# 12 An Evening With His Royal Highness Fantasy Fodder

Ansamcw

Thread title poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ahhh, skin, tractors, fading tan and growing arm fur. All's right with the world.
    • Another talented dude who reputedly wields a big wand.
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • Does he know he's so DWEAMIE????
    • Hips, thighs. derrierre, it's all there!!!
    • If the pants get any lower he'll need a hard-on to keep them up.
    • The spirit just moved him.
    • The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it. Ah.Freaking.Mazing. The Man, the Music. All of it.

Listen, I like your take on the song KAndre, when I watched Dreamgirls, I liked Beyonce's version but after the movie I forgot it. The first time I heard Angie sing it I got chills and I don't mind telling you I've been a little critical of Angie getting screeeeeeeeechy at times, and I think a couple of her versions of Listen have been a little screechy toward the end of the song. I agree that she feels this song. Like I said in a post several days back, one of my favorite moments in Tulsa was her acknowledging Clay for telling her she had to sing that song. Now, that said, I don't think I could "listen" to Angie sing the song over and over. Why is it that I can listen over and over (and have) to Clay and Quianna's version? Is it the musicianship? I don't know but I love it. Clay is workin' everything he's got. In the video, I love the parts where he almost comes up off of the stool he is so into it.

What's Sexy? Of course everyone is going to view this through their own filters (oops wrong discussion) but seriously, what's sexy is going to differ for just about everyone. I'll give you my take on it. I think someone with a great sense of humor has to be fast, quick witted and smart. With Clay his brain and wit make him every bit as sexy to me as tight jeans or a provocative dance move. It is his ability to not take himself too seriously, his playfulness, and maybe the pure love of performing that says SEXY to me, of course I don't mind the tight jeans and provocative dance moves, just adds to whole "package" ahem

Yeah, atinal, I'm putting Angie in my regular song rotation, because though it's good (really, really good), it's not "Purple Rain" good or Clay's "Alone" good. Oddly enough, watching Clay's performance for once is distracting to me. I want to hear him and Quiana, and this will go in my Clay rotation - the only quibble I have on the rendition is the forgotten lyrics or "man, I started too low" in the early part - the rest is so frickin' glorious.

With Clay his brain and wit make him every bit as sexy to me as tight jeans or a provocative dance move. It is his ability to not take himself too seriously, his playfulness, and maybe the pure love of performing that says SEXY to me, of course I don't mind the tight jeans and provocative dance moves, just adds to whole "package" ahem

atinal...word. I know most people associate muskifest with Clay body parts other than his brain, but that man's intelligence and passion and wit and kindness and genuine caring for others---his sense of worth and confidence (GAWD! A man with confidence---not ego---is so effing HAWT!)...all the good stuff between his ears just makes all the good stuff in his pants even more

:hubbahubba:

Gotta go to work now, but this particular direction of conversation reminds me of a little conversation some of the other Softball Moms had between games about our hubbys....I wanna share...will do later...

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm being messy - but man, if Clive could clean up Whitney and David Foster whips out a big bombastic OTT duet for them -

We couldn't get Clay/Whitney off the freakin' radio! You just thought they played "I Will Always Love You" into the ground...

Of course the cool kids would diss in public (and buy and download in secret), and Clay/Clive/Whitney/Foster would laugh all the way to the bank!

That Clay. Such a comedian.

Philly -- "Now I'm a Man" on YouTube

Thanks ldyjocelyn. That was a hoot. He is a man alright, every inch of him...............

It's very slow at the CH , thought I'd come over but alas! I can't discuss sports! I agree that Clay should sing the Classics more straight because he CAN, and it would still be funny. He's just so afraid that if he goes for the sexy, he might get laughed at (yes, I think he's still insecure about that). I do love him grabbing Angie's ass though. That is hot! And in "Listen" he literally sings those pants off!

I hear you Diva. I'm not a big sports fan either. So I do miss out on some conversations, but then sooner or later smut shows up and bingo. Clayzor is there. :eusa_whistle: Him grabbing Angela's ass was all kinds of hot for me. I understand that the classics medley is for slapstick comedy. However I agree with those that wish he would sing everything he sings a little more seriously. I think the skit could still be funny, too. I loved my concert all the way. I love snarky funny Clay, too, but when I go to see him in concert it is all about the singing, for me. I realize that isn't the way it is for all his fans, but I love his singing first and foremost over anything else he does or is involved with. I want to hear him sing as many songs as he can get in, in the hour or two he has. To me, that is what helps him to sell his cds the most, and to help him gain new fans. JMO I took my sister with me to Tulsa and she said she had a hard time understanding a word he said or sang in the classics medley. She likes Clay and voted for him on AI, but she doesn't follow him like us die hards. I warned her not to say anything negative in front of the fans, ahead of time, though. :cryingwlaughter: I came away with the sense, though, that she would of preferred seeing another concert like the one I took her to in Hutchinson, Kansas at the state fair. Where he comes out of the stage singing WTSHNN. His solo MOAM tour. Be gentle when you throw those tomatoes at me. Remember, I have already stated I had a great time at my concert.

Clayzorback and lightmyfire, do ya'll remember the torchbearers at OFC? You gotta remember the "villagers" who were constantly asking if it was time to "light the torches." (I presume to storm the Frankenclive Castle at the direction of Burrrrrrgermeister.) I'm glad to finally be able to laugh at that crap.

Who could forget?

The thing is, I know I could get into some good debates at the OFC, but I find in general there is a pile on effect there, I post something disagreeing with someone and the same 20 people post about 10 times each after me to tell me I am wrong over and over and over again. I hate pile ons. it keeps me from posting when I have something to say, just because I don't want to look like I am part of a pile on. Maybe the OFC needs some one on one threads.

EXACTLY....Then people want to know why others pick up their toys and go home, instead of discussing. Excuse me, but there is no such thing as having a discussion on OFC. It is a one sided pile on as you say. Closed eyes, and closed minds, leaving the rest of us wishing they would close their lips. For me it is easy to see why fans have left that board. Just look at the screen names of those same 20 people you are talking about who pile on and you will see who is responsible for the failure of the OFC. IMHO.

Maybe I have a different idea of what he does consciously or unconsciously due to AI5 when I fell under the sway of this man. What did it for me was that he KNEW. I never thought he knew before, I'd always believed that he had no idea whatsoever, but that night last year I knew he knew and he was letting the whole world know he knew and it was so attractive and magnetic that it had a historic quality about it. And that's when I knew, and I just gave.

I wouldn't bet a cent that Clay Aiken is not supremely aware of every move he makes. So fortunate for him that he's a natural. It's completely natural. He's got it. He knows it. We know it. Hundreds of people waiting to have him touch their hands know it.

Oh he knows alright. He so knows what he is doing. It's calculated, premeditated and done to slay the damsels that come to worship at the church of waldo. :Thud::Thud::Thud:

Seriously, though, what is really sexy to me? PISSY CLAY. I flove me some pissy Clay. I don't care why or to who he is being pissy to. I just love it. I love it when he is dissing on his fans and they eat it up. They don't even care, or can't see, that he is making fun of them. That's an art many people don't have. He is a master. I love his razor sharp quick wit. I love it when he exudes confidence. When he sings the shit out of something and knows full well that he did. I love the bangs I love his talent I love everything about him for the most part. I love the sexy photoshoots like with his ATDW cd cover. The people centerfold. :Thud:

Hmmmm. Look how my iPhoto saved this picture......

MichiganDCATbend.jpg

Love it. Love bendy Clay. It sort of reminds me of how much I loved that phot in Elle Magazine. That will remain one of my all time favorite pictures of Clay. Bow tie undone, him reclining back.

Mr. Party All Night has worn me out...

MichiganDCATParty.jpg

Give me those THIGHS any damn day.

I'm a fan of those thighs too, ldyj.

But you are not a pod person because you don't dwell on it forever in every.single.post and you do not expect everyone to agree with you and you don't go around calling us idiots because we don't agree with you - you are still you - an annoyingly free thinking sister that I am used to dealing with. You have not changed and no pod has taken over your body - sheesh.

No she is not a pod person or a member of the clan.

I'm going to remove my post as I don't want to say anything that might attract an unwanted element here.

FearofH20 - I don't think that makes you a pod person, just intuitive. We all know there are some antifans out there who are quite obsessed. They are nobodies and only have power when fans give it to them.

I didn't get to see what you said. I love to read your thoughts. Wahaaaaaaaaaa....Don't do that again.

This bears repeating AGAIN AND AGAIN!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Hips, thighs. derrierre, it's all there!!!

Check out the orchestra lady (or ladies... the one on the left is watching out of the corner of her eye!) behind him, she looks like she don't know what hit 'er!! (maybe a little tingle in the nether regions she forgot she had??) :cryingwlaughter:

Thread title?

cha cha that cracked me up.

bottlecap thanks for that jacket throwing picture. Did you see the woman behind Clay with her face on her hands? She is just waiting for Clay's pants to fall off, like me.....

couchie I have family coming to visit me on the 10th. I feel your pain in having to get the house cleaned up for company. Yuck.

kandre ditto to what you said about Angela's version of the song. She kicked Beyonce's butt on that, big time. Her version in Tulsa slayed me. I don't think Clay and Quianna give the same kind emotion to the song that Angela did. I did enjoy their duet, but Angela's solo of this song must stay.

Can we revisit this topic of Clay saying he is not a songwriter again? HEE I'm one of those who believed he had tried to write songs when he was younger. I believed that because of what Diane Bubel said, or at least my memory of what she said. Of course you know I suffer from ICRS. LOL I know Clay said she miscommunicated on Oprah, but how can you miscommunicate something like that? I watched the show and my memory is that she told Oprah that Clay used to come to their house with songs he had written, and practiced singing them to her. I don't understand why she would say he wrote them if he didn't communicate that he wrote them. Am I remembering what she said wrong? If they were just songs he liked, as he is saying now, then surely she would of recognized them, and know they weren't new songs. I thought the lyrics to LAA were a great effort. I see potential, but I didn't like David's slow production of it. I always just thought Clay was being modest, and that he has tried to write songs in the past but just didn't think they were good. Like I said I am basing this on what I thought Diane Bubel said on Oprah. Now I never did buy the rumor that he wrote Josh Groban's song at all. Never believed that. It isn't' really important to me if he has never written any songs or tried to before LAA. I'm just really surprised by his claiming he hasn't. REALLY surprised me, because I sure would of believed otherwise, and did. So if true it is a let down to me somewhat, because I sure seen potential in him in this area. It is not, however, important to me that he is a song writer. Like I said, for me, it is all about the singing talent first and foremost over anything else.

Edited by Clayzorback

Can we revisit this topic of Clay saying he is not a songwriter again? HEE I'm one of those who believed he had tried to write songs when he was younger. I believed that because of what Diane Bubel said, or at least my memory of what she said. Of course you know I suffer from ICRS. LOL I know Clay said she miscommunicated on Oprah, but how can you miscommunicate something like that? I watched the show and my memory is that she told Oprah that Clay used to come to their house with songs he had written, and practiced singing them to her. I don't understand why she would say he wrote them if he didn't communicate that he wrote them. Am I remembering what she said wrong? If they were just songs he liked, as he is saying now, then surely she would of recognized them, and know they weren't new songs. I thought the lyrics to LAA were a great effort. I see potential, but I didn't like David's slow production of it. I always just thought Clay was being modest, and that he has tried to write songs in the past but just didn't think they were good. Like I said I am basing this on what I thought Diane Bubel said on Oprah. Now I never did buy the rumor that he wrote Josh Groban's song at all. Never believed that. It isn't' really important to me if he has never written any songs or tried to before LAA. I'm just really surprised by his claiming he hasn't. REALLY surprised me, because I sure would of believed otherwise, and did. So if true it is a let down to me somewhat, because I sure seen potential in him in this area. It is not, however, important to me that he is a song writer. Like I said, for me, it is all about the singing talent first and foremost over anything else.

Well, first off, I will repeat that I take any recount of a m&g conversation with a grain of salt, until it is at least verified by one other person. So far, I have only heard one recount of what Clay said about songwriting in the Michigan m&g, and that is second hand. But as far as I understand it, he was questioned about why he won't admit to being a songwriter, when Diane Bubel told us all on Oprah that he was. He apparently stated that she misspoke, because the songs had been saved on his laptop, but he hadn't written them. To me, that makes perfect sense. I always thought he had a bit of a look of surprise on his face when she said that on Oprah....but I didn't know if it was because he thought she misspoke, or he didn't want to her to mention his songwriting. Now, based on what apparently was said in the m&g, I believe that she simply misspoke. Just because he sang songs for her that he had saved on his laptop, it doesn't mean she would have recognized them if they weren't CA originals. There is a pretty big age gap between Clay and Diane, they probably don't have the same tastes in music. My daughter likes tons of stuff that I don't like or even know, and visa versa. She also likes tons of songs that are actually covers of older songs, but to her, they are just brand new. She doesn't know the difference, and why would she unless someone pointed it out to her? My point being that there are thousands and thousands of songs out there. Who knows what Clay had on his laptop.

Anyways, Clay has said it over and over again, in many different ways - he doesn't consider himself a song writer. I'm ok with that. I think LAA was a great start, and I'd love it if he did it again....but only if he wants to. No pressure from me.

screams joyously

Sterling Heights MOAM should be up in about an hour!

Eeee!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Edited by lickiest1

I'm being messy - but man, if Clive could clean up Whitney and David Foster whips out a big bombastic OTT duet for them -

We couldn't get Clay/Whitney off the freakin' radio! You just thought they played "I Will Always Love You" into the ground...

Of course the cool kids would diss in public (and buy and download in secret), and Clay/Clive/Whitney/Foster would laugh all the way to the bank!

You are so far into my brain with this it ain't funny.

The idea that Clay is a secret songwriter comes primarily from that single Diane Bubel statement, which Clay has said was wrong. Countering that are many, many interviews in which he has claimed he is not a songwriter, and that LAA is his first real attempt. Personally, I gotta go with Clay. I know there is a popular belief that he won't admit to writing for fear that 19E/RCA would have a share in the royalties, but that always struck me as so petty as to be unlikely, especially now that he has LAA and Lonely No More to his credit.

The fact that he is singing LAA tells me that he is proud of his work, and comfortable putting it out in the world. That gives me hope that he will try to write more songs, perhaps with the help of talented musicians. He does have a way with words. He doesn't play an instrument, which may be a hinderence to writing music, but I do think he has a lot of potential as a lyricist.

And I've always thought that if he wrote his own words, those songs might have a depth and meaning that would connect and resonate with people in a different way than songs written by others. To me, LAA is evidence of that.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Thanks lickiest1............LOL

You make a good point that there is a big age difference between Diane and Clay and that she might not know the songs he had saved. On the other hand, Clay was born about 50 years too late, IMO LOL, and has a big love for songs of the 80's and the big band era. :cryingwlaughter: I would almost bet the songs he had saved would be older songs or Christian songs.

I know Clay has said many times that he is not a songwriter, I agree with everyone on that. I feel, though, there is a difference in him saying he doesn't consider himself a songwriter than saying he has never written or tried to write songs before. Thanks for telling me what was said in the meet and greet. I haven't seen too many reports on the last few M&Gs, so I wasn't sure what is being reported.

I loved me some Whitney Houston in her day. She had the pipes. I remember the Superbowl when she brought the entire bar, I was at watching the game, to a complete silence. Drunkards and all. What a shame she married Bobbie Brown. JMO

I know Clay has said many times that he is not a songwriter, I agree with everyone on that. I feel, though, there is a difference in him saying he doesn't consider himself a songwriter than saying he has never written or tried to write songs before.

He has said both things, that he doesn't consider himself a songwriter, and also that LAA is the first song he's ever written.

ETA: BWAH, playbiller. I thought about that this morning too. :cryingwlaughter:

OK, I have freaking Charles in Charge going through my head, over and over. I blame Clay and Co. I don't believe I ever watched that show in my life!

Edited by lickiest1

And I've always thought that if he wrote his own words, those songs might have a depth and meaning that would connect and resonate with people in a different way than songs written by others. To me, LAA is evidence of that.

I know I see people saying that a lot - but maybe because I'm an old fart, it's never worked that way for me. I've listened to so many versions of so many songs, and most of the time my favorite isn't the first, wasn't by the songwriter (if the songwriter even sings), or even the most popular. I remember reading in an article that an artist really can't get lost in the emotion of his own song because then they aren't playing for the audience. Besides the fact singing the same song eleventy-billion times and so many years after what ever trigger might have inspired them lessens the emotion impact. BB King

LAA really doesn't resonate with me. I think he sings the frick out it live - and I think Clay is a performer to his toes. I watch ISY and he really looks like he wants to kick someone's ass...I've seen him break character too often...then slip right back in.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just an odd duck, because there has to be a reason for the current popularity of the singer/songwriter meme (waves madly at artquest)...but I tend to wonder when I see articles like this one posted at the CH by Clandy: Singer-songwriters, or just singers?

Is there room for a third in your brain jmh? 'Cause I want to be there too.

And I love me some PERFORMER Clay. Musical acting, ala ISY. Comedian. Hell of a singer. All in a nice neat little (heh) package.

Ding dang you, lickiest! I had finally pried that bastard out because I KNOW I never watched the frickin' show and you go and put it back! Crap! Crapitty crap crap crap!

And here I was, thinking I was totaly weird, singing the theme to "What's Happening!" when I woke up this morning. You know, one of the damn instrumentals!

Maybe that will help your problem KAndre -- trying thinking of that theme for a while instead!

And have some Cheez Doodles!

MOAM is up! And it's GORGEOUS!! The picture isn't great, but his voice and passion are sooooo fantastic. This has to be one of the best MOAM performances out there. Hopefully some really high quality audio of this performance will show up at some point.

Edited by Gibby

The songwriter thing...in my experiance the most likely of scenarios is usually closer to the truth than not. I just find it much more plausible to believe that Diane misspoke than I do to believe that Clay has chosen to cover up the fact that he writes songs in order to keep them away from RCA. I mean, wouldn't he have to be flat out lying at this point? He has said it so many times and so many ways. How could those "songs" ever see the light of day now without having their own veracity questioned? What good would they be to him then? I've always felt that what Diane said on that show was a flimsy bit of not much that just grew into a full fledged Clurban Legend. I'm really glad that this M&G format has given Clay the opportunity to talk about some of this stuff with his fans.

Now I gotta go to work. I hate working a concert night. *sigh*

Thanks jenna, luckiest1, and kandre for your feedback. kandre I read that article you linked. Thanks. I think I wil forward it to our kids, and a few smart ass people I know who diss Clay for not writing his own music. Hell half of the artists I listen to on GAC don't write their own songs.

I knew that artists could change just one word, or add a couple, to a song and get writing credit for it. I learned that from someone a long time back. Can't remember who, but it was early in the fandom. I never understood why people put so much importance into whether an artist writes their own material or not. I hate when Clay's fans try to put so much pressure on him to do it. Clay is a song stylist of the highest order. No one interprets a song the way he does. IMO!!! I think he would make a better singer that writer too. I am not blowed away with LAA but there are parts of the lyrics that do show writing promise to me.

jamar, I don't think Clay lied about not writing songs to keep anybody from getting royalties either. Trying to hide it from 19E/RCA. I guess I just thought he was being his usual self deprecating self and not wanting to give himself any credit for being able to pen words.

I realize that LAA is the first song he has had published, but I still thought he had perhaps tried to write or did write before. I can't recall hearing him say that it was the first song he ever wrote, so thanks for clarifying that for me, everyone. Basically I was just commenting on my surprise at his revelation about Diane Bubel miscommunicating. I was really surprised, not disappointed, just surprised, because I truly did believe that he may have tried to pen a few diddys when he was younger.

I need to go grocery shopping. I hates that? Hubby is never home when I get back, either, to help me unload the dang bags. Sometimes I'd like to wrap one of those dang golf clubs around his head. Naw, not really. He's a keeper.

Edited by Clayzorback

bottlecap, have fun today with the polar bears. I'm expecting tomorrow that she'll have a bunch of polar bear emoticons. *g*

Well, I wasn't planning on it, but if you expect it....polarbear2.gif

Of course, now I better admit that my mom and I started to stand in line to see the polar bear cubs, until our eardrums were pierced by a very loud and happy screech from a kid in line behind us. We decided mom's limited energy would be better spent elsewhere, and high-tailed it out of the polar bear viewing line.

My current earworm is "Bills", and in fact, I was surreptiously trying to do the body roll thing while I was waiting outside the ladies room for mom. I think I need further coaching...

worm.gif

MOAM's available, you say? And I'm still clicking away here instead of downloading why?

Not every songwriter puts out the definitive version of a song. Dolly Parton wrote "I Will Always Love You," but it was Whitney Houston who brought it to a new level (though I like Dolly's version, too).

LAA resonates with me. Now, I could be projecting, but those words, "Maybe I've convinced myself, I've really been in love before," seem especially poignant coming from him. "Maybe this song has no meaning to him, but I feel like it gives me a peek into his soul. When an artist sings a song he wrote, there is that inclination to believe that he has actually felt the emotions he is expressing in music. It can feel a little more real, somehow.

Now, I don't believe he must write to connect to an audience, be a true artist, or be taken seriously. However, I do think that his own songs could have an added dimension to them. And I don't think I'm alone. At least one reviewer found the song particularly genuine and captivating.

I love "Lover All Alone," not just because he wrote it, but because I remember what it felt like to wonder if I'd ever really fallen in love, or if I ever would. There was a time, when I was a single girl in my thirties, when I thought, "Could be, it's all just a waiting game." I wanted to "share my everything," but had no one to share it with. I still know a lot of single women who ask me hopefully, "Do you know anyone?" I think he captures something in this song that many people can identify with on some level.

But it's a subjective thing, clearly.

What's been in my head is Listen. Color me one who thought Angela did a fabulous job on this song .... but OMG how I love hearing this as a C&Q duet. It was in my mind when I went to sleep last night and I was singing it on the freeway this morning.

Now, to make it even better (worse?) the clack is up with the camera lens looking directly at Clay. You gotta see this one. Now this song is not only in my ears, it's in my eyes and all over my brain.

It's dhl7777's video and not to be missed. Don't waste a minute getting this one in your face.

:DoClay: