#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

I don't have kids. My Clay tours are my kids and I can't choose between them. :cryingwlaughter:

If I list my top ten concert experiences..I'd probably only have one from IT but that doesn't mean it's my least favorite tour. So exciting for him to be out on the road, that entrance, WDC, the acoustic set - it was just fab. Sacramento IT was finally kicked out of my top favorite concerts ever by JBT AC 08/31. I remember being so amazed because he made this huge leap from idol to the AI2 and then to IT.

The NAT..that was one long hot beautiful summer. I made 2 cross country treks to see him 7 times. I was just a leeetle enthusiastic. My favorites were Greenville, and the Raliegh shows. In Raleigh, if you combine the evening and the afternoon, he was almost as devilish as he was at the Sacramento IT. I guess I love devilish, sarcastic Clay the most. When he asked what out of towners were stealing tickets from the locals I proudly raised my hand. Hysterical. And I'd do it again Clay in a hot minute.

JNT04 - Probably his most serious concert -- but there was just enough banter for me. This one was about the music. I thought the opening song was beautiful. Good News was beautifully produced and delivered. El Cajon is in my top 3 or 4.

JBT - just fun. absolute 3 hours of joy. Nothing more to say.

JNT05 - Nashville was my favorite. Atlanta was amazing to see him overcome the absence of his star. I was just amazed by them all that night. I loved that he took a risk. Without risks you can't grow. And I just thought it had some amazing touches. Did I miss the banter? Yes but other things made up for that to me. I was just proud of him for this tour. The final show of that tour..plus the one in Raleigh (is that where he sang star of bethlehem) ..I was practically boo hooing at my computer and I've never done that in person.

JNT06 :cry4: I didn't go to any. A mistake I won't repeat. But you know what...for the first time I depended solely on clack and it felt like I was there. I admired his strength for getting through that one although not well through parts of it.

DCAT -- loved it.. both his voice and personality on display. ATDW is special to me for many reasons and just hearing him sings these songs live was a great experience.

Nope don't think I could choose.

ETA..Had to edit cuz I'm mixing up all my children..heh...

Idyj

The big news for me? I now have an iPod!!!! I actually had been wanting one for a while, but with electronic toys like this, if I get one, hubby usually gets one too, and for the longest time he couldn't see the need for wanting one (when our PDA's did a pretty good job of playing music, but only 1 gig or so....). Finally convinced him by taking him on a trip to an Apple store in Minneapolis this summer. He was sold then....so I asked for one for my birthday. Well, lo and behold, the redesign came out last week, and I now have the 8 gig iPod nano. I spent about 2 hours yesterday setting the thing up and loading some CD's on it. I need to go through my audio files for Clay and add a bunch more this week. I'm very glad someone mentioned jmh's list of the "best of" stuff....I'm gonna raid that section this week.

Happy you got your iPod.... :allgood:

An iPod is on my list too!

I had lunch today at a Brugger's Bagels and all of a sudden I heard "spinning balls"! It was Clay on their musak system! First time I've ever heard Clay anywhere in a public place. The woman with me kept giving me very strange looks. I guess that's the price of Clay fandom.

JMH. I'll go to Shanghai with you! When's the best time?

Quick hit until I catch up.

For all the Texans on the board:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A very gentle and elderly Texas lady was driving across a high bridge in Texas one day. As she neared the top of the bridge, she noticed a young man fixin' (ready) to jump.

She stopped her car, rolled down the window and said, " Please don't jump, think of your dear mother and father."

He replied, "Mom and Dad are both dead; I'm going to jump".

She said, "Well, think of your wife and children."

He replied, "I'm not married and I don't have any kids"

She said, "Well, think of the Alamo."

He replied, "What's the Alamo?"

She replied, "Well, bless your heart, just go ahead and jump, you dumb ass Yankee."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

From my brother, the Houstonite.

Funny joke shadylil.

ldyj....I have a fairly new nano but after seeing the new ones I've been tempted to buy one. Matter of fact, think I will!

One of the lap swimmers at my exercise facility has a water proof IPod case he inserts into the arm band, puts the little pods in his ear and swims laps. It's pretty odd looking but he says it eases the boredom on lap swimming.

I want an arm band for mine while I'm working on the ellipitical and treadmill but I'll wait until they make one for the new nano.

Hello everyone!

shadylil - lmao2.gif

Caro - Here's hoping all went well today and that your new grandbaby, your daughter, and you are all doing well.

Random stuff -

Lots of times during the day I hear music and/or songs playing in my head. Lately when this happens, I have stopped to figure out what song I'm hearing and it always seems to be something from that damn TV Medley. Just me?

I also have this bad habit of deciding I want to do some little thing and it ends up taking me hours and I get all engrossed in it even though it really is pretty silly to spend so much time on inconsequential things. But anyway, I had this clip that I thought might make a good and more current avatar. I didn't know how to make gif files but after much research I finally figured something out. I didn't know how to resize it though but I finally figured that out too. Now I need feedback. Here is the big file, followed by the avatar.

AClassic.gif

AClassicavi.gif

I think it's a lovely image (hee) but I'm not sure the avatar is clear enough. It's never clear enough for me. Whatcha think?

(Hope this doesn't slow the board down too much. If it does, I'll take it off.)

whoa.

Just popped in, hoping to find some good stuff to relieve all the BS that seems to be overwhelming me lately and

WHOA! Dayum. Holyshit.

xxx...I REALLY REALLY REALLY love that...that....thing you've rendered....

:Thud::Thud::Thud:

are you going to make it your avie? :RedGuy: If you aren't, are you going to put it up for....

grabs? :hubbahubba:

PickMe-1.gifPickMe-1.gifPickMe-1.gif

Where were we for that one?

Chicago. Booknotsigning. Fun trip. I just found the staging and pacing of that concert a bit...busy. With the backups AND the choirs AND the mini-orchestra.

Tulsa? I think it was in the top five worse venues I've been in - the fucking lack of air conditioning (that ALONE was a sin and a shame) - the orchestra was meh, the fact when Scarlett and Solo first passed by it, they thought it was some kind of penal institution, the wasy the seating was jammed up in there, the acoustics really were bad

Ah yes! That's it! The HISTORIC Brady Theater. It's just. not. good. [tm CHA]

I just checked, and my profile says this

but I can still get in fine. I think we are supposed to wait for the email before we re-up.

Okay...no one else has mentioned this but I remember clicking a button in the renewal last year that asked if I wanted to automatically renew the next year. Anyone else remember that? Bueller? Anyone?

Had to edit cuz I'm mixing up all my children..heh...

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Happens to the best of us, dear.

---

xxx :scream: Omighosh! I just don't know.

I may have to see it side by side with your present avi about a bajillion more times before I can decide.

Pweeeeze?

----

eta...oh...poo... neato! Top o' the page to ya!

Edited by jamar1700

XXX - you wanted feedback. Well, here goes. I really hate that animation. It's awful. I don't know why you decided to post it here. Really, you thought we'd like it? If you used it as your avi, no one would get any work done!!!!!!!

:cryingwlaughter: :lies: :cryingwlaughter::believe::cryingwlaughter:

You'd better make it your avi soon, before someone else - like Muski - grabs it!!!

Edited by Gibby

I do believe that yummy, jiggle, yum yum clip is from Houston during YEAH!....

yeah! I think that's it. :Thud: I love the Houston concert Classics because he hadn't camped everything up so much yet....he was doing some sexy satire on Justin and Usher...not channeling Dame Edna.

Um, what clip is that from? What is he singing?

Yeah, yeah....yeah...Next thing I knew she was all up on me screaming...yeah, yeah...yeah

I just checked, and my profile says this

but I can still get in fine. I think we are supposed to wait for the email before we re-up.

Okay...no one else has mentioned this but I remember clicking a button in the renewal last year that asked if I wanted to automatically renew the next year. Anyone else remember that? Bueller? Anyone?

I think that meant renew for year two....not two years.

As of this afternoon the mods posted not to worry. Renewals have not gone out yet.

I think that meant renew for year two....not two years.

As of this afternoon the mods posted not to worry. Renewals have not gone out yet.

Nope not what I'm talking about at all.

I do understand the difference between renewing for two years and renewing for year two *g* I mean I was asked if I wanted to be automatically renewed the NEXT year. As in, they would go ahead and process the renewel when it came up and charge my credit card. Just like I renew my McAfee or my AAA membership.

And, never fear, I'm not worried. :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by jamar1700

DAYUM,DAYUM!! xxx I had a lot to do tonight, but now.....

:Thud: If anyone wants me, I'll be on page 73.

ETA: Couchie, I have a favor to ask. Can you change the board settings for avatars to be 640 x 480 pixels? That way several of us could use that clip, full-sized, for our avis.

:Thud:

Edited by Bookwhore

Yeah, yeah....yeah...Next thing I knew she was all up on me screaming...yeah, yeah...yeah

Looks to me like when she was all up on him screaming, she might have dropped a ferret down his pants. I need to page back and check again.

Or a snake. Not sure. I'll have to check.

It is from Houston, Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Uh, yeah. It's from my video, Classics.

Edited by xxx4clay