# 9 He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• He's a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.
    • Clay live just replentishes my soul.
    • There's so much more in life (and in Clay) to enjoy, celebrate, and savor.
    • Oh. My. God...on so many levels!
    • The world needs more Clay Aikens.
    • All done darling, all done. All finished.
    • Clay isn't the only good guy out there. He's just the one we love the most.
    • It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.
    • He sells himself so very well.
    • Teefy, toofy; Smiley, goofy; windky, "wonky;" My favorite "honky!"
    • He is simply doing his thing...quietly...without fanfare...what a beautiful thing.
    • That doesn't mean that I don't still think that he is super hawt and that I'd like to lick him...
    • He was cute, he sings pretty, he teases people, and he's sexy.

It even occurred to me they might be doing a "We Are The World" type song with all sorts of past Idols as well as some of the non-Idols who are performing on the show. Maybe that's some kind of big surprise ending.

That would be SO cool!

Personally, I would have liked to have seen a lot of AI alum on these charity shows, and think it would have been appropriate for them to have showcased their own. I think it's a little weird for them to have only Kelly and Carrie on. This is an AI audience, which means that most are AI fans. But "Whatevah"...."Whatevah". :) I do hope they are successful in raising a lot of $$$$. Africa needs a ton of help.

I nominate this for the next thread title. I have never thudded so hard.

Quote Clay:

All done darling, all done. All finished

It was the ultimate claygasm.

Thanks YSRN for the well wishes and posting the link to view mee2u2s videos. So clear. Excellent stuff. When he came through the doorway, looking like the prince of Godliness, I fell to my knees and prayed to be a member of his Harem. It was all too much. I don't think I will recover from the loss of the beard for awhile. Here's hoping I have some photographic memory left in me.

Welcome to Totally.....

I have nothing more. I just love him, that is all.

Clay will always be asked about Idol anywhere he goes especially when that show is actually airing. The boy is the face of idol. That's why I never mind his association with the show. They will always be connected.

Agreed--however folks might feel about it, for most folks, Clay Aiken is THE American Idol. Can't be helped. Mixed blessing though it may be, I don't think it's a terrible thing to have that status in relationship to the No. 1 TV show for the past umpteen years.

As much as I chuckled at your snarkfest, Claygasm, I'm not holding my breath, hoping or thinking that Clay might be on the AI festivities next week. I have gotten the feeling that there is no love lost between Clay and AI. Don't know why they would completely ignore his existence otherwise.

Couchie answered this one nicely:

I really don't think Idol will ever ignore Clay's existence. They were QUITE thrilled with themselves with the way Clay's appearance turned into a major hit last year on the finale. They have not ignored his efforts as they are mentioned on their website. Idol is the biggest show in America. They now have multiple success stories and can grab any hot artist out there to be on their show yet Clay still IMO gets his share of props from them.

I don't think Idol has ignored Clay at all, anymore than they ignore most of the past contestants. A few get pimped for awhile, but most don't. If Clay were the only one it might be different, but he gets treated the same as all the rest.

I'm not expecting Clay to make an appearance on IGB but if he does, I will be very happy. I think longtime AI watchers would enjoy learning more about Clay's humanitarian activities. As an Idol alum who is a bonifide UNICEF amabassador, I think he should be included in this effort.

I thought pasty white Clay was beautiful on ET. It was good to see those cheekbones again. With beard of without, he's a stunning looking man. :hubbahubba: <<I like this one.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hey Invisible. :F_05BL17blowkiss: to you!! I too hope to see him included.

Now there's a concept! Ask acts who have nothing to do with Idol to broaden the appeal of the show to perhaps make more money for the charities!!

If you look over the Idol roster there are more not being included (that we know of) than are. No Ruben or Fantasia or Taylor - all winners. No Bo, no Kat, no DAUGHTRY!!!!!, no Kelli Pickler. Not even Jennifer Hudson! They only have a limited amount of time and I think it is actually a good thing they are reaching out to acts who are not normally associated with idol.

I always thought IF Clay were involved it wouldn't be performing. I kind of thought he might say something in a video clip about UNICEF, maybe some footage shown of his Uganda trip, since this effort is aimed at the children in Africa. Something like that doesn't usually receive advance publicity. Who knows. Maybe the reason he is in LA has something to do with IGB. Maybe they are taping something. It even occurred to me they might be doing a "We Are The World" type song with all sorts of past Idols as well as some of the non-Idols who are performing on the show. Maybe that's some kind of big surprise ending.

Thing is, we may never know if Clay were asked and refused and if he refused why or if he was never asked. I don't think there is any animosity between Clay and Idol as a show. He seemed happy to make his surprise appearance on the finale last year - and Idol asked him to appear on their biggest show of the season! I think the only one associated with Idol who may have been upset at all the watercooler buzz that followed was Taylor! He won and he was totally over-shadowed. I just think Clay is not always on the minds of the Idol folks, just as Idol isn't always on the mind of Clay. Doesn't mean there is no love lost. Just means they both have moved forward. To me, that's a good thing.

Well said!!

:allgood:

The problem to me comes from some of the fans. Some cannot stand that he spends time on doing humanitarian work when he should be recording an album. Some think he shouldn't take vacations; he needs to be a pop star and celebrity all the time. And some feel that the humanitarian work is actually something that is working toward the goal of him selling more records. IMO, that's just the tip of the iceberg for some fans -- I won't even get into the "private life" stuff.

To me, though -- he is a combination platter of all these things, and yet, things don't get mixed together too often. He lives his life exactly the way he feels it should go. I'm sure there is some planning involved, maybe even a 5 year plan -- I think we all do that somewhat as human beings. But my point is that he does these things on his own terms, he really doesn't do all this stuff because people are in the background suggesting he do certain things ALL THE TIME. And I think some fans need to realize that he's gonna do things that don't fit into THEIR plans for him, and they'll have to make a choice -- either relax and let Clay Aiken take them on a ride (heh) and ignore the stuff they don't care for, or else just let their fandom go.

WORD...I think there are some fans that want to see Clay to be thisartist that lives for his music...they just want o hear that voice sing their favorite songs...Well, Clay has more sides to him than just ebing a musician...I think it makes him so much more interesting.

I really don't think Idol will ever ignore Clay's existence. They were QUITE thrilled with themselves with the way Clay's appearance turned into a major hit last year on the finale. They have not ignored his efforts as they are mentioned on their website. Idol is the biggest show in America. They now have multiple success stories and can grab any hot artist out there to be on their show yet Clay still IMO gets his share of props from them.

Agreed...I hear Clay is all over the website.

I'm not expecting Clay to make an appearance on IGB but if he does, I will be very happy. I think longtime AI watchers would enjoy learning more about Clay's humanitarian activities. As an Idol alum who is a bonifide UNICEF amabassador, I think he should be included in this effort.
I do agree and I think if he is goign to be there...I think it would be as a representative of UNICEF>

Now there's a concept! Ask acts who have nothing to do with Idol to broaden the appeal of the show to perhaps make more money for the charities!!

If you look over the Idol roster there are more not being included (that we know of) than are. No Ruben or Fantasia or Taylor - all winners. No Bo, no Kat, no DAUGHTRY!!!!!, no Kelli Pickler. Not even Jennifer Hudson! They only have a limited amount of time and I think it is actually a good thing they are reaching out to acts who are not normally associated with idol.

I always thought IF Clay were involved it wouldn't be performing. I kind of thought he might say something in a video clip about UNICEF, maybe some footage shown of his Uganda trip, since this effort is aimed at the children in Africa. Something like that doesn't usually receive advance publicity. Who knows. Maybe the reason he is in LA has something to do with IGB. Maybe they are taping something. It even occurred to me they might be doing a "We Are The World" type song with all sorts of past Idols as well as some of the non-Idols who are performing on the show. Maybe that's some kind of big surprise ending.

Thing is, we may never know if Clay were asked and refused and if he refused why or if he was never asked. I don't think there is any animosity between Clay and Idol as a show. He seemed happy to make his surprise appearance on the finale last year - and Idol asked him to appear on their biggest show of the season! I think the only one associated with Idol who may have been upset at all the watercooler buzz that followed was Taylor! He won and he was totally over-shadowed. I just think Clay is not always on the minds of the Idol folks, just as Idol isn't always on the mind of Clay. Doesn't mean there is no love lost. Just means they both have moved forward. To me, that's a good thing.

Personally, I hope IGB is super successful - with or without Clay. If a lot of people receive help they desperarely need, if people in this country become aware that there is need, then its all good - with or without Clay.

WORD. I think if AI was still new or not as succesful as they are...then they would rely on their alumnis to make the show...BUT with the kind of star power they were able to attract...I jsut don;t think they ahd the time to put in the other alums. I don;t expect Clay to sing...just to tlak about his own visit to Uganda.

We also had a beautiful day here...no need for any jackets...It was quite warm and the sun was out...hope we get more days like this.

:allgood::allgood:

What intensity! Carrie pitched in a tight softball game today...tied at top of last inning (we were home team so had last chance to score and win)...the umpire's strike zone was all over the place for both teams---bases loaded, two outs....seemed she just couldn't find the place the ump wanted to call strikes...but she pitched herself out of it finally. Then our first batter struck out. Second batter got a single. Stole second. Third batter hit a single to get base runner to third. Then Carrie up to bat...she BUNTED! Everyone expected her to really swing because she'd hit a two-run double earlier in the game, but she laid a beautiful bunt that got the other team by surprise and the runner on third scored to win the game! :rainbowsmile:

woo hoo! Fun fun fun!

I stopped by on the way home at a new housing development to walk through the model homes. God. So much money and I really only liked one out of nine models! And the houses are so close together! Yuck.

Glad some of you are finally getting some good weather. We're overcast and chilly today; in fact, it stated raining lightly right as the softball game ended....gonna be a good girl now and clean up a little here. I'm by myself so will put on some Clay VOX and attack the dust bunnies.

Oh, saw a buddy at the game who's a diehard Clay fan. I'm trying to convince her to fly down for one or more of the So. Cal. concerts. She's never seen him in concert, but drools and moans with the best of us. :hubbahubba:

Well, I will disagree with you here. Clay is not all over the idol gives back page, but he is all over the UNICEF pages and there is a story about him on the scholastic page - both of which are linked to from the IGB web page.

I thinkthat if Idol had put out a call to its alimni, there would have been no porblem getting alumni back there. Most would certainly be willing to get the exposure and most of them have charities to be involved with anyway. I bet the idols would not have asked for quite as much "stuff" as people like Jennifer Lopez does.

I don't think the star power of the idols matches the "big" stars they can attract. Ce la vie. There will be a song for the top six to sing. This could be their charity CD. WHich would make the odd years the only one without a charity CD.

Can somebody sum up with this is all about in a nutshell and who is participating. I really don't know anything about it other than what little has been said here. I've heard they have included Clay on the website but haven't seen it -- only the one page JMH brought over. What is the format? Is it a concert? Is it a telethon? Is it one night or two? I'm not watching idol this season and am confused because I thought voting had something to do with it as well which suggests its normal competition. I didn't realize that so many alumn were NOT involved.

Do you think Clay willcomputers12.gif about IGB?

heeee love this one Play!! oh and while I was typing you answered a couple of my questions.

Waves to Invisible! Yeah I would like him to be involved somehow. Thankfully I'm on the west coast so will know if he does.

And Muski..I saw your post about your emoticons. Lord can somebody help me find a whistling emoticon for that woman! and where did the sun go!! I have on my heater.

And Muski..I saw your post about your emoticons. Lord can somebody help me find a whistling emoticon for that woman! and where did the sun go!! I have on my heater.

How about this one? whistling.gif

Wouldn't want her to get all upset!!

I spent a nice lazy day reading and playing with some clack and watching baseball (looks like my Phillies may actually win one!). I love days like this!

ETA: Well, pooh! For some reason that whistling gif isn't moving!!

Edited by Claygasm

I know you were talking about IGB and this doesn't have anything to do with that, but I read something interesting today. I get the newspaper everyday but seem to end up reading them all on Saturday mornings. lol. Anyway in Monday's paper there was a big picture of Ruben and a big headline saying "Ruben Studdard coning here". ( Of course when we had our CD Release Party Clay got a full page.) The article says:

"American Idol" season 2 winner Ruben Studdard comes to Tulsa on May 25 for the Expo Square Pavilion concert "Superstar Idols Live".

Joining Studdard will be season 4 and 5 finalists Ace Young, Lisa Tucker, Will Maker, Jessica Sierra, Lindsey Cardinale and Mikalah Gordon.

Studdard known to his fans as the Velvet Teddy Bear, boasts a silky R&B voice, which beat out "Idol" favorite Clay Aiken in 2003.

Goes on to talk about Ruben's CD sales. Tickets are $20, $25, $30 and for $100 you get a meet & greet backstage pass, autograph and after-party access.

(Bold is mine)

Did we know about this?

I don't mean to put Ruben down in any way. I just found it interesting that they have another Idol tour. This is just one more reason why we need to be thankful that Clay did not win because Clay will be singing at Frisco and other places with an orchestra...and tickets will not be $20-$30 (although one can wish).

UNICEF Fieldnote

We started working on Clay Aiken's field report yesterday afternoon. I thought you might like to see the cover we're working on.

We're sorting through the pictures and they're great. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the trip to Afghanistan my UNICEF colleagues when they get back to the office next week.

We will e-mail a PDF copy of the field report to all donors who give $50 or more to Clay's Afghanistan appeal. We'll mail a printed copy of the Field Report, autographed by Clay Aiken, to all donors who are able to give $1,000 or more.

Included is a picture of the cover...

Clay_FieldReport.jpg

In other charitable news....

Six Degrees Winners

You can listen to Kevin Bacon's phone call with Kristy Barnes and Aron Hall. If you click on Kristy's name, you can also read her blog on this.

GO BAF!!!!! :cheerleader:

GO UNICEF!!! :cheerleader:

GO CLAY!!! :cheerleader:

I don't mean to put Ruben down in any way. I just found it interesting that they have another Idol tour. This is just one more reason why we need to be thankful that Clay did not win because Clay will be singing at Frisco and other places with an orchestra...and tickets will not be $20-$30 (although one can wish).

I honestly don't think this is an obligation for Ruben as an Idol winner. Clay being able to go out on his own is just because he has a devoted fan base willing to come out and see him. Even directly after Idol, Ruben had trouble drawing crowds.

Thanks for the reminder..I just made my donation!! whoo hoo

Do you ever wonder how many autographed field reports are sold by UNICEF in exchange for donations? Why do I think this is a first?

Now, I can afford the Clay bearded T-shirt if they decide to sell that in the UNICEF store.

ETA - Oh yeah, he needs the hat.

Note to self, I have to start collecting hat pictures - they are kind of interesting. Sort of like Sanjaya's haircuts.

Edited by playbiller

I honestly don't think this is an obligation for Ruben as an Idol winner. Clay being able to go out on his own is just because he has a devoted fan base willing to come out and see him. Even directly after Idol, Ruben had trouble drawing crowds.

Thanks for the reminder..I just made my donation!! whoo hoo

Yeah its possile its not even related with 19...just a promoter that got a few idols together. That is why the don;t use the full American Idol name...

Personally, I hope IGB is super successful - with or without Clay. If a lot of people receive help they desperarely need, if people in this country become aware that there is need, then its all good - with or without Clay.

WORD! (bolding mine) I am so sick and tired of reading about how some people are pissed that he wasn't asked, when.....we don't have any idea what's gone on behind the scenes!

I am not watching Idol this season but I plan to watch IGB this week, because it's for a good cause, and I'm interested to see how they portray it. I haven't given up on Clay being involved in some capacity.

We had gorgeous, sunny weather yesterday! I was stuck inside for most of the day, cleaning out rooms to try and make room for my DD and her puppy who will be staying with us for a while. I did manage to grab the iPod and the pup and head out for a walk, though. Hope we get more of the same today (although I'm targetting the basement rec room this time).

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to all.

I will prolly contribute something, but I have no desire to see IGB this week - Ryan and Simon preening kinda nauseate me. And the only contestant I like now is Phil, (now that Gina is gone) and it gets tiresome listening to the judges come up with ways to diss him, last week notwithstanding. Heh, I actually believe the judges were happy to put Phil in a Country box so they can get on with the pop Idol quest.

I don't think that it is necessary (or logical, really) in the least little bit to equate praising the show with giving to a good cause.

I also don't really care one way or the other about Clay's participation in IGB - he does so much on his own. Besides, if he appears and does not promote his concert tour or ATDW, there would likely be piles of conspiracy and poddie dreck to wade through, and that has gotten old. Plus the appearance would likely be attributed, like every damn thing else, to some PR person, and not Clay's own self.

Kind of bizarre sometimes to see everything Clay does or says in life attributed to PR machinations.

And if I ever truly believed that, that would be my burnt puppies.

And, these are just random thoughts (oops! shudder!) - it is a beautiful day in Florida! Even though I will spend the afternoon learning how to set up DSL networks!

:nanarow:

Edited by djs111

burnt puppies..haven't heard that term in awhile

All I have to say about the whole thing is that I'm on the west coast so I'll know in advance if Clay is involved --and I'll still proababably download the clack. And I can't afford to give another cent right now..I'm one of the poorer Clay fans. And I'll honestly say, without the field report I would have probably given $20. That's why I don't really care how or why people give... it doesn't have to be a passion for the cause. Maybe dialing a phone helps out. For me, this time around, it was getting an incentive from Clay. What I can't give with money I do with my time for things close to my heart..

Wash day. I hate washing.

Couchie! What the heck you doing up so early ? Hubby and I going to breakfast and then after getting the kids to their respective activities, we might go to a movie together! Lovely day today after a sorta yucky one yesterday...

I honestly don't really care to watch the IGB show...although I hope they bring in boucoup bucks for the various causes...if (like couchie) I hear that Clay's on in some way, I'll watch him... off to eat!

G'Day 'Mates! (ok - for those who don't like " 'mates" - G'Day Fans!)...

:wub:

I'm sure I will watch the IGB show, it's set to tivo and I am usually in front of the TV on Tuesday and

Wednesday night. I will miss Sanjaya, but I wouldn't be sorry if Phil leaves soon!

As to whether Clay will be on it - I have a strong and suspicious maybe. If he's not, I would like to

eventually know why, altho I realize that might be a fruitless goal!

On Tuesday the Idols are supposed to all sing, and the votes you phone in generate bucks for the cause.

So I am not sure if this is like a regular competition or when they will announce the results. They have

been reporting a record number of votes, something like 45 million or something? So if they get a $ a

vote - that will add up to some big bucks!!

I'll be there watching!! whateveah!! I actually did throw in a few votes for Jordin last week. I like her,

she reminds me of America Ferrera, and REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES!!

Just a couple comments about the emoticon situation. A couple things I have noticed:

1) the panel on the left (on my computer) is always cut off on the right side.

2) if the panel to the left has a scroll bar, why not put most of the big ones there?

3) when I click the Show All, the window that pops up in only about 8x4 inches big.

4) there's a limit to how many emoticons you can put into one post?

I have hit the ceiling a few times on that one!!

What's up with all that?

:fca:

OMG - that new photoshop is hilarious!

eta: Forgot I came to share this

I found this morning on youtube.

Lots of Clay's most brilliant stuff all together......

(since I upgraded my IE browser, I get a scripted alert when I want to add a url.

Can I set it to not do that? It's annoying!)

Edited by cha cha trusty

As much as I plan to watch IGB, I won't be voting (live in Canada but I probably wouldn't anyways) and I doubt I'll be giving. I have other charities that I donate to, when I can. BAF & Unicef, obviously, but I have also discovered another charity that I consider extremely worthy and tangentially related to Clay's Afghanistan mission. It all started when I read this post:

So.....read any good books lately?

Wait! I just finished one! It's the one I was reading about Greg Mortensen, the man who, after failing to reach the summit of K2, got lost and was saved by a village of Pakistani people. He got to know them and then, seeing how incredibly isolated and poverty-stricken they were (in the mountains of the K2/Everest range) and how they had no education for the kids to speak of, decided that that was what he wanted to dedicate his life to making happen.

He has and his story is absolutely amazing. So often while reading I thought of the parallels with Clay and how much they'd both love sitting down and talking together.

The name of the book is "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. Another great thing abou this book is that the journalist who wrote this with Greg is an excellent writer! Know how sometimes the person who's putting together someone's story isn't so great at it? Well, I really loved this writer's style. It was truly a fantastic read, and I learned a lot about Pakistan, Afghanistan and the convoluted relationships with India, the Taliban, etc.

I picked up the book because I was curious, and I haven't been able to put it down since. Thanks, so much for the recommendation, muski!!! I wonder if Clay's read it.....if not, I bet he'd really find it enlightening. I finally finished it this morning, and went straight from the book to the computer to look up the website that has been created for the author's foundation, Central Asia Institute (CAI). I wrote a blog about it last week, but I updated it a bit this morning, if anyone is interested [hint]comments would be appreciated![/hint]

Since I have been watching AI every week anyway, I am sure I'll be watching. I actually have a meeting after work that day so hopefully I'll be home in time. I might even vote because its a worthy cause and just by voting I can contribute without spending a dime! I think I can dial the phone a few times for a good cause! I don't tend to give to the BAF because its just not near and dear to my heart. I'll give to UNICEF every now and then but I can't afford to give just because Clay asked me to! I give what little extra money I have to the charities that matter most to me (and they usually involve animals).

Of course, if Clay isn't on Tuesday, he could still be on Wednesday! I tend to not watch the results shows. Never have. I might have to this week.....

Another GORGEOUS day here. Its close to 80, low humidity. Lots of sunshine. My eyes are itchy. My sinuses painful! Ah, spring! You gotta love it!!

Now I can spend part of this beautiful day doing laundry and some house cleaning. What's wrong with this picture??? :blink:

luckiest, I'm so happy that you read and had the same reaction from the book about Greg Mortenson as I did! Didn't you keep seeing similarities between him and Clay throughout the story? His personality, his character, his bad habits and the things that won people over? So much alike! Reading that made me feel good---knowing that there ARE people out there like Clay doing good things....I kept wanting the two men to meet and just talk and talk, you know? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

No movies worth seeing/spending money on today...kids off to do their own thing....gonna spend the day with Kenny---might take the dog for a long walk together along the bay...might go shopping for much needed unglamorous things like underwear and sneakers or look for a bookcase for the living room...might figure out why the danged floor in the laundry room gets wet...might take naps on the sofa while watching baseball....whatever.... :allgood:

And yes, CG...I AM seriously thinking about Frisco....Hey! eHP! Any idea how I might find a way from Frisco to Houston? Crap! Where the HELL is that whistling emoticon?

Oh, and isn't someone who posts here from Florida? I forget who, but I'm going to be in Miami from May 15-17. If you live near there, maybe we can meet for a drinkie pooh.... :voll:

Muski said:

Oh, and isn't someone who posts here from Florida? I forget who, but I'm going to be in Miami from May 15-17. If you live near there, maybe we can meet for a drinkie pooh....
I live near Tampa, but can only join you for a drinkie if you have a layover here on your flight to Miami! Tell you what - I will drink a toast at 6 pm on the 15th, 16th, and 17th, in your honor.

:voll:

Claygasm said:

I might even vote because its a worthy cause and just by voting I can contribute without spending a dime! I think I can dial the phone a few times for a good cause! I don't tend to give to the BAF because its just not near and dear to my heart. I'll give to UNICEF every now and then but I can't afford to give just because Clay asked me to! I give what little extra money I have to the charities that matter most to me (and they usually involve animals).

Here's the thing, for me - there is, as you say, a difference between "worthy cause" and "near and dear to my heart" - BAF happens to be both a worthy cause AND near and dear to my heart because my grandson is outside the mainstream due to ADHD and partial deafness.

And I can't afford to give just because Ryan and Simon et. al. ask me to.

And the charities that matter most to me involve children, victims of domestic abuse, and diabetes research - not animals. (Hey, animals have Simon - he said that he looks at a baby and feels feh!, but puppies and such make his heart warm.)

IGB will be just fine without me, if I don't donate. And since I don't have a Neilsen box, it won't matter if I don't watch.

If Clay is on, I will watch - at the precise point that someone posts EEEEE!!!11!!! Clay is on!!!!!