....)

darkside_cookies.gif

OMG, this is perfect. I volunteer to make the oatmeal cookies!

KAndre, I also have a wonderful recipe for shortbread. And my oatmeal cookies are out of this world (NO RAISINS THOUGH! YUCKY POOHY ON RAISINS!)

No oatmeal cookies! Shortbread!

No! Chocolate chip!!!!! With BIG chunks of chocolate!

I am really looking forward to the Mike and Juliet show - even though I won't be able to see it in real time and will probably read pages and pages of why it wasn't worthy of him before I do get to see it. I really like Mike Jerrick from his days in Philadelphia and I can so see his sense of humor with Clay's. Should be fun.

But I have to say I hope they don't take him to a karaoke place. The next thing you know it will be all over the place that Clay now only sings karaoke with other amateurs and that's where he belongs.

Just.Say.No. Clay!

I make a mean peanut butter blossom and Clay-friendly snickerdoodles are my speciality (full of creamy butter and rolled in cinnamon sugar). And I also have a seldom-made double chocolate cookie recipe that might make your eyeballs roll back in your head if you like that kind of thing.

I am already thinking about lunch, as a matter of fact. Why do you ask?

Hmmm....maybe I need to open a cookie thread....later today....

See, my oatmeal cookies, and the shortbread too, are Clay friendly. I love chocolate chip too, but I don't want the guy to have an upset tummy.

Yeah, right....like I'll ever get to make him cookies. I wish.

oh our famly is very partial to molasses cookie and jumbo raisin cookies...yummm

Loe peanut butter cookies too!!!

Bottle I would love to try your double chocolate cookie recipe...I love those!!!

le sigh....

yup...unless I get an emergency call to come in to teach on Thrusday I will be available to give you guys real time comments...before you get to check out other boards...heh

just forgive the many typos I'm sure to have...

Cookies, schmookies! Gimmee some ice cream any day over cookies...

Hmmm...ice cream over cookies...sounds good to me! :allgood:

Get this: I went to see my mom last night. She wasn't in her room or in the common areas and I was about to leave when the girl at the front desk said, "Oh, I just saw her a few minutes ago. I bet I know where she is." She went to the intercom board and flipped a button and picked up a phone and said, "Hi, is ______ there? Oh, good. Well, tell her her daughter's down here. Okay, thanks." She turned to me and said, "She was in her friend's room. She's coming down now."

So I waited. Mom showed up and we went back up to her room. (Hold on, it gets better.)

Me: "How are you doing?"

Her: "Well, I've got to get out of this place. I've never been so lonely in my life."

(Knock me over with a feather...)

Me: "Huh? What? I thought you liked it here?"

Her: "I guess I need to just go jump in a river. I can't stay here anymore."

Me: "Well, Mom, maybe you will because I just don't know what else to do. What happened to change everything? The last time I talked with you..." (I imagine my voice was getting more strained and maybe even louder. All I could think of was a phone call I'd gotten from my cousin the day before telling me that they'd had to move her mom (my 97-year old aunt) in with them from her assisted living place...and the idea of our having to do the same was making ME want to jump in a river.)

Her: "Oh, I'm just kidding you. It's great here."

:ruserious:

Then there was a knock on the door and there's Bob. Evidently, Bob was the friend whose room she'd been in. Seems that she and Bob are great buddies and spend a lot of time together. :unsure: Yeppers, shore enough. So Bob joined us and the three of us chatted for about an hour. Bob's a sharp cookie (heh) and funny, too. Great wit. So after sparring for a while (he's about 84---guess it runs in our family that the women like younger men... :medium-smiley-070: ), I left Bob and Mom in her room and went back to my family.

:getaroom:

And now for something COMPLETELY different! :backtotopic: Mosh pit? Hell yeah...if Clay's the one in the pit and I'm doing the moshing. heh

And now for something COMPLETELY different! :backtotopic: Mosh pit? Hell yeah...if Clay's the one in the pit and I'm doing the moshing. heh

I think the idea is to make the mosh pit look like so much fun, Clay is compelled to do a stage dive right into the center of it.

:Pogo0:

Let's get to hard news (down smutters!, you know who you are!)

Forbes Idols busy signals

Idol executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz says many would-be voters experience "fast" busy signals, which indicate the outgoing call never left the local phone network. "We're not going to rebuild America's phone infrastructure," she says. "We make a television show, and we just rely on AT&T and the local phone companies to run the phone systems."

But uncounted votes could easily change the results of the show, especially in close contests. In 2003, in the show's second season, winner Ruben Studdard beat runner-up Clay Aiken by about 130,000 votes of 24 million cast--a 0.5% margin.

More discussion of text voting and how the networks work and how easy it would be to fix it, duh!

American Idol: So Whats The Twist?

Even though I prefer the current format over the Pre-Season 4 format, the biggest thing I've missed in the semi's is the wild card round. There's always someone who falls through the cracks (and that has happened a LOT this season); let's not forget Clay Aiken wasn't originally voted in. So why not bring four girls (Ebony? Bailey? Marissa? Someone else??) and four guys (Sean? Tom Lowe? Matt Sato? ...) and have them compete with the rest of the top 16 for a spot in the top 12?

virus_being_sent.gif

We have to disassociate him from an album so he isn't in anyway responsible for it. But of course it's HIS VOICE. No one else but us will put that album on anyone else. I think what I hate most is that the fans have put it out there that Clay doesn't care about his work. They've written that on Amazon reviews and they've written that in defense of his sales. And even if Clay felt the exact same way he would not do that. I hope they are proud.

Yeah, me too. Pisses me off to no end. I posted about how much I love the album yesterday, on another board. It's sad, to me, when a post like that stands out like a sore thumb, on a freaking FAN board. I don't expect that everyone is going to love everything about it, but my good God, you'd think there'd be a majority that at least like it. I just don't understand all this "ATDW is dead, let's move on to the next great thing" mentality. What next thing? ATDW is NOW, let's celebrate what we currently have. It's only dead in the minds of the people who have bought into a bunch of shit-assed, friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of an insider speculation. Clay has never once said a bad word about it. In fact, he's done just the opposite. Unless, of course, you can "read" what he's saying when he doesn't speak. Which some people apparently think they can. :pod:

When something new arises, I'll celebrate that too. But right now, I'll celebrate ATDW and AIW.

I am sooooooooooooooo in the "hope there's an ATDW 2007 summer tour" camp. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be in the mosh pit. :rainbowsmile:

Funny, I've been thinking of Clay singing songs from ATDW onstage in concert...sure...he'll bring other stuff, but now I'm hearing that since ATDW is a COVERS CD, people are having a hard time 'getting their mind around' him actually touring with that CD as the focus...

I want to see him singing LAA---I can picture his eyes while he emotes the lyrics...and HYCA...I want to watch him sing LNM...I want to see him doing his rockin' thang singing that song HE likes--ATD. He'll wrap me up with his heart on his sleeve when he sings a song I don't even like that much---BYLM and he'll make me swoon when his voice makes like a freakin' instrument going down the scale in ETYGA...

And I can't wait to see how they stage BW! Should be interesting.

Of course, by the time he gets up there to lay down some soul on IYDKMBN, I'll be toast. :hubbahubba:

The picture is from MyHeart4Clay from CV and here is her recap:

Hey guys! I was at the SCC concert tonight and I have a picture and a video. Just a warning, they aren't the greatest because we got there really late and ended up having to sit behind the stage because of the concert being general addmission, but hopefully it will hold you off until some better things come out.

Here is the picture (of course it is clickable) and then I will upload the video to youtube in a minute (well actually it has to be megaupload because it is to big for youtube).

I still can't believe he was actually there! You should have seen my friends and I when we heard the MC say "Clay Aiken is in the house tonight." I thought we were all going to have a heart attack. At first I thought they may just be joking around to see what the crowd would do. Thank goodness we were wrong! During SCC's set, we saw him walk into the backstage area. That got us even more excited! He was with a girl who we think was his cousin who was on tour with him this Christmas. Clay was taken to the other side of the stage from all the people who were watching the show from backstage. I said to my friend, "Wouldn't it be cool if Clay sang a duet of All About Love with SCC?" She was like, "Ya, but I don't see him singing since it is SCC show." I agreed because he usually doesn't want to steal someone elses thunder. About a song later, he started to walk up onto the stage a squat down in the back corner of the stage. Now I'm hitting my friend and just about hyperventilating and I'm saying "He is going to sing! He is going to sing!" Then SCC started singing a song that sounded familiar to me, but it wasn't All About Love. The next thing I know he is introducing Clay by saying "Everyone give a warm welcome to Clay Aiken!" The crowd goes wild and Clay comes out and starts singing. By this point I am about to have a heart attack and I finally realize it is the Great Adventure. I take a few pictures and then I realize. Hello, my camera takes video. I start recording and get the rest of the song and where he walks off stage. I tried to contain my screams, but at the end you will hear me scream because I just had to let out one big one when SCC said, "Give it up for Clay Aiken" and Clay gave his cute little bow and walked off the stage.

I have to admit that my fandom reallly had started to die down a little bit, but after this, I am back on the Clay train and I cannot wait for him to go on tour again! He looked so excited to be out there with his idol and to be singing on stage again.

This made the entire night worth it even the part where he had to sit behind the stage.

I hope you enjoy my pic and recap and hopefully the video will be uploaded soon! (I'm not sure if I can stay up for another 30 or 45 minutes, so it may not be up until morning, but I will see what I can do.)

Okay, I have to admit I'm clueless. Have'nt been following Clay since his x-mas concerts. What is this all about? Is this a concert you'll are talking about with StevenCC or was he on TV? What's the story? And do you think there's a chance Clay will perform on Idol this season?

I think the idea is to make the mosh pit look like so much fun, Clay is compelled to do a stage dive right into the center of it.

:Pogo0:

Hee! At the Illinois State Fair, I almost made a sign that said "Dare you to stage dive, Clay!" In retrospect, I should have done it.....

I just don't understand all this "ATDW is dead, let's move on to the next great thing" mentality. What next thing?

I really think this is the crux of the matter for me. Sure, it's great to wait for whatever next comes Clay's way...but how patiently? As couchie alluded to yesterday in her post, I'm not expecting a new, major CD release from Clay until at least early 2008. The recording industry just doesn't work that fast any more. So -- what can I do to pass the time? Well, I still listen to ATDW on a regular basis, and plan on supporting it as much as possible, simply by talking it up to people who show an interest in Clay. I've also been streaming the videos on a regular basis.

Funny, I've been thinking of Clay singing songs from ATDW onstage in concert...sure...he'll bring other stuff, but now I'm hearing that since ATDW is a COVERS CD, people are having a hard time 'getting their mind around' him actually touring with that CD as the focus...

I want to see him singing LAA---I can picture his eyes while he emotes the lyrics...and HYCA...I want to watch him sing LNM...I want to see him doing his rockin' thang singing that song HE likes--ATD. He'll wrap me up with his heart on his sleeve when he sings a song I don't even like that much---BYLM and he'll make me swoon when his voice makes like a freakin' instrument going down the scale in ETYGA...

And I can't wait to see how they stage BW! Should be interesting.

Of course, by the time he gets up there to lay down some soul on IYDKMBN, I'll be toast. :hubbahubba:

I'm already planning for RHW to be the opening song for the concert. It has a great instrumental introduction, and I can just see Clay striding on stage to that music. I also wonder what song will be the encore -- LAA? (Just him and a piano?) BW? (Clay on stage, Erin prerecorded showing on the jumbotron?) I also think that ATD will be the song that has the transformation that he always seems to do at least once per tour. ISY was that song before, it really changed throughout the tours. ATD will be that song during this tour, I would bet. I will be looking forward to swooning over HYCA, with those low, low notes. (Hey -- let's make the chairs vibrate when he hits those notes!!!!! Hmmmm...maybe not....) And IFYDKMBN -- good God, that's gonna be good.

Heee check out salamanders newest masterpiece.

Pretty amazing!!! I want that toy set!!!!

I love it, that's fantastic! Made me LOL a LOT!