# 9 He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• He's a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.
    • Clay live just replentishes my soul.
    • There's so much more in life (and in Clay) to enjoy, celebrate, and savor.
    • Oh. My. God...on so many levels!
    • The world needs more Clay Aikens.
    • All done darling, all done. All finished.
    • Clay isn't the only good guy out there. He's just the one we love the most.
    • It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.
    • He sells himself so very well.
    • Teefy, toofy; Smiley, goofy; windky, "wonky;" My favorite "honky!"
    • He is simply doing his thing...quietly...without fanfare...what a beautiful thing.
    • That doesn't mean that I don't still think that he is super hawt and that I'd like to lick him...
    • He was cute, he sings pretty, he teases people, and he's sexy.

Every time I see IGB my mind automatically sees 1 GB as in 1 gigabyte memory card. I instinctively look for a price.
Ah! Someone finally said it! I'm right there with you, Karen Eh?!!

Oooh...."Muskitell" hee! and "Love Your Musk" Love em....

Gotta give a vote for the KAndre's Kandid Opinions for the Minions, though! That rocks :medium-smiley-070:

Couchie and I had a great walk, with Shadow pulling me all the way....then we sat our butts down and blahblahblah'd for a while....gonna grab some chow and then settle down to watch THE SHOW.

Beating a dead horse over and over and over - do you know there is a rumor Clay is leaving RCA? - well it is the longest exit I have ever seen - and why won't that damn company stop featuring him on their web site and updating (albeit rarely) his company web page.

How many time can the same stories be recycled before people actually see that what the insiders say does not exactly happen? I am still waiting for those amazing reviews of ATDW and the hot video Clay filmed from the OFC insider that people still listen too??????

Oh well - I will go and watch that excellent ET interview again - it makes me so happy. Nothing like a good hit of Clackto bring you to the happy place!

O/T does anyone have an MP3 of K-Lo 's where the boys are? Someone is asking for it at IDF.

Thanks.

AH Kimmel strikes again - he was talking about the words to be banned from Hip Hop music and then said - he does not see how Clay Aiken will be able to record another album - not much of a laugh from the audience.

Edited by playbiller

That's actually kinda funny. I would have laughed.

I lost all my K-Lo when my computer crashed. I'm not even sure if I have the original disk of all her AI songs. I think I gave it away after i got my ipod. Darnit. That homemade CD was my first bit of Idol Klack... had that before I had anything of Clays.

I have Kim's Where the Boys Are. PM me and let me know where to send it.

The full quote from the Kimmel via ImNotWorthy is

Talking about Russell Simmons wants to ban the words nigger, bitch, and ho from rap music. Kimmel says if that happens, Clay Aiken will never be able to record another album.
I laughed out loud. Edited by artquest

The full quote from the Kimmel via ImNotWorthy is

Talking about Russell Simmons wants to ban the words nigger, bitch, and ho from rap music. Kimmel says if that happens, Clay Aiken will never be able to record another album.
I laughed out loud.

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter::funny:

Hee!!! Has Muskrat Love been nominated? :cryingwlaughter: Just kidding.

I actually love Muskitell and I also love the Opinions for the minions........

Ansamcw and playbiller, I loved your last two posts.

Real life has called me lately. I am trying to stay caught up with the reading, but not much time to post these last few days.

Totally, I am new here as well. What I like about this board are these simple things:

1. There are people here who either have, or are open to the idea of exploring, common sense.

2. I don't feel I have to be anyone's minion in order to be accepted or feel respected here.

3. I can post an opinion without having a handful of the "self made important experts & insider" people putting me on the defensive. Showing me the error of my thinking.

4. There is no dead horse beating going on here. NO PODDIES!!!

5. Even if there is disagreement over opinions, it is handled respectfully and you are not made to feel as if you have to leave or clam up.

Everyone has made me feel very welcomed here. Respect is the key word for me. I treat people according to how they treat me. If respect is shown, respect is given. I find that on some boards, it is extremely hard for me to want to show respect. When in Rome, do as the Romans, if you get my drift.

I think it would be worth your time to stick around. For me, I find so many people here who think like I do. Some people on here I am not familiar with, that much. That in itself, is like a breath of fresh air. (God I have always hated that saying.) LOL Now I need to get ready for work.

Nice post, Clayzorback. I would agree that it's not just respect for our fellow posters, it's also showing respect for Clay. As a bonus, there may be some surreptitious licking going on for time to time, hence the large number of tongue-centric emoticons.

:hubbahubba: :medium-smiley-070: :tongue09: : :cryingwlaughter::scream::biteme::tongue57: :medium-smiley-048: :medium-smiley-075:

2. I don't feel I have to be anyone's minion in order to be accepted or feel respected here.

Clayzorback, you just dangled your independence in front of KAndre. She loves challenges. And she loves independent women. Come over her. We'll keep each other strong. heee

Surreptitious, my butt.

Uh...now you know I love you, KAndre....but :unsure: surreptitious your butt ain't. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

May I now say that Totally should just get HER butt in gear and post. The woman's smart and smutty. She's fun and talented. She appreciates graphic sex in fiction. 'nuff said.

Plus, Clay's kissed her.

Ask her nicely and she might tell you the story.

(Damn...see? This is the perfect place for a whistling emoticon.... :angry22: )

Edited by muskifest

Darn I am too slow - I wanted to warn Clazorback as well - that comment just stuck out as a bit of heresy! Just watch out when theat bright and shining tiara comes around the corner!

Truthfully, I find it very hard to respect everyone's opinion, some are just - not based in reality an violate all the rules of common sense. I also have trouble with people who worry about Clay alllllll the time and seem to miss any enjoyment. A very special friend of mine once said that she had reached an age where she had less time and needed to concentrate ont eh friends that made her feel good and not so much on the ones that wallow in never ending unhappiness - oddly enough, she though I was one of the ones that made her feel good.

On the other hand, I can understand where some things get under people's skin and prickle or where they would question and discuss why things are happening or why A or B or C - it is just the definitive declarations, the definitive "insider" knowledge and the constant gnashing of teeth over things that have no happened yet that get to me. WHat is truely amazing is that it happens on so many boards - as if ambassadors of doom feel the need of spreading the message.

But enough of that - It is yet again a sunny day. and a wonderful time to get things done!!! All the while, I can listen to Clay on my MP3 player!!! Heh, torturing my neighbors while singing without music they cannot hear. Seems only fair. This past week I have been listening to all my old SImon and Garfunkle stuff, including their Tom and Jerry album. Listening to them grow and change over the years from their teens to Graceland. Now it is time to listen to Clay from demos through ATD.

Hope this doesn't fall under the category of abusing a dead equine, but I had been wondering how News Corporation's $5 million pledge to Idol Gives Back stacked up to their ad revenue from the show. I came across a blog entry this morning that linked back to a March 2007 article from Forbes.com that included the following numbers for AI:

Revenue per episode: 16.39 million

Average cost of a 30-sec ad: $745,000

Viewers: 32.4 million

The most expensive airtime on television, period.

Source: TNS Media Intelligence, Nielsen Media Research

Is all the teeth gnashing over IGB over yet? No, I know its not. I am so sick of the "Simon isn't sincere" crap - as if anyone can look into his heart. I am surprised at how many expressed surprise that Simon wasn't aware of the food banks in LA. Well, part of the reason for raising awareness that there are children in this country who are starving is that MANY people are not aware it exists! We see things on TV all the time about the starving children in other parts of the world but how often do we see anything about that happening here? There are so many in this country who have no clue that kind of desperate situation exists right here in our own very wealthy country. It is a common misconception that children are only starving in the poorest countries on this earth - not in the wealthiest. I thought having Simon admit to not being aware of that was very enlighting and it probably struck a chord with a lot of people who sat in their homes and thought "I didn't realize that either!".

Extreme poverty and the result of such is a dirty little secret in this country. When most people think of the homeless they think of old, dirty men lying on the sidewalks in the cities. That's who most think of when they think of food banks. Not families. Not children. As much as awareness of the plight of children in other countries is necessary, I am glad IGB is also raising awareness that the problem also exists right here. Its time to expose that dirty little secret and I am glad they are doing that.

I think the general dislike of all things AI and Simon in particular that exists in this fandom has made some cynical beyond belief. They can't see the good that may be done because of IGB and what's more, I think many are hoping it will fail as if that is somehow payback for the perceived evil AI has trust upon Clay.

JMO and all that.

numbers is numbers - facts is facts. What is to question here?

Actually, I had heard this before, but I think it varies on the time of the shows (for some obnoxious reason bad auditions get higher ratings - go figure. And once they had to give back money for a show that had lower ratings. Just once I think. It is a profitable show. I will be interested in hearing if they have advertising tonight or just PSAs and sponsor funding mentions (a la PBS)

Ah the sound of my dog waiting at the mail slot near the dor - just waitingto rip my mail appart - excuse me while I see if there was anything important in the mail.

Claygasm, poverty and homelessness used to be the "sexy" charity. Now obviously it is not in the forefront of people's mind. I know there are poor, hungry people right here in the US but really when do I think about it? During holidays when the obligatory story runs about the thousands of turkeys the local church is preparing to feed the hungry or the big food bank bin shows up in my office. I sitll get a little 'shocked" when I see extreme poverty. It's not just rich people that are living their lives ignoring the problem. The middle/working class are trying too hard to make it themselves, many living pay check to paycheck. Hell I'm shocked every time I walk out of a grocerty store.

If Simon said he didn't know about the poverty in the US I can see it being both eye rolling and a wake up call for people in the same place. I just gave $50 to a charity so I could get the field report from the cute little Ambassador so I'm not one to talk about somebody else's sincerity. Hell, I even have issues with UNICEF that haven't gone away just because Clay is an Ambassador. but couldn't resist that appeal.

Back on the shallow end of the pool, I just wanted to say that Clay can be as cute and adorable as all get out.....

Tyradimple.gif

And he can be hot as shit.....

P1030260_edited-3.jpg

And I really, really miss the beard..... :cry4:

That is all.

You know, I expressed my own "You've got to be kidding" reaction to Simon's surprise. Alex and I were watching and we both just turned to each other and shared a brain on the whole thing. I have no personal hatred of Simon Cowell. Don't know the man. I DID, however, find it somewhat eye-rolling to hear him having at "DUH" moment over how "another half" lives.

This man makes, what? about $50 million dollars a year? No doubt he surrounds himself with all the things such an amount can provide. No doubt his neighbors are not among the starving 'half'. No doubt he never wonders where his next cigarette or martini or filet mignon is coming from. No doubt he merely turns on the air conditioning when it's hot and cranks up the heat when he gets a chill. etc. And yes, he would not---in his life---be interacting on any real level with these other people who don't have food or shelter or an extra dessert.

But please. I cannot believe that anyone living in this country, walking down the streets, riding through neighborhoods---even if it's just the daily commute---has not been exposed to poverty, hunger, sickness and deprivation. Perhaps people who haven't experienced it---or for whatever other reason---can ignore what is out there in plain view; perhaps they put blinders on (I know I sometimes don't make eye contact with a homeless person on my way to get my daily Diet Coke); perhaps they're busy talking on their Blackberry, making their millions---whatever.

I just didn't warm up to the over-the-top "OMG! I had NO idea!" reaction from Mr. Cowell. He must know that not everyone has everything---even if he does. It just didn't feel good to me.

But if indeed this epiphany is sincere, I do hope he'll step up to the plate personally, not just through IGB. He mentioned that the food kitchen operation only requires one dollar to provide that sample bag of groceries. I hope he opens his very healthy wallet and shares some of his own dollars.

I tend to think in terms of percentages. If I make $10,000 per year and want to 'give', my contribution might not be as large in actual dollars as someone who makes $100,000 per year, but surely my $1,000 is just as, and perhaps even more reflective of my sincerity than $10,000 that someone might give. Conversely, if someone makes $1,000,000 per year and gives only $10,000? Percentage wise, not so impressive to me. I'd still say that the thousand given by someone who's living on $10,000 is more indicative of the 'spirit' of giving.

YVMV, of course, and probably does. I don't know anyone exemplifying those scenarios up there anyway. I know that Kenny and I don't give to charitable causes the kind of 'percentage' we 'should' (whatever that is), based on our income, so I can't really point fingers. I guess I'm just more comfortable with the kind of fundraising tactics used by UNICEF and other similar organizations than I am with this very commercial approach. It's kinda like all the award shows for the entertainment business, you know? Hard not to watch, but still questionable in its sincerity.

Whatevah...at the end of the day I just am grateful that some pretty impressive amounts of aid will be directed to good places AND that MAYBE some people who really have insulated themselves to real life truths will be nudged awake by all the fanfare.

Heavens, y'all are like herding cats! Ding dang it, why must the best minions be the independent thinker types?!?!? Well, I have a standard to maintain - my minions are the best in the business, and they are like Lay's - I can't stop at just one (or a couple of dozen, which is why my butt is not surreptitious, as one of my smart-assed minions pointed out).

And Claygasm and Couchie have a point - my sister were arguing just the other day about starvation and poverty in America (she's of the they're just lazy/unmotivated/mainly their own fault school of thought - we argue a LOT).

And if the show isn't profitable - it won't be on the air. And because it is at an unreal level of profitability, they can do something like IGB...because all the other shows we see on tv (except for PBS) are profitable and they sure as hell don't give back. I tend to be iffy on concept of the appropriate amount of corporate charities - because a corporation really isn't a monolithic entity - it's a lot of individuals with different priorities and needs.

Ah the sound of my dog waiting at the mail slot near the dor - just waitingto rip my mail appart - excuse me while I see if there was anything important in the mail.

Watch out for the precioussssssssssssssss ticketssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!! I found two unmarked envelopes in my mail yesterday, with pretties in side. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I watched IGB last night. I rolled my eyes a bit at Simon's reactions in Africa (he seemed more concerned for his own discomfort) and in America (duh, there are starving people here too) but overall, I didn't have a problem with the show in general. Ryan (who I normally dislike intensely) seemed fairly sincere. The contestants were pretty BLAH as usual, IMO. I am interested to see how they do with tonight's big special. I love Elvis so I hope they don't do something really tacky with his image. And I will be doing the happy dance the minute it ends, so we (and I use that in a very general way, not just this board but all boards) can MOVE ON and get back to Clay related topics. Because unless there is some sort of Clay mention tonight (and I'm still not ruling it out, but neither am I holding my breath waiting for it), I'm not really seeing the Clay relevance. I mean, we are in the midst of tour planning and ticket buying, but you wouldn't know it by doing a quick scan of most of the major boards....it's IGB, IGB, and more IGB. Ugh. Enough already. I wanna celebrate! :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

But please. I cannot believe that anyone living in this country, walking down the streets, riding through neighborhoods---even if it's just the daily commute---has not been exposed to poverty, hunger, sickness and deprivation. Perhaps people who haven't experienced it---or for whatever other reason---can ignore what is out there in plain view; perhaps they put blinders on (I know I sometimes don't make eye contact with a homeless person on my way to get my daily Diet Coke); perhaps they're busy talking on their Blackberry, making their millions---whatever.

You would be surprised, muski. There are so many people who go through life with blinders on. Even if the "see" it, they don't SEE it, if you know what I mean. And its not just the very wealthy, its the middle class. I remember not too long ago reading about some poll that was conducted on this very subject. It was astounding - and alarming - how many did not believe abject poverty existed in this country and even if they did realize it they somehow blamed the people who were poor. It was somehow their fault because they were lazy and didn't want to work etc. It was appalling. I think some just don't want to see it and I think people in power are embarrassed by just how much poverty exists in this country. I believe that is one reason there is so little help coming from those in power. I know its hard to believe that anyone with half a brain cell can NOT know about these things right under our own noses, but its true. Scary, but true.

I can, however, totally understand how someone who is aware and someone who is compassionate would have a very difficult time understanding how someone is just so naive or blind.

I also hope Simon's new found awareness does translate to his donating some of his own money but you know what? I hope we never hear about it. What money someone chooses to give to what charity is their own business and if whatever Simon gave - and who he gave it to - were ever made public, I am sure we would have to read all sorts of crap about how it wasn't good enough or sincere enough! It may just me me, but I am so tired of that!

Now I am reading that the reason Clay is in LA is to sign with Warner Records under David Foster - that he's leaving RCA effective immediately. Not sure what this is based on - other than wishful thinking on some people's parts - but I actually read that someone had calculated that the term of his contract with RCA was now up so that had to be why he was in LA!

Okie dokie!

And Claygasm and Couchie have a point - my sister were arguing just the other day about starvation and poverty in America (she's of the they're just lazy/unmotivated/mainly their own fault school of thought - we argue a LOT).

heeee...yep I have these same arguments with friends and family. But I will also admit that when I worked in the South of Market street section of SF and literally had to step over people in their homemade beds on the street to open up my school up at 6 AM - that you get weary. You get upset that you're scared. And no, I never had any problems and they were more at risk than me.

Muski, I used to work a block or so away from where you are and despite the fact that you get to know the homeless faces I also learned how to look through the homeless faces sometimes so they wouldn't bother me. I'm not proud of that but can also understand how some can live their life without really wanting to know what is goign on behind door number 2. It's sad that people are so unaware, but really I'm not shocked by it.

KAndre...is this the sister that ate your popciscle when you were in the hospital LOL.

But I heard he signed with a new company way back last September on Kimmell day and that's why he was so happy. And I guess one of these times Claygasm somebody will have to be right, won't they. Of course we'll have the obligatory, "well now that it's public to the rest of you can I tell you how happy I am that Clay is with a record company that cares about him."untill the next ballad heavy album comes out of course. To me a record comapany that cares is an oxymoron. I'll be happy as long as Clay is happy and doing what he loves, even if that is with RCA.

Well, I guess IGB has already met one of it's objectives: People are talking about the issues of poverty and hunger the show has raised. That's got to be a good thing.

luckiest1, I'm in full stress mode over purchasing my one ticket to my one concert tomorrow morning. I have post-it reminders stuck up on my calender, my OFC code and the venue seating chart printed out, and my Ticketmaster account is up to date. Of course, the next hurdle after getting the ticket will be explaining to my mother why I'm probably hitching a ride to the concert with someone who lives locally, but that I've only met online. I don't look forward to that conversation, and maybe I'll kind of gloss over that little detail. [Why yes, I am cough*forty-something* cough, but my mom still worries...]

I'll be ding danged - it WAS! The bitch. And it was sherbet. A whole frickin' half gallon.

Why, yes, I do hold grudges.

I'll drag the one comment I made on the subject over at the CH here:

Hmmm...maybe it's that I'm a really cynical heifer - but I think one of the reasons that Clay's humanitarism sticks out is because it slightly out of the norm...

Most people aren't the "truly caring". Hell, a lot of people don't do jack shit. Simon, honestly to me, seems no better or worse than that majority of people out there. Aside from what he does on AI, I have no idea what the man does or doesn't. But I can say this. I have heard people I know who live here, who weren't born with a silver spoon, deny "real" poverty in America. Or explain to me no one starves in America - because there is help everywhere, they are just too lazy/stupid/ungrateful to get it. And in many ways, our public policies reflect that attitude way more than Clay's.

I don't expect corporate entities to react in the same way individuals do - I don't think it's possible. And there are very few shows on American television that are not profitable (those that aren't are soon gotten rid of) and yet I don't have the expectation that they are giving up their profits for charity.

Yeah, I think AI, Fox, 19E could do better. Hell, I know I could do better. But as long as they aren't committing fraud and aren't providing false advertising - I think the charities are ahead of the game. I personally can live with that. My cynical nature again, few do something for nothing. Everybody get something of out of whatever they do, if it's only to feel good about themselves or to have someone else feel good about them. That's a real benefit. True altruism is hard to come by and even harder to prove. And doing comparisons as to who's more "altruistic" than someone else reminds me of the horrors of the "true fan/good fan/troll/psycho" arguments.