#13 The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• He's my happy.
    • Doesn't want to leave RCA.
    • Lullabied...All.night.long Slooooowwwww
    • We do a lot of slow songs because that's what we're good at
    • Krispy Kreme, macaroni and cheese, and sloooooow songs.
    • God, I love his whole damn being!
    • The most adorable, lovable, huggable almost devilish creature that melts my heart .
    • It's never enough with Clay Aiken.
    • Doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.
    • Well, it's really no wonder that next thing he knew she was all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

OK I know we are only on page 18, but I have to make a thread title suggestion. I am quoting Clay from the Greek, about the fan letter saying he was fat:

We'll accept her apology, but she told me I should lay off the Krispy Kremes and the macaroni and cheese, and you know, I appreciate y'alls opinion, I do. But I ate what I wanted to that night, and I don't care what she says. It was quite good, I tell you what. Krispy Kreme, macaroni and cheese, and sloooooow songs. *sticks tongue out*

God, I love him. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OK I know we are only on page 18, but I have to make a thread title suggestion. I am quoting Clay from the Greek, about the fan letter saying he was fat:

We'll accept her apology, but she told me I should lay off the Krispy Kremes and the macaroni and cheese, and you know, I appreciate y'alls opinion, I do. But I ate what I wanted to that night, and I don't care what she says. It was quite good, I tell you what. Krispy Kreme, macaroni and cheese, and sloooooow songs. *sticks tongue out*

God, I love him. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

With all the chatterboxes we have here, hee, it won't take long to get to page 80! :cryingwlaughter:

I just went and nominated this for thread title:

We do a lot of slow songs because that's what we're good at

I love seeing STPteacher & pax posting here. I hope you hang around.

Glad our California girls had a blast. I'm staying caught up on the reading but not posting much. Having too much pain to sit for long. Plus I'm still getting ready for company arriving Thursday.

So many great pictures of Clay. Keep 'em coming. :clap:

I just want to know why he's still wearing Sean's undershirts. Not that I'm complaining or anything. :Thud:

Nice avatar Clayzor....and hope you feel better soon.

Question: when in the LA/Greek show was the banter with Clay snugging up to Angela and then saying to her family "surprise!"? Has a clip of that shown up yet? NEEEEEEEEEEEEED to see this.

Dear Lord - This has been so very fun...and exhausting. And yes, I'm at work right now - see the formatting and capitalization??!?! HA!

As for Ben - for me, there is a limit to how much slack I cut anybody because they are "somebody's son". Hell, everybody is somebody's child and if they are wrong in a public forum, I will call them on it. For me, that's a little how society works - the shame you may cause your loved ones should work as a deterrent to jackass behavior. I find him so far to lack the objectivity I expect in a good journalist - leaving him open to legitimate criticism. However, I realize I am not the most sensitive person - and believe in general there is only a limited amount of credit and/or blame any mother can and should take for a grown-ass child.

As for Ben - for me, there is a limit to how much slack I cut anybody because they are "somebody's son". Hell, everybody is somebody's child and if they are wrong in a public forum, I will call them on it. For me, that's a little how society works - the shame you may cause your loved ones should work as a deterrent to jackass behavior. I find him so far to lack the objectivity I expect in a good journalist - leaving him open to legitimate criticism. However, I realize I am not the most sensitive person - and believe in general there is only a limited amount of credit and/or blame any mother can and should take for a grown-ass child.

[/quote

Thank you KAndre, I came very close to posting something similar to this yesterday evening, but since I don't have minions I was chicken.

Question: when in the LA/Greek show was the banter with Clay snugging up to Angela and then saying to her family "surprise!"? Has a clip of that shown up yet? NEEEEEEEEEEEEED to see this.

I don't think it's been posted yet. It would be post TOA or pre-WTLGD. Also, I haven't seen any videographers who took Aubrey dancing during TWYMMF. That's a toughie, Clay in the audience, people all standing, but I really hope somebody videotaped that kid dancing.

KAndre, I can't believe I was listening to you on the cellcert last night and you're at home and at work this morning!!

Edited by jmh123

I don't think it's been posted yet. It would be post TOA or pre-WTLGD.

Thanks for answering that. I hope that isn't some "lost clack."

Also, I haven't seen any videographers who took Aubrey dancing during TWYMMF. That's a toughie, Clay in the audience, people all standing, but I really hope somebody videotaped that kid dancing.

I'd really love to see that too...and I bet Angela would as well.

KAndre, I can't believe I was listening to you on the cellcert last night and you're at home and at work this morning!!

I'm dragging this morning, so I can't imagine what KAndre feels like!

Man, I've got stare at some of those pictures some more to wake me up.

I just want to know why he's still wearing Sean's undershirts. Not that I'm complaining or anything. :Thud:

Because he wants to give us some glimpses of his tummy? He knows it's showing, he's seen the clack....so I have to think that he just wants to give us a thrill. I mean, it's not as though he couldn't have sent Jerome out to Walmart to buy him some undershirts that fit. I think we'll know for sure if he is still wearing them on Friday in Cary, when he has access to his own clothes. :cryingwlaughter:

Can you believe that I could only find 2 glowsticks in all of my city? OK, fess up, which one of you is running around town buying them all up? ;)

Wasn't there a time when we were going to build a Clay from the bare skin we had seen - we were going to patch it together until we had nude Clay. A fore arm here, a trummy there, an ankle here, just a patch of chest hair......

So why are you buying glow sticks in your town? trying to bring them with you for Cary? Should I add that to my shopping list? Here is an idea - instead of glow sticks, how about wearing the glowing necklaces?

Edited by playbiller

Dayum... that's some serious skinnage there!! :hubbahubba:

Bah, ya'll misunderstand me. :imgtongue: Ben deserves a whipping (and not the good kind) - he's a dick and a moron. I was just trying to draw a line between whipping him and taking his mom and their personal relationship out in the process. I wasn't thinking anyone should be nice to said dick for the purpose of not hurting mom. I suck at explaining these things, which is why I rarely do. :lol:

Bawk, bawk.

I think jojoct got some of Aubrey - at least the end where Clay holds up his arm and tries to high-five him in her TWYMMF vid. Pretty damn cute. I've watched that one multiples. All the smiley, happy people get to me.

I'm glad Cali is behind us, so I can stop wishing I was there... now I just have Raleigh to traumatize about and then I'm good. :cryingwlaughter:

clayzor, do you need a mat? Hee.

ETA... It was great meeting you Ansa... Safe flights home and all that. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by YSRN

I'm busy working this morning....meaning chatting with Ansa via gmail. (Gotta love that gmail....) She says hello to everyone here, and is missing the place terribly. At this point, she won't be online again until she gets back home Friday. She's had four wonderful concert experiences and is incredibly grateful that she got to do the busline in SD. She's also had a blast meeting all the FCA people!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Ansa!

ETA: Ansa reports that there's a rumor out there....one that's pretty cool IMO. Rumor has it that Tyra was in the audience in LA. EEEEEEE! I like that rumor....

So why are you buying glow sticks in your town? trying to bring them with you for Cary? Should I add that to my shopping list? Here is an idea - instead of glow sticks, how about wearing the glowing necklaces?

Yep, I want them for Cary & Asheville. I know they are not to everyone's taste, but I am loving the clack we've had from certain venues that show the wave of them in the crowd. I've seen the bracelets and necklaces, but they aren't quite what I'm looking for.

Posted by Perma Swooned at the CH:

th_P1370254ct.jpg

She titled it -- "What the hell is holding up those pants?!?!?!"

We need a MUCH bigger thudding emoticon around here....

Edited to make it clickable and with Perma's watermark on it.

YSRN, I understood your concern, and this morning when I read her post over at the CH, I got a little choked up for her and I don't even know her. It is a very sad position he has put her in.

When I wrote my post about it, it really was from the "I don't get it" standpoint, I had gone back at the CH media reviews thread and read his first 2 reviews and they were more objective, he still didn't like everything, his criticism was not laced with vitriol and he did have some positive things to say. His last 2 reviews did not have a hint of objectivity in them. I just wonder what made him do such an about face. You almost wouldn't think it was the same person writing them. I don't think I'm someone that tends to over analyze things but somethings make me go ?Huh?????

ETA: Playbiller, did you see a third New Jersey venue for the Christmas tour: Morristown

Edited by atinal

I just heard the original MJ version of TWYMMF on the radio - it made me shimmy around in my chair and grin like an idiot. And yes, I silently sang along to the chorus because, no surprise, I am an enormous dork. BTW, midway through, Michael does a king of growly grunt noise that Clay should really think about incorporating in his version along with the AAEEII's.

Tell Ansa we miss her, and can't wait to hear all about her California adventure!

Sometimes people have made up their minds to hate and it makes them hate even more when they are attracted. Example - a famous hater from the south.

As a not very hairy person (except on my head) and , thus, with little shaving or waxing experience, I remember that when my dog was shaved for her operation, it took a longer time for some hair to grow back than other places.

Edited by playbiller

wonder what made him do such an about face. You almost wouldn't think it was the same person writing them. I don't think I'm someone that tends to over analyze things but somethings make me go ?Huh?????

Yeah, me too. And this definitely did. Thanks for yakking about it with me. :)

This one is a little bigger if'n you double-click it.

th_P1370254c.jpg

I like glowsticks... I'm not one to remember to wave them, but I like seeing them.

I still have my glow bracelets from the AI2 tour hanging on my turn signal in my car. :lol:

Edited by YSRN

I think jojoct got some of Aubrey - at least the end where Clay holds up his arm and tries to high-five him in her TWYMMF vid. Pretty damn cute. I've watched that one multiples. All the smiley, happy people get to me.

But we don't see Aubrey dance--wah! You're right about the smiley, happy people--there are even some young good looking guys dancing around and having a good time before Clay'd turned cool.

Ooooh, all those bare tummy pictures are so yummy. Seeing that skin makes my hands itch - I want to run my hands right up under that shirt. Anybody else have the same urge?? And I think it's not just the tiny t-shirts that are affording us such a luscious view. It's the ultra low-rise jeans that we can thank, too.

Regarding the glowsticks - you could probably find a good deal online for a bunch of them. Or is there not enough time before the concert for shipping?