# 9 He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• He's a man of mystery that I would like to figure out.
    • Clay live just replentishes my soul.
    • There's so much more in life (and in Clay) to enjoy, celebrate, and savor.
    • Oh. My. God...on so many levels!
    • The world needs more Clay Aikens.
    • All done darling, all done. All finished.
    • Clay isn't the only good guy out there. He's just the one we love the most.
    • It isn't so easy to get your knickers off when they're in a knot.
    • He sells himself so very well.
    • Teefy, toofy; Smiley, goofy; windky, "wonky;" My favorite "honky!"
    • He is simply doing his thing...quietly...without fanfare...what a beautiful thing.
    • That doesn't mean that I don't still think that he is super hawt and that I'd like to lick him...
    • He was cute, he sings pretty, he teases people, and he's sexy.

Kell has such a distinctive voice, too. None like her. Got a Janis Joplin vibe watching her tonight- not vocally, but the soulfulness.

I got the exact same feeling, diva. I thought of Janis. I just turned the TV on in time to catch her. So glad that I did, she was great. And yeah, Celine and dead/impersonator Elvis was tres freaky. Okay, I hear Annie Lennox in there singing “Bridge”. Do I get up? I like Annie Lennox but I’ve been trying to update my blog for the last 8 months and I finally have something one third written. It was a crying shame I had to ditch that first paragraph I wrote in September after going to GMA…but it just didn’t work. I had to start all over. Ack! Annie wins over the blog….loved it.

Atinal wrote:

Have you ever been having a discussion with your family about something that has nothing to do with Clay, and yet you think of a situation that has happened to Clay or was said about Clay, and you bring it into the conversation. They kind of roll their eyes, but you know it fits in with the discussion. Sometimes lately I've had to bite my toungue, because I've tried to do less of this. (It doesn't mean I still don't think of something Clay related when the topic is not)

I learned early on who among my friends and family I could talk freely about my Clay-love with and in what way. I have an aunt who is a huge fan, has been to a few concerts and follows the boards on a daily basis. At Christmas time I gave her my old laptop so she can stay connected at her summer cottage. But there are just some people who don’t get it, even it’s only to think I’m amusing. Amusing I can handle. I laugh at myself more often and louder than anyone ever could, but for the most part my day to day Clay life has gone underground. It helps a lot that I’ve moved thousands of miles away from where this all began for me and no one here that I’ve met other than the eHP and my husband know about my boyfriend. I wonder if he realizes what illustrious company he’s in. Back home my mother-in-law delights in waving her tabloids in my face when the opportunity presents itself. But this does not bother me in the least. She buys them by subscription and she is not a blood relative. I have a lovely, slightly condescending smile reserved solely for her benefit.

Clay is going to be on Leanard Lopate show tomorrow - I love this show - I need to set my radio to that startion right now - oh frabulous day.

Help! Where do I find this? And who is Leanard Lopate? Why do I not know who he is? Too much time practicing condescending smiles in front of the mirror, I guess.

I really enjoyed that...I thought it had a very good balance of comedy, music and star power. The six contestants did a good job with their two songs. I think the one music act that was WTF for me was Il Divo. they were just bad. lots of moment I really loved.

I loved Ben stiller, Jack Black, ellen, Bono and his song, I was touched by Carrie's Video...I thought Annie Lenox was excellent, I loved Kelly's song, I love the simpson, I enjoyed the staying alive, the Celine Elvis duet was freaky but the technology and effect was seamless and it made it freaky, the star pwer was great...

I was meh on Josh, EWF, Rascal flatts and the first Idol song produced by quincy.

I hated the exploitative and manipulative videos...specially of those eomen in their deth beds...

I think AI did well with this...still can't stand Ryan. 30M total so far is pretty impressive.

Not surprised that Clay wasn't there. they really didn't focus on any of the specific charity except One since Bono was there...

BWAH!, KarenEh?~~

But this does not bother me in the least. She buys them by subscription and she is not a blood relative. I have a lovely, slightly condescending smile reserved solely for her benefit.

Never heard of that Leonard guy, but just a brief gander at the blurb about his show has me interested...oh, and I hear that American Idol runner up guy is going to be on there, too.

Yup play...I need to put it up on FCA...so what appearances? WNYC and leonard who???details!!!

but I did read the description of the leonard guys show...sounds great and I can't wait to ehar Clay on that.

SO CLay is on really active PR mode for UNICEF... cool

Oh did I miss anything good on TV tonight?

So Clay is in NY. Hmmmm! What else is he doing there? You know our guy doesn't like to waste his visits!

Edited by merrieeee

I really enjoyed that...I thought it had a very good balance of comedy, music and star power. The six contestants did a good job with their two songs. I think the one music act that was WTF for me was Il Divo. they were just bad. lots of moment I really loved.

I loved Ben stiller, Jack Black, ellen, Bono and his song, I was touched by Carrie's Video...I thought Annie Lenox was excellent, I loved Kelly's song, I love the simpson, I enjoyed the staying alive, the Celine Elvis duet was freaky but the technology and effect was seamless and it made it freaky, the star pwer was great...

I was meh on Josh, EWF, Rascal flatts and the first Idol song produced by quincy.

I hated the exploitative and manipulative videos...specially of those eomen in their deth beds...

I think AI did well with this...still can't stand Ryan. 30M total so far is pretty impressive.

Not surprised that Clay wasn't there. they really didn't focus on any of the specific charity except One since Bono was there...

30M is amazing! I think they really did a great job - and I'm with you on Ryan! YUCK!

I think they may have opened a lot of eyes tonight and that's a good thing.

I applaud them for this effort. I would love to see this become an annual event.

I hope I remember to listen to this Leonard dude. How long is his show? I can only listen until 1pm when I have to go through the joys of Ticketmaster! (Oh, and I should do some work at work too....)

Overall, I enjoyed IGB, although I was getting pretty upset when I thought Jordin was going to get booted off - I'm not as sharp as those of you who figured it all out ahead of time. Jordin looked pretty upset herself, and I thought the whole rue was cruel to her.

Not getting the Annie Lennox love though. Maybe I didn't listen to enough of her performance and it got much, much better? The beginning was so awful to my ears that I fast-forwarded. I'm not familiar with her, so I was judging just on vocals without any love stored up for her.

I'm an Earth Wind and Fire fan - loved to dance to them when I was in college - so hearing them made me smile. :)

Overall, I enjoyed IGB, although I was getting pretty upset when I thought Jordin was going to get booted off - I'm not as sharp as those of you who figured it all out ahead of time. Jordin looked pretty upset herself, and I thought the whole rue was cruel to her.

Not getting the Annie Lennox love though. Maybe I didn't listen to enough of her performance and it got much, much better? The beginning was so awful to my ears that I fast-forwarded. I'm not familiar with her, so I was judging just on vocals without any love stored up for her.

Yep, I agree with this assessment. My kids and I had figured out that they weren't going to kick anyone off, but I thought it was definitely a cruel thing to do to Jordin. I didn't enjoy many of the performances, but that's par for the course for me....that's one reason I rarely watch Idol anymore! I did think Carrie's song and video with the kids was touching...and I laughed at Jack Black and the Stayin' Alive video and the Simpson's.....and I was quite impressed with Randy Jackson. The rest of the zero trio and Ryan....bleh....same old same old. But I think the show in general raised a lot of awareness for some very important causes, and lots of $$, so that's all good in my book. The one WTF moment for me (other than the suggestion that people could go to iTunes and download the Celine/Elvis duet...um, why not just watch the original '68 comeback special footage?) was the Annie Lennox BOTW. I mean, come on....there was an orchestra, there was a children's choir, it could have been perfect ;) .....it was impossible for me to watch and enjoy, because nothing can compare to the Aiken version.

YAY for NPR today! I am seriously not going to be getting any work done today, what with two freaking presales and a radio show to steam.....

Leonard Lopate Show April 26, 2007

In Another Light

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Clay Aiken became a household name through American Idol. He’s here today to talk about becoming a UNICEF ambassador, and working to bring the everyday lives of children in Afghanistan to the spotlight. Then, a psychologist explains why reports of genocide often get little response. Later on, a discussion about how to understand and appreciate photography. And we talk about the importance of Marc Chagall's art. Plus: a historian argues that teen culture was created in the 1890s.

Underreported: Clay Aiken on Afghanistan

Clay Aiken has had plenty of media exposure. But he joins us for today’s Underreported to talk about a subject that doesn’t get a lot of press: health care and education in Afghanistan. Clay Aiken recently returned from a trip to Afghanistan as a UNICEF Ambassador, where he helped launch the "$100,000 in 10 Days" campaign to support Afghanistan's health centers and schools.

There's a link on the page that has pictures, including two new ones, from his trip.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.......

Tyra is in NY. She's on GMA today.

Clay is in NY today (unless of course he's doing the radio show over the phone - but I like to think he's in NY).

Coincidence? You decide!

kandre woman.gif forgive me, for I knew not what I was saying before. I am your minion baby.......*Why wasn't I warned earlier*

Seriously, though, after making that nice post about this board, I may not be around much. I won't go into detail on the boards. I will just say that Clay is not the most important man in my life. My husband is.

See, that's why you're a minion of mine, Clayzorback...you're a sensible woman.

And I think we are sort of good at that supporting our friends thing if you need us...

Clay on the Today show!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Clayzorback}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} We're here, if you need us. You can always email....

I love my boyfriend, though (although my husband is still first on my list too). He's in NYC, making appearances and publicity for UNICEF. God, he's so good.

Off to try and find screencaps.

Clay on the Today show!

He was?? Damn! The Clay Nation is slipping! How did we not know about this????

Thank goodness for different time zones and clack!

So he is in NY..... Interesting.....

BOTW - Maybe I just love the song because I love and adore the Simon and Garfunkel original version. I love and adore Clay's version and I really liked Annie Lennox's version. Clay doesn't own that song to me. He does a really, really great version of it but its a classic song that, to me, can only belong to S & G - who loan it out to others.

ETA: Just saw this at the CH:

He looks younger with the bangs back and his eyes sparkled with enthusiasm.

Shallow woman that I am can I tell you happy I am that the bangs are back compared to what his hair looked like on that ET segment? Although I did love snowflake hair and AMA hair alot....

Now, if he'll just grow that beard back.....

ETAA: Now I just saw this!

Bowl cut!!

Now, I really did NOT like the bowl cut of AI5. Really.Did.Not.Like. Really hated. Please - if he's going to wear bangs his hair must be cut like Kimmel of the Gala!!

I told you I was shallow!

Edited by Claygasm

I have always liked Annie Lennox; however, I cringed at last night's version of BOTW--and not just because Clay would've knocked it out of the ballpark in perfect, CLIMACTIC fashion for ending the show. No, she did not sound good---plain and simple. I even had the thought that having Clay sing that for the finale would've been almost too much of a sure thing--that it would've been one of those Clay scene-stealing moments and would've detracted from the show's intent/meaning.

I had the show on, but also pushed the mute button for almost everything but the performances---just would've gone berserk if I'd actually listened to Ryan. I DO think the main 'awareness building' effect is wonderful----powerful statistics they publicized. I'm not a fan of the crying children scenes as I feel they're exploitative, and I'm not going to analyze whether or not Simon and Ryan were acting or sincerely moved, etc. Hope they raised mucho bucks.

Il Divo? First time hearing/seeing them. No, thanks.

Kelly Clarkson can sing--I've always thought she could sing rings around just about every other AI contestant on the show's six seasons and many of the so-called stars out there. And yes, she's a soulful singer--her voice is soulful, IMO.

Can't wait to hear Clay today on the radio...and did someone say he was on the Today show? :medium-smiley-070:

Clayzorback---do what you gotta do; sometimes we all gotta do just that!

Oh, and that was the worst I've EVER heard Josh Groban! Yikes! He did NOT impress me.

Edited by muskifest

BOTW - Maybe I just love the song because I love and adore the Simon and Garfunkel original version. I love and adore Clay's version and I really liked Annie Lennox's version. Clay doesn't own that song to me. He does a really, really great version of it but its a classic song that, to me, can only belong to S & G - who loan it out to others.

ITA. I feel the exact same way about the song -- it's a pure classic.

ETAA: Now I just saw this!
Bowl cut!!

Now, I really did NOT like the bowl cut of AI5. Really.Did.Not.Like. Really hated. Please - if he's going to wear bangs his hair must be cut like Kimmel of the Gala!!

I told you I was shallow!

OK, here goes, let's see if CG likes or not...

07_04_26_Today_2.jpg

07_04_26_Today_1.jpg

07_04_26_Today_5.jpg

He looks YOUNG. But he's still adorable.

After careful study of the screencaps, this is my verdict.

He is cute - but he looks 12. The bangs are waaaay too short. The color is good. The cut not as bowl-like as I feared.

But the bangs need to grow out - and I want the beard back!!!

Kelly Clarkson can sing--I've always thought she could sing rings around just about every other AI contestant on the show's six seasons and many of the so-called stars out there. And yes, she's a soulful singer--her voice is soulful, IMO.

ITA on this. I just loved her song - and was very impressed Jeff Beck was backing her! I would love to have an mp3 of this song so if anyone finds one floating around....... (hint, hint!!)

The videos with the crying children were a bit much, but they are affective. And none of us know what was going through the minds of Ryan and Simon, but I cannot believe they weren't moved by what they saw. There was one clip in one of the villages and the focus was not on Simon but he was in the background and he looked very stunned and very sad. I believe Simon DOES have a heart. I bet even Ryan does! They could not have seen what they saw without it making an impact on them.

All in all, it was a good night for IGB. They raised tons of money and, maybe even more importantly, they raised awareness.

Next week, back to the same old crap!

ETA: Here's another cap....

Today2.jpg

Edited by Claygasm