#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Eh, I think any fan who gets special notice from Clay is going to get shredded by somebody. I saw the fan video of the tattoo girls getting their signatures at the CD signing, and I could hear mucho whining in the background wondering what was going on and why the women were getting extra attention from Clay and holding up the line. Human nature, I guess...

You have a good point...that is why I usually just ignore those kind of things cos you know its just plain jealousy. I guess what disturbed me was the suspicion that if Cookie looked more like Juliet, then these same people would be cheering that segment as good for Clay. That kind of discrimination is what I can't stand. We get it enough from the media I don't need to hear it from within the fandom...

Furthermore, the idea that we can somehow help Clay's marketing by dictating who should be sitting in the front rows and being featured by the media as his fans is whats very disturbing to me.

on to another topic...DAMN Muski...I agree with Bottle...that chapter is not good for productivity.

I have a request.

For some reason my picture collection seems to be missing any Tyra pictures! Not a single screencap. Nothing. I do not know how this happened! I am ashamed of myself for not having any! What kind of shallow fan am I??? He looked so good on Tyra and I have no pictures???????

Could someone post some so I can save them to my collection? I understand it will be a hardship for everyone to look at them again, but take pity of this deliquent fan - please?????

I thank you in advance.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I have bad news.....I just got back from observing the line of ClayMates waiting to see if they qualify as smart'n'sexy'n'savvy older, no, wait, mature women, and thus be suitable for representin' as Clay fans.....sadly, the line passes right by a tavern, and I fear these fans are not gonna make the cut.....

oldkittykat4Clay, after two beers.....dkitty1.jpg

hasNE1seenmyfleacollar123, after three glasses of wine....dkitty2.jpg

Hey!whomovedthelitterbox747, after four kamikazes..... dkitty3.jpg

Almost the entire FCA group, after a few shared bottles of wine.....dkitty4.jpg

purring4Clay, after a few Margaritas.....dkitty5.jpg

pickofthelitterluvsClay, after two bottles of Jack Daniels.....(oops...looks like a Claydawg - doesn't he know guys are exempt from preferred fan demographics?)dkitty5a.jpg

And - after a loooong wait - 2 beers, 3 glasses of wine, 4 kamikazes, some Margaritas, and a bottle of Jack shared with those 'mates from FCA....some sort of minion.... dkitty6.jpg

Edited by djs111

djs, I'm not even getting the red X's, I'm just getting the description of your pictures.

I'd try saving each picture to your hard drive, and then uploading them to something like photobucket (make sure the uploading option is for "message board"). Once they in photobucket, you can post the pictures to the board using the IMG feature.

If you need help, PM or email me.

Speaking of images....

tyra4.jpg

tyra6.jpg

tyra_banks.jpg

I'm uploading more to the my photobucket....hold on....

TyraCap2.jpg

TyraCap3.jpg

TyraCap4.jpg

TyraCap7.jpg

TyraCap9.jpg

Three more...

TyraCap9b.jpg

TyraCap9d.jpg

TyraClay.jpg

I think these may be images that you can not hot link to, you might have to save them and repost them.

OK, repost from Photbucket not google.

Photobucket allows you to upload from a web url, saves the time fo saving to my hard drive.

Edited by playbiller

I have a request.

For some reason my picture collection seems to be missing any Tyra pictures! Not a single screencap. Nothing. I do not know how this happened! I am ashamed of myself for not having any! What kind of shallow fan am I??? He looked so good on Tyra and I have no pictures???????

Could someone post some so I can save them to my collection? I understand it will be a hardship for everyone to look at them again, but take pity of this deliquent fan - please?????

I thank you in advance.

28 photobucket pages of Tyra screencaps - saved by starhorse at CV. I hit it up occasionally when I need to post a picture in muski's story thread.

A little movin' and groovin'

TyraDance.gif

Too damn cute for his own good

Tyradimple.gif

A bit of a soap box again from me...scroll if you want....

I think what makes me the most sad about the past 18 hours or so in the fandom is this: where's the squeeing and eeeing over the fact that boyfriend was cute, handsome, smart, funny, self-depricating, and just plain pretty cool?!?!?! Instead, it's been talk about one of Clay's fans, and nothing but talk (some of it not particularly nice). OK....so maybe Cookie did use the Claymobile to have an "in" with Clay at some point. And whether you like that or not, it's not really my point.

I joined this fandom with the idea that many of us were being 12 again. Saying to ourselves "what a cute guy." Saying "what a fantastic voice." Saying "isn't he just the bestest boyfriend ever?" These were the kinds of things that real star-struck 12-year-olds would say, and it was a lot of FUN. Now, however, it sure seems as if the inner fangirl on more than a few people has simply up and died. For what reason? I do not know. And what's sad to me is that these few, vocal, missing-the-fangirl-gene, have affected so much of the rest of the fandom. I mean, even here -- there was less squeeing and eeeing and more "grumble grumble grumble" over what was said by others in the fandom. I say that as someone who was not immune to this either, I did my share of grumbling.

I guess my point is that it just simply seems that there is no joy in Clayville anymore. And that makes me sad. OTOH, I will try my darndest to keep MY joy up and running, through this place.

:fca:

Oh, and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Wasn't Clay cute yesterday? I love him.

Yay - DJS fixed her post - I can seethe photos!!!!!!!eatdrink048.gif

I recognize some of those - Give me while and you would see me with a bag over my head in a very dark room Wine = migraine

Since I don't see anyone with a bag over their head or buried under the covers, I guess I don't fit in here either, sniff

So who is in toilet?

12 Pfft, I thought we all grew up to 13 now - isn't that what makes us so snotty and know it all? Aren't all 13 year olds like that? - know better than their teachers and parents. taunt012.gif

Edited by playbiller

OK so why do I now feel guilty and kind of squcky for taking binoculars to a Clay concert?

Hee couchie...I would not be surpised! I have a feeling I'm on somebody's list*g*

Edited by merrieeee

BWAH djs111!!! That was hysterical.

And thank you ldyj and bottle for the Tyra pics.

Isn't our boyfriend adorable?????

And ldyj - you're right. The ones that seem to be sucking the joy from this fandom are very successful. But MOST of the time, this place is joyful. I guess every so often we even get bitchy here. We're not immune.

The difference is - I think the joy comes back here faster than any Clay place anywhere!

Oh Clay!! Clay!! Can I ask you something??? img0332taglg7.jpg

Thanks, Clay. The question is, don't you think the women at FCA are the best and most joyful of all Clay fans? img0336tagzh5.jpg

Clay? Say something! img0334taghx5.jpg

Clay???? Please say something! IMG_1008_filtered.jpg

CLAY??IMG_1007_filtered.jpg

FCAKISS.jpgAwwww, Clay! I knew you loved us best of all!!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Evening ladies,

Once again, I have enjoyed the spirited conversation that has been going on for a couple of days. I have been on the down low (really down, I fell down and broke my ring finger). Just puffy and blushish, but I will live. Giving a shout out to all my friends. Muski have a good time this weekend at the tourniment. Bottle, hope you had a good birthday. As for the broken finger,

So I have an op date of March 9th to fix said finger. I hope I have plenty of drugs until then LOL. It really hurts like hell and I type for a living. What a blessing..... NOT!!!! :allgood:

So again to all my friends at FCA :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Back to watching the Clay offerings from yesterday....

Edited by georgiaclay

Aw, georgia sweetie, you've really been hit with stuff lately, haven't you? :garfieldodie-grouphug:

And even this guy has his fingers crossed for your rapid recovery.

GrandRapidscrossed.jpg

CG, Clay really does look like he's itching to say something in that series of pictures, doesn't he? It's right on the tip of his tongue... If he'd only release it...

:hugs-1: to GeorgiaClay Take care of your fingers and we will send you good vibes and prayers on the day of your surgery. I'm impressed though...no typo's despite your broken finger.

:hugs-1:

all around...

My tips for enjoying Clack...never check certain boards for real time reactions. If you want to Chat about the appearance come to FCA or set up a chat with like minded friends...DO NOT check certain boards for real time reaction...have fun with the clack first...talk about it among friends and squeee before checking the other boards. That way no one can take that inital joy away from you...and once you do venture into other boards its easier to take other people's reactions.

Hey we haven't had a listening party this year!!! what about a watching party???we can rewatch M&J and gab about it for two hours...

just an idea...

Well! I'm appropriatedly 'broken in' as a poster of some controversial content, I guess. I'm getting quoted, but only WORDed by one person! :medium-smiley-070: CMSU!

ME? I DON"T DO ANY OF THAT STUFF! :o :3:

NOPE, NOPE! HUH-UH...NOW WAY...NOT MOI! :26: :26:

Ahem....okie dokey...the same reactions I'm sure some people had after Clay's blog suggesting that his every word on blogs is dissected and autopsied to death.

hee! :em0200: I'm diggin' this new posting thang...yeppers, sho' am! :rainbowsmile:

So, family is in a hotel/motel in a little town. Alex gets to stay in a separate room with three of her teammates---fun for them. Carrie will sleep on the pullout sofa..And there's no jacuzzi in the room like my confirmation said! :angry: ah well...at this point in our physical conditions, we probably wouldn't have fit in the danged thing together anyway! :unsure:

PS...CG...love your picture story....I bet I could tickle out those things that he's holding on that long, supple tongue of his....oh yes, I could.

Edited by muskifest

Hey gang -- just got back from a local college production of "Our American Cousin." Yes, the play that was produced at Ford's Theater in Washington, DC in the mid 1860's. Very interesting play -- very quaint in the humor. At the same time, kinda creepy....I mean, knowing what eventually happened that fateful night.....

YAY!!!!! djs got the pictures in! I'm not sure which cat I'd be....but at least I'd know I was with friends here at FCA. A good drunk bender here would be hella fun. *g*

georgia....take care sweetie! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

merieeee, always bring binoculars to a Clay show, no MATTER where you sit! I have no problem with it, and I would venture there are others who feel the same way.

CG, loved your photomontage. And the ending....simply brilliant. (But then, I've always imagined Clay giving me that kind of a kiss on the cheek...*sigh*)

As for muski....well, I'll just WORD you here. Does that count? Have a great weekend, even without the jacuzzi. (BTW, nice use of mirrors this afternoon.....WHEW! :hubbahubba: )

Oh, lordy, merrieee don't feel sorry about taking binoculars! Smart people take binoculars---even people in the first rows...there's ALWAYS something about Clay that merits magnification...heh!

No, in my post elsewhere I merely suggested three or so examples of behavior that indicates planning or (in someone else's words) "scheming"---like, supposedly, Cookie did by contacting the show. This act of scheming translates to her as being a famewhore, etc. I pointed out that applying such a broad description of the word 'scheme' would certainly include lots of behaviors of a lot of fans and then named a few.

Some were not amused.

A few seemed absolutely incensed since none of the things I listed was anything they'd personally done. Ergo...the post's premise is NOT logical or possible. :huh:

I actually think the challenging posts were more in reaction to someone's addition to my words in which she said that not one of 'us' was innocent of such things.

whatever....if the description of the behavior doesn't fit you, don't wear it, you know? :medium-smiley-070:

Personally, I haven't done the things I listed---well now, wait a minute. I HAVE! At the Winston Salem KrispyKreme signing I gave a SpongeBobSquarepants pillow dressed in black silk boxers that a bunch of women had signed! and asked him to give it to Clay (who was sitting right inside the car and saw me handing it to Jerome). Then I carried a sign to the Sacto IT that had a picture of Clay in a SpongeBob costume (on which I'd drawn black boxers...heh) and I even went up to Jerome before the concert and asked if he remembered me giving him the pillow and had he actually given it to Clay. We had a nice conversation, actually.

So yeah, I've 'schemed'. And I'm over 50. So I guess that makes me a scheming old fan, doesn't it?

:medium-smiley-070: :nana:

Well, after a PM, I went back to clarify my statement about innocence is in the eye of the beholder - I meant that someone will not like what you do somewhere - this is the most disagreeable set of fans - never approving of each other, heh. I don't think people check backwards anymore, but I just did not want to be a postwhore - it was so drummed into my head at TWOP - I really wonder how so many people can post several times on the same page. It seems so..... wrong. I really have to learn how to break habits, I am to stuck in a rut.

Then my darn computer restarted itself. I hate when that updates crap starts - stinking micorsoft software.

FYI, someone, possibly not Carrie fans, but may be, are using spamming programs in the Clear channel voting video battle between Clay and Carrie - it is so noticeable because you work for an hour and get Clay's numbers up there and 5 minutes later it has all reversed. Then you can increase Clay's number until they run their program again.

IU don't think I would care so much if it were not a clear channel poll.

merrieee, behave! Guilt about binoculars, my butt.

Just to make myself consistent (because Lord knows I think everyone knows my opinions on anything everywhere), I posted this elsewhere. Y'all are welcome to mock if you like.

One of the joys of posting on a public forum on the Internet is that your words have been placed for public consumption - especially when talking about non-whatever-the-hell-board-you-are-posting-on-at-that-moment members. The good gets taken around along with the bad. I admit, I'm one that as long as I'm quoted correctly and in context, I'm cool with it because in general, if I don't mean it, I don't say it. And I don't say it on a message board without accepting I have no control over how others respond to what I say, whether it's to agree or disagree or find it humorous or annoying or stupid or the most brilliant thing ever. I also prefer such things to be up front, rather than in back channels, but I also know that's a fruitless request as well.

I'm with somebody earlier who I will look up in a minute - I don't care about Clay's marketing. Or demographics. Because in most scenarios I've seen, I clearly am not one of the favored groups. And as far as I can tell, Clay likes having me for a fan as much as anybody else. And Clay managed to acquire me without any marketing of any type. Just like the other artist I like. And maybe the people I know are just special, what other fans are like does not affect how I like an artist. The people I have played Clay for have ranged the spectrum of age and race (I would add gender but using the word "spectrum" is iffy for me). And no one's looked at our differences to decide whether to like or dislike Clay.

As for "schemes" (and I find "scheme" to be a very loaded word - with a strong implication of "nefarious"), hell, we have no idea how many fans do call and plot and offer themselves up in various ways to get close to Clay - some have done it from the beginning of the fandom. From getting into M&G to screaming madly at concerts to throwing stuff up on stage to dressing up to coordinating some group "look at me Clay" thing to writing books to selling all kinds of stuff, etc., etc., etc. Not all of these were done to get Clay's attention - some started that way and continued just for themselves. I'm not seeing the support/complaints about Cookie any differently than any other "good fan/bad fan" thing in the past.