July 4th Frisco, texas

From CH

Reporting he had a watch on but no other jewelry.

toni has Clack!! He looked beautiful! Jeans fit really well. He was amazing! It was totally entertaining! He put on a Black Cowboy hat!! He was great! When he did "Beat it! toni almost died! They were transfixed by "Lover All Alone". It was so much fun! Waving arms! Glow sticks! Should have great clack! Tons of people on the field - lots of young people. They need a drink! EEEEEEEEEE!!!! Tonii is so excited!!!!! Oh how i wish I was there!!! Video will be full of screams and hands might be in the way! Video is up close too! Scarlet was there and probably got the whole thing! "It was just incredible" He was so personable. Toni doesn't think he looked nervous at all. "B**shit, he didn't look nervous!!! He was incredible!!!!! Oh My God! Like a Virgin - Oh my God - it was hysterical! We've got some great stuff! "

Shirt was not tucked in - it clung to his shoulders - just a watch - nice arm fur! Toni couldn't take her eyes off him to take a picture of the crowd! Didn't see a tour book. Great welcome from the crowd. Two keyboards on the stage. He was mimicking perfectly and so hysterical when he did the parodies. GBTUSA was wonderful. Took off the hat while singing it.

xxx - telling toni to shut up Studied the jeans carefully - they were too baggy - distressed but nice. He looked wonderful and natural. Perfect hair - nothing "fixed" - just natural Clay. Caper feels like she just had sex!!! "That pretty much says it all" Some highlights, xxx thinks = hard to say - lots of layers. Entrance - he walked out! First song "Here you Come again".

Fireworks starting......

Quote:

People have looked at pictures they took and say they are great so they are going to go back to the hotel and upload Clack.

Uh, cindilu2, I was thinking of going over there myself and posting, but now I'm kind of skeered. I don't think I've ever posted there at all and never read the forums anymore.

Just go post your thoughts on the show and leave. I didn't read much...and really have no interest in becoming a part of that community as all two of my posts show. But for tonight..I wanted Clay to know that I loved his show.

Clay doesn't need to worry about some new cello player every night. I'm just glad he's singing the song.

Exactly couchie. According to the M&G person, he said he's looking for reactions on the boards tonight, and I'll be damned if I'll let the crazies be the only comments he sees.

I am more convinced than ever that Clay Aiken, is the bravest, most self-aware man in show business.

He totally does what he wants, and how he wants to do it, and says a pointed FUCK YOU to all who would mock, insult and demean him.

He's really, truly my hero.

A BIG FAT WORD!!!

Totally different perspective about the nervousness.

No surprise there. Nobody projects better than a Clay fan.

It will take a lot to convince me that he was nervous to the point of shaking. This is a guy who sang the SSB in front of a stadium full of World Series fans, and sang MOAM before a field of veterans. Nervous about some soccer fans? I sincerely doubt it.

Totally different perspective about the nervousness.

No surprise there. Nobody projects better than a Clay fan.

It will take a lot to convince me that he was nervous to the point of shaking. This is a guy who sang the SSB in front of a stadium full of World Series fans, and sang MOAM before a field of veterans. Nervous about some soccer fans? I sincerely doubt it.

Well I do think he was nervous at the world series..but the thing is ..that never distracts from his show or his voice.

Hell I can only remember thinking he was nervous a few times... one was at the Idol finale when he sang TITN..he was still fabulous.

eeeeeeeeeeeeee can't wait to hear from keeping faith.

From Ch

From Kitty4clay at CV:

Quote:

SOME OF THIS YOU ALREADY KNOW BUT HERE'S WHAT MY CELL REPORTER PAULA TOLD ME:

He threw 1 flipflop at Quiana in appreciation for her song, then took off the other, so half the concert was barefoot!

Wore long sleve blue & white shirt & jeans. Short hair, little spikey, was SWEATING at the end.

Had little bit of STUBBLE!

He was thrown a shirt that had a photoshop of his head on a muscular body, haha, he said I can't wear that!!

Did some gyrating with Angela during a couple of "classic" songs! He did Achey Breaky line dance with Angela, hehe.

After the Tractor song, he pulled his pants up, like, "I'm the MAN" haha!

During "Lover All Alone", sat on stool, just him and piano with spotlight on him. (swoon)

Paula didn't care for the TV theme medley but she really liked the "classic" medley.

Quiana was on the Right side, Angela on the Left.

That's it!!!

From EmeraldEyes at CV:

Full recap tomorrow. I feel a bit overwhelmed. I got to stand close to the stage and experience was intense because it was so long since I had seen him last.

The man is simply stunningly gorgeous. His hair was perfect. His was deliciously hawt and sweaty. He was in great voice. He was sexy. He was a cornball. He was funny. He brought the sexy back. Yes he did!

He was achingly beautiful in every way. I never wanted it to end. I lurve him more madly than ever.

LauraQ at the CB, via CV:

Incredible as always. I am stil at Pizza Hut Park watching fireworks. I have video of all of it close up. "Lover All Alone" was the show stopper. Everyone wasloud all night until "Lover All Alone" started. You could have heard a pin drop. He was better than the recording and not a dry eye around me! Like a Virgin was a riot and Sexyback and Babys got back hilarious. Definitely worth driving 750 miles.

I have all but "Without You" on close up video will post "Lover All Alone" first! Will take a couple of hours.
Edited by jmh123

This was mucho fun-o, my fellow Do'ers of Clay. But I do have to work in the morning, so I will have to wait til then for Clack.

Thanks for sharing the evening!!!!

THANK YOU CLAY!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, maybe a 3-4 hour nap and then I'll get up to d/l the clack. That should be enough time for it to get hosted, right?

I was hoping we'd get at least a still before midnight.

ETA: Wheeeeeeeeee! Here is the first one!

http://www.claynationnews.com/images/IMG_0242.jpg

Edited by luckiest1

I am more convinced than ever that Clay Aiken, is the bravest, most self-aware man in show business.

He totally does what he wants, and how he wants to do it, and says a pointed FUCK YOU to all who would mock, insult and demean him.

He's really, truly my hero.

GRANDE WORDO!

I went over there and left a note as well. And then left. I think people worry too much over what bashers will say. I don't understand that. Stop living your life worrying about bashers. Just enjoy the moment and Clay. He knows what he is doing. IGNORE.

MUCHO GRANDE WORDO!!

We just got back awhile ago and I just got caught up. Wow! This was a whole other show than I had expected. He certainly does know how to surprise you. And yes he most definately has some titanium down there!! Ugh....and you have now just confirmed to me why I don't belong to the OFC.

I can't wait until I lose my virginity exactly one month from today :Thud:

And now, an encore of my song from yesterday in closing here this evening:

sung to an old monty python tune:

clack clack clack clack

clack clack clack clack

claaack, lovely clack

Lovely clack, wonderful clack

Lovely clack, wonderful clack

CCLAAACCK, LOVELY CLACK

:allgood:

Hopefully Clay will take his cues from the paying audience. If they fell asleep during it or yawned through it..then maybe he would consider changing it. If they seemed to enjoy it, then go with it.

I agree with you Couchie, those who were there have a better feel for how it flowed, and a lot of these armchair pop stars should just wait until they see it, but alas, they won't, they just have to post an opinion, and tell Clay what other songs he needs to sing and that he needs to shorten the TV Medley

On the flip side though, most of what I was reading was positivie, but I only read a few pages.

I'll be waiting. Yes, sometimes there is an advantage to living on the west coast. It's only 9:15 here.

I do hope the audience response at Frisco provides him with the positive feedback he needs to know he made the right decision. Bottom line -- he sounded great and was absolutely entertaining. I hope he doesn't let the worriers and nags cause him any distress.

Any word from those in attendance as to the reactions of the soccer fans? I mean, specific comments as opposed to general applause?

On the flip side though, most of what I was reading was positivie, but I only read a few pages.

I read all nine pages and it was mostly 96% positive. I do think Clay will be able to tell how his show flows as the concerts move forward and it will evolve over time. By the time he gets to California it will be fine tuned.

Have to laugh at people clammoring for more ATDW. heee And I would also like to hear more and I think we will when there are less time restraints. I really didn't miss the MoaM songs..maybe Invisible...but he's toured the hell out of those songs already. But then there's Ansa and other first timers who have not heard them live..so... whatever he wants LOL.

I have the set list up, and couple of the first pix that have trickled in!!

CLAY SINGS TONIGHT

I heard there is Clack coming - not sure how long.

When I uploaded Clack last year it seemed like it took FOREVER!

I just added more pix to that page........

and.....

OMG!! I totally forgot about his teeth!! They look really natural now!

Edited by cha cha trusty

Have to laugh at people clammoring for more ATDW. heee And I would also like to hear more and I think we will when there are less time restraints. I really didn't miss the MoaM songs..maybe Invisible...but he's toured the hell out of those songs already.

Me too. I think it's abundantly clear that this album is not something he's trying desperately to forget. I was surprised that there weren't any songs from MoaM, particularly Invisible, but I suppose it's possible that we'll see them in the longer shows. Music from MoaM is known, for the most part, by his die hard fans. In these venues, many of which may include new audiences, familiar covers from ATDW may be more accessible.

I think we'll see a few more MoaM songs in the longer concerts. However, I thought this was a brilliant way to introduce new audiences to his music and sense of humor:

1. ATDW songs to promote (yes, I said PROMOTE) his latest album

2. Fun medleys to showcase his personality and lack of pretension

3. "Lover All Alone," for his die-hard fans, and for any who may wonder if he really is an artist.

For a relatively brief concert, I thought his choices were fantastic.

I'm tiptoeing in here with some trepidation, having read over just the last few pages of this thread. I feel like I was at a different concert from the one that some of the reporters saw. CG and I chose not to go down on the field since our seats were on the first row pretty near the stage. Two jumbotrons, so we figured we'd be good, nobody in front of us and we'd have a seat!

Maybe some of the impressions I'm reading are from people who WERE in that group of people right in front of the stage. From where we were sitting, that group did NOT seem all that big, actually. Things like "The crowd got quiet for LAA..and you could hear a pin drop, etc."

God, no. From our view point, the 'crowd' behind that small huddled group continued doing what it had been doing throughout the entire concert---walking around, running...playing soccer and tag...leaving the field and returning...beer vendor walking around hawking his product...lots of laughing of children and boisterous talking among adults...lots of talking from people sitting in the seats around us...

In fact, we couldn't really hear the song all that much.

The TV medley went on far too long...for many of the people in the crowd, the songs were probably not that recognizable. (Mr. Belvedere?)...

The Like a Virgin. Just.Say.No. Clay. I slithered down in my seat at that one. I would venture that about 80% of the audience had no idea he was doing snark...The man sitting next to me throughout the soccer game and I had struck up a conversation. Nice guy. Anyway, I'd told him about some of Clay's background, which he knew nothing about, and he seemed pretty open to things. Then, when Clay started the "Virgin" thing, this guy said, "Uh...he should not do that."

I said, "I agree."

Honestly, CG and I feel that maybe we're in some parallel universe reading some of the reactions. Yes, it was Clay and we love him. But....and I'll start speaking for myself here...I'm pretty shocked at the choices made for this concert. My impression was that most of the people there at that time weren't really paying much attention to Clay---of course, the group in front of hte stage was---but all around them, behind them on that big soccer field children played games, adults drank beer and laughed and talked---there was constant motion and busyness and a hum of activity that had NOTHING to do with anything happening on stage.

It was surreal.

I could say more, of course, but am going to stop for now. I do hope that Houston will prove to be the REAL first concert of this tour. And that he WON'T do "Virgin". Or the tv theme song medley. Or the sexy tractor song. Or Achey Breakey Heart...

I hope that he will sing LAA again---this time in an environment worthy of the song and his voice. I really couldn't hear or appreciate either much tonight.

I hope that the orchestra will sound better than these musicians did tonight and that the show will seem more 'put together'.

I hope I won't have any reason to feel at times that I was watching a "Hometown Connection" video.

And for God's sake, Clay! Tuck in your shirt and wear jeans that hug your considerable front curvatures. :hubbahubba:

Muski, I appreciate your honesty. It certainly does sound like a different concert from where you were sitting! I haven't seen video yet, so I can't really make a decision about it until I see the video and hear clearer audio.

Edited by Gibby