#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

That sweet lady is happily married for 40 years and is having the time of her life. I don't think anyone has mentioned this but she kissed Clay's hand and said "And I don't care where that hand's been , honey!" BWAH!

I've seen it called "ugly" on other boards. Whoa. I haven't seen it for myself, so I guess I should reserve judgement, but really, I have to think that people are processing this through some major filters to get to that kind of a statement.

OK...I admit...I saw it quite fast...have to see it again...but it was Mike who put Clays hands up to her mouth..I don;t really know if she kissed it but I thoguht her quip that she does not mind where his hand has been either was very witty and fun.

OMG why should fans turn this really lovely woman and this very fun appearance into something ugly.

sigh...

lets talk about that nice coat...and the dancing with Juliet!!! I thoguht it was very debonair myself...they were all sitting and these girls sang I wanna dance with somebody and Clay stood up pulled juliet in his arms and proceeded to dance with her...SWOOOON...

need to make a GIF of that one!!!

Yeah, that, Ansa....It's amazing what people can make out of a two second clip, ain't it? :pod:

Yikes - it looks like the Clack of the show is coming via some good-sized files. I may have to download overnight, and watch the whole show tomorrow. Thank goodness for the screencaps, and for the hawt-looking hair and impossibly broad shoulders they show. I think I'll actually, you know, watch the whole show before I offer my opinions on how it went (or should have gone) and marketing plans and how Clive screwed this appearance up and whatnot. ;)

Clay leaving the studio.

Wonder who he's talking to?

departure2.jpg

My opinion is there are some fans who get pleasure from bitching. They get pleasure in ferreting out any tiny bit of negativity in anything Clay does - or doesn't - do. They pretend they know more than anyone connected with Clay, and Clay himself, and criticize everything that happens. They derive great pleasure from this. And all too often they ruin an otherwise fun experience for other fans.

Instead of enjoying a Clay appearance, or song, or concert or something, they go on and on about what was wrong with it.

Makes me wonder why they're here if everything is so bad?

Now, they more than have a right to their opinions and the right to state their opinions. But they also have a tendency to tell anyone who disagrees with them that they are wrong, naive, don't know what they're talking about or they are just very condescending to them. That is what gets me angry.

And they are so predictable. You know just which ones will bitch.

Luckily, I do believe they are the minority. Unfortunately, they are very vocal.

:pod:

I've snuck a look at the first of the 6 segments (otherwise known as "working" *g*). He's simply adorable, and there are no words to describe how much I loved the karaoke segment. I think the rocker dude, and Clay and Mike with the lighters, was my most favorite part.

Cookie looks to be a real sweetheart, a very nice woman who simply loves Clay Aiken and isn't afraid to show it. More power to her.

Clay and I have a connection -- I can't drive a stick shift either!

Hopefully I'll get to see this entire thing tonight.....

Now, they more than have a right to their opinions and the right to state their opinions. But they also have a tendency to tell anyone who disagrees with them that they are wrong, naive, don't know what they're talking about or they are just very condescending to them. That is what gets me angry.

It makes my blood boil as well...and it makes me shake my head in frustration.

Claygasm, another great rant. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

muski -- BWAH!!!!

I've snuck a look at the first of the 6 segments (otherwise known as "working" *g*). He's simply adorable, and there are no words to describe how much I loved the karaoke segment. I think the rocker dude, and Clay and Mike with the lighters, was my most favorite part.

Cookie looks to be a real sweetheart, a very nice woman who simply loves Clay Aiken and isn't afraid to show it. More power to her.

Clay and I have a connection -- I can't drive a stick shift either!

Hopefully I'll get to see this entire thing tonight.....

It makes my blood boil as well...and it makes me shake my head in frustration.

Claygasm, another great rant. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I hear ya honey. I've been on the receiving end of that "condescension" 'tude more than once. And so have others. Damn, I hate pompousness and superiority and "My opinion is more educated and valid than your little thought". Always hated that kind of thinking, always will. It's like a bad sorority or something. Hee. The only sororities at my rebellious school, UCSC, were goodies like "Felta Thigh", "Pigma Sty" and my favorite, "Delta Ki"! :rainbowsmile

Edited by Divayenta

Diva, I know what you mean. There is little I hate more than people talking down to me like I am some kind of idiot!

Grrrrrrr!

On to something infinitely more pleasant.......

Lookie!

You can stream videos from the Mike and Juliet website!!!

He's adorable!

Edited by Claygasm

sheesh wusses - can't drive a shift - didn't you ever have a sports car? I drove my trans am convertible into a gas station once and the attendent came up to me admiring my car, and asked me if it was my son's car. I was 30. birthday14.gif

As far as Cookie on the show - heh, I could have taken her so fast in that trivia contest. They should never have awarded her the trip, but used that money to give cell phones to the people sitting inthe "VIP room"! I just would not have gotten Clay's middle school teacher, because really, who cares?

Thanks for the streaming links, Claygasm. I too love just watching him interact with those around him. The clip about the USO care packages was funny, especially when they decided that it would be a good idea to give Clay a glue stick. *g*

As far as the trivia goes -- I would have done just a'right. Didn't know his principal's name, though.

play, I tried to learn to drive a stick once, and then managed to stall the car out in the middle of a busy intersection and couldn't get it going again. That was enough for me. Maybe that will be one of those things I'll get around to learning when I'm 60.

BTW, I thought Cookie was adorable at the end of the quiz clip. 40 years of marriage, her husband is cool with her loving Clay (and seems to be a fan himself)....what sweetness. Love her.

Claygasm, I loved your observation of Alpha Guy repressing his natural competitiveness. He was holding off, holding off and then DING!...Oops , it just went off....he is beyond adorable.

The more he learned about Cookie, it seemed to me, the more relaxed he became around her. Especially when she said she's considering auctioning off the "Claymobile" for BAF. What a great idea.

Some of the worlds' greatest "helpers" are "eccentrics", over -the- toppers, and so forth. Not always the shy, little good girls. Like me. Except not.

eta: hee,jmh- you should've seen me learning "stick" on the steep northern Californian hills. I had to double shift. Anyone remember that? Musk, couch? My older brother got religion trying to teach his little sister the shift. My best friend who was Catholic, got rope burns from her rosary beads when riding with me.

Edited by Divayenta

Love the highlights in his hair...but my personal preference is for his hair to be lighter than it is...Unfortunately, he must've lost my number 'coss he didn't ask me to offer my opinion before getting this latest dye job.

heh

Would that be a DJ? :medium-smiley-070:

I've just finished watching the clack from today.

To Cookie:

:hugs-1::da_best:

I thought the entire show was so much fun. I couldn't stop grinning the entire time. He's smart, he's funny, he's friendly, he's adorable. I really, really enjoyed his interactions with Cookie, and I think diva may be right, as he got to know her more, he seemed to warm up to her that much more. Perfectly understandable to me, because she really was a sweet woman. Sure, she dressed her car up -- but why not? It's her money, her car. The trivia game was cute too. I just loved everything about this.

I hope she doesn't read most of the boards. Sheesh!! It's one thing to object; it's another to be haughty and cruel.

:ruserious:

:drama:

I hope Cookie is lurking here. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

couchie, are you going to miss ER this evening too? *g*

Am I just a bitter mean fan because I am enjoying taht the AI ratings are down a little bit - maybe over exposure - why watch the show when all the best bits will be on the news shows? Especially with this best ever year?

I try to be an even handed person, and it is not just because of Clay, but I feel the show has jumped the shark in it's disrespect of talent - all talent, not just Clay. The judges are convinced it is all aboput them, the producers think it is all about drama and trainwreck, they miss what is changing.

Am I just a bitter mean fan because I am enjoying taht the AI ratings are down a little bit - maybe over exposure - why watch the show when all the best bits will be on the news shows? Especially with this best ever year?

I try to be an even handed person, and it is not just because of Clay, but I feel the show has jumped the shark in it's disrespect of talent - all talent, not just Clay. The judges are convinced it is all aboput them, the producers think it is all about drama and trainwreck, they miss what is changing.

Its still a juggernaut in the ratings game. Its numbers have been about double or more than its nearest competitor. And as the season goes on, the rating tend to better and better.

I don't think its anywhere near jumping the shark. At least not yet!