# 9 He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• He's a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.
    • Clay live just replentishes my soul.
    • There's so much more in life (and in Clay) to enjoy, celebrate, and savor.
    • Oh. My. God...on so many levels!
    • The world needs more Clay Aikens.
    • All done darling, all done. All finished.
    • Clay isn't the only good guy out there. He's just the one we love the most.
    • It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.
    • He sells himself so very well.
    • Teefy, toofy; Smiley, goofy; windky, "wonky;" My favorite "honky!"
    • He is simply doing his thing...quietly...without fanfare...what a beautiful thing.
    • That doesn't mean that I don't still think that he is super hawt and that I'd like to lick him...
    • He was cute, he sings pretty, he teases people, and he's sexy.

OMG. I just watched the AI5 Finale again...hadn't seen that in a while. And all my doubts about planning to go to so many concerts just went away in a pitiful puff of smoke. Damn. The man is mesmerizing. The VOX is tantalizing. He literally takes my breath away when he's on a stage. That place went berserk and Paula looked around more than once at the noise and adulation. What a moment that was!

Gotta go watch it a few more times. :hubbahubba:

Whoa! Two more concert dates!

July 28, Newark NJ

and

Aug. 12, Knoxville, TN

Lord, my heart can't take it....at least I KNOW I won't be going to these! :Tour4: :Tour3:

I love how they're listed in the information about the presale but not in the tour listing!

Newark? That's to close to pass up and I am running out of money!

And what about filling in that gap between Tulsa nd Philly??

One man, with a couple of pleas on the internet, a caring fanbase and I'm sure some generous "not just us" types thrown in, has been able to raise over a quarter of a million dollars for UNICEF in less than a year. That is impressive. Bravo, Clay. Now if you add in his Bubel Aiken Gala the Six Degrees effort and other BAF fundraisers, it would probably push the numbers to close to half a million. He is making a difference, and it has been acheived with relatively little fanfare. A lot of people will be helped as a result of these efforts.

I know some people make fun of Branson entertainment, but I have to mention that I just returned from a short trip there. We chose to go to a show at Dick Clark's American Bandstand. The featured performers were Paul Revere and the Raiders and Bill Medley. It was a great show. Paul Revere served more as an MC for their portion of the show and he was hilarious (he did also play one of the keyboards.) Bill Medley's son took on Mark Lindsay's role and he did a great job. Was quite a looker too. For Bill Medley's portion of the the show, the same band performed with him, they really were excellent musicians. When Bill Medley performed "Unchained Melody" close to the end of the show he did it as a tribute to Bobby Hatfield, and they had pictures of him (Bobby) displayed on the video screens. It was a very moving performance. He also had his son perform with him on a couple of songs. If I get the chance I will probably see this show again.

It's funny, as much as I enjoyed this show, and even though these were seasoned performers, they still didn't have the connection with the audience I see with Clay. He really is something special.

Edited by atinal

yay to more concert dates. Thanks for all the pretties today..and nope, don't need a reason!

Claygasm, you are a mess. But I can SOOOOOOOOOO relate.

But let's have a minute of mourning for my Houston concert. I came to my senses since Clay gave me so many California dates. After all there is still a Xmas concert series to come later this year

Another e-mail has gone out from UNICEF - you can see it at this link.

Love this! Whether or not Idol plans to make something of Clay's connection to UNICEF, UNICEF certainly is doing so. He's at least as much the focus of this IGB promo e-mail as the show is.

Edited by jmh123

I was going to post about this awhile ago about the time the Afghanistan news came pouring in, but now seems a good time to do it. iTunes lists the songs available from an artist in the order of their popularity. I have no idea whether this represents total sales or some other time period, but given the results, I'm not sure it matters. Some of the "oldest" releases are right up at the top.

One advantage of waiting is that I can present two lists, one from April 9, and one from today.

April 9:

Mary, Did You Know.........................................................Merry Christmas With Love

Bridge over Troubled Water......This is the Night - Single

Solitaire.....................................The Way / Solitaire - EP

This Is the Night........................This is the Night - Single

The Way....................................The Way / Solitaire - EP

The First Noel............................American Idol - The Great Holiday Classics

A Thousand Days..................................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

On the Wings of Love................American Idol Season 2: All Time Classic American Love Songs

O Holy Night....................................................................Merry Christmas With Love

Invisible.........................................................Video

Without You..........................................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Right Here Waiting................................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Every Time You Go Away.......................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Measure of a Man..........................................Measure of a Man

Hark the Herald Angels Sing / O Come All Ye Faithful.......Merry Christmas With Love

Silver Bells............................American Idol - The Great Holiday Classics

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas............................Merry Christmas With Love

I Want to Know What Love Is...............A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Everything I Have..................................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Because You Loved Me..........................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Winter Wonderland........................................................ Merry Christmas With Love

Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word....A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

I Will Carry You..............................................Measure of a Man

The Way........................................................Measure of a Man

Don't Save It All for Christmas Day..................................Merry Christmas With Love

Broken Wings.........................................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Merry Christmas With Love..............................................Merry Christmas With Love

Silent Night......................................................................Merry Christmas With Love

Joy to the World..............................................................Merry Christmas With Love

When I See You Smile.............................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Everything I Do (I Do It for You)..............A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Lonely No More.......................................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Sleigh Ride.......................................................................Merry Christmas With Love

Here You Come Again.............................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

These Open Arms...................................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On an Open Fire)...Merry Christmas With Love

I Survived You...............................................Measure of a Man

When You Say You Love Me..........................Measure of a Man

Perfect Day................................,...................Measure of a Man

Run to Me......................................................Measure of a Man

Touch............................................................Measure of a Man

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?.................................Merry Christmas With Love

Shine............................................................Measure of a Man

No More Sad Song........................................Measure of a Man

doesn't include album exclusives: Without You (Featuring Clay Aiken) Kimberley Locke, One Love;

Lover All Alone, A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version); Proud of Your Boy (Pop Version) Disneymania, Vol. 3

today:

Mary, Did You Know.........................................................Merry Christmas With Love

Bridge over Troubled Water......This is the Night - Single

Solitaire.....................................The Way / Solitaire - EP

This Is the Night........................This is the Night - Single

The Way....................................The Way / Solitaire - EP

The First Noel............................American Idol - The Great Holiday Classics

A Thousand Days..................................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

On the Wings of Love................American Idol Season 2: All Time Classic American Love Songs

O Holy Night....................................................................Merry Christmas With Love

Invisible.........................................................Video

Without You..........................................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Measure of a Man..........................................Measure of a Man

Right Here Waiting................................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Hark the Herald Angels Sing / O Come All Ye Faithful.......Merry Christmas With Love

Because You Loved Me..........................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas............................Merry Christmas With Love

Silver Bells............................American Idol - The Great Holiday Classics

Everything I Have..................................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

I Will Carry You..............................................Measure of a Man

I Want to Know What Love Is...............A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Winter Wonderland........................................................ Merry Christmas With Love

Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word....A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Everything I Do (I Do It for You)..............A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

The Way........................................................Measure of a Man

Don't Save It All for Christmas Day..................................Merry Christmas With Love

Broken Wings.........................................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version

Merry Christmas With Love..............................................Merry Christmas With Love

Every Time You Go Away.......................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Silent Night......................................................................Merry Christmas With Love

Joy to the World..............................................................Merry Christmas With Love

When I See You Smile.............................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Lonely No More.......................................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Sleigh Ride.......................................................................Merry Christmas With Love

When You Say You Love Me..........................Measure of a Man

I Survived You...............................................Measure of a Man

Here You Come Again.............................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On an Open Fire)...Merry Christmas With Love

These Open Arms...................................A Thousand Different Ways (Exclusive Version)

Perfect Day................................,...................Measure of a Man

No More Sad Song........................................Measure of a Man

Touch............................................................Measure of a Man

Shine............................................................Measure of a Man

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?.................................Merry Christmas With Love

Run to Me......................................................Measure of a Man

Now you can't say that ATDW songs are overall better-selling than MOAM songs because they're more recent, because the top sellers are still the songs he's known for from AI. I suppose you could attribute the difference to the fact that fans haven't downloaded MOAM from iTunes because the full album isn't available, and didn't download it before because they weren't into downloading. I can only speak for my own experience, which is that I dl'ed MOAM as soon as I got an iTunes account, along with everything else available from Clay. What it looks like to me is that even though iTunes is supposedly a youth-oriented way of obtaining music, ATDW songs are downloaded more than MOAM songs, which are supposedly more appealing to young people. (Just as ATDW is selling fabulously at my and playbiller's urban oriented Wal-Marts.)

Oh, I think it's way cool that MDYK is #1 of all--it is a fabulous recording, and OHN is also above almost all but the AI songs. It may be that we are seeing the influence of radio play in some of these--the two singles from ADTW are on top, for instance, and radio play may account for the dominance of MCWL, since a number of tracks got play. SB and TFN got lots of radio play even before MCWL, and, in some cases, after, to the exclusion of MCWL tracks. But WW was a radio single, and that's not reflected here. And of all the MOAM songs, MOAM itself is on top, even though it never got radio play and isn't on store/restaurant tapes either. It was performed on television once.

I wonder what the stats looked like pre-ATDW, and I wonder if they had any influence on the decision to do a covers album. Looking at this, and considering that there is a CC connection to the tour (some venues promoted by Live Nation), I'm wondering if releasing ATD to Hot AC as a single a few weeks before the tour starts would make more sense than releasing a new single. I think ATD could've done a lot better on AC if only CC had climbed on board, but maybe a decision was made to wait?? Considering that the radio play was lackluster, ATD is way high on the list.

So these are my various thoughts and speculations. Yours??

ETA: I still think MOAM is underrated, and some of them young 'uns ought to give it a listen.

Edited by jmh123

Mary Did You Know... that's such a perfect, beautiful little song. During the Atlanta JNT05 there was a guy across the aisle from me that started boo hooing as soon as he heard the first the music began to play. He'd seen Clay on The Tonight Show and came just to hear it.

I love that UNICEF email that went out probably to everybody that ever made a donation exhorting them to watch IGB... and right underneath, a reminder of that Clay Aiken guy.

ETA: No matter anyone's opinion on IGB, the paranoia is driving me up a wall - as if these humoungus organizations have nothing better to do today but play a little chess game surrounding Clay Aiken. . I'll be glad when it's over and we get back to the normal conspiracy theories about ATDW.

Whoa! Two more concert dates!

July 28, Newark NJ

and

Aug. 12, Knoxville, TN

Lord, my heart can't take it....at least I KNOW I won't be going to these! :Tour4: :Tour3:

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Knoxville TN?????? The day after Asheville, and right on our way home along I-75. Hard to pass up. :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

Luckiest1, the problem is they are ALL hard to pass up!

I admire your strength, couchie, in letting Houston go. Sadly I don't think I have reach that point in my recovery. I have barely reached Step 1 - admitting I have a problem!

Meanwhile I got a kick out the the description on the Knoxville venue's website:

Tennessee Theatre

Clay Aiken, performing with a full orchestra

Sunday, August 12, 2007 at 8 p.m.

Ticket Info:

Tickets are $49.75 and $69, plus applicable service fees. Tickets go on sale Friday, April 27, 10 a.m.

Tickets available at all Tickets Unlimited Outlets, by phone at 865-656-4444, online, or at the Theatre's Clinch Avenue Box Office Monday-Friday 10am-5pm.

Doors open at 7 p.m.

No slave to fickle trends or fashion fads, Clay Aiken has once again listened to his heart and has come up with an album that extols the value of love in all of its myriad forms. The singer’s third CD, A Thousand Different Ways, offers fans 10 cover versions of love songs spanning the last three decades, as well as four brand-new songs that are destined to become Aiken classics in their own right. Aiken performs with a full symphony orchestra at the Tennessee Theatre.

Hee! No slave to fashion! :lol:

Oh, and do you think he will be singing any songs from that album he hates so much?????

ETA: No matter anyone's opinion on IGB, the paranoia is driving me up a wall - as if these humoungus organizations have nothing better to do today but play a little chess game surrounding Clay Aiken. . I'll be glad when it's over and we get back to the normal conspiracy theories about ATDW.
This how I feel!! I'll be happy to have this whole [damn] thing over with!!

IT STARTS TONIGHT!!!

This how I feel!! I'll be happy to have this whole [damn] thing over with!!

IT STARTS TONIGHT!!!

A big fat word! I hope IGB is hugely successful and I cannot wait until its over.

Of course, whether there is a Clay mention, appearance or nada, I am sure it will supply a good week or two or aftermath paranoia!

OY!

There have been some conflicting info re: getting tickets for Frisco. I just talked with Jose in Dallas. He is NOT selling individual event tickets now. Right now he's only selling the multiple event package for $130 and seating is in Section 103. According to him, individual event tix will NOT go on sale until next Friday, May 4th. If somebody else gets different info, let me know, but he was very sure about this when we talked.

Obviously, if I lived in the area, I'd go for it...but guess I'll be waiting for the single ticket sales.

And I'm with all of you in the ENOUGH ALREADY! :badpc: :angry22: at the angsting and pontificating and theorizing about how the world is holding its breath to find out why Clay is being dissed. If he's on this show tomorrow in some capacity, wheeeeee! Clay's on my teevee! :allgood: If he's not, I hope he's sitting home in his jammies (or out of them heh) watching the show and saying after every performance, "I could sing that better."

Ha!Ha! (tmCHA)

I"m kinda looking forward to tonight with the hope that Clay's mentioned, but if not.....yes I expect he won't be and it does rankle , but i'm not losing sleep. Clay's star is rising without their help.

So who else is going to Cary, Asheville and Knoxville besides me? Will I get to meet any one?

My doctor said she interned for three years in Asheville and said it was one of the most beautiful places she has ever lived in. :allgood:

I can understand people being pissed after the fact if he isn't mentioned (or even before the fact that the publicty goes on without him) but to sit there and watch the IGB website looking for incremental disses of Clay is stupid. And taking someone else's stupidity and spreading it to every board as if they had just discovered THE key to the Kennedy assasination is also not productive.

So who else is going to Cary, Asheville and Knoxville besides me? Will I get to meet any one?

*raises hand* Me, me me!!!!! :lol: I can't believe I'm doing two 3fers on this tour.

Someone stop me.

*crickets*

Ooooooookay then. Enablers, all of you!

Oooh, and WORD to the wise couchie above me. I just keep reading and shaking my head and trying not to comment, because when I do I get myself in hot water.

Edited by luckiest1

Heh. I was thinking about the secret cabal of Fanjayas out there somewhere, keeping track of every diss and disparaging comment that their boy has been subject to. Now there's a fan group that has a seriously big score to settle... Honestly, you'd think that poor kid was solely responsible for the fall of Western Civilization as we know it, instead of being the only mildly interesting contestant on a very dull season of a reality show. I think the slings and arrows Clay has had to suffer at the hands of TPTB have been pretty mild in comparison.

My pre-sale is on Thursday. I think I'm already suffering from :Tour4: . I better go breathe into a paper bag and practice on Ticketmaster for a bit.

I can understand people being pissed after the fact if he isn't mentioned (or even before the fact that the publicty goes on without him) but to sit there and watch the IGB website looking for incremental disses of Clay is stupid. And taking someone else's stupidity and spreading it to every board as if they had just discovered THE key to the Kennedy assasination is also not productive.

So.Much.Word. You know, there are enough ACTUAL disses of Clay one encounters on a regular basis that it seems ridiculous to actually go out hunting for more. I don't know how it benefits anyone to live their fandom life in a perpetual state of righteous indignation. Of course, you do realize that all employees of RCA AND AI wake up each morning with the singular goal of destroying Clay Aiken's career, right? :P

I won't even be pissed if Clay isn't mentioned because I simply will not have enough information to know why. I can ASSUME that he is being dissed, but none of us will really know for sure what is behind any decision to not mention or feature Clay. For all I know, that might have been what Clay wanted.

In any case, I am ultra busy this week and am financially tapped out for the month, so I will neither be watching nor donating, but it's not because of any animosity towards AI. As much as folks think Clay has been relentlessly dissed by AI, I think he's had far more attention than the majority of runners-up, and even more attention than at least one winner. (Ruben, and possibly Taylor) If we want to talk about dissing, what about the times Ruben has been featured in the audience without getting to perform? What about Bucky being briefly shown during Country week, when he might have been tapped to perform, and getting Fergie instead? Clay has actually come out better than many alumni.

Heh. I was thinking about the secret cabal of Fanjayas out there somewhere, keeping track of every diss and disparaging comment that their boy has been subject to. Now there's a fan group that has a seriously big score to settle... Honestly, you'd think that poor kid was solely responsible for the fall of Western Civilization as we know it, instead of being the only mildly interesting contestant on a very dull season of a reality show. I think the slings and arrows Clay has had to suffer at the hands of TPTB have been pretty mild in comparison.

For sure. Poor Sanjaya has endured far more disses in only a few months than Clay has probably had in his entire career, and he's just a 17 year old boy.

The Fanjayas must have been pissed at Letterman last night. I didn't see the part of the show where Sanjaya actually appeared, but in the beginning of the show, Dave and Paul took shot after cheap shot at Sanjaya. It wasn't pretty -- and the Fanjayas must have been livid. I don't think Clay has ever had to withstand anything like that waiting in the wings to go on. If he did, I'm glad I don't know about it.

I think this must be why Clay was supporting Sanjaya -- the kid actually is an amateur, unlike most of the other contestants, and is a innocent thrown to the wolves. I thought it was ridiculous for better singers to be voted off with Sanjaya remaining ... but now I'm feeling it for the kid. I hope he makes some money.

I'm going to watch IGB tomorrow -- especially to see if they pull off this rumored "duet" between Celine and Elvis. I'm not a big Celine fan, nor was I a fan of Elvis, but hey, it's live .... (except for Elvis).

I don't know who did this one but I loved the Rippa gate in the sunglasses.

RipaBusted.jpg

OMG, I'd never seen that before. That's fantastic -- and he looked sooooooooo cool that evening, besides.

silly_tongue.gifPlease don't ask me to explain the contents of my photobucket account..

BWAH....and I know what you mean. I've loaded personal family photos into subalbums, and then sent the link to my family, praying to God that they don't backtrack and see my main album. There would be some 'splainin' to doooooooo!

But watching him didn't do anything funny to any of my parts, that's fo sho.

*sigh* It seems the honeymoon period is over... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Seriously, while I think the lighting on that set really did a number on him...I think I'm mostly past the shallowness aspect of my "relationship" with Clay. I watched him on ET, and was fascinated, because I simply love to hear the man talk. His mind is what I'm finding fascinating. Oh sure, I still get a thril in the bill when he shows up looking particularly handsome (and I'm surprised how much I'm missing the beard already), I'm just so much more enthralled with the man. *off to draw angelwings on my entire picture collection*

*ducks stones from the entire FCA contingency*

And what about filling in that gap between Tulsa nd Philly??

Seriously! I NEEEEEEED shows during that time that are close to me. NEEEEEEEED I tell ya!

One man, with a couple of pleas on the internet, a caring fanbase and I'm sure some generous "not just us" types thrown in, has been able to raise over a quarter of a million dollars for UNICEF in less than a year. That is impressive. Bravo, Clay. Now if you add in his Bubel Aiken Gala the Six Degrees effort and other BAF fundraisers, it would probably push the numbers to close to half a million. He is making a difference, and it has been acheived with relatively little fanfare. A lot of people will be helped as a result of these efforts.

Well said. Clay is a money making machine -- both for his own personal gain, and for those charities that he feels passionate about. I seriously believe that my point number 2 is what makes him feel better about himself, as well.

So these are my various thoughts and speculations. Yours??

Thanks for doing that jmh! I'm pleased as punch, and yet not really surprised, that MDYK is at the top of the list. He does it incredibly well, and I know a number of people whom I've introduced to Clay Aiken via that song. It's also interesting to me to watch the shiftings of the ATDW songs -- for example, BYLM moved up, which I like, because I think that's one of the strongest songs on the album. I'm a bit surprised at the showings for BW and especially HYCA though -- two more incredibly good songs, ones that I wish more people would hear.

ETA: I still think MOAM is underrated, and some of them young 'uns ought to give it a listen.

Yes! I still pull out MOAM from time to time, and just love listening to the entire thing. He was so young, and green...but he pulled out a pretty darn good album, IMO.

And I'm with all of you in the ENOUGH ALREADY! :badpc: :angry22: at the angsting and pontificating and theorizing about how the world is holding its breath to find out why Clay is being dissed. If he's on this show tomorrow in some capacity, wheeeeee! Clay's on my teevee! :allgood: If he's not, I hope he's sitting home in his jammies (or out of them heh) watching the show and saying after every performance, "I could sing that better."

Ha!Ha! (tmCHA)

That's my feeling too -- weariness at the endless pushing by AI and the media (while good to publicize the cause, it just got to be too much in the last few days), and weariness in so many fan's reactions, waiting for that one little diss (or non-mention). BTW, I like the idea of Clay watching TV without pj's. Hmmmm.....

I think this must be why Clay was supporting Sanjaya -- the kid actually is an amateur, unlike most of the other contestants, and is a innocent thrown to the wolves. I thought it was ridiculous for better singers to be voted off with Sanjaya remaining ... but now I'm feeling it for the kid. I hope he makes some money.

Between that, and the fact that Sanjaya really did pull some ballsy maneuvers (I liken the ponyhawk to Clay's red leather jacket), and I agree. I hate seeing someone put down in any way, shape or form -- and so much of what I've read and seen lately has made me totally cringe. I hope Sanjaya can keep his sense of humor in tact.

Just a quick fly-by........

Re the Sanjaya/Letterman......

Didn't see it but here's a video of the last 5 on the countdown.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/tv/artic...424103209990001

Oh!!! and I love that Aiken guy!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by cha cha trusty