#14 We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!"

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• I'm easy....I will take Clay any way he wants to give it to me!
    • Clay's instrument is full and especially soul-piercing the deeper it goes.
    • LOOKING FOR WALDO
    • Cut The Crap And Show Us Your Willy
    • [He's] a top quality human being
    • Clay Aiken: You are a Man of Character
    • Clay Aiken... bringing brainy back!!!
    • the Earl of Aikenberry: a man of character and Naughty by Nature
    • We were all up on him screaming "Yeah! Yeah!" (redux)

Maybe this will help...here's a pretty posted by karebear at GCA...I kinda like it.

(if it's already made the rounds here, that's ok...I'll just stare at it a little longer myself. hee)

th_ClayAiken-Houston-7-6-07-u.jpg

Is that a fold?

Yes, I'm shallow.

Couchie I personally don't think Clay would be accepted as a soul singer. He just doesn't have the image or the credibility. If he were to make it in that genre it would take a long time and a lot of 'image consulting'. Just my opinion. But damn, I wish he would. I love green-eyed soul almost as much as I love bombastic glory notes.

Edited by Bookwhore

Couch Tomato

Anybody else feeling good about the rest of the year and next. I know there are a lot of unknowns but I guess I'm optimistic that things are going the right way.

Yes, I do, and it feels good, real good!

Being a fan of Clay's has not always been easy as most of us know, especially this past year. But, we stay the course.

Then there are those moments in time when being a fan turns uplifting, joyful and just plain fun, just like what you are talking about Couchie. ... :allgood:

Edited by beenthinking

Maybe this will help...here's a pretty posted by karebear at GCA...I kinda like it.

(if it's already made the rounds here, that's ok...I'll just stare at it a little longer myself. hee)

damn.

Is that a fold?

Good God. It would almost have to be folded, wouldn't it??

*dies*

And once again, Couchie, I'm sitting here nodding my head as I read your post. As much as I'd like to think the entertainment world could go back to the days when someone like Clay would rule the world - I just don't ever see it happening. And I have never believed that Clay wants to be a huge superstar. He's a smart man, and I don't think for a minute he doesn't know that there are many, many things he could have done to cash in following AI if he had chosen to. With MOAM and even with ATDW, there are things he could have done, RCA nothwithstanding, if he chosen to. (I'm thinking music videos and playing the game with radio, etc) I believe, and always will, that Clay will have exactly the career he wants, for as long as he wants to have it. And I'm not just okay with that, I love him even more for it. Just please, please keep singing Clay!

Can I get an AMEN! Clay is no one's victim, much as some in the fandom would like to portray him as such; he is a very smart man who knows himself better than anyone and what he is capable of and what he wants out of his career and how to get it.

Kim

Couchie looked great at Fifth Grader, sitting on the far side of the set from me and waving her sign like crazy. Also good times.

crap! I'm gonna be on tv aren't I. :scream:

eeek top of the page how lovely..posthoing from work - never a good thing.

But here's the question. Would Clay Aiken be accepted as a soul singer or would have he have to work up to that. I'd love to see him get some high profile duet gigs singing some old school soul. He'd shock the house.

I'm afraid that instead of getting the Manilow Jr. tag, if Clay sang soul, he'd get the unflattering Michael Bolton comparisons.

But what do I know, I've spent my Friday evening so far doing laundry and chopping up Clay's face.

It's sad, so sad.

SnowflakeCrop3.jpg

Couchie looked great at Fifth Grader, sitting on the far side of the set from me and waving her sign like crazy. Also good times.

Hee! Just realizing that now, are ya?

You know, for a long time, my siggie on the Clayboard has been a Mark Twain quote:

We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter.

This is mostly how I feel about Clay and my fandom now. I don't want to know about the mechanics. I don't want to know the about the man behind the curtain. I just want to love and enjoy whatever the man chooses to offer me. (down, smutters!) Sing for me, tour for me, show your pretty, pretty face on tv for me. Make me laugh and swoon and tingle all over with that incredible voice. I don't need to know about the storms and the sun and the perfect angles that need to come together to provide it. I just want to appreciate the beauty of it.

Edited by cindilu2

I love ya merrieeee, so I'll just post a text link. :-}

(If anybody would like the poster size file of that, let me know ;-0)

GASP! :DoClay:

couchie, I am SOOOO on board with your post. I really believe that Clay has his career, and his life under control right now. He doesn't just 'look' happy, he exudes the aura of someone who is not just okay, but someone who is coming into his own.

I like that!!

And yet I have learned to temper my expectations..but I think that's a good thing. The "he's going to change the music industry" mantra ... eeek ... I never believed that. And I don't know a single singer who's fortunes has only risen. There have been bumps in the road for even the biggest stars. I also am not sure if THIS is the album that will tell us ultimately where he's going. But that's ok...I'm here for the journey. Always have been. It's REALLY quite fascinating...doncha think?

ETA: it's my fifth grader hang over.... heee... bear with me :cryingwlaughter:

Laughn - yes I love that green eyed soul. Wonder how he feels about it. Is it something he feels excited about or something he experiments with on the tour because he has soulful back ups. I loved the duets during NAT and how he would bring the house down with him. And I hear that same knock me out style in Good News (shuddup hee) towards then end when he does "oh you bring me, good news."

But here's the question. Would Clay Aiken be accepted as a soul singer or would have he have to work up to that. I'd love to see him get some high profile duet gigs singing some old school soul. He'd shock the house.

THIS PART WAS SUPOSSED TO BE BETWEEN THE QUOTE BOXES!

Couchie - I am looking forward to the fall, shows, Christmas tour, the whole nine yards. I'm gonna lurve the new album, I think he will mix it up and not have all love songs, or all slooooooow songs, and like that.

I've bolded the key phrase above: Will he be accepted??? I'm just going to wait and see, but I do believe he is going places not even we can imagine!! :lilredani:

TO HERE

bottle - are you making a puzzle??? :cryingwlaughter:

It's getting more and more absurd.

SnowflakeCrop2.jpg

It's sad, so sad.

SnowflakeCrop3.jpg

It's getting more and more absurd.

SnowflakeCrop2.jpg

ME ME!! I'd like the poster-sized file PLEASE?

I just want to go on record as a lurver of the hair!!!!

BTW - if this is all messed up - please somebody fix it!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I tried to fix it and now I am giving up!

Edited by cha cha trusty

I'd love to see him get some high profile duet gigs singing some old school soul. He'd shock the house.

WORD! WORD! WORD! Yes! That's what I keep thinking....get him on tv singing along with some good stuff with a big name who can bring the soul, too, and shock the SHIT out of everybody when he shows up keeps up with him/her!

woot!

And WTF? FOLD? You KIDdin' me? I was there in Houston and noticed his lovely, poochy zipper area all night...yes, I did. :hubbahubba: .. Ain't no fold, sister....nope...nope....It's all Clay, Large and in Charge...no matter what angle you take a picture from, it's there....

and in the famous words of EdithAnn (from LaughIn)

ppppffffllllltttt! :medium-smiley-070:

Well, shit. Oh happy day!!! Is that three times in the past 48 hours for me?

BWAHHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh booger balls!!

That cracks me up for some reason. :cryingwlaughter: We need an emotie of that!!

Anybody else feeling good about the rest of the year and next. I know there are a lot of unknowns but I guess I'm optimistic that things are going the right way. And the calendar is full enough that at least this year will keep the clack flowing. There's the Sedaka tribute, Fifth Grader airing, taping of the ice show, the tour. I'm hopeful that the meet and greet format will remain the same and by the time the concert rolls around he'll be able to again release a bit of the "tension" that I'm sure will build up by end of

November. :cryingwlaughter: God I loved that format. It just took away so many of the degrees of separation from the info, if you know what I mean.

I'm not putting any hope into an early 08 album release but perhaps by fall we'll have new music by Clay. I can't wait to see what HE would choose for himself. He put his heart and soul into ATDW and I think he has learned so much on the production end with All is Well an ATDW and just the process of that and having all these years in the business--it will be interesting to see the end result. And I'll be the first to say that while I have an idea of what a Clay CD will sound like. I could be dead wrong. I hope he goes where his heart takes him and just has good songs...songs he won't get tired of singing in a few months :cryingwlaughter: Songs where he doesn't think the lyrics are cheesy and as someone said someplace..just one classic that people will forever remember.

Good stuff, good stuff.

couchie, I am SOOOO on board with your post. I really believe that Clay has his career, and his life under control right now. He doesn't just 'look' happy, he exudes the aura of someone who is not just okay, but someone who is coming into his own.

I like that!!

And yet I have learned to temper my expectations..but I think that's a good thing. The "he's going to change the music industry" mantra ... eeek ... I never believed that. And I don't know a single singer who's fortunes has only risen. There have been bumps in the road for even the biggest stars. I also am not sure if THIS is the album that will tell us ultimately where he's going. But that's ok...I'm here for the journey. Always have been. It's REALLY quite fascinating...doncha think?

ETA: it's my fifth grader hang over.... heee... bear with me :cryingwlaughter:

Laughn - yes I love that green eyed soul. Wonder how he feels about it. Is it something he feels excited about or something he experiments with on the tour because he has soulful back ups. I loved the duets during NAT and how he would bring the house down with him. And I hear that same knock me out style in Good News (shuddup hee) towards then end when he does "oh you bring me, good news."

More good stuff. You're on a roll today. Oh how I wish he would be accepted singing soul--like 50's, 60's soul--it would be so, so fine.

And once again, Couchie, I'm sitting here nodding my head as I read your post. As much as I'd like to think the entertainment world could go back to the days when someone like Clay would rule the world - I just don't ever see it happening. And I have never believed that Clay wants to be a huge superstar. He's a smart man, and I don't think for a minute he doesn't know that there are many, many things he could have done to cash in following AI if he had chosen to. With MOAM and even with ATDW, there are things he could have done, RCA nothwithstanding, if he chosen to. (I'm thinking music videos and playing the game with radio, etc) I believe, and always will, that Clay will have exactly the career he wants, for as long as he wants to have it. And I'm not just okay with that, I love him even more for it. Just please, please keep singing Clay!

I love him even more for it too. Such wisdom for such a young man. I'm sure he's turned down many opportunities, and he doesn't play the Hollywood games. This makes me very happy, because he's avoided some of the pitfalls of being a star. Others have caught up to him anyway, but it must be so much more tolerable to deal with when he's home and surrounded by people who care.

Hee! Just realizing that now, are ya?

You know, for a long time, my siggie on the Clayboard has been a Mark Twain quote:

We have not the reverent feeling for the rainbow that a savage has, because we know how it is made. We have lost as much as we gained by prying into that matter.

This is mostly how I feel about Clay and my fandom now. I don't want to know about the mechanics. I don't want to know the about the man behind the curtain. I just want to love and enjoy whatever the man chooses to offer me. (down, smutters!) Sing for me, tour for me, show your pretty, pretty face on tv for me. Make me laugh and swoon and tingle all over with that incredible voice. I don't need to know about the storms and the sun and the perfect angles that need to come together to provide it. I just want to appreciate the beauty of it.

Cindilu, you're on a roll today too! Good stuff, fun to come home to some of that good ol' FCA optimism, fun, and laughter. MUAH. :RedGuy:

I'm immortalized on the GMA BFM looking like an idiot--had no thought at the time that I would be on TV. Oh well--them's the breaks. It was amazing being so close that day--he was so, so gorgeous and so happy.

So this'll probably sound weird to the newbies, and you can check out family matters if curiosity gets to you, but I just want to say, YAY, my mother took a bath voluntarily today. Hooray!!!! I'm totally beat. Decided to tackle a nasty cleaning chore because I couldn't stand it anymore, and it was hot, hot, hot as usual, but the bath thing was a happy, happy end to the day.

And now I'm home and among friends. Doesn't get much better than that. :wub:

How about a duet with Whitney? Mutually beneficial??

I'm afraid that instead of getting the Manilow Jr. tag, if Clay sang soul, he'd get the unflattering Michael Bolton comparisons.

Yeah, bottlecap...I've wondered about the Bolton curse myself. Not that Michael didn't sound lovely...he did...but musically, he was a one trick pony. Clay is so much more than that.

And I agree with muskie in the post below too. I'd love for Clay to do musically with this CD what the AI5 appearance did for him visually.

Speaking of visuals....head down to the bottom of muski's post and I'll meet you there, k?

I'd love to see him get some high profile duet gigs singing some old school soul. He'd shock the house.

WORD! WORD! WORD! Yes! That's what I keep thinking....get him on tv singing along with some good stuff with a big name who can bring the soul, too, and shock the SHIT out of everybody when he shows up keeps up with him/her!

woot!

And WTF? FOLD? You KIDdin' me? I was there in Houston and noticed his lovely, poochy zipper area all night...yes, I did. :hubbahubba: .. Ain't no fold, sister....nope...nope....It's all Clay, Large and in Charge...no matter what angle you take a picture from, it's there....

First of all, for a minute, I thought you were quoting me... :cryingwlaughter:

...but speaking about that photo from Houston, not meaning any disrespect to your obviously impeccably honed skills, :F_05BL17blowkiss: but I didn't even notice the dang fold till someone mentioned it. Dear Lord, I am sad. I loved that shot for the light and dark/shadows effect and all that artsy crap. Take pity on me. :lmaosmiley-1:

Which reminds me, Snakes On A Plane, is on HBO right now. Guess I'll go watch.

Anybody else feeling good about the rest of the year and next.

You know, I really don't have any expectations beyond what we know will be happening. I'm excited about the upcoming appearances and tour, and am looking forward to whatever music Clay will serve up in his next CD, whenever it happens. I long ago gave up the hope that Clay would produce music that matches my preferences, and why should he? And it doesn't matter. I end up enjoying it anyway. Like cindylu, I just want him to keep singing. And I hope he enjoys it.

Edited by duckyvee

I'm not sure what kind of direction Clay will be going with the music for the new CD, but I can say that I was one of the lucky M&G'ers in Canandaigua, where Clay played us a bit of one of the songs they were considering. Now, the sound on his iPhone was not great, and he warned us that it wouldn't turn up that loud, (I told him he could pass it around to each of us so we could all get a listen, and he shut me down pretty quick with a "nobody touches my iPhone!" LOL!). I couldn't even begin to tell you right now what any of the lyrics were, and it wasn't so much that it sounded "upbeat", or even "uptempo"- but the word that sprang to mind for me was "contemporary". I can't even put into words why I had this impression- I guess it had kind of a "stripped down" (takes a moment.....) feel to it.

It's hard to imagine what kind of sound they'll be going for this time around, but Clay was very adamant in our M&G that he would hold out this time for what he wanted, no matter how long it takes. My most fervent hope is that he can find some outstanding lyricists, who can give him songs with meaning and depth. And I'd LOVE to see some more of the green-eyed soul-with his rich voice, he just excels at it.

Casting my vote EMPHATICALLY for snowflake hair, and that picture that cindilu posted is one of my all time favorites! Love, love love everything about it! :wub:

Also just wanted to say that while I will most likely remain a lurker, I have truly enjoyed everything about this board since finding it a week ago. Love the pictures, love the smut, love the fun atmosphere- LOVE! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Thanks everyone!

Seriously, I was doing something for another project and had to make a picture. One from Indio.....why does this all of a sudden seem so long ago?

189882981-L.jpg

Long, long ago! I just wanted to see this again - beautiful!

I long ago gave up the hope that Clay would produce music that matches my preferences, and why should he? And it doesn't matter. I end up enjoying it anyway.

Ducky after spending a few hours listening to one of the CDs you burned me, this just cracks me up! It would be angst-y, dark Clay! I know the feeling; I don't listen to anything else remotely like Clay - well, there isn't anyone remotely close anyway!

~

A fold! :cryingwlaughter: I don't think so!

~

ETA: I figured out the quote thingy - I feel so giddy technologically competent now.

:xmas07a:

Edited by saltwaterdog

Also just wanted to say that while I will most likely remain a lurker, I have truly enjoyed everything about this board since finding it a week ago. Love the pictures, love the smut, love the fun atmosphere- LOVE! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Thanks everyone!

A lurker? A year and a half ago if you had 11 posts in a week you probably would have been a.... a mod. :cryingwlaughter:

Don't be a stranger.

I long ago gave up the hope that Clay would produce music that matches my preferences, and why should he? And it doesn't matter. I end up enjoying it anyway.

Ducky after spending a few hours listening to one of the CDs you burned me, this just cracks me up! It would be angst-y, dark Clay! I know the feeling; I don't listen to anything else remotely like Clay - well, there isn't anyone remotely close anyway!

So, like, a Aiken / Reznor collaboration would be up your alley? [Maybe without all the death and destruction and apocalyptic imagery and whatnot. B) ]

th_LibraryCrop.jpgth_Reznor.jpg

I love ya merrieeee, so I'll just post a text link. :-}

(If anybody would like the poster size file of that, let me know ;-0)

Me too, me too!! **waves hand frantically in the air**

Uh huh.....the very first thing I noticed when he took the stage that night. And......I am ashamed to say this.....but that's not what I usually notice.....um....first. How weird and rhetorical is that? But that night, in Houston, he had me wondering if perhaps his socks and his undies had gotten all rolled up into a ball in his suitcase. I did check his ankles later and confirmed that this was a packing issue of a different sort.

couchie, I'm another one on the same page as you in regards to the upcoming months. I am really excited about what's coming before the new year, the things we know about already. I've no doubt there will be good things happening in 2008. It's funny but I am so much more relaxed now as a fan than I ever was in the past.....not that I was ever all that neurotic, BUT I'm almost zen-like at the moment. I'm not even getting ticket stressed or travel stressed or nothing. Could be a case of afterglow endorphins still lingering in my brain......could be pixie dust.

Who mentioned "deportation"? Nice way to send shivers down the spine of someone whose visa expires in 48 hours. :scream: I'm sitting up here in Canada waiting until my husband brings me the paperwork that will get me back into the US. At least this year I didn't overstay....last year I went to GMA on September 19th not even thinking that I was supposed to be out of the country before September 2nd. OOPS!!! I got a nice little reprimand at the border, upon reentry, for that misstep. From now on, I'll be good. :RedGuy:

Last of the lost from Canandaigua up in my smugmug last week but never did get around to linking them. It’s a nice rainy day here and I’ve just come back from Tim’s with a large single milk and some time to kill, so I guess it’s a good time to do something productive. Crap, I can’t recall where I left off…..if I repeat myself; you’re not going to remember anyway. I hope.

Sexy Back

Crooky Smile

Saying Good Night

More Sexy Back

Eyelashes vs. Lips

Lips

A Smile for the Cellist

Wishes Karen Eh? Was A Cellist.

Almost As Silly As KarenEh?

Simple Black and White

Measure of a Man

The whole thing is here. Time for me to move on to another one, eh?

You are such an artist. You've captured some moments and expressions that are truly unique. Thank you!!

Bottlecap, I forgot to say you totally cracked me up with your posting of pieces of the snowflake picture today--funny stuff--including the caption. Lot of funny stuff today, not to mention lots and lots of gorgeous photos. And optimism--did I mention optimism? MUAH. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by jmh123

See bottle it didn't hurt to post one of my favourite pics of all time, the library one. Thank you....all is forgiven! So am I to deduce from your creative cropping of Clay that he must indeed be the sum of his parts...and what parts?

Laughn, I love that pic of THE profile!

I'm much more optimistic when there's another tour scheduled! Clay was just so "in charge" this last tour - really owned it - that I can envision him getting the chance to do what he wants with the upcoming CD. I'll keep hoping for early 2008, though, just so we can get a summer tour next year!

~

Snowflake hair - what hair - it's hard to get beyond the Snowflake look, that face, those eyes!!

~

:xmas07a:

Edited by saltwaterdog