#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

I wouldn't go. I'd rather stay home and watch on TV if I couldn't get into the studio, or have a direct view. I loved my view of September's GMA through the window, but why go to NY to sit in another room? I suppose he might step in for a minute and wave at ya. Or not. Anyway, you should be in tip-top shape for the doggies.

(((muski)))

play...if you enjoy just hanging with other fans and the excitement of the whole show I would go. But it that is not your thing...I'd stay home.

Uh, Clay content [since Ansa is apparently in a Admin-y mood today]? I bet he's got strong bones to go with his big white teeth.

Hee I was so adminy I even threw myself a...ummm..hmm...do we throw a stiletto???whats the consensus on that??? heeee

off to see if the chosen one is a woman...cos I sure hope it wasn't one of those guys...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 13 more hours to Clay hour on M&J....EEEEEEEEEEEEE

so I wonder if we get some clay sightins in some karaoke...hee

:hugs-1: to muski...sucky days really suck, don't they?

play, I'd probably do it, but I'm not you. What is this VIP room? I don't totally understand.... But do what you think would be best, or the most exciting, or whatever....

Ansa, I'd suggest that we throw something like tomatoes. Unfortunately, they stain, but hey, why not.

I cannot wait until this show tomorrow....I love his personality that comes out when he's on talk shows. He's so damn charming!

Bottle you are a bad girl.

Muski, you crack me up girl. Now my mom, who is 67 but when she is well (not like most of last year) she'll pass for 55. And frankly while it may be a big ass compliment to her when people ask if we're sisters, I just don't see how it is one for me. Anyhoo....She tries her best not too grow old but let me tell you..nobody likes a senior citizen discount better than her. Shocked the hell out of me.

It'll be great to see Clay again ..is that tomorrow. I'm so out of it.

Ansa and I will be tearing down and rebuilding FCA. I'll be getting rid of FCAM and incorporating it all into one site. What's great heh, is that we won't be using dreamweaver, it's all web based so will be able to enlist some helpers. That's your cue to run and hide... especially jmh and cindylu ha.

Any GA fans out here...I'm so thrilled my favorite character is getting her own spin off. Whoo Hoo. But the wailing and gnashing of teeth in GA land is as bad as anything I've seen in Clay Nation. Lawd Jesus help me it's sho nuff bad out there..

Excuse my Color Purple dialect...I'm still in shock that somebody gave Fantasia an acting gig. I love that girl to death but acting...that's something she can not do.

Well, here is the thing, I am not a celebrity hound, I enjoy my fandom at a distance (except at concerts). But I replied they should save me a space, they seem to have made a large room. Would it show the fandom dropped off if people don't show up?

Well, I am finishing the laundry and will be coloring my hair (I noticed a grey streak in front - happens to everyone sooner or later, I can name someone we all know who had it happen in her 20's , so I can't complain)

ETA - I can probably grab a 2 hour nap between the show and dog walking.

Edited by playbiller

Ansa and I will be tearing down and rebuilding FCA. I'll be getting rid of FCAM

Ok I'll be dumb! What is FCAM? And should I be concerned that it's going when I never went there*g* God I hate to miss anything!! I don't mind helping out...Oh I can't believe I wrote that!

Play...I went grey at 21 so don't feel bad. That's when I first dyed my hair purple! I'm always changing the colour...my DH says it keeps life interesting. (if you know what I mean...wink wink)

FCAM is FCA media. ITs just our collcetion of audio and some video files...

yup the new FCA which I hope will open in two weeks will be very interactive. We can recruit reporters and writers to fill up our blogs and keep us up to date with the latest Clay events. i am so excited...

so if people are interested in joining the FCA team just let us know.

I second Claygasms recommendation. It seems like they are trying to find the next Jennifer hudson this year and they found some pretty great candidates.

Sign me up for the new FCA media team!!!!

EEEEEEEE thats great...we may need people to keep up with radio news or latest on BAF etc...

I found htis blog report from CH:

NitE with ClaY AiKeN.

Current mood: confused

so... I get a phone call. Telling me I'm on a "list" and to go to this Bar in Midtown at 5:10pm. I show up...meet my friend E. We r told NO cameras & NO autographs.

It was set up like a Kareoke bar... so I sang. "When Doves CrY." by Prince.

then Clay Aiken walked in.

they moved a couch so He could sit and watch the kareoke event. he seemed nice. and a bit under the weather...coughing on my friends knee acouple of times.

I enjoyed the evening...met a girl name jane. a boy named blue.

and Finally got to hang with Clay...

and at this very minute that song..."Invisible" is running through my head and i want it to go away.

Sign me up for the new FCA media team!!!!

EEEEEEEE thats great...we may need people to keep up with radio news or latest on BAF etc...

I'm really interested in media still as well.

Edited by jmh123

Well, I am all ready and it is too late to go. I slept though the alamr for part of the morning, if it was 15 minutes ago, I would give it a try, but no may to drive into NYC (45 minutes) and still get to mid town by 7:30. There are some moring routines that you have to do (take dog out - she had diarhea, brush teeth, take blood pressure 3 times, take moring medication, comb hair, eyebrows <_important for blondes). By the time I finished that and got dressed, I looked at a clock and that was that.

I am a bad fan.

Edited by playbiller

Well, I am all ready and it is too late to go. I slept though the alamr for part of the morning, if it was 15 minutes ago, I would give it a try, but no may to drive into NYC (45 minutes) and still get to mid town by 7:30. There are some moring routines that you have to do (take dog out - she had diarhea, brush teeth, take blood pressure 3 times, take moring medication, comb hair, eyebrows <_important for blondes). By the time I finished that and got dressed, I looked at a clock and that was that.

I am a bad fan.

Well we can do commentary together....

I see that, per reports from the CB, the "VIP Green Room" is actually a set of bleachers on the street. I think you're doing the right thing by giving this a pass, playbiller.

Yeah for Clay on TV! Boo for him maybe being sick. Can't wait for the reports and hopefully screencaps for those of us trapped at work.

shouldn't that be called VIP seating in the great out doors? I dont seea room mentioned there.

It is actually not a bad morning, but it gives me a chance to walk the dogs beforethe snow. Maybe I can take a rest for a while and then take more out. I know my dog would put up quite a lot of complaining if I only took her on 20 minute walks, she is kind of spoiled, as could be seen last night when she kept dropping toys on the bed while I was trying to sleep. When I didn't respond she would smack me with her paw. I do have to get her on a more normal schedule. We spent 2 hours in the park yesterday, yet she still wanted to play when I got home.

Whoo hoo, they just announced an ice storm on it's way Sunday.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{play}}}}}}}}}}}}}, although it sounds as if VIP seating is so "VIP," IMO.

What time does the show start for you guys? In other words, what time should I really be following the board? *g*

I hope Clay does well today, although, again, damn it, why does he have to be coughing (if that blog report is true)? Is it the air in NYC that does him in? Stress? Allergies? If it is the latter -- dude, get allergy shots. They'll help somewhat....

As for the new and improved FCA -- well, shoot, I'd volunteer to help, but you probably don't want me. I'm one of those people that tends to start things and then fades out...such as my OCOCE rating (which I swear is ALMOST done....just need to find the time to whittle down 12 clips to 3). Right now, I'm just happy deleting spam-bot members from the message board (4 of them this morning....).

The show airs live at 9:00 EST.

A couple of reports:

Only 21 people were let into the studio - they are apparently holding the remaining 31 studio spots for "VIPs". If "VIPs" don't show up, other fans will be let in. So lots of people who were in line with tickets did not get in. The poor audience coordinator gal did not look happy.

The folks who got in are currently in a basement area, eating bagels and drinking coffee. They'll be taken upstairs to the studio at around 8:20 am; supposedly they will be able to take their phones into the studio with them.

The bleachers outside on the street are the "VIP green room" area that fans were told about. They are close to the studio windows, but the view inside isn't great - can only see the side of the stage. They have put a tv and speakers outside by the bleachers.

The M&J staff talked about how they all went out to a nearby bar with Clay last night and taped a segment.

The M&J staff also interviewed (on camera) some of the fans in line before they were let inside.

And:

We just had an Update on Clay Day from my local Philly Fox morning show

Clay didn't sing last night (he's sick) -- he was a "judge" instead -- Juliet sang some Vanessa Carlton song and he critiqued her and some others

They showed a few people sitting on the bleachers -- talked about the Philly fan club, someone in a red Saturn is going to meet Clay (sounds like maybe the "Claymobile" girl?) -- I hope this isn't going to be more about the "weird fans"

Just got a call from anntherese54. She's outside on the bleachers with around a hundred other people. Clay arrived at the studio with Mary and Jamie at around 7:30. Production people are VERY nice. One of them told the fans that they had to spend a lot of money to get those bleachers set up outside. It was kind of a last minute decision...they were going to have them inside but changed their minds since the weather wasn't bad. The Claymobile car is there on the street and has been filmed for the show. Anntherese54 said that a person (the owner, I assume) was filmed inside the car, reading a paperback copy of "Learning to Sing." TV and speakers outside for the bleacher fans. She's seen Winkydink and Butterflyshines there also. Some of the standby fans did get into the studio, but I don't know how many.

Good Day Atlanta just interviewed M&J this morning about Clay.

They said they went to the Karoke bar last night and Clay did not sing because

he was having some vocal problems. They have a tape of last night

and said it was hilarious. They showed the overflow outside and said

that there were people there since 1:30 this morning.

Can.not.wait. (Although I'll have to until this evening - ARRGGH!) I think this is going to be a really fun show.