July 17th Philadelphia

hit or miss with clack...

scarlett and slc...didn;t get the classic...

spotty on the first half

SLC got almost everything except classic...

almost fell off the when he

ah Clay said Simon is an idiot...and Quiana said that will be all over PH...

he told the woman that touched his toe that he will sent the FBI...

do we know the simon cowell reference

I guess he was talking about the amount of talent like angela and Quiana...and thats when he said Simon is an idiot...i guess its because he didn;t recognize Quiana's talent

Wow, sounds like I missed a great one. Thanks to everyone who left comments - glad to hear boyfriend was on fire tonight! I hope he's got some fire left for the next 3 shows, too! :Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

Aw, darn, I missed the cellcert. Had to go out and do some stuff tonight. It's great to come back and read about what happened, though! Thanks to everyone who posted. Can't wait for the clack!!

Hi everyone! As I mentioned, I didn't expect to go to the show last night...a friend of a friend won tickets, couldn't go, and gave them to me yesterday afternoon! I took my daughter Rach, who is almost 12, and we had a great great time. Even if she was using my cell phone as a reading light during much of the show so she could finish re-reading the 6th Harry Potter in time to start the new one this weekend! Hee!

We were far enough away, that I didn't even bother to try to make out facial expressions. It was just going to be a big picture kind of night, and I was cool with that. Of course, it was the night he happened to be wearing a t-shirt five sizes too small! Dammit! :-D

But you know what happens when you can't SEE him? You can't help but notice his freakin' VOICE. My GOD that man can sing! Did y'all know that??? Hee! We were off to the side at first, but then moved up to the empty center seats, and the sound was just incredible. In.cred.i.ble. I was telling some friends last night...his voice just does something to me. It stirs up emotions and feelings and old baggage I thought was long buried. How does he do that? Thoughts were just swirling around in my head...thoughts of first seeing him, first becoming a fan, first meeting all my Clay-friends, having him and those friends come into my life at the exact time my mom passed away and what a life saver y'all were, how the first AI concert was with Rach when she was just 7, and now she is a young lady, how life has changed and evolved since then, and so I can't really be as involved online as I used to be, how some of those friends I made will be my dearest friends for life, how happy Clay must be and that he must still pinch himself every day because he is living this wild dream....gah...I could go on and on (shut.up....I know I just DID go on and on). ;)

Anyway...he was entertaining, and charming, and funny as hell, and just sang his ass off! I had not listened to any Clack because I was waiting until Asheville, so everything was new and wonderful! After his banter with the woman who was late, Rach said, "Is he going to talk more? I really liked that!" I assured her, Clay Aiken would most definitely talk more! Have I mentioned that I love it when he talks, too?

High points of the night?

- MOAM (which will always be my favorite after being there for the Wilkes-Barre sing-along). That is forever HIS song for me.

- These Open Arms (why has nobody mentioned that before this song, which was after the "fan" letter calling him a fatty *eyeroll*, he stood up straight and Angela told him to "suck it in" and Clay said "Ahhhm suckin' it!"?) Hee!!! God, I love him.

- The Classics Medley. There are no words for how great this was. Brilliant.

- Angela singing Listen. I lovelovelove this song...especially the live version Beyonce did on the Oscars.... but Angela does an incredible job.

- Lover All Alone. My god. *weeps*

*sigh*

That is all. I'm going to go slump into my post-show depression now...and try to get by until Asheville. Hugs again, to everyone! grouphugg.gif

Hooray for stitchie! I'm so glad you enjoyed the show, and I love that you got a different perspective -- one that the voice gets you first, not necessarily the pretty. How very cool that you were able to spend time with your daughter there too (tell her that I need a refresher course in the 6th HP book, so when she gets a chance... *g*), and that she noticed that the banter is fun.nee.

Thanks for the great review! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

- These Open Arms (why has nobody mentioned that before this song, which was after the "fan" letter calling him a fatty *eyeroll*, he stood up straight and Angela told him to "suck it in" and Clay said "Ahhhm suckin' it!"?) Hee!!! God, I love him.

I hadn't heard that yet. HA! He's a funny man! :lmaosmiley-1:

Thank you and all the other recappers! :clap:

EEEEEEEEEEEEE stitchie what a great recap...thanks for sharing...I am so happy you guys had such a fun experience.

his vocie last night was really incredible..I think that is my ultimate MOAM version...of course until he goes and does it better another time

institches! :F_05BL17blowkiss: So...you going to any of the California or Florida shows? Damn it, I can't believe we STILL haven't met each other!

And :clap: for the whle thing about the VOX....so true...