# 9 He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• He's a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.
    • Clay live just replentishes my soul.
    • There's so much more in life (and in Clay) to enjoy, celebrate, and savor.
    • Oh. My. God...on so many levels!
    • The world needs more Clay Aikens.
    • All done darling, all done. All finished.
    • Clay isn't the only good guy out there. He's just the one we love the most.
    • It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.
    • He sells himself so very well.
    • Teefy, toofy; Smiley, goofy; windky, "wonky;" My favorite "honky!"
    • He is simply doing his thing...quietly...without fanfare...what a beautiful thing.
    • That doesn't mean that I don't still think that he is super hawt and that I'd like to lick him...
    • He was cute, he sings pretty, he teases people, and he's sexy.

Clay to the baby: "all done, darlin'..."

*sigh*

*sob*

And may I add to that list of reactions:

gah

holyshit

me next

slurp

uhn

dayum..

Yeah, I thought about applying Clay's words, said in that beautiful voice of his, to some other situations that I can imagine....but I thought it best to leave it to my imagination. *g*

Greetings Totally! Hope you like it here!

Claygasm, scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and type in the scrambled code, and then hit the submit button. Then you have to wait a certain number of seconds (I think it was 30) before it will let you download.

Hey Claygasm, I'm so happy to be here too!

And thank you Luckiest1, Ansamcw, and Idyjocelyn for the nice welcome. :giveflowers:

It was so great to see him on ET. I loved that he and Diane wanted to have dinner together in Kabul. That would have been cool if they had been able to. I also thought he looked great, and for the first time, the teeth didn't look weird to me. :cheerleader:

The only WTF moment for me was the whole AI discussion. He thought it would have been great if Sanjaya had won, and can see no reason to even watch now....even though he hasn't been watching anyway? Huh?

Oh well. I've gotten used to him saying some odd stuff occasionally. I'm going to focus on sexy bearded Afghanistan man and newly shaved gorgeous ET man, and be so thrilled that he is getting some recognition for his UNICEF work. :arrowed:

Edited by Totally

Well, here is what I think happened - they asked Clay about Sanjaya, who he could not have avoided hearing about since it permeated the media, and then he realized he had not seen the show and threw taht in for consitancies sake.

What the heck, most people who were talking about Sanjaya knew absolutely nothing about him because they are too cool to watch the show, so what the heck, Clay has that right since he did watch in the past.

Oh well. I've gotten used to him saying some odd stuff occasionally. I'm going to focus on sexy bearded Afghanistan man and newly shaved gorgeous ET man, and be so thrilled that he is getting some recognition for his UNICEF work. :arrowed:

I'll word this - especially after watching ET a few times. Ok, a lot of times!!! I loved seeing the footage from Afghanistan and I loved seeing my beloved beard again!

But he's still HOT without it!

But, since I still love the beard most of all, here are some screencaps I made from ET of the UNICEF footage.

vlcsnap-10426194.png

vlcsnap-10425578.png

vlcsnap-10424850.png

vlcsnap-10424650.png

vlcsnap-10421518.png

vlcsnap-10421186.png

Yo!

Welcome to Totally! And hugs to Mr. Clayzor!

Did ya'll check out mee2u2s hi res video from UNICEF with no UNICEF voiceover. You can hear every peep out of Clay's mouth. If you liked that baby cooing, hold on to your... er, whatever you feel like holding. LOL.

They are really amazing!! Don't miss 'em!

Pax put links to d/l here, on the CH. Scroll down to her post almost at the bottom of this page:

http://www.theclackhouse.com/bb/viewtopic....c&start=850

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Whoo hoooo...thanks for all the beautiful links for all the days events. I'm downloading as I type and can't wait to catch up. I'm so happy Clay has this ET/Insider connection - they have been very very good to him. Not just what they have shown of him but that they never bothered to "report" crap. I guess Roger gets those kudos for pulling that all together. That's what this business is all about...con nec tions.

Welcome Totally...Looking forward to getting to know you. Muski and I are neighbors so I know she's just the best and I've loved getting to know CG over the past few months and can't wait to hang out with her a bit at the tour this summer.

My impression of Clay and Idol is that he knew just enough to say the "right" things. He knew the mohawk hair do. I haven't watched one minute of the show and that's the one I've seen the most too. Sanjaya is really everywhere right now.

Good to see Diana and Clay are still friends. She's definitely still fangirly. I just love how she gets around Clay..it's adorable.

And before I finished this post I have watched all the clack. Good job ET. And there's probably so much more on the cutting room floor...even though they didn't mention the donation drive specifically, they did mention the UNICEF site, I think, so maybe people will find their way to it and give.

LdyJ..to me although we have gotten snippets of Clay's previous UNICEF trips this was the first time it was easily accessible and lots of press during the time he went and returned. I think perhaps UNICEF understands now that they can depend on him to get their message out there and be a good fundraiser. I think that first trip was "practice" as he kept calling it. I think his connection to that organization will only deepen. I'm so proud of him..

*deleted because this is being misunderstood and I'm too brain dead to clarify*

Keepingfaith and the eHP. Good match. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm going to be really, really surprised if Clay isn't involved somehow in this Idol show. Heck, it was mentioned in the ET promo, and we all know that ET says what they're told to say, right, isn't that the fan wank? That being the case, someone must have told them to make this about Idol. Whatever.

:allgood:

I'm ready to partay!!! :TourExcite:

Welcome, Totally. Great moniker.

Computer annoyances are keeping me quieter than usual, but I'm still here. Afghanistan Clay is hawt, y'all.

Edited by jmh123

Is this Page ONE??????

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I just want to tell you that the pic posted with your name is soooooooo coooooooooool!!!!

Thanks marsha!!! Feel free to steal it - I got it from somewhere else and I can't even remember where!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Is anyone having problems with the right-click and save from deepsouthgirl's photobucket acct? Everytime I try to save a pic the hourglass spins and spins and I end up having to end program. Which closes all the IE windows - so PLLLLLLLLLlllltttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!! WTF?? I upgraded to the new IE yesterday - could that be it? (Actually - it doesn't happen on any others, so maybe not... eta: OK - just happened on gazzy's pix too - I give up for now - off to bed!!! )

HOW CUTE WAS BOYFIREND TONIGHT?? GAHHH!!

crap - how did it get this late?

OT; Bucky was on Kimmel last night

Edited by cha cha trusty

I need to watch the ET thing again. Only saw it on teevee when it aired and then hurriedly from a download. Uh....sorry, but my first impression wasn't all gah. I didn't think he looked all that good, although he sounded great and seemed really comfortable. What a contrast between the pasty faced white boy on ET and the clips of Royal Aghani Prince Aiken, bearded and be-robed!

Yeppers! Totally is the very first Clay-friend I made online---very first one I met in person---and we both got our knuckles rapped on our very first message board for being bawdy! Great story, remind me to tell you about it sometime! :TourExcite: I had to convince her hubby that I wasn't an axe murderer when she and I made plans for me to go to her house when he and the family were going to be away. :P I've been talking to her about this place...glad she found her way! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Muski...I gotta agree that it was not my favorite look either. But he certainly looked better than that screencap ET first had on their site. I think htat made me prepare for the worse and when I saw the video...I just had to EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE cos he looked much better afterall. How funny is it that he can look so different...I think thats whats so cool about that ET appearance we get cleanshaven Clay for KAndre and others who do not like facial hair...and we get full beard and bangs Clay...so cool.

Its obvious that UNICEF is taking full advantage of Clay's celebrity status and I think the only trip that didn't really get a high level of publicity was Uganda...and I got the impression that it was more political within UNICEF that created that situation cos they also didn't put that up right away on their site...we only saw the Uganda video and pictures several months after.

I do get a sense from Clay that his humanitarian efforts is a seperate focus than his career. It is a priority in of itself and not just something he does to enhance his celebrity status and recording career.

Oh god my husband thinks he is sooo funny! We were talking about how I can see better now even in my bad eye and he warns me not to be disappointed when I get the good eye fixed. I'm thinking it's that he's concerned that my vision will still not be as good as I hope for. No! he told me that once I see Clay clearly I will not like him as much! Fat chance....it's not all about the looks!

I have watched the "darlin" clip mumble something times and it is just the sweetest thing! Could he get any cuter?

I do get a sense from Clay that his humanitarian efforts is a seperate focus than his career. It is a priority in of itself and not just something he does to enhance his celebrity status and recording career.

Just for the record, in case there is any doubt, I agree with this completely.

I'm going to be really, really surprised if Clay isn't involved somehow in this Idol show. Heck, it was mentioned in the ET promo, and we all know that ET says what they're told to say, right, isn't that the fan wank? That being the case, someone must have told them to make this about Idol. Whatever.

Bwah I don't know what the fan wank is this week but you're not goigg out on any kind of limb to say Clay might be involved with IGB. But wasn't everybody upSET last week because he wasn't mentioned? Even then I knew he might be involved. Rocket Sciene this ain't.. And Clay will always be asked about Idol anywhere he goes especially when that show is actually airing. The boy is the face of idol. That's why I never mind his association with the show. They will always be connected.

And I love pasty white - that's the boy I fell for in the first place. heee.And frankly he's pasty white 90% of the time. LOL. I liked the beard but then I love most of his looks. Snowflake lighting is still a favorite though but I never get too attached cuz I know that soon? Zap!

I do as well.

It seems to me that Clay has clearly marked "lines" in his life -- he's a singer; he's a celebrity; he's a humanitarian (AN humanitarian? I could never remember that grammar rule...); and he's a private citizen. He knows that, for example, he can rely on his celebrity status to help his humanitarian causes (as we so well saw this past week -- $160,000?!?!? WOW). But for the most part, I think he knows how to keep these different aspects of his life fairly separate.

The problem to me comes from some of the fans. Some cannot stand that he spends time on doing humanitarian work when he should be recording an album. Some think he shouldn't take vacations; he needs to be a pop star and celebrity all the time. And some feel that the humanitarian work is actually something that is working toward the goal of him selling more records. IMO, that's just the tip of the iceberg for some fans -- I won't even get into the "private life" stuff.

To me, though -- he is a combination platter of all these things, and yet, things don't get mixed together too often. He lives his life exactly the way he feels it should go. I'm sure there is some planning involved, maybe even a 5 year plan -- I think we all do that somewhat as human beings. But my point is that he does these things on his own terms, he really doesn't do all this stuff because people are in the background suggesting he do certain things ALL THE TIME. And I think some fans need to realize that he's gonna do things that don't fit into THEIR plans for him, and they'll have to make a choice -- either relax and let Clay Aiken take them on a ride (heh) and ignore the stuff they don't care for, or else just let their fandom go.

OK, soap box over. I think I'll go back to watching Clay with the baby a few gazillion more times.

You know, the last few pages have been relatively emoticon free. What's up wit dat?

:EmoticonRingAround: :music-smiley-023: :medium-smiley-075: :nana:

Yeppers! Totally is the very first Clay-friend I made online---very first one I met in person---and we both got our knuckles rapped on our very first message board for being bawdy! Great story, remind me to tell you about it sometime! :TourExcite: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Musskkkiiiiii! You weren't supposed to tell them that I have DIIRRTTYY mind like you! I was trying to pass myself off as a nice girl. :rolleyes: (on the off chance they haven't read any of my stories) :blush:

I do as well.

.... my point is that he does these things on his own terms, he really doesn't do all this stuff because people are in the background suggesting he do certain things ALL THE TIME. And I think some fans need to realize that he's gonna do things that don't fit into THEIR plans for him, and they'll have to make a choice -- either relax and let Clay Aiken take them on a ride (heh) and ignore the stuff they don't care for, or else just let their fandom go.

As much as I would love a hot rock album - well, a girl can dream, can't she? :) - I am so proud to be a Clay Aiken fan Because of his charity and humanitarian work. It's makes him all the more attractive to me, and pushes me to be a better person in my own life.

Couch Tomato I've heard so many nice things about you. Hope I get to meet you this summer too!

And again, Thanks so much for the nice welcome from everyone here! Muski told me this was a very friendly, positive place. :hugs-1:

I need to watch the ET thing again. Only saw it on teevee when it aired and then hurriedly from a download. Uh....sorry, but my first impression wasn't all gah. I didn't think he looked all that good, although he sounded great and seemed really comfortable. What a contrast between the pasty faced white boy on ET and the clips of Royal Aghani Prince Aiken, bearded and be-robed!

Oh I didn't think he looked that great in the interview either. Notice not one of my screencaps were of that Clay. Give me the Afghani prince anyday! In fact - not don't stone me - I think he looked a tad feminine in the ET interview.

I am soooooooooo glad they showed some of the Afghanistan footage so people could see him when he had the beard!

I mourn the beard. :(

Yeppers! Totally is the very first Clay-friend I made online---very first one I met in person---and we both got our knuckles rapped on our very first message board for being bawdy! Great story, remind me to tell you about it sometime! :TourExcite: I had to convince her hubby that I wasn't an axe murderer when she and I made plans for me to go to her house when he and the family were going to be away. :P I've been talking to her about this place...glad she found her way! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm glad you talked to Totally about this place, muski! I "met" Totally over at our first board too. We all got our knuckles rapped often. I think I may have had them rapped a bit more than anyone, though.

Course, stubborn me hung around there longer than muski or Totally!

Isn't it funny how so many of our families thought when we first met up with Clay friends that we were meeting up with axe murderers??? :lol:

I completely agree. I think his humanitarian work feeds his soul. In a way, I think singing does too because he so obviously loves singing. But his humanitarian work I think gives his life meaning and helps keep everything in perspective for him. I think that's important because he is in a profession where perspective is often lost.

Bwah I don't know what the fan wank is this week but you're not goigg out on any kind of limb to say Clay might be involved with IGB. But wasn't everybody upSET last week because he wasn't mentioned? Even then I knew he might be involved. Rocket Sciene this ain't.. And Clay will always be asked about Idol anywhere he goes especially when that show is actually airing. The boy is the face of idol. That's why I never mind his association with the show. They will always be connected.

Oh don't you all know that the ONLY reason for IGB is to line the corporate pockets and get much needed publicity for Idol? (Because no one ever talks about or watches Idol you know...) Oh, and Clay WOULD NEVER consent to be on it even if they begged after Ryan dissed his Afghani outfit instead of praising his trip to the heavens! (Clay's petty like that, you know....) Not to mention, Clay would never lend himself to a show that is so obvious misleading people (intentionally, of course) into giving money to shady people who won't even tell you where its going. I mean, we KNOW where its going - right into the pockets of Simon Cowell, Simon Fuller and Nigel Lythgoe! THIS IS FACT PEOPLE!! I read it on a very well respected message board! Someone call the feds!!

Clay is truly above IGB. Why would he even consider appearing? I mean really! Can you imagine? They haven't even mentioned his name ONCE! They are asking all kind of acts to perform, but not Clay? Not even a mention when he is the ONLY Idol alum who is a humantarian and the ONLY one who gives a damn about someone other than themselves! I mean, they've asked Kelly and (I think) Carrie, but not Clay? Come on! So what if they're winners and the two biggest sellers in Idol history. There's no excuse for asking them and not Clay. No one likes them!

And you know what else. I wouldn't be caught dead watching IGB because they have dissed Clay by not making him the main attraction of this whole show. Why, there shouldn't even be any other acts! It should be all about Clay because he is so far above any past Idol contestant the others aren't worthy of even sharing the same stage as Clay! And look - Clay raised over $100,000 in less than 10 days. He's he only person in the world who makes people want to give. But then again, he wouldn't do it for Idol. He hates them and wants nothing to do with them anymore. That's why he's not watching this year.

Then again, Idol probably has been BEGGING Clay to be on IGB because they need to have him on so people will think maybe IGB is credible and not just out to line the corproate pockets. But Clay, of course, turned them down because he hates them all.

**The above was brought to you by SNARKrUS in a effort to summarize this week's fan wank. Some wank may have inadvertantly been omitted. The above snark in no way is meant to imply agreement or endorsement of any of the views expressed. It is meant purely for entertainment purposes.**

You know, the last few pages have been relatively emoticon free. What's up wit dat?

:EmoticonRingAround: :music-smiley-023: :medium-smiley-075: :nana:

You know, you're right! Can't have that!

I think I'll throw one in just for bottle!

:3:

**The above was brought to you by SNARKrUS in a effort to summarize this week's fan wank. Some wank may have inadvertantly been omitted. The above snark in no way is meant to imply agreement or endorsement of any of the views expressed. It is meant purely for entertainment purposes.**

And entertaining that was. Just bwah. And can't wait for next week's edition IF Clay is involved in IGB.

OK off to see my neice and nephew in their cabaret. I'm sure the singing and dancing will equal even the best entertainment in the world. heee.

As much as I chuckled at your snarkfest, Claygasm, I'm not holding my breath, hoping or thinking that Clay might be on the AI festivities next week. I have gotten the feeling that there is no love lost between Clay and AI. Don't know why they would completely ignore his existence otherwise.

FYI - some Ruben fans are just a bit upset the they have not asked Ruben (and even Clay) to participate since he has a foundation that aid children (unlike say, idols that are going to appear). It seems that idol is not doing this show to promote their own idols, but to have more people watch and contribute.

If they pull this off, there will be the highest ratings ever on Idol (nothing to sneeze at) the most number of voting phone calls registered and some good PR and possible new advertisers. Oh, and some charities will have millions upon millions raised and personal awareness will have reached a number of people who have no concept of this.

I do have to wonder why Clay is in Hollywood and have to think he will speak if not perform on the show. The fact taht they might have Clay and not have him sing is rather odd, but not everyone is a fan like we are.

I really don't think Idol will ever ignore Clay's existence. They were QUITE thrilled with themselves with the way Clay's appearance turned into a major hit last year on the finale. They have not ignored his efforts as they are mentioned on their website. Idol is the biggest show in America. They now have multiple success stories and can grab any hot artist out there to be on their show yet Clay still IMO gets his share of props from them.

But his humanitarian work I think gives his life meaning and helps keep everything in perspective for him. I think that's important because he is in a profession where perspective is often lost.
CG, this says it for me, too. It's almost as though his humanitarian efforts have taken the place of his WWJD bracelet---it grounds him amid the craziness of his celebrity.

Clay on AI? whatever. If he shows up, he'll blow them all away. If he doesn't, they'll still sweep in the votes and the ratings and the money, hopefully much of it going to deserving charities, so...

whatever. Emoticons? Well, see, the thing is that I don't need to use a number of the ones on the left there on a regular basis (uh, this one excepted, of course :hubbahubba: ), so I'm too lazy to open up the whole shebang to choose from....

Calling all mods! (which is just about everyone here) We need a laughter smiley on the left and....DAMN IT, Couchie! Where the HELL is that whistling emoticon I asked for when I first came here! :badpc:

I'm not expecting Clay to make an appearance on IGB but if he does, I will be very happy. I think longtime AI watchers would enjoy learning more about Clay's humanitarian activities. As an Idol alum who is a bonifide UNICEF amabassador, I think he should be included in this effort.

I thought pasty white Clay was beautiful on ET. It was good to see those cheekbones again. With beard of without, he's a stunning looking man. :hubbahubba: <<I like this one.

Edited by Invisible926

FYI - some Ruben fans are just a bit upset the they have not asked Ruben (and even Clay) to participate since he has a foundation that aid children (unlike say, idols that are going to appear). It seems that idol is not doing this show to promote their own idols, but to have more people watch and contribute.

If they pull this off, there will be the highest ratings ever on Idol (nothing to sneeze at) the most number of voting phone calls registered and some good PR and possible new advertisers. Oh, and some charities will have millions upon millions raised and personal awareness will have reached a number of people who have no concept of this.

I do have to wonder why Clay is in Hollywood and have to think he will speak if not perform on the show. The fact taht they might have Clay and not have him sing is rather odd, but not everyone is a fan like we are.

Now there's a concept! Ask acts who have nothing to do with Idol to broaden the appeal of the show to perhaps make more money for the charities!!

If you look over the Idol roster there are more not being included (that we know of) than are. No Ruben or Fantasia or Taylor - all winners. No Bo, no Kat, no DAUGHTRY!!!!!, no Kelli Pickler. Not even Jennifer Hudson! They only have a limited amount of time and I think it is actually a good thing they are reaching out to acts who are not normally associated with idol.

I always thought IF Clay were involved it wouldn't be performing. I kind of thought he might say something in a video clip about UNICEF, maybe some footage shown of his Uganda trip, since this effort is aimed at the children in Africa. Something like that doesn't usually receive advance publicity. Who knows. Maybe the reason he is in LA has something to do with IGB. Maybe they are taping something. It even occurred to me they might be doing a "We Are The World" type song with all sorts of past Idols as well as some of the non-Idols who are performing on the show. Maybe that's some kind of big surprise ending.

Thing is, we may never know if Clay were asked and refused and if he refused why or if he was never asked. I don't think there is any animosity between Clay and Idol as a show. He seemed happy to make his surprise appearance on the finale last year - and Idol asked him to appear on their biggest show of the season! I think the only one associated with Idol who may have been upset at all the watercooler buzz that followed was Taylor! He won and he was totally over-shadowed. I just think Clay is not always on the minds of the Idol folks, just as Idol isn't always on the mind of Clay. Doesn't mean there is no love lost. Just means they both have moved forward. To me, that's a good thing.

Personally, I hope IGB is super successful - with or without Clay. If a lot of people receive help they desperarely need, if people in this country become aware that there is need, then its all good - with or without Clay.

Now, it a GORGEOUS day here. It is sunny and warm and I have all my windows opened. If I had an iPod and shoes that didn't kill my feet I would take a walk. Instead, I think I may sit outside and read.

As my beloved George Harrison once sang "Its been a long cold lonely winter... Here comes the sun!"!

Later. :F_05BL17blowkiss: