# 12 An Evening With His Royal Highness Fantasy Fodder

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ahhh, skin, tractors, fading tan and growing arm fur. All's right with the world.
    • Another talented dude who reputedly wields a big wand.
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • Does he know he's so DWEAMIE????
    • Hips, thighs. derrierre, it's all there!!!
    • If the pants get any lower he'll need a hard-on to keep them up.
    • The spirit just moved him.
    • The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it. Ah.Freaking.Mazing. The Man, the Music. All of it.

That picture is from Philly since Solitaire 30 was there.

Short recap. I really enjoyed seeing the ehp and Claygasm ( of Idol the Musical fame). I also met cha cha trusty and invisible 926. Met tangerine and madison of cv. Also ran into Karmaforclay, ficusand dudleyvillas.

In a nutshell, Clay is so amazing and in the words of Jerry Lewis, "What a Voice." He is so relaxed and comfortable in front of an audience that the time just flew by. This was my first concert but seeing some clack I was still surprised.

Sitting in the pit we had to turn 360 degrees to see Clay when he was singing and walking around on the wall surrounding the pit. He is so slender and very well built, definitely not fat, that he almost looks small. But having stood next to him at the gala, he is very tall. And when he stood next to Sean it was some contrast in size.

Angela and Quiana were also in great voice and the audience let them know it. I think the heat and humidity kept the audience a little subdued but they were enthused and appreciative. Once again he didn't mince words when talking about top forty radio and Barry M and Rod S. I wish I could figure out if he is talking to us in code. I'll just assume he is going in another direction on the next cd but not top forty.

I'm on my way home this afternoon to see hubby and pets after a week in the great state of NJ. Looking forward to seeing Clay in NC soon.

I dunno if it was so much as "mincing words" as more as a part of his schtick - since he was referring to his stuff as "Barry Manilow junk" - and I don't really think he thinks it's junk. I don't so much see code as see Clay being funny.

Having seen this a few times now and listened to ATDW untold numbers of time - this WIthout you was the most amazing version ever - of all the songs I hve heard Clay sing over the years, this is the one that blew me away last night. I think I might have been hearing his own voice over the mike, but it was so rich and full and centered and perfect and this is not even my favorite song that he has in his repetoire, until now. Need mp3.

Must get to sleep, but I have something super seekrit to allude to later......

...kind of skeers me. Did the pods get to you? I hope not.

I have come to the conclusion taht Clay does bet with his staff - I do believe the wear purple is a bet, but we will probably never know.

I've actually had that feeling for a while now....he's a "dare ya!" kind of guy. He can be such a manipulative little cuss, because he knows that many of the fans (me included) would doing almost anything he suggests. I mean, how did UNICEF get so much money? *g*

These two things kind of go hand in hand, oddly enough.

No, the pods didn't get me! BUT............

My friend who had the M&G said Clay told them some super seekrit info concerning the next album that he was NOT happy about and then told them they could not tell anyone or post it on the boards. By the time we went home last night, my friend had told a minimum of 10 people. She was only one of 6 at the M&G. Clay KNOWS this fandom and how quickly word travels. The nature of the info was such that frankly it seemed like an inappropriate thing to tell fans period. He has to know people WOULD tell others, who would tell others, who would tell others and that eventually it would show up on a message board. So my theory is, he is either putting a rumor out there to see how fast it spreads - despite his warnings not to tell or post - or he WANTS this info out there in hopes it could help his cause.

I'll do a thorough recap later. Since I have to go back to work at a new job tomorrow :cry4: I have things to do. I am a wee bit nervous about starting a new job after all these years - and more than a little annoyed it will probably - at least in the beginning - mean I won't be able to get online to play very much, if at all!

Oh, and cha cha trusty - I am sorry I missed meeting you! I saw you in your shirt from a distance, but was never able to catch up with you to find out who you were and to say hi!

Edited by Claygasm

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! We're breathing Clay air in Syracuse! :Thud:

lickiest1, lickiestdaughter, goldarngirl and I have checked in and are awaiting two more. My NC friend's flight from NC has been thwarted. Apparently LaGuardia was closed due to weather and her flight got diverted to Richmond Va. After much stress, she is now at LaGuardia awaiting a standby flight to Syracuse. Send lots of good vibes her way, please!! (or, send flowers.. heheh).

Sending vibes to cindi's friend. Was lucky able to score me a poster? Say yes, purdy please.

Hee! Since we forgot to pack the crystal ball, we don't know about the posters yet :medium-smiley-070:

Just in case he was serious about not posting the info, I won't post the specifics, but if you want to know PM me. If my friend from the M&G can tell 10 people, I can too!

Oooh, more back channel info. What fun. Only not.

I dunno, if Clay ever ask me not to repeat something, this isn't exactly how I'd do it. :-/

It had to be his own evil version of the telephone game - he's way to savvy for it to be a real 'sekrit'.

Edited by cindilu2

Sending lots of good vibes for your NC friend, Cindilu! Hope she gets there in time. :allgood:

Hello to you, Lickiest1, L-Daughter, and Goldarngirl! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Love all the recaps here, there, and everywhere! :clap:

Thnx again for Tuesday's birthday greetings, all. Have a great day, FCA! :wub:

Caro listen.gif

Sending vibes to cindi's friend. Was lucky able to score me a poster? Say yes, purdy please.

Hee! Since we forgot to pack the crystal ball, we don't know about the posters yet :medium-smiley-070:

Just in case he was serious about not posting the info, I won't post the specifics, but if you want to know PM me. If my friend from the M&G can tell 10 people, I can too!

Oooh, more back channel info. What fun. Only not.

I dunno, if Clay ever ask me not to repeat something, this isn't exactly how I'd do it. :-/

It had to be his own evil version of the telephone game - he's way to savvy for it to be a real 'sekrit'.

Oops... I thought she went to the Philly concert last night. You people know I suffer from ICRS... :eusa_whistle:

Off to the mall.............

Interesting CG and yes I wanted to know the super sekrit info heh... I also hear Clay told some m&g to wear purple and spread it on the board - testing to see which channels work best or some such nonsense. I don't know what he's doing and don't particularly like some of it although some of it will probably turn into a funny bit. But his fandom is too unstable and volitile for this type of thing. So I'll just choose to ignore. I hope he's having fun and knows what he is doing.

Interesting CG and yes I wanted to know the super sekrit info heh... I also hear Clay told some m&g to wear purple and spread it on the board - testing to see which channels work best or some such nonsense. I don't know what he's doing and don't particularly like some of it although some of it will probably turn into a funny bit. But his fandom is too unstable and volitile for this type of thing. So I'll just choose to ignore. I hope he's having fun and knows what he is doing.

Yeah, the bolded part worried me a bit too. I saw the reactions of people my friend t old last night. It was not a pretty sight!

I am puzzled by why he said what he said. There has to be more to it than just telling 6 select fans.

Yeah, I agree - that kind of stuff turns out to be divisive - the Have and the Have Nots. Plus, there's the added bonus of information getting distorted via the telephone game. For example, I'm still not sure what happened on the plane to Tulsa beyond what Clay said in his ET statement, but I've sure read a lot of different versions of what the hitter did.

If Clay has something to say to the Clay Nation in general, he should know enough to put it in his blog.

Eh, I lurve the Snarkmeister anyway, and I sure don't feel like I need to hand Quiana a letter telling Clay he's fat or something.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :DoClay:

I don't know what he's doing and don't particularly like some of it although some of it will probably turn into a funny bit. But his fandom is too unstable and volitile for this type of thing. So I'll just choose to ignore. I hope he's having fun and knows what he is doing.

My feeling as well, especially the "knows what he is doing" bit.

Yeah, I agree - that kind of stuff turns out to be divisive - the Have and the Have Nots.

IMO, the most frustrating part of the whole rumor mill.

Plus, there's the added bonus of information getting distorted via the telephone game.

The second most frustrating part of the whole rumor mill.

If Clay has something to say to the Clay Nation in general, he should know enough to put it in his blog.

Again, I hope that he knows that too....but right now I'm thinking, in the immortal words of Han Solo and almost every character in Star Wars, "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Eh, I lurve the Snarkmeister anyway, and I sure don't feel like I need to hand Quiana a letter telling Clay he's fat or something.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :DoClay:

I'd just like to hand her my phone number on the off chance that Clay would be interested. *g*

I'd just like to hand her my phone number on the off chance that Clay would be interested. *g*

So he could read it out in front of a venue full of people, with several thousand additional people hearing it live through the cellstream and then downloading the Clack, before it eventually ends up on youtube?

Good luck with that. Hee. :whistling-1:867-5309....

So he could read it out in front of a venue full of people, with several thousand additional people hearing it live through the cellstream and then downloading the Clack, before it eventually ends up on youtube?

Good luck with that. Hee. :whistling-1:867-5309....

Sure, I'd just make my husband answer the phone all the time.

And then find a good lawyer for divorce court.

Icky rainy day, icky travel for sister - her flight was delayed until 6 PM, so I delayed taking her to the airport, then we get a panicked call from her husband, flight is on time and we have 40 minutes to make it, only didn't. Seems that a plane was to arrive beforethe 4 pm plane could take off, but then the plane for the 5 Oclock flight arrived early and they put the 4PM people on that, and now the 5 PM flight, my sister was moved to (for arriving late, no, no one is taking responsibility for giving her this "plane will be late" information) is being delayed waiting until 7 for the plane that was to be n by 4, but that plane has not left the original airport - got it? That is OK, then we find that airports are not wired for free wifi but TMobil Wifi and that even stores like starbucks can't give it away. and her magazine is here, but she is not supposed to leave the airport now, in case the flight leaves earlier.

Seems like we have different singed (not blowtorched) puppies here. She did not think it was nice to laugh at Manilow's music at the concert (I claim he was speaking in the voice of the orchestra, not his own) and don't appreaciate m&g games - Sorry, I do not take clothing advice from Clay. I do not have anything summer that is purple and I do not feel like buying any new clothes, not that I have a meet and greet. I know he is kidding around, but it just does not amuse me for some reason, ditto with the fan group not being the most stable, we should not have people with information vs people without. If he has something to say, blog about it already.

Now, if he had run a searchlight around the audience threatening to stop on the letter writer, now, that I would have found very funny. We don't all havethe same sense of humor.

I can understand not wanting to blog about something ...plausible deniability and all that..but I'm not going to live in some back channel fandom, whispering, and only knowing half bits and spending time worrying over something I can't control. Talking in code fucking sucks. So as always I'll be here to support him, wish him luck, buy up any and everything, pray his management knows what they are doing, appreciate the fact that he has lawyers, send good wishes and thoughts his way and just be patient and supportive and trust in him to follow his instincts.

Thank goodness for stress class tonight LOL. and lol and i loved that letter writer bit...jesus..guess someone thought if they sent it to quiana it would actually get read. I love that he read it on stage.

Now the purple outfit..LOL I'd be out at the store right now shopping if I had a m&g...actually I have purple. heee.

Bottom line for me...the guy is human. He probably has all kinds of things that he deals with behind the scenes. If he felt he needed to share some news that is not ready to be made completely public yet...I can deal cos I really think he was just venting. It probably was a new development that was bothering him.

I really don't think its Clay's job to worry about how we are going to react to things that happen in his life. We are adults..we should be able to deal with out total chaos. I also don;t think he means to create hierarchy of fans that know and don;t know If he cannot tell everyone...its probably because things are not entirely set yet and yeah he probably shouldn't have said anything..but maybe he was just really pissed. I know if something pissed me off I certainly can't keep quiet about it.

To me...the big difference about this and all the back channel secrets last year is the source. I always thought that if Clay needed the fans to know something he will tell us himself. I wouldn't be surprised that if he could he would be blogging about this...maybe in the near future.

I don't think Clay means to create a "privileged" class of fan. I think he sometimes says things out of impulse that he later realizes shouldn't be broadly disseminated. I doubt his CD info is just a test of some kind. I tend to think he's hoping it won't be posted, but probably realizes it will be.

So as always I'll be here to support him, wish him luck, buy up any and everything, pray his management knows what they are doing, appreciate the fact that he has lawyers, send good wishes and thoughts his way and just be patient and supportive and trust in him to follow his instincts
Yep, couchie...that's me....

except....

I'm also on the train that says if Clay wants us to know something, just blog about it, for crying out loud! If he doesn't want us to know something, don't tell a few people and then say "Don't tell anybody!" At the least that's naive and at the worst, it's manipulative, IMO.

whatevah.

Actually, as I just told CG on the phone, I think I'll write Angela a letter. (Wouldn't want Quiana to have all the fun.) I'll ask her "Why oh why? If Clay KNOWS we have binoculars and super zoom lenses on our cameras and video recorders, why oh why doesn't he trim his nose hairs before getting out on that stage? Plentiful pictures of potential perfection have been compromised by unseemly and seemingly unmanageable nasal foliage."

No, nose hair will never be as shocking as blowtorching puppies, but they do make me singe...er..cringe somewhat. :whistling-1:

BWAH! I can't keep a straight face while typing this shit. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: I'm goofy.

Edited by muskifest

I can understand not wanting to blog about something ...plausible deniability and all that..but I'm not going to live in some back channel fandom, whispering, and only knowing half bits and spending time worrying over something I can't control. Talking in code fucking sucks. So as always I'll be here to support him, wish him luck, buy up any and everything, pray his management knows what they are doing, appreciate the fact that he has lawyers, send good wishes and thoughts his way and just be patient and supportive and trust in him to follow his instincts.

Thank goodness for stress class tonight LOL. and lol and i loved that letter writer bit...jesus..guess someone thought if they sent it to quiana it would actually get read. I love that he read it on stage.

Now the purple outfit..LOL I'd be out at the store right now shopping if I had a m&g...actually I have purple. heee.

I agree that mentioning something like he did is a very dangerous thing with this fandom. And scary. I don't want a repeat of last year either. The only good thing that came out of that was this board became more active and my new home!

Bottom line for me...the guy is human. He probably has all kinds of things that he deals with behind the scenes. If he felt he needed to share some news that is not ready to be made completely public yet...I can deal cos I really think he was just venting. It probably was a new development that was bothering him.

I really don't think its Clay's job to worry about how we are going to react to things that happen in his life. We are adults..we should be able to deal with out total chaos. I also don;t think he means to create hierarchy of fans that know and don;t know If he cannot tell everyone...its probably because things are not entirely set yet and yeah he probably shouldn't have said anything..but maybe he was just really pissed. I know if something pissed me off I certainly can't keep quiet about it.

To me...the big difference about this and all the back channel secrets last year is the source. I always thought that if Clay needed the fans to know something he will tell us himself. I wouldn't be surprised that if he could he would be blogging about this...maybe in the near future.

Yeah, at least Clay is the source, and I was told he was annoyed and pissed. But I do think it was an inappropriate thing to say to fans. He is too smart not to know it will travel like a wildfire no matter what he warned them against. Its all just very odd.

My take is this. Whatever it was yesterday could be different today. He is smart, but I am not always sure he likes to fight his own battles. Hopefully, all will work out.

But right now, we are in the midst of a tour. There are more important things to talk about - like what the hell has happened to his hair? Why can't he find clothes that fit? Why is he such a little shit?

And what time does the cellcert start? My first one! I was traveling during Tulsa and I have been to the other three!

BWAH muski...you scared me there for a sec...hee cos I wasn't thinking of Angela of Q& A but the California one...hee.

Anyway....y'all know there is a concert tonight right???? cos I almost forgot...since no one was reminding us everyday...HEH...

here is the thread...

syracuse concert

see y'all there...can;t wait what the banter will be like...