#13 The Aiken Experience. There's nothing else like it.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• He's my happy.
    • Doesn't want to leave RCA.
    • Lullabied...All.night.long Slooooowwwww
    • We do a lot of slow songs because that's what we're good at
    • Krispy Kreme, macaroni and cheese, and sloooooow songs.
    • God, I love his whole damn being!
    • The most adorable, lovable, huggable almost devilish creature that melts my heart .
    • It's never enough with Clay Aiken.
    • Doing the backstroke in a fondue ocean breathing through a cheese straw.
    • Well, it's really no wonder that next thing he knew she was all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

Sweet Jesus, look at that happy man! (it took me forever with those damn new teeth, but I'm finally there)

KarenEhCanandaigua.jpg

This is what my face does every time he walks out on stage. He's my happy.

Karen Eh, as usual, your pictures are beyond beautiful! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Muski...A-Whoo-Hoo! Grand Slam?! Nice!! :clap:

Couchie, Claygasm and Ansa...have funnnnnnnn!!! :lilredani:

(this post brought to you all by emoticons-R-Us :imgtongue: )

Chatting tonight with Claygasm and Ansa about so many things, it really made me appreciate FCA. Ansa is the one that wanted this board and I thought she was crazy. But it's the best thing FCA has done because it's fun and feisty and caring and joyful and it's how I intend my fandom to forever be. ALthough this board has been here for almost 2 years, it really came into it's own only recently and it's becaue of all of you. Every new person adds something good and I really am excited about every delurk. And no, I'm not drunk. heee.

We'll see you on....the other side..... of California. eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Have a great time, you guys! And a huge thank you from me for this FCA forum. Without it I think I might give up on the online part of the Clay fandom. So *muah*!

8 more days till Cary!!!!

I swear THE SHOULDERS are getting even broader than they were before.... Eternal thanks to whomever is making Clay wear the fitted shirts instead of the NAT oversized dealies. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The soundcheck video gave me a glimpse into an alternative reality, with Mr. Aiken standing off to the side of the stage in the school auditorium, mouthing along the words of the song he spent weeks teaching the kids in his class. After their big number, he has to peel the kids (and a stray mom or four) off of his ankles because they all love him so much. Later on the moms have to try to explain to little Billy and Suzy why the video tape they took only shows the kids for a few seconds, while the rest of the time it is focused on Mr. A.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! for San Diego tonight. It looks like it will be a very dramatic venue.

:Tour3: :TourExcite: :Tour3: :TourExcite:

Hi everybody!!! Ansa here.....

everyone is asleep so I am sneaking some internet time on couchie's computer. I am havign a balst getting to know CG...we had a great supper with YSRN...I ate like a pig with this humongous plate of baby back ribs while YSRN and CG hadvery sensible personal pizzas.

It really too bad YSRN can;t join us. Looking forward to Muski joining the group. I am glad Carrie and the Blaze are doing so well but I am still keeping my fingers crossed for the Greek,.

I haven;t been on the net since Sunday so I anm terribley behind. Wil catch up later in the hotel.

I am seeing Clay tonight EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:Tour3: :TourExcite:

California people, have a GREAT evening!

Nashua Telegraph

Symphony and "Idol" Make an Unlikely Team

First paragraph (the whole article is cool):

Let’s be honest. The majority of teens, star-struck women and reluctant husbands who packed the Meadowbrook U.S. Cellular Pavilion on July 25 were there to see Clay Aiken and not the Nashua Symphony Orchestra. But by the end of a hot, mosquito-infested, skunk-infused concert, the orchestra, who was hired by the double-platinum pop star for his New Hampshire performance, received a standing “O” from the audience full of Claymates, as well as Aiken and his people.

Also....

Fans Protective of Star

I'll put the text of this one in the news section. With this one....hmmm....the grannies are back out in force. Heh.

OC Register

Clay Aiken at the Greek

Aiken's latest album, A Thousand Different Ways, released September 2006, offers fans 10 cover versions of love songs spanning the last three decades, as well as four brand-new songs that are destined to become Aiken classics in their own right. "This album is very different than my first, Measure Of A Man, in that I had a lot more say in how I wanted things to be," says the singer. Debuting at number 2 on the Billboard chart, it made Aiken the 4th artist ever to have his first 3 albums debut in the Top 5 and scan over 200,000 in the first week.

Though his fans have come to expect him to knock each song into the heavens with his transcendently powerful voice-which he does here quite masterfully, particularly on Harry Nillson's "Without You," the Bad English hit "When I See You Smile" (written by Diane Warren), and the Foreigner classic "I Want to Know What Love Is" his latest album also shows off a more mature Aiken, one who is able to add beautiful vocal nuances to such unexpected choices as Bryan Adams's "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)," Paul Young's "Everytime You Go Away" (written by Daryl Hall), and Dolly Parton's "Here You Come.

More later!

The soundcheck video gave me a glimpse into an alternative reality, with Mr. Aiken standing off to the side of the stage in the school auditorium, mouthing along the words of the song he spent weeks teaching the kids in his class. After their big number, he has to peel the kids (and a stray mom or four) off of his ankles because they all love him so much. Later on the moms have to try to explain to little Billy and Suzy why the video tape they took only shows the kids for a few seconds, while the rest of the time it is focused on Mr. A.
I love this!

So why am I up at 5:37 AM? 'Coss it's CLAY DAY! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Aw, laughn, you got me all schmoopie early in the morning...

He's my happy.
Great idea for a thread title, too, I do believe. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

KarenEh, your pictures are incredibly biographical of that enigma wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma of a man. So many snapshots of beauty and...god, but that man is full of LIFE!

Early rising this morning....early game. I'll give CG or Couchie a call with an update (although I might catch them on the way to San Diego on a plane or car or sexy tractor)...heh. I'm all smiley hearing about the get together last night and that CG had more time with Couchie and got to meet Ansa and YSRN....sigh. WE have a great group of gals here at FCA. Your post of appreciation is right on, Ms. Couchtomato! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Later, peeps! And GO, BLAZE! :laola0:

Give our best wishes to the girls, muskifest!

Selena, John Lennon, Rebecca Schaeffer. Killed by OTT fans. Stalkers and unbalanced fruit cakes. It sure makes you think doesn't it?

Yeah, I gotta say, it does worry me, sometime. Occasionally, I've seen such anger directed at Clay by fans who think he's disappointed them in some way. There are few out there who don't seem to have any life outside the fandom, who seem to have invested too much of themselves into his career. And I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg. All I can say is that it's a good thing he has Jerome around.

Yes {{{{Jerome}}}} whatever it takes. We had an earlier talk about how trusting Faye is and naive. Too.

much.

{{{Minneapolis}}}

Yep it is very scary sometimes when you think of it, Jenna. I am glad that Clay has {{{Jerome}}} too. Sheila and I were visiting with each other about crazy fans being able to get to Clay's mother as well as to Clay himself. She is so nice and trusting and seems to have no qualms about mingling with fans. We were discussing how some crazy people might be able to get to Clay through his mom or even harm her. Take for example this birthday cruise she has allowed herself to get involved with. There are a lot of crazy people in this world. You never know if one of Clay's unstable crazy fans, and trust me all artists have them, might be on that cruise hoping to get next to Clay through his mother. Or want to do harm to Faye for some perceived entitlement they didn't get from her, or Clay. I really feel she puts herself in jeopardy in participating in things like this. A lot of people might feel a certain sense of entitlement for many reasons. Then go off the deep end if they feel they didn't get what they wanted. None of it is any of my business and as I have said, I have the greatest respect and admiration for Faye. I just wish Clay's people would not allow Faye to get too involved with the fans. It could be a dangerous thing, not only for him, but for her as well. Watching the special yesterday on E, about Celebrites being murdered by fans just reinforces the concern I have had for a long time about this issue.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to OOlsee! Don't be a stranger...Love seeing you posting here! Wow! SUch discussion and discussion and discussion about Clay's falling video clip...thing is, I saw it a couple of days ago and could hardly tell he fell at all---at least from the angle of the videographer...In fact, I was impressed with how fast that man got back up on his feet! So...what's the hubbub, bub?

Haven't watched the climbing back on stage video, but I betcha he drew that move out for comedic affect. He's a ham, ya'll! And besides, maybe he wanted to give us a shot of his stripey boxers... :cryingwlaughter:

Oh and I showed Carrie the cool CONGRATS and GO BLAZE posts and she was actually dumbstruck! She said,

"But they don't even KNOW me."

And I said, "Au contraire, mi hija...your mama has a big mouth and fast typing fingers...."

hee.

Night, all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

First of all congrats to Carrie and THE BLAZE............ :clap:

Hello to OOlsee. Don't be a stranger. I couldn't believe all the fuss about whether or not to show "The Fall" or not. Heck it was already up and people where still arguing if it should be up or not. LOL I guess there will never be an end to the needless Mother Hen Protection some feel Clay still needs at his age. It was nothing. Absolutely nothing. Worrying about the Haters? Are fans still visiting those sites?

Hey guys...whoo hooo. Well we're gearing up for our big road trip. Ansa and CG are both big hits with my family. Ansa brough lumpia over so she did have a nice advantage there. :cryingwlaughter: We're winding down from our nice dinner with YSRN and I'm getting looked at crossways because of our 8 am flight. heee. Anyway, it's so much fun to meet CG and spend time wiht her. We'd only met for a moment before. I think this trip is going to be a blast. I just want to enjoy myself...revel in that wonderful voice..ENJOY the here and the now.

I love my DCAT shirts. They arrived today. I actually got one of the women's "baseball" shirts and it looks great with the credit card to prove it saying. whoo hooo. We'll have a lap top with us so will check in from time to time.

YSRN we'll miss you on this trip. Muski hope to see you somewhere along the way... but GO BLAZE.

Chatting tonight with Claygasm and Ansa about so many things, it really made me appreciate FCA. Ansa is the one that wanted this board and I thought she was crazy. But it's the best thing FCA has done because it's fun and feisty and caring and joyful and it's how I intend my fandom to forever be. ALthough this board has been here for almost 2 years, it really came into it's own only recently and it's becaue of all of you. Every new person adds something good and I really am excited about every delurk. And no, I'm not drunk. heee.

We'll see you on....the other side..... of California. eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am so happy you all will get to see Clay soon. Glad you got your Dcat shirts, Couchie. Everyone have a great time.

Hi everybody!!! Ansa here.....

everyone is asleep so I am sneaking some internet time on couchie's computer. I am havign a balst getting to know CG...we had a great supper with YSRN...I ate like a pig with this humongous plate of baby back ribs while YSRN and CG hadvery sensible personal pizzas.

It really too bad YSRN can;t join us. Looking forward to Muski joining the group. I am glad Carrie and the Blaze are doing so well but I am still keeping my fingers crossed for the Greek,.

I haven;t been on the net since Sunday so I anm terribley behind. Wil catch up later in the hotel.

I am seeing Clay tonight EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

{{{Hugs}}} Will be looking forward to you guys checking in with us tonight or tomorow. Throw Clay a kiss for me.

Karen thanks for all those fabulous pictures of Clay. He has the biggest and brightest smile. It just covers his whole face. I luve him soooooooooo much....... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ldyjocelyn thanks for the reviews etc. That one about the fans flogging the photographer just makes me want to roll my eyes and get all embarrassed for Clay, yet again.

I plan to take my grandson out to lunch today and spend some quality time before school starts. Now I need to go find the rehearsal clack and watch it...............

Edited by Clayzorback

KarenEhCanandaigua.jpg

I think this may be one of the best pictures of Clay I've ever seen. It probably helps that I have extremely fond memories of Canandaigua, and I love that shirt. But what I love most of all is the genuine quality of that smile. God he's pretty.

I am listening to Sterling Heights audio right now....I compiled an audio cd last night of the full concert, taking bits and pieces from different clack gatherers to create it. It makes me smile. :) I am taking it to my concert buddy, heartsocean, at lunch today. She is over the moon fangirly since seeing the concert last week. It's great to see!

I have the utmost respect and admiration for Jerome. I trust him implicitly to protect Clay. He is amazing. I refuse to let myself even think of things that could happen to Clay, I just trust that Jerome will keep him safe.

*waves to 00lsee* Great to see you posting here!

I couldn't believe all the fuss about whether or not to show "The Fall" or not. Heck it was already up and people where still arguing if it should be up or not. LOL I guess there will never be an end to the needless Mother Hen Protection some feel Clay still needs at his age. It was nothing. Absolutely nothing. Worrying about the Haters? Are fans still visiting those sites?

Can someone point me to the best angle of this clip? I watched Scarlett's and maybe one other last night, but I couldn't even tell he fell. He surely doesn't look upset at all, he is smiling and happy and joking through the whole thing, even after he gets back up on stage. So where is the elusive underwear clack?

Hey, Licky! I'm wanting to make an audio version of SH, too. The acoustics there were so good, and overall it was a great concert. Did you rip audio from videos? If so, which ones do you think have the best audio? Or did you use an audio recording of the concert, and break it up into song clips? I want the audio of this concert on my ipod!

KarenEhCanandaigua.jpg

I think this may be one of the best pictures of Clay I've ever seen.

Totally agree with this. I love the way his smile lights up his entire face. laughn said "He's my happy;" that sums it up for me as well.

Can someone point me to the best angle of this clip? I watched Scarlett's and maybe one other last night, but I couldn't even tell he fell. He surely doesn't look upset at all, he is smiling and happy and joking through the whole thing, even after he gets back up on stage. So where is the elusive underwear clack?

There are only two pieces of "the fall" that I've seen, the one you've mentioned plus one from clayheave. Her's really gives the "better view" as it were, although you can't see the actual fall in it either. But, you see Clay popping back up from the crowd. The way he joked about it almost immediately afterward gave me enough of a clue to decide that this was OK to watch. He's so good at making light of his foibles.

Don't forget -- KOST interview in a half hour or so. KOST stream.

Hey, Licky! I'm wanting to make an audio version of SH, too. The acoustics there were so good, and overall it was a great concert. Did you rip audio from videos? If so, which ones do you think have the best audio? Or did you use an audio recording of the concert, and break it up into song clips? I want the audio of this concert on my ipod!

I ended up using mostly audio from huskerfalcon's clips, because to my ears, they were the best quality. There are a few bits and pieces missing, though, so I filled those in with dlh7777's audio. It is a bit quieter, but it does in a pinch. *g* All the audio was already ripped an in the various vaults.

It's too bad that there doesn't seem to be any full audio from this venue, but there is pretty much complete audio if you piece it all together. I can PM you the list of files I used, and in what order, if you like.

ETA: Well, shit. Either my work filters are blocking the KOST site or it's because I live in Canada (I get a message telling me I don't live in the USA) or both. So recaps will be much appreciated. ;)

Edited by lickiest1

Well, that was....short. I took off my headphones when they said that they were waiting for Clay to call. 2 minutes later I put them back on and they were almost done with him.

The only thing I heard was them talking about Idol (so what else is new?). There's something going about Simon trying to get a movie version of Pop Idol off the ground (???), and so they asked him if he thought it would be a good movie. He wasn't sure. They asked him if he wanted to be a part of this movie, with "all the drama." He was adamant -- NO DRAMA FOR HIM. *g* They mentioned ATDW, the concert, and that there would be silent auction stuff at the Greek show on Saturday. I heard the DJ's mention later that they had a bad cell phone connection with Clay. But still....bummer.

Reports from the CB:

He's calling now from San Diego!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And going to be doing a benefit in San Diego....

Quote:

Talking about benefitting the items for the park.

DJ upset that Clay lost. She voted for him.

She just asked "what color is your hair today?" --- how cute!!!!

Bad phone connection -- so much for iPhone!!!!

Now he's talking about the concerts and what he's singing, etc.

Sounds like he is stifling a lot of yawns...way before his usual wake-up time-lol!

Kim is talking about American Idol (good LORD!) and he's actually answering her questions....sheesh - are these people serious???!!!!!! And now she's talking about careers of the non-winners of the show.......(he sounds SLEEPY!!!!!)

Me thinks Clay just woke up!!!!

"They think i'm alot cooler than i am!" He thinks his hair is brown colored today......the connection is bad.

Talked about ATDW....songs from the past 20 years...people used to dance to at their proms...with the full orchestra "it sounds so cool"

HE'S YAWNING!!!!!!!!!!!

Now's she talking about Simon Cowell making a movie.....Clay is saying "Simon is really creative, he's not someone who puts out something that is crap!"

"Oh Lord, no drama for me!"

The BEST part for Clay becoming rich and famous? Just being able to do things he's wanted to do all his life - singing at World Series (yawning again!) and things continue to be "topped" for him.........

"Well, thank ya - thank ya much!!!!!!!!"

Unfortunately, same old, same old. *sigh*

Well, shoot I missed the interview. Getting ready for my lunch date. Doesn't sound like I missed much. Clay stays up all night and sleeps all day. Hee

I watched the Chautauqua rehearsals. How cute. It was soooooo sexy watching him work. The only thing that could of made it sexier, for me, is if he would of been wearing those sunglasses he had on top of his head. :Thud:

lickiest1 I saw the same clips ldyjocelyn saw. You don't really see him fall or trying to get upon the stage that much. Of course I don't know what is in Scarlett's video as I can't watch it..

Edited by Clayzorback

Well, it FEELS like 5:37, but it's not. :)

Have a great time, artquest!

It was kind of a nice 4 days off, but I'm ready for s'more, please.

:Tour3:

clayzor, you can't even watch the .wmv's of Scarlett's? Or is it just the avi's you have problems with?

Well, it FEELS like 5:37, but it's not. :)

Have a great time, artquest!

It was kind of a nice 4 days off, but I'm ready for s'more, please.

:Tour3:

clayzor, you can't even watch the .wmv's of Scarlett's? Or is it just the avi's you have problems with?

I can watch regular wmv I just can't watch those x-videos she does. I didn't realize she has done video's in regular wmv. I will have to go check it out thanks YSRN.

EeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....Thanks ldyjocelyn and Ysrn.

I haven't been even clicking on Scarletts's name because I thought she only did them in x-vid, so I have been missing hers. I found them ........ :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by Clayzorback

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: to Scarlett and Solo!

The Scarlett clack of Newark is outstanding. Even though I wasn't at that show, I feel like I was, you know? Fantastic stuff.

Those who didn't like the Frisco show, put your fingers in your ears and sing "la la la" for a bit, OK?

Scarlett and Solo have put up the Classics medley from that show. What a hoot! I really think he did a fantastic job singing LAV. It's also pretty funny to revisit that show after all the revisions/changes/dancing additions to the show now. Finally, I think what's really cool about this clip is the reactions of the crowd -- the laughter and joy and "OMG, that's Usher," etc. Amazement, in a good way, IMO.

I can watch regular wmv I just can't watch those x-videos she does. I didn't realize she has done video's in regular wmv. I will have to go check it out thanks YSRN.

EeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....Thanks ldyjocelyn and Ysrn.

I haven't been even clicking on Scarletts's name because I thought she only did them in x-vid, so I have been missing hers. I found them ........ :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yay...you're welcome.

Yeah, every piece of clack is rendered in multiple versions so that everyone can use them. Even dialuppers have a smaller .wmv file available. That's part of why the Evas and other vaultkeepers are so awesome... there are tools that do the conversions, but it takes time to run them. Check the clack alerts, they always show the original format as well as large.wmv and small.wmv... lately we also often get .mp4 (ipod versions), and sometimes the audio is extracted in a seperate file too.

Clackers rock!

Well - I got a reprieve - the internet and cable tv came back after a few hours, and I stayed up way too late watching newly-downloaded clack that I missed from last week! So now I'm falling asleep at my desk!

LOVE THAT MAN!

K'eh, your pix are fabulous as always, and I am in the mood to make some more wallpaper!

I need to borrow this from muski too:

WOOT!

:laola0: :ura: :ole0::manynanas: :nana:

Listened to part of the interview this morning, did anyone rip it?

theater.giftheater.giftheater.gif

It's already been vaulted. If you don't have a key you can download it from Clack Unlimited here:

KOST 103.5 Radio Interview

Wheeeeee! I can't wait to get home and download Scarlett's version of the Frisco classics! The keyless can also find it here:

Scarlett's Frisco Classics

Edited by lickiest1

The Newark Concert recap:

I’m working on that timeliness thing. Really.

OK, so we go into this gorgeous venue with a few thousand of our closest friends – and I head for my fourth row seat on the left side of the stage. I’ve got a lady simply vibrating with excitement to my left, a concert virgin to my right (who managed to convince her husband that they just happened to need to visit NYC from Nebraska this weekend. Just ‘cause. She was good, as her husband was nowhere to be seen.), and I think Butterflyshine from the OFC in front of me. I couldn’t see the top of Scarlett’s head so I knew she was in position, and Solo had run off to get closer on the right side of the stage. FYI: if you wish to become auxiliary members of the eHP, remember that we will ditch you for better tickets. Quick. We will find you afterward and tell you how wonderful it was. We always find you afterward. Security didn’t search us before we came in (silly Security) but they announced “blah, blah, blah, blah”. Jesse and Sean came, the audience began screaming and as always, optimistically looking around like Clay is just gonna pop up out from the floor or something. The screams pick up volume as Quiana and Angela stride out, the orchestra hits the opening notes of “Here You Come Again” and we can hear Clay but can’t see him. Then there he is, grinning at us like he has all the time in the world. He’s sounding good tonight – and looking tasty too! Hitting the highlights – he stayed for Quiana’s “When the Lights Go Down” because I think some of his audience have a bad habit of using the girls’ solo as an excuse to lose interest. And he is so delightfully controlling. He reached over to his abandoned mike and angled it toward Jesse to his satisfaction – I have no idea what it did, but I have every faith it was good. It looked very musician-like. I think this version of the “Classics” have been the best I’ve heard so far. The hop (and yeah, this was just a hop) off stage – I had no idea he fell until after the concert – as far as I could tell, he just disappeared for a second and popped right back up (the sign of a dude who falls down a lot, IMO). He worked the fans on the aisle (I swear, he always seems to head straight for someone who doesn’t have a clue to the lyrics), tried to draft Jerome (which was hilarious – the expression on Jerome face, Clay semi-chasing Jerome down, and finally giving up, Jerome smirking at Clay), Clay faking he couldn’t get back up on stage (yes, we could have renamed him “Bacon” he was hamming it up so much) – gesturing for Angela to pull him and him pulling back, leaning over the stage (which was a little lower than waist high on him), throwing first one long ol’ leg up then the other and then rolling on the stage, while Jerome happily kept anyone from “helping” him up with a grope on the ass. I was on the wrong side to see underwear. However, I was on the right side to watch him play up for the camera. Lord, I just love camera-whore Clay! On the comments about good songs making it on radio when someone pays – I frankly thought he was snarking on the label dudes (or dudettes) just like he snarks on everyone else in the entire world. And he was snarking on the fans. Especially on the fans. Because he knows the reaction he gets when he says stuff like that. I don’t think he was any more or less serious with that than anything else. It’s not like he just discovered the fact of “payola”. I think him going on his knees during “1999” was more snark on his falling and on Prince’s height. Clay likes being naughty. I like naughty, camp-it-up Clay. Angela was a little nasally on “Listen”. Though my favorite part was when someone hollered out “I love you!”, Clay quietly thanked them – which apparently they didn’t hear because they repeated even louder, “I said I love you” with a clear subtext of ‘you ungrateful bastard’ and Clay responded, “I said Thank you” with an even clearer subtext of ‘you bitch’. Clay and his fandom. Speaking of his fandom, lord, I so totally dislike the glowing windshield wipers of ‘love’. Why do they work my last frazzled nerve? Let me count the ways. 85% of the people with them couldn’t keep time if you beat out “2/4” on the top of their heads. So you get this random, spotty, disjointed, seizure inducing kaleidoscope. Oddly enough, I would rather see Clay instead of a variety of randomly toned arms waving in front of me. I find the whole notion so very contrived – it takes all the insincerity of a cheap Valentine and makes it glow in the dark. They definitely add nothing to the performance and detract a lot. And I don’t even think it’s pretty.

After the concert, Scarlett, in order to show up Clay (because Scarlett rolls like that) hopped up on the stage. No scrambling. In a full length dress. In heels. High heels. And being more than a foot shorter than Clay. We dragged her down before security could get to us, but by that time they were just rolling their eyes at us. We eventually wandered outside and eyed the busline. Many of us, having touched Clay previously, said “Fuck that” and sat our asses downs. Others got in a line that looked like it was frickin’ half a mile long. Some of us eventually wandered back to Penn Station (the one in New Jersey, not the one in New York – this is for PerusingOne) looking for dessert. One of the reasons the eHP functions so smoothly is that we consume dessert whenever possible. And Mickey D’s craptastic selection was enough to satisfy of lust for that night. Even the lactose intolerant one. Who ate a big honking McFlurry anyhow. We have issues. I had apple pies so unlike those other heifers, I got my daily serving of fruit. We hop the train and end up back at our hotel, some of us watch some clack while others are freakin’ lucky to make it to the bed since we have been up for the last 48 hours. We decide to do the New York thing like we usually do, being that the train was right there and Lord knows we had hours until our flight.

We actually all wake up before ten and are out of the room before noon. This, for us, is a miracle on the level of parting the Red Sea, Charlton Heston-style. We throw everything in the car (having waited for a couple of eternities for them to bringing it around front – just to make them take it back when we put our stuff in it). By this time, we are all whining at each other that we are hungry, and one of us Scarlett insists on a 6-block walking limits before we find food. And she wants a steak. But she never says she wants a steak – she just keeps asking us if we want steak. In the Irish pub we went to last time. We keep telling here there are no guys in the group and she cannot convince us that what she wants is our idea. She always gets what she wants anyway, we just know we are just giving in. And we had a bottle of ice wine that had traveled throughout the eastern United States that we were gonna drink come hell or high water. And since we already did the Irish pub, the rest of us wanted to do a different restaurant. Because I think NYC has a couple of restaurants. Maybe. So we crawl out of the subway station into a freakin’ waterfall of rain. We sigh, ignore the entrepreneur who just happened to have overpriced umbrellas, watch Scarlett put on a hat and a poncho (because she doesn’t plan on getting wet for us. We head for what looks like a nice restaurant, Rick’s, but as we get closer, it seems that Rick’s is more a clothing optional place. Since we are only occasionally into optional clothing, we kept going until we found an English pub. They wouldn’t open the ice wine for us, but we ate lots of English food anyway. Just for merrieeee, who is off eating English English food. Like in England. Somehow, between our leaving the table and the front door, Scarlett frickin’ disappears. We don’t have a clue as to where she is. We look under tables, in the bathroom, on the ceiling…we have her phone so can’t call her. Eventually she pops up, and starts explaining about ghosts, orange clothes, and her standing outside an empty stall for 20 minutes – all with this look of wide-eyed innocence. We are not surprised because crap like this always happens to Scarlett. With no witnesses. We wander back out in the rain, ducking from overhang to overhang, having decided out best best on getting someone to open our wine is a fancy hotel. Having become tired of being wet in about a block, I jump in the first nice restaurant I see, corral a waiter, ask him, “would you open this for us?”. He looks at the wine, and looks at me, and sez, “Yep”. I holler for the rest of eHP, we troop in and get a table. Since we are getting the wine open, we decide to have dessert. Since we decided to have dessert, we felt the need for macaroni and cheese, which they had. Man, it was good. We ate the mac & cheese, the flat bread, the desserts and drank up all the wine. Yes, we had just left the other restaurant less than 10 minutes ago. This is a Clay trip. We have special dietary dispensations from our cult leader. Really. They came in the super secret fan club packet.

Being that we never actually left a one block radius of the train station, we walked across the street and took the train back to Jersey, got in the car, and someone (Scarlett) insisted that we had to go see the water. Damien just threw up his imaginary hands and quit and we made Scarlett navigator, because we like to live dangerously. Scarlett, having successfully forced us to do things her way, then happily went wandering along the water. We eventually decide to head to the airport, but considering they were already delaying flights, we weren’t in an actual rush. Which was good, considering my flight, that was supposed to leave at 7:20, actually left at 11:40. Scarlett’s flight, that was supposed to leave at 8:10, actually left before mine at 10:10a. Solo beat us all home, I think. It is not a good thing to leave me in a airport with time to kill and a credit card. I am now the proud owner of an iGallop. From the Brookstone store. They let us ride it. Scarlett is already very fond of it. Very, very fond of it. This is the commercial for it from Asia.

Mmmm…I was tired! It was on sale! It matches my living room décor! Yes, that’s the ticket…it matches my living room.

Though my favorite part was when someone hollered out “I love you!”, Clay quietly thanked them – which apparently they didn’t hear because they repeated even louder, “I said I love you” with a clear subtext of ‘you ungrateful bastard’ and Clay responded, “I said Thank you” with an even clearer subtext of ‘you bitch’. Clay and his fandom.

Hee! I think it's in the union rules or something that Clay has to have at least one shouted exchange with an audience member somewhere in the far reaches of the venue for each show. And of course, the dude can't hear anything, so Angela / Quiana / Jesse / an oh-so-helpful front rower / etc. always has to translate for him.

Though my favorite part was when someone hollered out “I love you!”, Clay quietly thanked them – which apparently they didn’t hear because they repeated even louder, “I said I love you” with a clear subtext of ‘you ungrateful bastard’ and Clay responded, “I said Thank you” with an even clearer subtext of ‘you bitch’. Clay and his fandom.

Hee! I think it's in the union rules or something that Clay has to have at least one shouted exchange with an audience member somewhere in the far reaches of the venue for each show. And of course, the dude can't hear anything, so Angela / Quiana / Jesse / an oh-so-helpful front rower / etc. always has to translate for him.

It's not a union rule -- it's a plant. Clay told us this. Clay brings this same person to every show and has them shout something unintelligible to him from the rafters.

Reference: both Scarlett's and bigappleforclay's clack of the Newark show. The bigappleforclay clip is the one called "funny faces" -- ie., the one where my avi is from.

KAndre, I'm so loving your entire recap. Someday, though -- I'd love to hear Scarlett's side of these tales. Just for comparison sake, you know.

I'm sure Scarlett (who will be trapped with in a very small car for the next three days) will agree to the complete and utter truth of everything I say! (I also still have the iGallop, chick).

I think I will declare the iGallop the official exercise machine of the eHP.

ETA: Suuuuure. The next Houston party the eHP decides to throw - an iGallop (or reasonable fascimile therefore) will be in each bag!