# 9 He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• He's a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.
    • Clay live just replentishes my soul.
    • There's so much more in life (and in Clay) to enjoy, celebrate, and savor.
    • Oh. My. God...on so many levels!
    • The world needs more Clay Aikens.
    • All done darling, all done. All finished.
    • Clay isn't the only good guy out there. He's just the one we love the most.
    • It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.
    • He sells himself so very well.
    • Teefy, toofy; Smiley, goofy; windky, "wonky;" My favorite "honky!"
    • He is simply doing his thing...quietly...without fanfare...what a beautiful thing.
    • That doesn't mean that I don't still think that he is super hawt and that I'd like to lick him...
    • He was cute, he sings pretty, he teases people, and he's sexy.

I have added new tracks for this week on Rose Radio. Be sure to listen in Monday for the preview of the new songs. This week's selections will include tracks by Sister Hazel, Kasey Chambers, John Paul, Guster, Diana DeGarmo, Corinne Bailey Rae, George Huff, Jared Michael Yates, Ray LaMontagne, Sarah Mather, and The Guggenheim Grotto. On Tuesday you can read more about this week's selections on the Rose Radio Blog.

:dj10:

Last word on the subject:

Instead I'll just say in the end, each and every one of us has to do what is right for them. I guess I just don't understand the venomous hatred of all things AI and, by association, IGB. I have said it before, but IMO I think Clay would be ashamed of just how uncharitable some of his fans can be and how easily they can hate.

And I am really not a bad person because I don't hate AI, IGB and I don't like babies and prefer animals to children.

Yes, I do what is right for me - and I reserve venomous hatred for way more important stuff than a TV show - I dislike AI, and I really really don't give a rat's patootie how Clay might feel about that; he has nothing to do with any of this. And ignoring one charity out of hundreds or thousands does not make me a bad person. When someone says But think of the support the chirrun are missing because you won't pick up the phone, they are attempting to make me feel like a bad person, and nope, that doesn't work. AI and Fox have a ridculous number of millions they could easily give and never miss - the vote thing is for publicity for themselves. And a corporation who feels the best use of their money is to spend a million or a half million on a 30-second spot to sell soda pop can afford to give without my phone call, too.

I was not throwing around the bad person or venomous hatred cards - that is a gross exaggeration, and unwarranted. Too simplistic, really, to say if one doesn't like something, or won't contribute to something, that one hates it. I also do not love the terrorists just because I disagree with the current administration. I do admit to being cynical as hell, and I feel that is completely warranted on almost all occasions.

Muski, looks like you have the situation with your daughter well in hand. What I remember from raising my son is that all I had to do in order to make him become immoderately attached to something was to denounce it, or even just express mild dislike. He would immediately leap to the defense and declare his undying love.

I am gonna try and make end runs around that while I am helping to raise my grandson; it is like walking on eggs sometimes.

Dang - I wake up to find that I have to wrestle Faye, and then artquest, in order to get that Grease jacket.

Okay! Worth it!

My recollection of that night is mostly of what I (prolly delusionally) saw in Clay's face - small helpings of nervousness, pride, determination, and a bit of a grin because he KNEW he looked good. Faye also does look good in that jacket, I guess she really should have it, after all!

I'll be glad when thsi whole business is over as the fandom seems to be in an uproar of the show more than ever.

Yeah, that's how I feel, too. I don't care who watches or doesn't watch or donates or doesn't donate. I really don't think the aim is at "us" anyways.....I think the aim is for people who don't already give to maybe make their first donation. I think many of "us" (Clay fans) already give to causes that are near and dear to our hearts. I still hope the show brings in mucho $$$ though and I plan to watch, just out of curiosity.

AI outfits? That's hard to choose! I watched Clay's AI performances *twice* this weekend, just for fun. I would probably have to go with the Solitaire shirt (I think it was just plain black) because that was my "moment" on AI2. You know......the one that sent me over the edge. :cryingwlaughter:

I hope we hear a final total from the Afghanistan appeal today. And maybe....just maybe....Clay might blog about it? please, please, please

I was also wondering if anyone remembers just how long before the start of the Jukebox Tour we found out about the theme? I know I've read elsewhere that the press release didn't go out until about 2-3 weeks prior to the start, but I remember Clay giving an interview and talking about "Americana" long before that. Anyone know?

ETA: I found the first reference to "Americana" was on March 24th, but it was a mention by Linda Loveland. By April we seemed to know about the Jukebox theme. So I'm wondering if Clay might maybe give an interview in which he mentions the tour with more specifics, soon.....once all the focus is off of the Unicef drive and IGB, of course.

Edited by luckiest1

Thanks artquest for posting your blood drive ticket thing. That is a very unique piece of memorabilia. May I just change the subject here a bit and tell you that I have a couple of pins you designed and I love them. They are of good quality. I don't have a FCA pin and would like to have one. If anyone has an extra one they would like to sell me, please Pm me. I'd also like a CV smut bus pin.

Speaking of Faye. I'm sure you all have probably read about her latest adventure of Dancing with the stars. Here is a picture. The guy in the white shirt is her instructor. She loves to dance. Especially line dancing. Look at this dress she is wearing. Is that sexy or what? Cleavage and split up to thar. LOL Racy little number for mamma. You go girl. I think for 60 almost 61 she is one sexy mamma, and is holding her own quite nicely. It seems she is sporting a darker hair style. I like it. I am fairly sure she will win and raise lots of money. She is becoming quite the local celebrity and I, for one, am happy for her to have the opportunities.

I bet she is very relieved to have both of her sons home from foreign countries.

http://www.asteptogold.com/

staff_and_stars_group_photo_2.jpg

Well, you see where Clay gets that gorgeous punim (Yiddish for face) from. Apparently despite his flaws , even Clay admitted in his book that the old man was a chick magnet, so between those two parents Clay got a lot of "hotness" genes.

Go, Faye! Boy she sure is in shape!

Couch, you were discussing Clay's possible hair loss as he ages. Biologically, the baldness gene is inherited from the mother's family, so we'd have to look there. Does Faye have a brother? What does he look like? Grandpa Aiken sure doesn't seem to have much as I recall.

Couch, you were discussing Clay's possible hair loss as he ages. Biologically, the baldness gene is inherited from the mother's family, so we'd have to look there. Does Faye have a brother? What does he look like? Grandpa Aiken sure doesn't seem to have much as I recall.

heee learn something new every day. I detest schiencey type things sw much I almost didn't graduate from college cuz I left all those classes until the last quarter. heee

Go on Faye with your bad self.

OK my heart is usually in the right place when I do this but I'm just awful but Clayzorback...I do believe I have at least one of all our pins that I can send to you. No charge. I will put that on my list right behind:

bottecap - copy of clingle

georgia - picture disc

Ansa, can you bug the hell out of me all week to make sure I do all of these things.

It doesn't have to be the last word for anybody if you're talking about IGB but PMs might be better if you want to continue to talk to just each other.

If Clay appears on this thing I think I will prepare myself for the whiplash. Somebody just call me when the clack is up.

Hmmm...y'all wanna know what I think?

Of course you do.

I think people are talking a little past each other on this. AI the show? A bunch of people watch it. Even more don't. Some of those who watch do the participation thing. Even more don't. Those who don't watch don't do it for whatever reason, up to and including just forgetting about it. (though I think the argument that the ad money for AI is driving up the price of goods is a little specious - last I noticed, the Coke in the office vending machine is still $0.50). Terrorists vs. puppies vs. babies (personally, I prefer kittens as they are much, MUCH easier to potty train) seems to sort of escalate the issue. "Venomous hatred" of AI is no better or worse than the "venomous hatred" of the arch foe of your favorite school/sports team/romantic rival - it's not always necessary to have to justify one's dislikes.

Oooo! couchie! I gotta idea for my first random blog! And it will even say "Clay" in it somewhere! So what do I do?

$170,000 for Afghanistan! and a cute nonbearded Clay!

Regardless of anyone's opinion of Faye, she's one hot looking 61 year old! Dang! I bet Clay is proud, too, although he'd be just as proud if she were frumpy, I'm sure. And I've always thought one of the reasons Clay is so very, very sexual and sensual is that it's in the genes as well as the jeans, know what I'm sayin'? B) I remember in my EPIC story, Nothing But the Truth, which has many storylines running parallel and intersecting, I included some chapters that explored Faye's youth and relationships. Man, oh man! A couple of readers had a cow over the idea that I would SUGGEST Faye being an attractive, sexual being! Hee!

I basically don't care about AI's drive. Don't care whether or not Clay's on the show, either. I just care about Clay. He makes his own way with giving back. I trust him.

And I'm going to be a good girl and get to work. Funny....I have NO desire to write these days. No muse driving me to click-clack away on my laptop---not even carrying it with me to work! Gonna read a book or two and get some real life things in order. Maybe give my hubby and two girls some extra TLC.

And work out my very complex travel schedule for the summer.

heh.

ETA: That 'don't feel like writing' thing doesn't apply to blogging (muski nervously looks over blogging shoulder to see KAndre snorting and gearing up to GO!) :unsure:

Edited by muskifest

Man, I don't wanna work. I wanna procrastinate. I'm GOOD at procrastination.

Heh, muski - I have even planned for at least TWO WHOLE white space thingies! Paragraph marks. Though I'm not sure if they will be actual paragraphs. I'm just gonna get a ruler and measure 'em out.

Oooo! couchie! I gotta idea for my first random blog! And it will even say "Clay" in it somewhere! So what do I do?

$170,000 for Afghanistan! and a cute nonbearded Clay!

Wise words and WRITE IT UP...that's a start. We'll have to get you set up and teach you a few things but it's not hard. Oh and think up a name for it. You too Muski!!

Girls, Obi Wan was just on The View announcing his April 30 concert at the place I dreamed Clay would sing at last year- Carnegie Hall! Obi sez that he'll have guest singers singing a lot of his songs! EEEEEEEEE! Dare I dream?

It's being refuted at the CH and it doesn't appear on the Carnegie Hall calendar, but I swear I heard the man say it. Oh well. It was just a dream, then.

But hugs to all anyway! :allgood:

eta: Okay, now it says there WILL be a Neil Sedaka tribute on the 30th at Carnegie Hall ,just like the man said with guest artists in a press release. No mention of Clay, though. I'm still gonna believe in my dream of last year.

Sorry, I don't know how to do the quote thing here.

Edited by Divayenta

diva, I'll join you in that dream -- I think that would be pretty darn cool. I feel like it, though, like I feel about the IGB thing. If he appears -- fantastic. If he doesn't....eh, I'll deal.

You know what this thread needs? PICTURES!!!!! We haven't had a picture fest in while.

With apologies to those who have images turned off at work:

50sVermontbyneverstopaiken.jpg

heesmall.jpg

clay11.jpg

reallycool.jpg

aikenclayosix.jpg

doubleguh.jpg

Fineass.jpg

QuianaandClay.jpg

TyraCap9b.jpg

IMG_0646t_filtered.jpg

ldyJ...you are very wise...the pretties will always do the trick...

awwww Faye looks great in the picture...Ballroom dancing is great exercise and a great way to express yourself...so is this a competition???hope she does good...

EEEEEEEEEEEE Muski and Kandre will join Couchie in our FCA blog...right now we have it in our soapbox section and only Couchie's Clayventures is up. So KAndre and Muski we will need a name fore your blogs and we have put in a comment module so you can get immediate feedback...if you guys are ready just let me know when I can give you a short tutorial on how to submit articles...Our first contirbuter luckiest didn't have a hard time with it...again...we have a lot of room for other contributers. If there are others who would like to join our blog just PM me or couchie.

We have also drafted ldyJ to help us with our Clay bibliography...an easy referrence for all the significant Clay articles out there.

YAY for Clay raising 170K in 10 days.

OK my heart is usually in the right place when I do this but I'm just awful but Clayzorback...I do believe I have at least one of all our pins that I can send to you. No charge. I will put that on my list right behind:

Couch Tomato are you kidding me, Really? You'd do that? I would be happy to pay for them. I do have an extra Rebels4ClayAiken pin that I would be happy to send you, if you don't have one. When you find out for sure that you have extras and are ready to mail them to me I will PM you an address to mail to. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks for posting some pretty Clay pics Idyjocelyn. I was scrolling down looking through them, when all of a sudden WHAM. That cute little hind end of his just filled up my screen. Oh my. I have always loved his little hiney.

Let me post a few.

One of my dreams is to see Clay play piano for real someday.

kettering20050815image0027b4sr.jpg

I don't know who did this one but I loved the Rippa gate in the sunglasses.

RipaBusted.jpg

Clay says, "Thank you Jesus."

aaclay1b.jpg

Speaking of the Fourth of July..........

Cap4thMOAM0014.jpg

Meet and greet at Ford Center in Tulsa for AI2 Tour. Not my picture, but I was fortunate to have this same meet and greet. This kid looked like he was a deer caught in the headlights. What a difference Paxil has made. Bless his heart.

clayatmeetngreetokcsm.jpg

I miss the deep knee bends.

titn-knee_bend.jpg

Last one. How about a little tongue?

tongue1smaller.jpg

Latest UNICEF FieldNote

Clay Aiken's Afghanistan appeal raises over $180,000!

Yesterday was the final day of Clay Aiken's ten day appeal for Afghanistan.

Congratulations! We raised $181,783.03 for the kids of Afghanistan during this ten day campaign. That's $80,000+ more than the original goal we set for this campaign!

This total includes all online gifts made online in the U.S. and Canada. We're expecting some checks to come in through the mail and will post a final total next week.

Very cool!

Sweet Jesus, that gif of him unfurling that long, luscious tongue does things to me every single time I gaze upon it. :hubbahubba: I think that maybe the only thing that's NOT long on this man is his patience...

Love seeing all of these wonderful pictures. That "Deer caught in the headlights" pic is precious! I've had the pleasure/misfortune of catching Clay at both some of his good moments and at some of the times when he was feeling anxiety. It has been easy to see the difference, poor baby.

I'd like to weigh in on the "favorite Clay memoribilia" discussion. Most of my memoribilia is hidden away, since my family wouldn't appreciate Clay displays around the house, but I do have an autographed Elle magazine - signed right on THE reclining picture. Clay signed it at the LA gala for the silent auction. I felt very lucky to get it, because I had never gotten a copy of that Elle magazine before - I was a fan from Day 1, but it took me a while to find the internet fandom, so in the beginning I wasn't always aware of all of the magazines and TV appearances.

I also love and cherish my Rolling Stone magazine. How could anyone not?

I go away for 28 hours and you guys become postwhores.

1. Claygasm & Muskie - DJS and I will be going to Houston and Frisco - Are you coming into one airport and leaving another or coming and going from one? I still have to check to make sure I can use my pass then and if I can do that or if I have to do one airport.

2. IGB - AI broke made me sad last week. I was going to vote for sanjaya, but I jsut don't feel mch like voting for anyone now, I don't think I should force it. My charities are mostly self invoolve - woman's action groups, woman's education groups, I support local groups like the woman's shelter and the Red cross ( and give blood), I always gave to UNICEF, so that is a no brainer. I never gave to unitied way, those people partied too much and wasted too much of the money collected. We will all do what our concience decides

3. Favorite clack? so much, so much.

4. Is there ever a reason needed for posting pictures of Clay?

5. As much as people think there is no Clay connection to IGB, I went to the IBB connection on the UNICEF USA main page and though ther eis no mention of Clay, for some inexplicable reason, at the bottm, there is a picture of Clay and Ruben from the anomaly??? And the Scholastic page gives good notice to Clay on their page and I see that made so many instances on google news today.

As a side note - DJS will be amused taht I did wach ABC's global special the other day and it seems she wins on the papertowel/cloth wash cloth thing, now I need to cut up my towels and make them into small wash clothes - waste not want not. If nothing else, I am honest when I am wrong

ETA - on her show today - Ellen said she would be hosting the IGB.

Edited by playbiller

Shallow female that I am, I sob at the sight of bearded Clay on that webpage you linked us to, bottle. Especially after his appearance on ET the other night. Oy. I just did NOT think he looked good---didn't even look healthy to me. Maybe he's just tired and jet lagged; he certainly has a right to be. But watching him didn't do anything funny to any of my parts, that's fo sho.

Not that it would've mattered if my parts had reacted in any way, of course....but still.....

Hee...Last week I wrote a letter to the general manager of the hotel in Albuquerque where we had our meeting. The service was so, so very bad. He called me today to fall over himself in mortified apologies. I asked him to please send me a final accounting of the charges that would've applied "had we actually received the goods and services we ordered" and then he and I could have another conversation to discuss how he might 'adjust' our final bill.

heh.

That'll teach 'em to mess with ME! :medium-smiley-070:

Edited by muskifest