#13 The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• He's my happy.
    • Doesn't want to leave RCA.
    • Lullabied...All.night.long Slooooowwwww
    • We do a lot of slow songs because that's what we're good at
    • Krispy Kreme, macaroni and cheese, and sloooooow songs.
    • God, I love his whole damn being!
    • The most adorable, lovable, huggable almost devilish creature that melts my heart .
    • It's never enough with Clay Aiken.
    • Doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.
    • Well, it's really no wonder that next thing he knew she was all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

Girls! Girls! I swear, we go away for just a few days and all hell breaks loose! What's all the fighting about? Can't you two work this avie thing out without slapping emoticons? :cryingwlaughter:

I lurve me some Clay and some Clay buddies, but I'm GLAD to be home! Maybe it's since I was in Texas and New Mexico with the softball tourney and then went directly to LA for two concerts...but I'm pooped!

Of the two concerts I got to see, I thought the Indio one was more entertaining...and his voice was stronger, too, I think. He was on fire last night and funny as hell and cute as all get out and he showed us lots of milky white belly (and lower) skin. However, I AM quite concerned that the belly-flaunting picture seems to reveal an appalling lack of trummy hair.

Yes. Indeed. That possibility does have me worried...

Ladies and gentlemen -- welcome to AVATAR WARS!!!

Gibby, will you trade some popcorn for some Cheez Doodles? I've also got wine.

:trink3:

I just saw spot's LA classics medley. "Forgive me Dad!" Love that.

varietes_de_tequila_.jpg

Cool beans! Looks as if we've got enough booze for the drunk people in San Diego AND Pala. Maybe Clay will notice us then.

I'll watch the show women80.gif

Hee!

I've just found out that my husband needs to be up at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. *sigh* Off to bed.

Okay, okay, I don't want nobody to be :goodVevil: up on me; I'm a good girl I am... um, yeah. right. Well, I've been told I am good...but enough about me! Is all forgiven? I've resorted to going waaaaay back in time (NAT - told you it was way back!) and used the one and only decent photo I've ever taken of Mr. Aiken. (Lawdy, Lawdy, Lawdy, what I wouldn't give for him to just once look at me like that...*swoon*.) Anyway, my thieving days are over. Okee dokee, sweet-ums? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Exactly who said you were good? And in what context?

I see Scarlett's in the house somewhere north of the border...girrrrrrrl, you owe us some excellent clack!

I am going to bed now...got my sleeping 'pill'...the next part of the recap will be up in the morning!

Man, the singers on The Singing Bee all suck. Both the professionals and the amateurs. Suckity suck suck suck!

KAndre, I agree with you on that Singing Bee show. It's like a really cheap imitation of Fox's "Dont' Forget the Lyrics." Say what you will about Fox, but they seem to be able to pull off these type of shows better than the other networks. Plus I happen to like Wayne Brady so that probably helps.

Hello from Toronto! I'm here to hand-deliver KAndre's super sekrit rap lyrics and arrangements (do rap songs have those?) to LizinToronto /jk.

*waves to all the concert-ho's from last week*

I'm really behind on Clay stuff but since his Cedar Point pics were posted, I thought I'd upload the eHP ones: (no Clay unfortunately, just ehP)

Taken by the Lemon/Strawberry Ice vendor (so a bit shaky)

Really fast ride that looks like

this.

Dragster again with 2 people who know when to do (& not to do this)*wink*

Another great stand-up coaster

My dearest love

Solo & my dearest love

I see Scarlett's in the house somewhere north of the border...girrrrrrrl, you owe us some excellent clack!
How crazy is it that I brought all the raw Clack to Canada with me even though I'll only be here 2 days and I have no means to render them. At least, if there's a terrorist attack tomorrow and I never get back home, I have the stuff with me. *g* See you Thursday/Friday!!! *smooches for driving us all over last week and for picking that car in the first place* Edited by Scarlett

How exciting! New names posting...

well, I suppose I mean new people posting since names cannot post anything, can they? In any case...welcome all! Seems you already know quite a few of the 'old hats' (and tiaras) here, so I'll just join in the love.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Just took my sixteen year old 'driving' (illegally, of course)....another parenting milestone.

Clay is hot and dorky at the same time. It's quite disconcerting, isn't it?

In a :Thud::hubbahubba: kinda way....

Off to watch some clack... :Tour3:

KAndre, Berkeley, Couchie IS HOME. Excuse me for talking in the third person, something I snicker at when I see others do it, but I have so missed strike out. I was only confused for 2 of the black folk in the fandom this trip. Progress is being made :cryingwlaughter:

Home Sweet Home...Dropped Ansa off at her Aunt's and just HAD to stay for a nice Filipino dinner. YUM. It was awesome. She'll be without the net until Friday and even then she'll probably catch up with her girls before she joins back in the fun.

I've just read the last few pages with a smile on my face. Just who has been running this asylum cuz you're up for a promotion!

YSRN, you know girl, you're one right answer away from becoming a mod :cryingwlaughter: ETA: I agree with your whole position on ocregmom. I understood what you were trying to stay.

Welcome to all the newbies...nice to see you stpteach and pax, names I recognize.

All those booze emoticons are reminding me of the last 5 days. We had to leave some of our unfinished goodies for the hotel staff.

Uh Oh KAndre is threatening to write a recap. LIES ALL LIES. :cryingwlaughter: Just kidding. That woman is so entertaining. I wish she had her own reality show.

Waves at all the FCAers we met over the last few days...some only briefly like Clayzedover, AAIT, my sports sistah Jamar, oh thee of the lovely photos, KarenEh, and Artquest.. I think I actually spent more time with Mr. Artquest heee. Some are FCAers under the skin cuz they are lurkers. Waves -- you know who you are. Some so so much of me they are probably sick of me! Claygasm whoo hoo girl... what a joy to meet you. JennaZ, thank you so much for hanging with us and finding the wonderful Puran's for us and even volunteering to be our guide. We were so scared of the traffic and the fact that we crawled out of bed rather late that we didn't do it. But I know other opportunities to meet and socialize will come along. KAndre you make me smile and laugh, a lot. And your comedy partner, Scarlett, she really is both angel and devil heee. I was so thrilled that Muski could join in on the fun.It wouldn't have been the same without her. And my girl Ansa...finally we meet and it was so wonderful. I'm sorry if I'm missing anyone right now -- my brain is kinda fried.

I understand what you mean about being home Muski. I'm hugging my computer right now. Those dastardly laptops kept eating my posts. I love my 20" screen. heeee.

I'm so far behind on everything I don't even know where to start!! But must say that every time I see Clay everything just falls into place. I loved all the concerts - my favorite moment was from the Greek (SURPRISE!) but my it's still a toss up for me regarding Pala and Indio as to which is my favorite. They're all my children. LOL. .

He's such an amazing talent and I love hm lots. I'm so looking forward to seeing where the next few years lead. For me I look forward to the future, seeing where his futures lies. And it's with joyful anticipation that I plan to do it. Because when I see him I'm reminded he is a smart, resiliant, smart, strong, smart man. And god he has so much talent and stronng sense of self. He knows who he is and what he wants. Of that I'm sure. So I'll just relax and enjoy.

First of all....

< ----- :hubbahubba:

Hee. Did ya'll have fun entertaining yourselves with the BOOZE!?! And no, I'm not talking about the concert-goers. LOL! Wait, well, you too!! Didja?

Welcome back eHP and Westies. It's been fun living vicariously through you!! Lies and all.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

*answers NOTHING*

A prezzie for YSRN...

rollercoasteravatar.jpg

Okay, before anyone hunts me down for being a diiiirty, no-good rotten thief, I'm here to say - yup, I am. I love that avatar, Idyjocelyn, and I admit it. I think I done stole it right from under you and my beauty-ous YSRN. Assuming that it actually posts (don't know if I ever do these things right!) I promise I'll keep it only for a little while (just need a few minutes to swoon) and then I'll give it back and find something just for meeeee! But damn! I love that look on him. :DoClay: in that 'do'!

Alright people, I've got issues with this all of this squabbling. Here's the problem--now no one is using this wonderful avatar and I want someone to cause it's purdy and I want to look at it! I'd steal it myself, but I just changed mine for the first time evah, and I'm just getting used to it. Someone, please, steal resteal/beg/borrow/co-opt this purty avatar!

now no one is using this wonderful avatar and I want someone to cause it's purdy and I want to look at it!
I hear ya, jmh...but don't look at me...I'm still :hubbahubba: at my hunka hunka burning lowrider avie....

Ah...it's late and I've been cruising the boards and :Thud: at pictures and enjoying the afterglow of being thoroughly CLAYED with friends and...

sigh. :RedGuy:

Good night, FCA! May I just say how happyhappy I am to call this place my home (board)... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Just checking in to say I have arrived almost home safe and sound!

Yes, it is almost 4am on the east coast....

Flight from Ontario to Phoenix was fine, but we were delayed leaving Phoenix and then had to circle in a holding pattern before landing in Philly for over an hour! We finally landed about 1am, but so did 10 million other delayed flights so it was a mad house at baggage claim. Then I had to take my friend home and now I am at my parents' with Waldo (heh..) as sort of a halfway house since I live yet anouther 35 minutes or so away. I'll sleep awhile and then take Waldo home.

Unfortunately I came home to find out my father went into the hospital today. Makes me nervous. For someone who had always been incredibly healthy, he has not had a good year this year. Hopefully it won't be anything major....

That aside, it was a great trip!! Loved spending time with couchie and ansa and KAndre and spending too little time with JennaZ who is just the best. And how great was it to start off my trip by meeting my twin YSRN! And meeting, however briefly, Jamar, and spending some time again with Scarlett and Karen Eh? - clack goddesses extrordinaire (I know that is spelled wrong, but I'm tired!).

And of course, having muski with us for even half the time was wonderful!!

And if I missed anyone, blame it on jet lag!

One thing I know now more than ever is I am so PROUD that FCA is my home board and SO proud to be an FCAer!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to everyone!! I missed you all!!

I may never catch up with the board or the pictures or the clack - but I sure am going to try!! But for now, I need to catch some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZs. I would appreciate it if you could all send some positive vibes/enegry/thoughts/karma/prayers my father's way.

ETA: Man, its been so long, I had forgotten what my avatar looked like! :RedGuy:

Edited by Claygasm

The Aubrey dance was posted at the Clayboard

there are send spaces and a 4 shared link at the end.

Aubrey's adorable, and quite the little ham, isn't he? I'm glad somebody got him on video and hope Angela gets to see it.

playbiller, lurve your emo hair dude!

Glad to hear the California peeps are making their way home safely. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Welcome home to all the CA travellers!

There's booze here? Hee, I don't drink, but I could use some today.

Wheeeeeeee! I leave for Raleigh in less than 24 hours! :TourExcite:

3 more days till Cary!!!!!! :Tour3:

I'm glad the California people are back home, safe in their beds or with their nice non-laptop computers! Hee. And safe travels for the next set of FCA people -- have a great time!

Meanwhile....

:bday2:

...to the non-avatar thief YSRN!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful, wonderful day.

I know what she'll be doing, she'll be staring at her avatar all day!

It's someone's birthday? Someone v. v. special? Why, it's YSRN's birthday you say?? Aww, I hope all is forgiven 'cause I want to give you the biggest, squishiest birthday hug I can find! :big hug: I love you my friend! Enjoy your day, sweets! (And apparently I need to go see about changing my custom name to 'The Thief of Avatar'.... *g* )bunchaballon.gif :7252: bunchaballon.gif

Yes, I'm postwhoring. Mea Culpa. But I didn't want to mix business with pleasure...so to speak. I have a question, favor, plea? Take your pick. Someone (and I do believe it was the birthday girl herself!) posted this wonderful photo from the Houston concert by zippy and I made it my desktop background faster than you can say "YUM!" Now I've tried to make it my avatar, but as you can see, it doesn't translate too well. Is there someone who can either explain to me (beware! I am technologically-challenged) or recreate for me by editing it a bit so one sees more face (though look at that body! oy) and make a new avatar for me? I would be forever and eternally grateful. And I promise to never steal another avatar ever again. <crosses heart>

HoustonIMG_2357fsn-1.jpg