#13 The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• He's my happy.
    • Doesn't want to leave RCA.
    • Lullabied...All.night.long Slooooowwwww
    • We do a lot of slow songs because that's what we're good at
    • Krispy Kreme, macaroni and cheese, and sloooooow songs.
    • God, I love his whole damn being!
    • The most adorable, lovable, huggable almost devilish creature that melts my heart .
    • It's never enough with Clay Aiken.
    • Doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.
    • Well, it's really no wonder that next thing he knew she was all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

What beautimous dames you all are!!! :RedGuy:

Fuck Oh boy, I'm at the top of the page again. :throws confetti: Yippee. Crap!

I'll just sit up here alone and run my mouth all night. What's scary is I think I can name almost everyone in those pictures (except the Japanese girls) and I've only met couchie and Scarlett before.

Edited by jmh123

Oh, how exciting! I think I just discovered a reallly, realllllly cool thing from one of the videos in Pala....it's the clip from spotlightlover of the Flat Clay banter before WISYS...right after he's seen Flat Clay and artquest has told him that she folds him to take with her everywhere...he laughs, etc....but then says he should sing another song....

Then...right before he starts singing, he turns toward Quiana and says something to her, grinning like a fool...then he says something ELSE...and I SWEAR he's saying...

"It's a fold..."

BWAH! BWAH!

It's at about 4:28--4:30 in spot's "Banter and WISYS" video....check it out! I'm RIGHT!

He's such a little shit..... :lmaosmiley-1: :cryingwlaughter::Thud:

Edited by muskifest

Wee... lookit all the sexy beyotches!!!

You guys are the bestest... thanks so much for all the birthday wishes! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Even Barry gave me a present for my birthday!! baseball.gif

:medium-smiley-070:

Yay--saved by muskifest and YSRN. I couldn't tell what he was saying there, but he sure was cute. I'll listen again tomorrow. Dang but he looked hot though.

This is cute. From my new favorite CB poster, snitchseeker, in the "How many college Clay fans are out there?" thread:

There are lots of college Clay fans on facebook as well, there's lots of Clay groups on there including "College Claymates", "Clay Aiken Has the Voice of an Angel", "I Wish I Could Quit School to Follow Clay Aiken Around the Country", and so many more. They all have around 100-300 members...and that's just on facebook.

Oh, and this one, first page:

I will be a freshman in a couple weeks as well. Clay is doing one of his Christmas shows a couple feet off of my Campus next year, Rutgers in New Brunswick. My girlfriend already promised me the tickets as a birthday/christmas gift. Wow, college age clay fan and a guy. Do I win?

And from the recaps of the Greek:

We were sitting directly behind Angela's mom and dad and they were so sweet and nice. Angela's mom talked to us throughout the show. She told us that the first time she ever heard Angela sing was when she was about 6 years old and she was in her mother's closet trying on her mother's clothes and shoes and she heard this glorious voice come out of the closet. So, she said "Angela, baby, come out here and sing that for mommy again." But Angela wouldn't do it. They would try to get her to sing at church and she would just get up there and cry, lol. So, Angela spent all her time singing in the closet, lol. (Thank goodness she overcame her stage fright at a later age, lol.)

ETA:Muski, I keep getting distracted and forget to focus. I'm mean I see the lips, I see that they're moving and stuff. He's so freaking hot.

Edited by jmh123

What beautimous dames you all are!!! :RedGuy:

Fuck Oh boy, I'm at the top of the page again. :throws confetti: Yippee. Crap!

Bwah...and the new traditions keep on rolling in.

Claygasm- I'm SO sorry to hear about your dad. Good vibes heading your way.

KAndre, your tiara is so precious!!

Scarlett: those Japanese fans reminded me what this fandom used to be all about. I sat close to them for 2 concerts and their excitement was palpable.The cutest thing was in San Diego when one of them came out of the meet and greet ...kimino on, hands together..she was freakin' eeeeing..and then all her friends went running to meet her, gathered around her and they were smiling, and all eeeeeing together. It was a beautiful sound. Truly beautiful and I won't ever forget it. In Pala, during The Way You Make Me Feel, they pulled out the words and sang along. And they had the best home made clack (tshirts/fans etc).

With regards to the Bubel Aiken Foundation "fifth grader" pledge drive...

You can read info about it here:

You can email your pledge to them? Deadline to make a pledge is August 21st.

If you are a member of the FCA: MAD beta alpha chapter you can list us when you pledge. If you already made a pledge, you can add that info when you send it your payment. When the time comes, those who can mail a check with our chapter in the memo line that would be great. None of our credit card payments have really been credited to our chapter and since it's all about the giving and not getting credit I've never done anything about that. Just moving forward. If anyone wants to help out as a leader in this chapter please let me know. FCA main is going to keep me busy for the next month cuz my updating thus far for this tour has been sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Once the tour is over I'd also like to really get into this auction idea, perhaps to be held held before the Xmas tour begins. We can start throwing ideas around there.

I chatted with Ansa tonight....she's in a computer free zone. She said she misses you all.

lickiest1 -- have a fantastic time with the 3-fer this weekend, and travel safe!

:Tour3: :Tour3: :Tour3:

I love reading all these recap, and I'll have to check out the thread with the college age students. As a member of staff at a community college, I can legally join Facebook. I might have to do that now and join up with the Claymate groups.

couchie, ITA on the reactions of the Japanese fans. That's so sweet to hear about their gushing reactions, and I LOL'd at them pulling out the words to TWYMMF!

What a lovely bunch of women we all are!! Thanks for the pictures!

Crap. You mean I HAVE to watch the Pala WISYS again? OK, you've twisted my arm. *g*

Good morning! Remember me?? lol..got home about 1am yesterday!!! I shall never catch up.

I didnt meet anyone from here again and you know what? I stayed at that same Holiday Inn Express!!! geesh..OH! and seeing the pics....we were in that um "lovely" Mexican restaurant at the same time, we were waiting for our room to b e ready...we were in the corner....I had a hunch it might be you guys...I guess I should have come over...stupid me!

The trip was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! so many good/great things happened....I loved it in Indio when he came down the aisle...as we had aisle seats....Kayla was inches away.....that man is GORGEOUS!

I know I will never have time to go back and catch up on the boards....

did I miss anything?? lol

Nothing like seeing pictures of a bunch of women on a Clay high. Beautiful!

...and thanks to one and all for sharing your CA experience. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Muski...thank you! I am off to work (school) now, :lmaosmiley-1: instead of scowling because I have to go work in the 2000 degree summer classrooms. I believe you are correct. It looks to me like he's saying, 'it's a fold' to Quiana also. Such a shit. He really does know our words. :cryingwlaughter:

*waves*

Great pics. I recognize some of you! :RedGuy:

I still need to do a recap but you'll come to learn I'm the queen of the sloooooooooooooooow [tm CA] delayed recap. For now ... let's just say it was good. It was very good.

We were standing near the Japanese fans in the original bus line at San Diego ... they we're doing much eeeeeing and screaming. It was so funny everytime they squeeeee'd people thought Clay was starting and some heads whipped around.

----

This RL thing...*shudders* work ... yard ... dogs came back from boarding sick. It all makes me start thinking

"I Wish I Could Quit School Work to Follow Clay Aiken Around the Country",

Oh heck...who am I kidding. I think that on the best of days. :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by jamar1700

Wow now that's a serious partying bunch of girls if ever I saw any. That tiara and red convertable makes quite a statement. Screams SEXY. I love it. Green with envy. Waiting for all the recaps.

rcknrllmom are you that painfully shy that you can't go up and introduce yourself? I can't believe you didn't meet anyone again. That's terrible.

jamar the next time we run into each other we must spend enough time together, to have at least a couple of drinks.

Clay and his not a fold statement is so freaking funny. That man reads too much of the boards. I must go find the clack and watch later on.

ldyjocelyn , thinks I need cough syrup for the froggy in my throat. Hee Rivet..Rivet. I just need those lowriders to fall completely off of Clay. Of course having our bestest clack gatherers right in the front row with their cameras, to capture the moment. I could die a happy woman then. I do get all mushy when he is seriously singing at me, but during the rest of the time I like to spend it admiring his other qualities. *g*

Muski...thank you! I am off to work (school) now, instead of scowling because I have to go work in the 2000 degree summer classrooms. I believe you are correct.

Yep...and if you watch him from the time artquest says that she can fold him, you can see his mind working....he wants to say something SOOOOOOOOOOOO bad about the 'fold'....I certainly was waiting for him to! But for some reason he only thought some witty, naughty remark referencing crotches Waldo folds, etc.

He showed remarkable restraint, IMO.

Demmit.

Edited by muskifest

Waves from lurkdom...

I just wanted to say please download everything from Spotlight. That woman is a clack goddess and I'm eternally grateful for the Indio venue downloads...* Thuds*

This is my observation....

Clay moves his rivet in ways I never thought was possible..Until now!

Goes back to lurkdom....

I didnt meet anyone from here again and you know what? I stayed at that same Holiday Inn Express!!! geesh..OH! and seeing the pics....we were in that um "lovely" Mexican restaurant at the same time, we were waiting for our room to b e ready...we were in the corner....I had a hunch it might be you guys...I guess I should have come over...stupid me!

Ah man..then we probably saw you..just didn't know who you were. Sorry we missed you.

Payday whoo hooo LOL.

Still doing laundry from the California four-fer and trying to get ready to leave for the NC/Tenn three-fer tomorrow. Just hope it dries in time to pack.

Those shows were all wonderful. Clay was so "ON" in Pala that concert will be forever etched in my brain. Everything there was just perfect. All the others were wonderful, but Pala was a special evening and will always be happy I got to see it in person.

Was so good to meet some of you at the Greek. Recognized Couchie right away. She was wearing her DCAT Shirt, it HAD to be her. Yet missed K'Andre completely because she had no bling. Not one single thing, no tiara, diamond earrings. Nothing. She was going incognito I guess. Got to meet Scarlett and Ansa too. And at that point, my mind could not hold any more information, so if I've left anyone out it is because the brain farted. Clay and I had a con.nec.tion. rcknrllmom, I thought I saw you somewhere...wish I was sure but not enough to walk up to you. It was outside of a concert setting I think...maybe a hotel lobby or something. So sorry about that. Now that I'm home, am seeing it as a lost opportunity. Would have loved to meet you. What the heck, if I approached the wrong person, it might be a little embarrassing, but then I'd never be seeing them again anyway!

All the recaps have been wonderful. Now that I'm somewhat caught up, am going off to download LOTS of clack. Lots and lots of clack..... be back eventually....

Admin Note: What? A bright tangerine dress and heels aren't enough??!?!?

Wow now that's a serious partying bunch of girls if ever I saw any. That tiara and red convertable makes quite a statement. Screams SEXY. I love it. Green with envy. Waiting for all the recaps.

rcknrllmom are you that painfully shy that you can't go up and introduce yourself? I can't believe you didn't meet anyone again. That's terrible.

jamar the next time we run into each other we must spend enough time together, to have at least a couple of drinks.

Clay and his not a fold statement is so freaking funny. That man reads too much of the boards. I must go find the clack and watch later on.

ldyjocelyn , thinks I need cough syrup for the froggy in my throat. Hee Rivet..Rivet. I just need those lowriders to fall completely off of Clay. Of course having our bestest clack gatherers right in the front row with their cameras, to capture the moment. I could die a happy woman then. I do get all mushy when he is seriously singing at me, but during the rest of the time I like to spend it admiring his other qualities. *g*

Not at all...since I hadnt met anyone before, had no clue what they looked like...but should have followed my hunch...do not know WHY I figured it was FCA people. but did....stupid me for not asking I guess

Still doing laundry from the California four-fer and trying to get ready to leave for the NC/Tenn three-fer tomorrow. Just hope it dries in time to pack.

Those shows were all wonderful. Clay was so "ON" in Pala that concert will be forever etched in my brain. Everything there was just perfect. All the others were wonderful, but Pala was a special evening and will always be happy I got to see it in person.

Was so good to meet some of you at the Greek. Recognized Couchie right away. She was wearing her DCAT Shirt, it HAD to be her. Yet missed K'Andre completely because she had no bling. Not one single thing, no tiara, diamond earrings. Nothing. She was going incognito I guess. Got to meet Scarlett and Ansa too. And at that point, my mind could not hold any more information, so if I've left anyone out it is because the brain farted. Clay and I had a con.nec.tion. rcknrllmom, I thought I saw you somewhere...wish I was sure but not enough to walk up to you. It was outside of a concert setting I think...maybe a hotel lobby or something. So sorry about that. Now that I'm home, am seeing it as a lost opportunity. Would have loved to meet you. What the heck, if I approached the wrong person, it might be a little embarrassing, but then I'd never be seeing them again anyway!

All the recaps have been wonderful. Now that I'm somewhat caught up, am going off to download LOTS of clack. Lots and lots of clack..... be back eventually....

You should have....did I have red hair? LOL..Cause I do....daughter has wavy hair and glasses. A LOT of people came up to me and asked if I was rcknrllmom.....

heck we had someone walk up to us outside at the Greek asking kayla and I if we were COLLEGE students..LOVED that....um she is only 15 and I am NOT...lol

Not at all...since I hadnt met anyone before, had no clue what they looked like...but should have followed my hunch...do not know WHY I figured it was FCA people. but did....stupid me for not asking I guess

I knew them by their DCAT pins...just sayin' :RedGuy:

eta...since I had to edit anyway *g* I will now do some stuntnagging for couchie ... Try using the VIEW NEW POSTS feature if you don't already. It'll rock your world. Or not. But try it anyway. K'?

Edited by jamar1700

Now that I've finally caught up on all my freakin' sleep, let me continue on the tale of the Cali 3-fer...where was I? Oh yeah, CG was guzzling down a bunch of reds, and (OK, I told y'all and told y'all I don't remember anybody's name...including people I've met three times and think their husband is sort of cute and I watched actually talk to Clay and was filled with envy, and whose goat cheese and salt & pepper chips I ate, and is snarky enough to hang with moi...I was serious.) who also knocked back the varietals pretty smartly. Me? I savored and swirled and sniffed and watched legs and discovered two really good sweet wines and what was apparently the California version of pink Cold Duck that couchie just luuuuuved...I was waiting for Billy Dee to appear behind her. Man, it's so much fun drinkin' and eatin' with five opinionated women and the more they drank, the louder and funnier they got! It was amazing! They couldn't even PRETEND to be sweet anymore! I loved it! Then I realized it was 2 pm and Scarlett was landing at 2:35p and since it took me a little over an hour and fifteen minutes to get to the winery, I needed to get scooting. Why the hell didn't somebody slap my ass? Huh? Better yet, slap all the rest of those SOBs blocking the goddam freeway! Scarlett called from the tarmac at about 2:40p to confess that she CHECKED something (OK, we are in a freakin' Mazda Miata convertible - trunk space? What trunk space? Happily I know that heifer and packed so my stuff literally fit in less than 1.5 cubic feet, leaving her with three whole cubic feet. She can never say I didn't give her something!) and I sez that's cool, 'cause I may be 30-40 minutes late. Right after I hang up with her, I come to a dead stop. In the middle of frickin' California desert no-fuckin-where. Stopped. I figure there has to be an accident - the road collapsing - a UFO sighting - something. No. Just a billion Californians blocking my goddam way. We don't allow this to happen in Texas unless there a hurricane. I swear, I'm writing a nasty email to Arnie! I finally pull up to LAX at 5 o'clock people! FIVE! And that is after 7 panicked calls from an increasingly distressed Scarlett. However, the panic momentarily disappeared when she spied our totally kick ass ride and we got all her stuff in the trunk. All three cubic feet I left her. We hop in, she squeals "how cute", refuses to ride in it with a bucket hat on, sprays us with enough sunscreen to choke a horse and we take off. And are doing pretty good time if I do say so myself - taking advantage of the car pool lane, whipping in and out of traffic..started out of the 105...it went fine...went on the 605...it went fine...head on down 91...it's going fine and then giant signs tell us to get the hell out of the car pool lane because they are gonna start charging our butts eight frickin' dollars for the most expensive toll road in the entire world and we have no idea if Hertz put the damn transponder in the damn car and I didn't check because I didn't think California had any damn toll roads and the stupid toll road doesn't have any goddam toll booths and the $341 frickin' fine was scary and we figure how much of a delay could it be and then we come to the sumbitch stretch of highway along said the damn tollway and the entire freakin' freeway STOPS. Dead in the water. It took us 47 minutes to do ten fuckin' miles. I swear. Forty seven minutes. It's 6:58, the show starts at 7:30, we still had 49 miles to go, we are CRAWLING for the exit to I-15 and at this point, Scarlett is calling everybody trying to fix tickets she was holding for other people. I am saying nasty, NASTY words. Just nasty. We get all the way up to maybe 15 miles an hour for maybe three miles then miracle of miracles, the traffic starts to clear. Scarlett squeals in joy, I bump that baby up to 90 (not necessarily mph. It coulda been km/hr. Though it wasn't. But it could have been. People need to drive faster), and notice a couple of things. One, even though the sun was dropping, and the air blowing in the top of car was really cool, my thighs were frying. And the thermometer hadn't moved from the bottom 1/4. At all. Even though on any other car it would be living in the red zone. And (2), a little yellow light possibly indicating we were out of gas lit up. But I figured we have got to get at least 20 mpg, right? It's a little bitty car. And surely, when the light comes on, I gotta have a couple of gallons left, right? And besides it's sorta downhill. And I was sorta afraid if we stopped we wouldn't be able to start again with that minor heating problem thingie. And so I decided not to disturb Scarlett with these little ticky details. Oddly enough, by 7:20 we have made it to Pala, and I mention to Scarlett that we might be getting ready to be out of gas, as the car had sorta started like missing. Cylinders, I think. Scarlett sez, well, if the yellow light hasn't come on yet, we should be fine. I sorta sez, well, the little yellow light came on like maybe 20 miles ago. Y'all know what? Scarlett has a really loud, very piercing shriek. Just piercing. Happily, we spot a Mobil station on the right since Scarlett has a Mobil FastPass. However, the goddam station didn't have an entrance from the street! I swear to God, though Scarlett is CONVINCED I just passed it because I was psychotic because she feels I could have gone over the curb - but the damn car is like a half inch off the ground. Happily, we found a Valero at the next signal. We spring into action, ready to fill the gas tank - it's 7:25 and we feel triumphant that we will only be a few minutes late - and CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO OPEN THE DAMN GAS TANK. Honest to God. We looked for buttons and latches, pounded on the lid, looked under the seat, in the door, in the trunk, broke a couple of nails scabbling at the hatch. Finally I said, "lets read the frickin' manual". We open the manual, look at the diagram, angle ourselves around the car and finally figure out those bastards at Mazda hid the damn thing in a closed storage space between the backs of the seat. I said more bad words. We hop back in the car and screech out of the parking lot. We only have 10 miles to go - how bad could it be?

HA! We start going down this two lane goat track. And no, I don't slow down because come hell or high water, I am gonna miss as little of my man as I can. Scarlett, who is so much more vain than I will ever be, sez, "Do you think I can change in the car?". I, thinking she's being snarky, sez, "why the hell not?", take my eyes off the road to grin at her and realize she's pulling her shirt off. So I roll up the windows. No, they weren't tinted. Yes, the convertible top was still down. Scarlett is determined to good even if we do tumble off the mountain. Me, I'm going for the "Yes, I have been driving this goddam car for the last 6 hours in the traffic jam from hell and this is what you get and if you have anything to say about it, just bugger off. And stay downwind if you can." We pull up to the valet parking, fling the keys at the valet, who looks surprise and take off running across the driveway where people attempt to run over us. I'm not sure why we didn't just walk though the casino like everyone else. But we got there in time for the tail end of Everything I Have. Because the eHP kicks ASS! I scooted in next to CG who was all clean 'n stuff, because she is not a HARD CORE fan like me. The venue was gorgeous, he was in excellent voice, Flat Clay in the window was dancing, he mocked the drinking people - only one little blip on my radar screen - for those standing around me, if you have no goddam singing talent and Clay has never encouraged some sort of sing along to Because You Loved Me, SHUT THE FUCK UP. If I have to tell your asses THREE FRICKIN' TIMES I don't want to hear your singing, and I tell you you sound bad, SHUT UP. Save your freakin' lowing for when you give birth, you cow.

Ahem.

We then caught up with the FCA who had lovely, lovely margaritat stuff in their room and couchie's SIL who was funny as shit. And they gave me a tiara, which I made work, and earrings to match, which Audrey Hepburn couldn't have made work. We laughed and drank and ate, and Scarlett ran off as usual, and I decided to go make money. Gambling. I went to the ATM and got out 3 twenties for bait. Stuck a twenty in the penny slot machine, some lines lit up, and I got $21.04. And quit. Went to another slot machine, stuck in my 2nd twenty (I always put my winnings and seed money away immediately so I am not tempted to spend it), pushed the buttons...and made $23.78! I was on a freakin' roll! I didn't need a sugar daddy! I put those winnings away as well, pulled out my final twenty, and played a 2 cents machine! pushed the button - and it made lots and lots of noise, twirled around repeatedly, and when it finally stopped, I had $117.23! I immediately cashed the tickets and went to bed. I have no idea when Scarlett showed up. Woke up the next morning, and headed for the Jacuzzi, which was totally sweet, saw the FCA posse at breakfast and told them about my winnings and made arrangements to see them in LA. They wanted to know where their seats were and Scarlett had the tickets so I took them back to our room where Scarlett apparently decided to spend the last two hours in the gorgeous bathroom in our room, and neglected to shut, much less lock the door. She still squeals really loud. She, of course, was on the phone, upgrading my Greek ticket with Solo. I moved from 4th row center to 2nd row aisle. And it was frickin' WORTH it. The FCA eventually wandered off after laughing at Scarlett as they had to pick up Muski at the airport. I checked out of the room - Scarlett eventually showed up, we ate at the buffet (which was to DIE for) and by 1 pm, we were headed back north to LA. Something bites me on the neck while we are waiting for them to pull the Miata around (and it wasn't a hot vampire-like dude) so we decide to find a CVS equivalent to get some cortisone cream, and feel that people should know that non open stores look amazingly like open ones. Especially with cars in the lots and lights on in the store. A big frickin' sign saying, "Look, people. We ain't open yet. Just because we look like we're open, doesn't make it true." I did without the cortizone.

Traffic was much better going back to L.A. and since it was a nice day, we decide to go to Venice Beach. We were shocked, SHOCKED, I tell ya, to discovered that apparently everybody in the world decided to do the same. So we decided to go on the to CH party. Because Scarlett is psychotic, she persuaded me to reserve a hotel in Indio for tonight instead getting a hotel in LA and we would just drive though and we could get dressed at the restaurant. Having made 15 billion circles on 17 billion freeway exits, we finally get off the freeway and just take surface streets to the restaurant. When we get to the restaurant, Scarlett, having been spoiled by the freedom of changing in a convertible going down a ravine, then changes shirts in the parking lot. When we see her wandering naked down the street, don't say I didn't warn you people. Me, I grab me stuff and head for the bathroom, where I realize I'm pulling a Britney. Happily I successful resolve that issue prior to the concert. We eat, then hop in the vans for the concert. I pick up my new ticket and wait for couchie and ansa et al to show up. And wait. And wait. I am beginning to see a pattern here. They eventually come wandering up, and I offered them my old ticket. Couchie goes, Ansa, you take it. Ansa goes, no, you take it. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Eventually feeling they have shown enough modesty, Ansa finally takes the damn ticket. By this time, Muski & CG show up and I offer her the rest of tickets I have. Muski says, she gotta see. I swear, Muski is showing restraint. Considering they were like 15 rows closer in, I look up and surprise, surprise, they are in the closer seats. They claim they just wanna be closer to couchie. Yeah, right. Angela's entire family is sitting right behind me, I make Angie's brother talk on the cellcert. Faye is like three rows behind and in the right section. Clay passes within a foot of me as he goes up and down the aisle. He tries to make Faye sing and she doesn't know ANY of the words. He sounds them out for her, and sez, "Well, you see I didn't get my singing talent from her!" HA! He messes with Angie and her family all night and sounds frickin' INCREDIBLE. Glory notes out the wazoo! Scarlett eventually with have some incredible stuff out (Ha HA! My recaps are forcing her to render in a (semi) timely fashion!) The concert's over, I explain to Scarlett we are not waiting on the goddam bus line because she said we had to have our asses in Indio THAT NIGHT and run for the vans. We get back to the restaurant, hop in the Miata and start looking for Starbucks (ignoring all the nagging from the right seat about frickin' In 'n Outs). Again, everybody and their brother is cruising on Hollywood Blvd., Scarlett insists we have the top down, and at one point we are competing with some dude in an Escalade belting out Chamillionaire vs. us in the Miata and Clay getting down and dirty with "Here You Come Again". Clay needs to pump up the bass for these kinds of street battles. But we find the Starbucks - we find a Mobil - and a little after midnight, we take off for Indio!

The Miata will occasionally accidentally do more than 95 mph. I've heard. We were in Indio by 2 am.

to be concluded later

KAndre, you are simply brilliant. There are two things in this recap, though, that I wish I could have experienced in person.

The first:

They eventually come wandering up, and I offered them my old ticket. Couchie goes, Ansa, you take it. Ansa goes, no, you take it. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Eventually feeling they have shown enough modesty, Ansa finally takes the damn ticket.

Having talked to these two women enough, I can simply imagine how this went down....pretty much exactly as you write here. (BTW, noticed you didn't bother to bold their names here. Smart move.)

The second:

Again, everybody and their brother is cruising on Hollywood Blvd., Scarlett insists we have the top down, and at one point we are competing with some dude in an Escalade belting out Chamillionaire vs. us in the Miata and Clay getting down and dirty with "Here You Come Again". Clay needs to pump up the bass for these kinds of street battles.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Happily I successful resolve that issue prior to the concert. We eat, then hop in the vans for the concert. I pick up my new ticket and wait for couchie and ansa et al to show up. And wait. And wait. I am beginning to see a pattern here. They eventually come wandering up, and I offered them my old ticket. Couchie goes, Ansa, you take it. Ansa goes, no, you take it. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Couchie, no, you. Ansa, no, you. Eventually feeling they have shown enough modesty, Ansa finally takes the damn ticket.

BWAH!

SERIOUSLY? Who wants to write any sort of recap after that.

Me? I savored and swirled and sniffed and watched legs and discovered two really good sweet wines and what was apparently the California version of pink Cold Duck that couchie just luuuuuved...I was waiting for Billy Dee to appear behind her. Man, it's so much fun drinkin' and eatin' with five opinionated women and the more they drank, the louder and funnier they got! It was amazing! They couldn't even PRETEND to be sweet anymore!

And though the winery created all sorts of issues for you later, I'm so happy we did this. What a great time we had. KAndre is a master storyteller in person, not just with her recaps. And her life is funnier than her Clay adventures...well almost. And Billy Dee can pour my cold duck any old time he wants... even at his advanced age LOL. That was some good shit stuff.

And I take it, Here You Come Again, got its ass kicked :cryingwlaughter: