# 9 He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• He's a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.
    • Clay live just replentishes my soul.
    • There's so much more in life (and in Clay) to enjoy, celebrate, and savor.
    • Oh. My. God...on so many levels!
    • The world needs more Clay Aikens.
    • All done darling, all done. All finished.
    • Clay isn't the only good guy out there. He's just the one we love the most.
    • It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.
    • He sells himself so very well.
    • Teefy, toofy; Smiley, goofy; windky, "wonky;" My favorite "honky!"
    • He is simply doing his thing...quietly...without fanfare...what a beautiful thing.
    • That doesn't mean that I don't still think that he is super hawt and that I'd like to lick him...
    • He was cute, he sings pretty, he teases people, and he's sexy.

This is a stupid little question -- but besides any Clay music what is your favorite Clay memorabilia or item associated with him. I have to say if somebody ever broke my "I love a man with long laces" cup I'd have to hurt them.

DJS I love my Vincents shirt too.... and I had to get a second one becuase I leaked bleach all over the fist. Never mind the of the clothes I ruined that day...

Excellent question! My favorites are my PROC and Zombie Hoard t-shirts and the oddest bit of Clack ever that a dear person shared with me: It's a card offering entry to a raffle for Clay concert tickets if the card holder donates blood. Really! You can't make this stuff up. Should I dig it up and post a scan?

And we just thought that sweating blood for Clay tickets was a metaphor.

Ok, first here is the cute calendar cartoon I said I would post.

Claycalendarcartoon.jpg

Ansamcw, I agree with you here. I think Clay's BA/F should be a separate focus.

I do get a sense from Clay that his humanitarian efforts is a seperate focus than his career. It is a priority in of itself and not just something he does to enhance his celebrity status and recording career.

Fan Wank? :cryingwlaughter: There never seems to be an end to that does there, Couchie? The perceived slights, disses and "conspiracies in the making." SSDD same handful of fans perpetuating it. I imagine the poddies sitting at their computers typing their theories over and over again, until their fingers bleed. LOL No one is listening anymore. Imagine, the aggravation that must cause them. Here is a nice visual aid. Dick heads. :cryingwlaughter:

humor00239.gif

I'll join you on missing the beard claygasm. *sob* Give me Prince Clayton any day. Bring back my loverly bangs too, Clay.

Give me the Afghani prince anyday!

I love Clay's humanitarian endeavors. I participate and donate. My heart swells with pride over Clay. However I must confess, that I am more of a supporter for his music career than I am for his charity. I don't ever want him to totally give up that career for the other. I like it when he can keep them separated. *g*

I agree jmh123 & claygasm. Not everything is, or has to be, all about Clay Aiken. Not every absence of him has to have ulterior motives behind it.

I don't think Idol has ignored Clay at all, anymore than they ignore most of the past contestants. A few get pimped for awhile, but most don't. If Clay were the only one it might be different, but he gets treated the same as all the rest.

Thing is, we may never know if Clay were asked and refused and if he refused why or if he was never asked. I don't think there is any animosity between Clay and Idol as a show.

playbiller I love that computer emoticon. I hope Clay blogs soon. Lets us know more about his UNICEF trip, and if CAA is done booking anymore venues for this tour. Still hoping for one more midwest venue.

pkmiller, thanks for the Ruben info. This sounds like a great deal and a reasonable price for Rube's fans. I hope they take him up on it.

Goes on to talk about Ruben's CD sales. Tickets are $20, $25, $30 and for $100 you get a meet & greet backstage pass, autograph and after-party access.

luckiest1 speaks for me here. I am not calling or donating, but I will be watching. I have been watching all this season. But you would never catch me calling and voting for any contestant ever again. It was nice here yesterday too. I laid out and got some sun.

WORD! (bolding mine) I am so sick and tired of reading about how some people are pissed that he wasn't asked, when.....we don't have any idea what's gone on behind the scenes!

I am not watching Idol this season but I plan to watch IGB this week, because it's for a good cause, and I'm interested to see how they portray it. I haven't given up on Clay being involved in some capacity.

We had gorgeous, sunny weather yesterday! I was stuck inside for most of the day, cleaning out rooms to try and make room for my DD and her puppy who will be staying with us for a while. I did manage to grab the iPod and the pup and head out for a walk, though. Hope we get more of the same today (although I'm targetting the basement rec room this time).

F_05BL17blowkiss.gif to all.

Clayzor bows down to djs111. I'm so sick of scrolling past all the PR and marketing drek. You would think the poddies could buy a clue. *rolls eyes*

woman.gif

I also don't really care one way or the other about Clay's participation in IGB - he does so much on his own. Besides, if he appears and does not promote his concert tour or ATDW, there would likely be piles of conspiracy and poddie dreck to wade through, and that has gotten old. Plus the appearance would likely be attributed, like every damn thing else, to some PR person, and not Clay's own self.

I have an autographed Rolling Stone and a 6-pack of AI2 coke bottles that I'm partial too. I also have his leather bound autographed copy of LTS. I think my Rolling Stone is my favorite memorabilia, Couchie. But then I love that stupid Bobble Head doll that doesn't look a thing like him, too. What about that huge I Love Clay coffee mug? Oh decisions, decisions.

Edited by Clayzorback

Clay memorbilia that I can't part with? The framed mosaic I won at a ATDW CD release party. My framed copy of the Rolling Stone cover (even though it isn't signed). All my concert programs and keychains. All my concert t-shirts (especially the red one from the NaT that says Raleigh NC on it). My concert tickets. My BAF programs and all my magazines, especially the ones where he is on the cover. My posters. Hee, I have a very large clack keeper under my bed. It's all precious to me.

humor00239.gif

:cryingwlaughter: That is just the perfect depiction for many poddies, who post the same convoluted theories over and over and over again, even when logic defies them. Thanks!

Edited by luckiest1

Excellent question! My favorites are my PROC and Zombie Hoard t-shirts and the oddest bit of Clack ever that a dear person shared with me: It's a card offering entry to a raffle for Clay concert tickets if the card holder donates blood. Really! You can't make this stuff up. Should I dig it up and post a scan?

LOL must see this... I have a playbill from the Broadway Cares benefit that I love..and a great Clay painting from a fan that I will probably include in the auction for MAD when we do it. Ohhh I'll take a picture of it.

painting.JPG

Hee Clayzorback...blood and gore on the FCA...and some funny cartoon too...so cool!!!

Sigh...I totally have no real significant memorabilia...I think I do love the rollingstone mag..cos I really searched high and low for that...the only time I asked my hubby to look for any Clay item. Oh and I am terribly fond of the the FCA pins...hee

IGB...I am too curious, so I will watch. No donations or calling though. The person that is really making me sick this season is Ryan...he is too pompous and full of himself right now. Simon was always like taht...its part of his schtick so I even suspect he is more of a nice guy than he lets on. BUT Ryan??? He has been getting on my nerves the last 2 years. I used to really like him since he seem so good to the ocntestants and didn;t take himself too seriously...ever since the suits...ugh...

Anyway...IGB will be a ratings winner for sure and will bring in big bucks. so YAY for the kids!!!

What Clay memorabilia could I not live without? Can I say my computer? Because I'd miss the clack more than anything else. Other things: the People magazine from last fall, with that WONDERFUL centerfold picture (I said "goodnight" to that picture for 3 months after it came out. TMI?); and my one lowly autographed piece, a copy of MCWL that musicmama from the CH so generously got me during her Stub Hub M&G. I'm also inordinately in love with my long-sleeved Christmas 2005 t-shirt -- I love long sleeved t-shirts as a general rule, and that one has one of my most favorite pictures of Clay on it, with him and the Christmas tree. He's wearing a FINE pair of jeans in that picture. Anyway, I keep wearing it, afraid I'll eventually wear it out, and then I'll be sad.

IGB? If I'm home, I'll probably tune in, just to keep myself up on pop cultural literacy. Will I vote? Maybe -- depends on how Jordin does, because the few times I've seen her this year, I've really liked her. But that would be the first time I've voted since season two, and I've not got an overwhelming desire to vote either. I'm keeping my options open.

Am I the only person who buys flowers to plant, the garden soil, etc. and then sets everything on the patio to 'do a little later', only to one day realize that she's let some of the flowers wither away to sad remants of their former glory?

carry on...

Am I the only person who buys flowers to plant, the garden soil, etc. and then sets everything on the patio to 'do a little later', only to one day realize that she's let some of the flowers wither away to sad remants of their former glory?

carry on...

No...

And we just thought that sweating blood for Clay tickets was a metaphor.

I'd like to see.

Idy, is that the picture of Clay on his side in that brown shirt and jeans looking all kinds of hot on that air mattress? Cause honey, I said goodnight to that a few times myself. So there you go. TMI from me too. LOL

carry on...

No...

Nope. Haven't done it yet this year, but I'll get there. ;)

And yes, CG...I AM seriously thinking about Frisco....Hey! eHP! Any idea how I might find a way from Frisco to Houston? Crap! Where the HELL is that whistling emoticon?

Hey muski! If you go, I go so WE need a way to get from Frisco to Houston!

This could either be the craziest Clay thing I have ever done, or the most fun!! :lol:

Claygasm said:

I might even vote because its a worthy cause and just by voting I can contribute without spending a dime! I think I can dial the phone a few times for a good cause! I don't tend to give to the BAF because its just not near and dear to my heart. I'll give to UNICEF every now and then but I can't afford to give just because Clay asked me to! I give what little extra money I have to the charities that matter most to me (and they usually involve animals).

Here's the thing, for me - there is, as you say, a difference between "worthy cause" and "near and dear to my heart" - BAF happens to be both a worthy cause AND near and dear to my heart because my grandson is outside the mainstream due to ADHD and partial deafness.

And I can't afford to give just because Ryan and Simon et. al. ask me to.

Well, my point was you don't actually have to give money. Apparently money is earned with each vote so all you have to do is dial a toll free number.

And the charities that matter most to me involve children, victims of domestic abuse, and diabetes research - not animals.

Well, IGB is raising money to help children in need - not animals.

(Hey, animals have Simon - he said that he looks at a baby and feels feh!, but puppies and such make his heart warm.)

Well, the animals have ME too and I totally and completely agree with Simon. I look at a baby and feel feh! I look at a puppy or a kitten and it makes my heart warm. I'll take a puppy or a kitten to a baby any day of the week! They are just as helpless as children and just as important, IMO. And charities that support them are every bit as worthy as any to support children!

IGB will be just fine without me, if I don't donate. And since I don't have a Neilsen box, it won't matter if I don't watch.

Yeah, they'll be fine without you. But they - and the children they will help - will be better off with your support, which you can do without giving up a single dime. But if you choose not to support them, that's fine too. Last time I looked there was no rule about anyone giving to any charities - even Clay's.

If Clay is on, I will watch - at the precise point that someone posts EEEEE!!!11!!! Clay is on!!!!!

Well, if you wait for that you'll be sure to miss some of it! I waited for the EEEEEEEE's when he was on AI5 and by the time I tuned in he was gone! Oh well. No biggie. As you said, AI is doing fine without you and there will always be clack. (Thank God!)

IMO, IGB is a very worthy endeavour and should not be dissed just because its AI and because someone thinks Ryan and Simon are assholes. Wouldn't it be too bad if those who think Clay is an asshole (and there are some who do) stopped giving to UNICEF because of his association with it??

So, you are dialing for the children only because you don't need to give money yourself - if I am understanding you correctly?

I give to other charities that existed long before AI decided to do this, so I don't think I am leaving any child in the lurch solely because I don't do the IGB thing.

Yeah, they'll be fine without you. But they - and the children they will help - will be better off with your support, which you can do without giving up a single dime. But if you choose not to support them, that's fine too. Last time I looked there was no rule about anyone giving to any charities - even Clay's.

to carry that out any farther would be to say that many children would be better off if you gave to charity for them instead of for animals, or that many animals would be better off if people stopped helping children and donated more to animals. It is not quantifiable like that, IMO.

I have no idea what you mean by a rule, I really don't! I don't feel pressured or guilty or anything, just saying how I feel about it.

And, here is the thing - I don't want to support AI. That bloated show pulls in half a billion dollars in revenue a season, and that money comes from increased prices on goods and services, we all pay for it. They don't need for me to call in just to donate their own money, they can surely do that out of the kindness of their hearts. They want to crow about the votes, IMO. Supporting AI is different than supporting a charity. I will not support AI's grandiosity by dialing.

This is not the only charity that helps children. It does seem to be the biggest and splashiest one. I get a couple of solicitations each week from charities. I just happen to think that some of those need a lot more of my help, is all!

If Clay is on I won't miss a thing, there will be clack.

And last time I looked, I was not dissing the charity, I was dissing A.I. Two completely seperate entities. And I would rather donate actual money than vote. Has nothing to do with Clay, either. Not one teensy bit. Watching those particular multi-millionaires ask for money just is not my idea of entertainment, is all.

I will be real curious as to whether Ryan announces each artist's current project.

I do hope IGB gathers lots and lots of money, ya know, I just am sure they can do it without me. And yes I absolutely do think that some don't donate to UNICEF because they don't like Clay. That's life. Hopefully they donate somewhere else.

So. Kenny comes in after parking the car with an empty beer bottle. It has a piece of notebook paper rolled up in it. Next to the bottle in front of our doorstep, he said, was a flower (evidently picked out of a neighbor's front yard) with more notebook paper wrapped around it. I opened the paper in the bottle neck. It read:

Carrie: I want to go out with you. I picked these flowers just 4 U. From _____. P.S. I heart U. (Then there's a heart drawn with his initials + Carrie's initials.)

Cute?

Sure. Except the guy who wrote this is the guy who supposedly asked a friend of Carrie's to have sex.

I haven't shown this to Carrie yet. She just got home from spending the day with a friend and needs to do her homework. If she sees this, she'll HAVE to call her friends to talk about it and homework will come in last on her 'things I can concentrate on' list.

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH! :wacko:

Oh, and AI's IGB? Meh. Whatever. They'll raise a bunch of money (Yeay!) and get big ratings (Meh.) with or without me. I haven't voted on the show yet this year, so most likely I won't do it this week. But I say, "Vote if you want to!" It doesn't hurt anything to do that; you know Idol is going to break its arm patting itself on the back, regardless of the final # of votes, which I'm sure will be ignormous and record breaking and all that.

I had this sudden vision of Clay holding a television telathon for UNICEF! Can you imagine the $$$ he'd rake in? Sing a song. Banter. Sing a song. Banter. CHA-CHING! Do a little Doves Cry grinding and I'll put another mortgage on the house! :TourExcite: :TourExcite:

So. Kenny comes in after parking the car with an empty beer bottle. It has a piece of notebook paper rolled up in it. Next to the bottle in front of our doorstep, he said, was a flower (evidently picked out of a neighbor's front yard) with more notebook paper wrapped around it. I opened the paper in the bottle neck. It read:

Carrie: I want to go out with you. I picked these flowers just 4 U. From _____. P.S. I heart U. (Then there's a heart drawn with his initials + Carrie's initials.)

Cute?

Sure. Except the guy who wrote this is the guy who supposedly asked a friend of Carrie's to have sex.

I haven't shown this to Carrie yet. She just got home from spending the day with a friend and needs to do her homework. If she sees this, she'll HAVE to call her friends to talk about it and homework will come in last on her 'things I can concentrate on' list.

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH! :wacko:

Oh my. Oh my. Oh my. Teenagers and hormones. Dangerous combination. Good luck with all this muski.

Oh, and AI's IGB? Meh. Whatever. They'll raise a bunch of money (Yeay!) and get big ratings (Meh.) with or without me. I haven't voted on the show yet this year, so most likely I won't do it this week. But I say, "Vote if you want to!" It doesn't hurt anything to do that; you know Idol is going to break its arm patting itself on the back, regardless of the final # of votes, which I'm sure will be ignormous and record breaking and all that.

That's how I see it too. I don't mind that they're trying this, but I also don't really care all that much either. I just keep that in mind, and try my best to keep my emotions in check, on both sides of the coin; it will help me just survive this week I think.

I had this sudden vision of Clay holding a television telathon for UNICEF! Can you imagine the $$$ he'd rake in? Sing a song. Banter. Sing a song. Banter. CHA-CHING! Do a little Doves Cry grinding and I'll put another mortgage on the house! :TourExcite: :TourExcite:

Oh don't tempt me. If he did that, I'd be selling off my husband to make a donation. *g*

All righty then.. After Carrie finished her homework I showed her the note.

C: Did you read it?

Me: Yeah, of course! It wasn't sealed or anything.

C: (after reading it) EEEWWWWW! Gross! Mom! That's J_____!

Me: I know. Isn't that the guy who asked M____to have sex?

C: (BIG eyes) Yes! EEEEEWWWWWWW!

Me: I agree. Have you done anything to make him think you like him?

C: No! He's so icky.

Me: Do I know him? Did he go to your elementary school?

(C describes him and I know now who it is.)

Me: Okay. So...what...

C: Don't worry, Mom. I wouldn't say yes...to anything! Eeeewwwww! (shudders)

Me: So...what will you say to him?

C: (looking uncertain) Well, I'll just say......(looking lost)

Me: You could say something like "I got your message, but I'm not interested....sorry." Does that sound okay?

C: Yeah...okay. Eeeewwww! (rushes to phone to call best friend!)

hee! And ldyjoclyn...unfortunately, these aren't even teenagers! This is my younger daughter---who's not quite 12! djs...well, let's just say that this boy seems to be making a young career out of propostioning girls in very inappropriate ways...(gross and eeewwww). Sadly, a beer bottle seems to fit his profile from what I hear. <_<

I'm not worried after talking with her. She's sorta funny. Yesterday after the softball game she ran over to the bleachers to hug me and while she was hugging, she whispered, "Mom, I need deoderant. My pits stink. Can you get me some?" I said, "Yep...that kinda thing happens about this time....body's changing and..." She got up and said, "Mom...okay, okay. Geez......" and walked back to her friends.

:P:lol:

Clay content? Wonder what Clay's stink is all about? ;)

So, you are dialing for the children only because you don't need to give money yourself - if I am understanding you correctly?

I give to other charities that existed long before AI decided to do this, so I don't think I am leaving any child in the lurch solely because I don't do the IGB thing.

to carry that out any farther would be to say that many children would be better off if you gave to charity for them instead of for animals, or that many animals would be better off if people stopped helping children and donated more to animals. It is not quantifiable like that, IMO.

I have no idea what you mean by a rule, I really don't! I don't feel pressured or guilty or anything, just saying how I feel about it.

And, here is the thing - I don't want to support AI. That bloated show pulls in half a billion dollars in revenue a season, and that money comes from increased prices on goods and services, we all pay for it. They don't need for me to call in just to donate their own money, they can surely do that out of the kindness of their hearts. They want to crow about the votes, IMO. Supporting AI is different than supporting a charity. I will not support AI's grandiosity by dialing.

This is not the only charity that helps children. It does seem to be the biggest and splashiest one. I get a couple of solicitations each week from charities. I just happen to think that some of those need a lot more of my help, is all!

If Clay is on I won't miss a thing, there will be clack.

And last time I looked, I was not dissing the charity, I was dissing A.I. Two completely seperate entities. And I would rather donate actual money than vote. Has nothing to do with Clay, either. Not one teensy bit. Watching those particular multi-millionaires ask for money just is not my idea of entertainment, is all.

I will be real curious as to whether Ryan announces each artist's current project.

I do hope IGB gathers lots and lots of money, ya know, I just am sure they can do it without me. And yes I absolutely do think that some don't donate to UNICEF because they don't like Clay. That's life. Hopefully they donate somewhere else.

I wote a long post in response to this but I thought better of it - out of respect for this board and each and every person here.

Instead I'll just say in the end, each and every one of us has to do what is right for them. I guess I just don't understand the venomous hatred of all things AI and, by association, IGB. I have said it before, but IMO I think Clay would be ashamed of just how uncharitable some of his fans can be and how easily they can hate.

And I am really not a bad person because I don't hate AI, IGB and I don't like babies and prefer animals to children.

Ah muski - ain't young love grand?? Only not! That would have been a sweet and romantic gesture if you didn't know this guy's background! Good thing Carrie's reaction was Ewwwwwww and icky!!

GO WARRIORS :04: :04:

I've been away from AI for almost 2 full seasons but I just really have a fondness for it because it brought me Clay. I rewatched AI2 last year for our retrospective on FCA and season 2 was just captivating television full of talented kids looking for a break. Simon was tough on Clay but some of that stuff needed to be said to him - like the faces he made - he did need to control it. But he also gave him extraordinary compliments as well. And really, it made EXCELLENT television. I'll be glad when thsi whole business is over as the fandom seems to be in an uproar of the show more than ever. It's tough enough dealing with the hatred I see for some of the idols... people, like Clay that just wanted their opportunity and are making the best of it.

I didn't wash one load today. sigh.

Thank god I'm not a mom...could not handle it.

eeeeeeeeeeeeee Ansa and I are just loving the new FCA..it's SO easy to work on. Less clunky and we can work on it from any computer. Oh the ideas, the ideas. KAndre and Muski have agreed to having their own blogs on FCA...if anyone else has ideas about something they'd like to see or would like to do just PM us. We are so open to ideas and we have projects that we could use help on. LdyJ is going to oversee our Clay archive project --a comprehensive listing of all his press .. if someone wants to help in adding links to Clay sites they find... believe me we have jobs LOL.

Have a good week everyone.

Just spent the last hour looking at flights between Oak-Spokane-Seattle-Palm Springs and all the permutations of those city connections...trying to figure out how to make sure I can go to the So. Cal. Four-Fer and still participate in the family vacation and still be able to fly to Florida for the last concert, too.

I will not say that I need to get a life. I have quite enough lives as it is, thank you. :blink::blush: