#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

OMG he looks GORGEOUS. I can't wait to see this clack.

As for older fans, well Clayantion, look around you at the next gathering. It's time to face facts. Are all Clay's fans old. No. But the older fans are the "pushy" ones that know about things first and they jump on it or are willing to pay exhorbitant prices to get those seats. So unless you're willing to give up your front row seats and tickets to anything Clay, and not try to horn in at his shows, this is the way it is. Maybe we want to start planning how we'll grab those first row seats and go to the nearest high school to give them away. Let's plan it ok. You go first. heee.

Anyway, this sounds great.

WORD ..either back off...or stand and be proud...I plan to do the latter... :allgood:

Couchie - good idea about giving the first few rows to high school kids! Of course, I think a few others sprinkled in would make it look more realistic......

I can't wait to see the Clack of this! Should be up in what? Maybe 15 minutes??? :lol:

hen they asked him if people screamed where ever he wwent he said not every where - said it is easier in New York - then did a NY imitation - 'hey dude, you are taller than I thought!" I think he said he gets that a lot.

Edited by playbiller

oh no...last 5 minutes...

hey they haven;t asked Clay about Idol....

last chance for them to do it...but I guess theya ll mised Idol since they were outkaraoking

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

they are out now with the people in the belachers...

so she remined him of interviewing him 4 years ago when he was still starting with AI

they talked about him selling thongs...

then they said you did such a good job...CLay and he will be bakc...

I think Juliet is really a fan now..she was always all over him...

good thing for the fans outside they got good look at him...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

but I missed some stuff about the thong....

OH NO>>> its over...and no other shwoing for me..not like Tyra it was on several times I can watch it againa and again...

sigh now I have to wait for clack...sniff

ok impressions

at first I was wondering why they were not playing any ATDW in the comerical breaks they were all invisible and the way...

then in the last 2 or three breaks they palyed ATD and Everytime you go away...I think...so yeah ATDW was representing...

the only significant thing we learned about his future plans is the Unicef trip is in april...

he did mention future concert when talking to cookie...so I think its safe to assume that is happening in the future...hee

But they really didn;t ask him much about his career cos they had so many segments...there was no long segment where its all about him.

He was very touchy feely with Juliet and she is a very cute girl..

Mike kinda got lost in between all of it.

There were a lot of snarky moments...but not a steady stream of it like if he was being interveiwed or the R&K host chat...but it came out every now and them so you ahve to get the whole show to really see all of it.

This is a great appearance...and I think its just a way for him not to disappear from the people's consciousness. My theoy is its because they will be back promoting other projets later in the year...maybe the tour or a new single. My sense is right now he is not pop start Clay but TV eprsonality Clay...

EEEEEEEEEEE looking for Clack now....

So I'm less valuable as a fan because of my age (over 40) and my lack of a penis? Alrighty then....

Are people really saying that? If so...I'm just not gonna say anything, because that attitude pisses me the hell off.

hen they asked him if people screamed where ever he wwent he said not every where - said it is easier in New York - then did a NY imitation - 'hey dude, you are taller than I thought!" I think he said he gets that a lot.

Can't wait to hear this...New Yawker Clay. I think too, because he's so skinny, and because he was pictured so often with Ruben, that he does get that "you're taller" thing a lot.

So I'm less valuable as a fan because of my age (over 40) and my lack of a penis? Alrighty then....

I wonder how old the people saying this are???

Seriously, what is wrong with these people? Are they blind?? Do they not know the make-up of the majority of Clay fans that show up for TV tapings and concerts?

I said to someone not long ago, I think even if Clay has tons of teen and 20-something fans that they are kind of stealth because Clay is not perceived as "cool" and "cool" is so important at that age and because if they ever went to a concert or taping they would feel like they were hanging with their mothers and grandmothers - only badly behaved mothers and grandmothers. I'm not even sure that illusive kick-ass rocking Clay CD would bring them in - at least publically.

Hey - didn't we KNOW some would find something to bitch about this appearance??

OMG!!! His teeth really do glow in the dark!!

dancing.jpg

Hee! This posted by GBB at the CH:

Mike: that fan over there has a thong on

Clay: Actually, Juliet is wearing the same one

Juliet: Yeah, he gave it to me last night

Clay: It's live TV. Be careful.

I love our funny glow-in-the-dark boyfriend!

no way, Clay has never tried to be anything he is not...he is proud of who he is as an artist and he is proud of his fans the way they are....

I just wish people would stop trying to make Clay and his fans into something they think would fit the more "cool" demographic. I think we are cool for being honest in our reactions...for living life to the fullest and that is what I see in cookie...a person that is having fun and living life... I hope I can be able to do what she does when I'm in retirement age...

OMG I missed this...I know he was talking about what the new yorkers say but I didn;t get it exactly...

gah its bad to do this in real time when you are such a lousy typist...

I;m afraid to read back waht I typed in to see how bad it was.

Where's the clack???????

I read where someone say they wouldn't be watching any more Clay appearances where he doesn't sing.

Huh?

I LOVE Clay's singing and it is still my favorite thing about him. But he is sooooooooooo much more than just a singer! To miss these non-singing appearance IMO is missing so much that is special about Clay. Now ideally I would like him to do both, but I'll take any Clay appearance I can!

Yes, I should be working. Why do you ask???

I need to watch this again...and now simply concentrate on the show itself...

there were so many great moments...I really like the CLaymobile section cos they were reading all these terms off the car...and she was talking about pre -release parties...and we found out one thing of interest in that segment...Clay does not know how to drive a stick..hee

I have to review the part about Brett...it went by so fast. there was really a lot to absorb. But once again...no questions about idol...pretty amazing.

Too bad I really wanted to get clay;s reaction to the show...but he was out on the town doing karaoke...

that blog report last night was pretty accurate about that ...and Clay looked like they are having so much fun.

For what its worth....

From the CB via the CH:

They just got out of the studio.

Had to stay awhile ..while they did promos for the next show..

Clay was taking pics with M&J

Someone asked ... when will you be touring..

HE SAID..........WE ARE GOING TO DO SOMETHING THIS SUMMER!!!!

There was lots of joking around and comeraudery withClay and the staff...They treated him very respectfully.....raving about him....and would love to have him back..

Mike's agent said....he could not believe how well Clay did and how interesting it was to see him so at ease in a different role....and how well he did.

She said his...highlights (hair) were amazing

He was sniffling and doing the swallowing thing...but looked great..

But, but, but - doesn't that seem to indicate he will be touring with songs from ATDW? You know, the album he is done with??

Hmmmm. Summer may not work for me for a tour.

Clay, call me! Maybe we can work something out!

But, but, but - doesn't that seem to indicate he will be touring with songs from ATDW? You know, the album he is done with??

Maybe a private concert for all FCA people? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am, of course, adding salt to this report, but since it fits in with MY theories *g*, I'll take it!

I always feel so sorry for Clay when he looks out at the audience of women old enough to be his mother!

Eeeep!!

Maybe we want to start planning how we'll grab those first row seats and go to the nearest high school to give them away. Let's plan it ok. You go first. heee.

Good one!

For what its worth....

From the CB via the CH:

Someone asked ... when will you be touring..

HE SAID..........WE ARE GOING TO DO SOMETHING THIS SUMMER!!!!

Should be lots of good tickets available for the FCA gals, given that so many others hate the album.

:pod:

the package ould be a keepsake..

indeed. :hubbahubba:

It's so weird...the report about him saying it's easier in New York to just bop around town. In the chapter I'm getting ready to post I have him saying almost exactly the same thing! And I wrote that days ago...

Can't wait for the downloads...Have you guys noticed how he's not darkening his eyelashes like he used to? Seems that he's just getting back more and more to Clayton, doesn't it? And that thong snark is priceless! He's so great at lines that create delicious ambiguity in interpretations, isn't he?

He looks really thin to me in those caps....and pale. But bee-you-tee-ful. And what is it with Clay and all these TALL women?!?!?! Cooolllll....... :allgood:

Maybe a private concert for all FCA people? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am, of course, adding salt to this report, but since it fits in with MY theories *g*, I'll take it!

NO...no salt!!! too much salt is bad for my diet...

I am just going to BELIEVE!!!! say...I BELIEVE...I BELIEVE!!!!

heh ... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Couch, ansa, ldyjocelyn and all others weighing in on the "older fan" thing- WORD WORD WORD.

Great quote couchie about giving away front row seats to teens and might I add PYT's.

I knew the "outrage" was gonna happen over Cookie and the shit has sure hit the fan. How dare she call the show! Who does she think she is bringing attention to herself?

Lighten up people. Oh, did I forget to mention that there was lots of expert "marketing" advice as well? Oh, the humanity.

That sweet lady is happily married for 40 years and is having the time of her life. I don't think anyone has mentioned this but she kissed Clay's hand and said "And I don't care where that hand's been , honey!" BWAH!

She also contributed lots of dough to BAF , and said her husband is the number one Claydawg!

Yeah, he seemed a tad uncomfortable, didn't want to be grabbed or touched much. He seemed OK and sweet during the "quiz show" though. I thought it was hysterical how little she knew for an "obsessed" fan.

I, too, am still getting used to the "toofs". I still think it changes the shape of that beautiful mouth. Oh, hell, I'll get used to it.

That penguin walk concerns me because he's so hypermobile in the ankles and so he drags his entire foot to walk fast rather than rolling through the feet. Hope he gets a little training or physical therapy for that someday.

He did very very well and I"m so glad that everyone at the show loved him. And I love New York

When jojoct and I stopped at the security gate in West Point the guard told us that his wife was attending the Clay Aiken show. I asked him if he liked Clay, too. With a wonderful New Yawkuh accent he answered, " What's not to love? He's like a skinny teddy bayuh!" :allgood:

eta: Do you guys find it offensive and ghastly that Cookie said, "I don't care where that hand's been"? Yeah, maybe he didn't look so thrilled, but I believe the woman meant it as a true statement of support like "Fuck that Kelly Ripa!" I can't believe the hate she's getting. Okay, it wouldn't be me- but vive la difference. He did seem to recoil a tad when she said that. I don't think he understood the intention of her remark. The woman is so clearly devoted to him.

Edited by Divayenta

Yeah, he seemed a tad uncomfortable, didn't want to be grabbed or touched much. He seemed OK and sweet during the "quiz show" though. I thought it was hysterical how little she knew for an "obsessed" fan.

I think his discomfort comes from his humility...he just can't imagine that someone would be so cra...enthusiastic to do this...for him. That is where all the snarking was coming from...and I think he was not too huggy because of his cold. Later on during the quiz he said that he was giving her his cold so he was very aware of that.

I thought she was a great sport and I really enjoyed the fact that she was so clueless about him. It created lots of funny moments during the quiz. I think that tells me she is not really that invested in his career but is just enjoying what he does and seeing him in concert...and simply tries to help as much as she can...No trying to do Clay;s marketing strategy for him or trying to be his mother...just a very grateful fan.

I say YAY for cookie.

That sweet lady is happily married for 40 years and is having the time of her life. I don't think anyone has mentioned this but she kissed Clay's hand and said "And I don't care where that hand's been , honey!" BWAH!

I've seen it called "ugly" on other boards. Whoa. I haven't seen it for myself, so I guess I should reserve judgement, but really, I have to think that people are processing this through some major filters to get to that kind of a statement.

Oh, Diva darling! This is priceless!

What's not to love? He's like a skinny teddy bayuh!"
He IS, He IS!

Going slightly nuts here since I MUST get a shitload of work done today after being out of the office yesterday at the trade show. And being assigned a senior discount without my requesting it...and shit like that.:huh::cry4:

Edited by muskifest

I've seen it called "ugly" on other boards. Whoa. I haven't seen it for myself, so I guess I should reserve judgement, but really, I have to think that people are processing this through some major filters to get to that kind of a statement.

OK...I admit...I saw it quite fast...have to see it again...but it was Mike who put Clays hands up to her mouth..I don;t really know if she kissed it but I thoguht her quip that she does not mind where his hand has been either was very witty and fun.

OMG why should fans turn this really lovely woman and this very fun appearance into something ugly.

sigh...

lets talk about that nice coat...and the dancing with Juliet!!! I thoguht it was very debonair myself...they were all sitting and these girls sang I wanna dance with somebody and Clay stood up pulled juliet in his arms and proceeded to dance with her...SWOOOON...

need to make a GIF of that one!!!