#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

I just checked, and my profile says this

but I can still get in fine. I think we are supposed to wait for the email before we re-up.

ETA this note from butterflyshine:

If you know someone who is experiencing recent log in difficulties, please have them email me at butterflyshine01 @ yahoo.com or pm me here....I will try to assist them... they should include in the email their sn and email addy associated with their OFC account....thanks
Edited by luckiest1

Ah,the bobble head poll has been there for a while. Sorry. It is kind of iffy and not official anything.

The originaol bobblehead dolls are still available, you have to e-mail to order it though. You can get it through the BAF - well, everyone except Rcknrllmom.

Rcknrllmom, do you need someone to order for you?

Jamar, After my Dad died, I called my Mother everyday, except when I was on vacation, because she was uncomfortable living alone and not working. Since she died I stopped working and I know how she feels, especial when workmen figure out I live alone.

Edited by playbiller

couchie, yay for unagi and maguro/toro! Glad you liked them -- maybe we can have some during during the JNT07 roadtrip? Unagi's the way I introduce friends to sushi because it's fully cooked and it looks & tastes just like grilled fish nuggets in terriyaki sauce. Sometimes I make a full make a full meal of unagi over steamed rice. Ok, enough about food.

ialreadyam, that was an earnest offer. I wasn't teasing. Also, other people have been able to make DVD's of XviDs, you might want to post a question on a techie thread. I know that the bitrate for these clips are a lot higher than usual so it'll help to have a dual core cpu and at least 2GB RAM.

rcknrllmom, I got an extra one yesterday. No worries, PM me.

jmh123, I'm glad to have sparked things again, though I must admit I"m a bit overwhelmed by everything you PM'ed. To me it was mostly -- Ooooh, how pretty! I need to go back and see it again before answering your questions since it was mostly a blur and the main exhibit (I only saw a preview) should have much more. Will be happy to go back to Shanghai as a sidetrip to Clay's Asian tour someday. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

KAndre, it a pretty day to me and I'll be at Microsoft today instead of at the office so yay!!! (Checks iphone/pod battery...)

Good morning FCA!

Lets just get this on the table .... :DoClay:

OK ... now I can get on with other things.

windstar.. thanks I feel fine today. I guess 500 acres in Texas isn't very big but it sure sounds big to me.

Its a lot for us too.

Just talked with Jen, and the time has been moved to 1:30 p.m. CDT tomorrow ... when I will be trying to teach a cello lesson in High Point! YIKES!!! :lol:

Caro - Prayers and good thoughts going out to you and Jen and baby today. Yea! Its baby day!!!!

Was that the Council Bluffs/Kansas City leg, when Jacob walked out in the middle of the show? I was glad I got to see Clay sing Emmanuel for the first time. That was so amazing.

Yes, it was Council Bluffs during JNT05 when Jacob walked away. I don't think a took a breath from the time I realized Clay was going to sing "Emmanuel" until he was done. :Thud:

You know that is what my sister said. She went to the Tulsa concert with me. She only recently told me that she didn't enjoy it much at all, but was afraid to say anything ... She said she could hardly understand a word he said. Especially during the 2nd medley and the banter between the girls. She said she was lost half the time and felt left out. She didn't understand why people found certain things funny.

It wasn't just your sister. I was at Tulsa and even being an inside Clay fan I didn't get most of it. I think where I was sitting the acoustics were horrible. I think of the 20-sumpin' concerts I've been to, that was my least favorite, for that reason. Plus I'd forgotten my binoculars. Couldn't see, couldn't hear. It was so frustrating. :( But at first I really thought it was me...like maybe I was getting old and losing my hearing or something.

Tulsa? I think it was in the top five worse venues I've been in - the fucking lack of air conditioning (that ALONE was a sin and a shame) - the orchestra was meh, the fact when Scarlett and Solo first passed by it, they thought it was some kind of penal institution, the wasy the seating was jammed up in there, the acoustics really were bad and I think I was in the second row. It didn't help that this came right after Jones Hall in Houston.

Clay was wonderful as usual - but it was distracting for me.

Penal institution! :cryingwlaughter: Yeah, that fits! Once we sat down in that place and realized the lack of air problem, I dug through my "concert tote" and discovered I still had two small fans in there I had brought to Frisco. (And extra batteries!!!) I took one and gave one to DD and we had them on us the entire time. Clay kept looking up at us longingly .... I'm sure because of the fans!!! Everytime he looked at us I would face the fan toward him and smile. (I really doubt he could see that we had fans, infact, I doubt he could see us ... but then right before the "cool" banner he asked the two girls sitting next to me how old they were so maybe he could see?! And btw, my DD yelled out "10". )

Anyhoo, I LOVED Tulsa. Maybe it helped being up in the balcony at this concert because I could hear Clay fine and I could see every move he made. I was quite taken by his footwork. I had never been up high enough where I could watch it.

Hey, did y'all know there is a poll at the OFC, created by the mods, asking who would be interested in a limited edition Clay bobble head doll being available at the OFC store? They are looking for input.....

Why do they need a poll? Just put them for sale. I think any new merchandise would be appreciated at any time.

From what I understood on the bobble head manufacturing site, you have to order 5000 at a shot and the merchandise was not moving well., Does anyone know if they sold the 3000 posters?

What merchandise? The two-three year old stuff that everybody already has?

I bet he'd sell those bobbleheads (and about anything else) PDQ. A poll on the OFC doesn't carry any weight with me - I would never have known about it except for luckiest1's heads up. Sure do wish he'd reconsider and give us a calendar though.

*pant pant pant*

No, that DOES NOT say "pants," OK? I'm just out of breath from catching up. I really should be working, but had to get the important stuff *coughFCAcough* out of the way! My last time for logging on to FCA was early Friday morning -- I had a work commitment for that entire day. And then, this past weekend was a traditional "away from the boards" weekend. It has to do with an event coming up for me very soon *coughbirthdaywhorecough* -- my husband and I usually spend as much time with each other on one of those weekends. I feel it's good for me to do that -- the boards can be overwhelming from time to time, and it's good to get the RL perspective once in a great while, you know? So, hubby and I ate out a lot (most of this weekend revolves around food....I'm gonna have to check out the weight thread again this week, I know it....), saw the final Bourne movie, watched a bunch of Star Trek episodes, and just chilled.

The big news for me? I now have an iPod!!!! I actually had been wanting one for a while, but with electronic toys like this, if I get one, hubby usually gets one too, and for the longest time he couldn't see the need for wanting one (when our PDA's did a pretty good job of playing music, but only 1 gig or so....). Finally convinced him by taking him on a trip to an Apple store in Minneapolis this summer. He was sold then....so I asked for one for my birthday. Well, lo and behold, the redesign came out last week, and I now have the 8 gig iPod nano. I spent about 2 hours yesterday setting the thing up and loading some CD's on it. I need to go through my audio files for Clay and add a bunch more this week. I'm very glad someone mentioned jmh's list of the "best of" stuff....I'm gonna raid that section this week.

So....to try to catch up here without quoting...

Chocolate: I'm dearly in love with Ghiardelli dark with caramel. For me, the darker the chocolate, the better, and am very glad that manufacturers are finally getting a clue that there are dark chocolate fans out there.

Waldo? Eh. Sometimes, he just presents himself, you know? Hard not to notice, especially when Clay is almost kneeling in front of you (as happened to me at the W-S IT show). But for the most part, I'm more busy just watching the whole being of Clay. And yes, I do actually watch those around him too on the stage. I like watching the other's reactions to Clay as well.

Thank you kf for posting the Leno pictures. If I would have been available, I would have done it.

play, I'm fascinated by the man's feet too, and specifically his shoes. I remember during the JNT 2004 focusing on his shiny shoes -- the way they glittered and sparkled enthralled me.

I have an incredibly hard time comparing tours. I honestly can't do it. I dearly loved the JNT 2004 when I saw it in Atlanta -- I mean, that was the speeding ticket for his friend story, wasn't it? Gosh, now I'm gonna have to look that up. If I remember correctly, that's one of the first times he said "You can never get enough Clay Aiken!" But every show has it's memorable moments, and the same with every tour.

Caro, I'll be thinking about you and grandbaby!

Good Lord, I've gotta start working on my "best of selections" for this tour. I've got the stuff downloaded, now I just need to start listening. Maybe most of those will go on the shiny new iPod this week....

Yes, I have sacrificed going to a Clay show for other committments. The only time I didn't do that was this past year for the JNT -- we got word of it early enough that I told the gentleman that does the Madrigal dinner that I was going to be out of town that night, and wouldn't be able to play. This year, I'm only going to be missing a rehearsal. *g* Still means I can't go to Clay's birthday show though....wah. But I'm way too responsible, and just can't let Clay stuff overwhelm stuff that goes on in RL. That's the practical Midwesterner (with a German background) in me.

Heck, I don't know if that's all I wanted to say or not. But it will have to do. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:XmasRed:

Welcome back ldyj! I'm glad you had such a nice weekend.

It was my hubby's birthday this weekend, and he got to choose our activities. We checked into a posh, old, historic hotel - nice way to get away from the kids for the weekend! We went out to eat at an Indian restaurant, where Clay prepared my food. No, really - I ate tandoori chicken and fish, which is baked in a Clay oven. But Clay never came out to say hi - I guess he didn't want to be mobbed. :) No, I'm not delusional - why do you ask??

Anyway, we then went to the Dive Bar. No, it wasn't a dive. It's a bar at the aquarium, where you can watch fish of all sizes (including sharks) swim in an enormous, ceiling-high tank while enjoying drinks. And then we went to a live jazz bar, where we heard Dotsero, our favorite jazz fusion group. This was all in downtown Denver, which is a happenin' place at night! The 16th street mall is a pedestrian mall with lots of fun stuff going on. Muski knows - she's been there! And then we went back to the hotel to enjoy hubby's favorite dessert - cherry pie and whipped topping. :eusa_whistle:

The next day we went to the Six Flags in Denver. It was great fun. Excellent rides! And since my two teenaged daughters were causing all kinds of ansgst before we left for our little excursion, it was fantastic to get away from the house and the problems for the weekend. Now the angst somehow doesn't seem as bad as it did before we left. A little away time and some perspective really helped.

Edited by Gibby

You know it's bad when you look forward to the work week more than the weekend. Oy.

Waldo? Eh. Sometimes, he just presents himself, you know? Hard not to notice, especially when Clay is almost kneeling in front of you (as happened to me at the W-S IT show). But for the most part, I'm more busy just watching the whole being of Clay. And yes, I do actually watch those around him too on the stage. I like watching the other's reactions to Clay as well.

First...eee! I was in Winston-Salem, too! My first close seat (7th row, I think), and I was in hea.ven. *sigh*

Second, I distinctly remember the first time I noticed anything of a "waldo" sort about Clay. It was shortly after Idol, and I had just joined the boards (TTC at that time). Someone made a remark about "Grease," and I rewatched the video. I still remember the feeling of the lightbulb going off above my head, lol. I'm horribly nonobservant about that sort of thing, though. A board buddy of mine used to literally draw me diagrams when people would be having a fit over a pic and I'd be saying, "But I don't see anything!!"

I have an incredibly hard time comparing tours. I honestly can't do it. I dearly loved the JNT 2004 when I saw it in Atlanta -- I mean, that was the speeding ticket for his friend story, wasn't it? Gosh, now I'm gonna have to look that up. If I remember correctly, that's one of the first times he said "You can never get enough Clay Aiken!" But every show has it's memorable moments, and the same with every tour.

I agree that every tour has its own particular charms and memorable moments, but the NAT will likely always be my favorite. It's completely for selfish reasons. I got to go to more shows that tour than any other, had great luck with tickets, and got a M&G. Plus, he came to Lexington (eee!) and sang STO and SSD, two of my favorite songs.

Now I'm all permagrin-y. Such.good.memories!

Another person who was at W-S concert - 10th row just in front of Kelly's cousins. That was an experience since the boy cousins were busy making fun of Clay during the concert so I had to focus forward and then it was OK. But when boys sing out "we love you Clay" in falsetto, well, not nice. Still a great concert and a great pre-concert party, wonder who gave it?

One more month until Clay!!!!!!!!

Edited by playbiller

From what I understood on the bobble head manufacturing site, you have to order 5000 at a shot and the merchandise was not moving well., Does anyone know if they sold the 3000 posters?

What merchandise? The two-three year old stuff that everybody already has?

I bet he'd sell those bobbleheads (and about anything else) PDQ. A poll on the OFC doesn't carry any weight with me - I would never have known about it except for luckiest1's heads up. Sure do wish he'd reconsider and give us a calendar though.

I agree cindilu! All the stuff I wanted was sold out, and the stuff that's left is crap! Well, not really, but I already have them!

I would buy a new bobblehead doll if they come out with one (maybe even two!) LOL (but not seven...) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

With all the Bobblehead talk tho, it's a good time to bring this up again (hee) for those to may not have seen or would like to revisit!!

I did this one during the great drought of 2005!

CLAY'S LOST PERFORMANCE OF DREAM LOVER

there's only ONE comment!! ::hint hint::

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by cha cha trusty

Windstar2, yes, by all means, if you get out this way I sure hope we can get together!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Muski, I've been meaning to say for several days now that I hope you get well soon. Sooooooo sorry this yucky cold found you and that it is such a busy time at work. Trying to send positive somethings! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yeah, me too. :XmasRed:

Have a great day, FCA!

Aww Muski....hope you feel better soon. Sick stress, job stress and forgetting your anniversary are the pits.

My husband was the one who remembered our anniversary..I always forgot it so when he presented me with a card I'd just say "aww shit", sign it from me, give him a kiss and get on with the day. He learned to expect that and was shocked when I remembered (once).

Every day is special when you are with someone you love so who cares about a singular day! :eusa_whistle:

With your red drippy stuffy nose you probably weren't getting any sex anyway. :cryingwlaughter:

LadyJ, congratulations on the upcoming birthday and for scoring a brand new iPod! Techno toys are the best, aren't they? So...what color did you get?

Around here we have stores called Big Lots..they're discount stores, don't know if you have them around there or not. But anyway, Big Lots had accessory kits for iPods a few months ago...it's a car charger, extra headphones, a/c outlet charger, desk speakers and something else (but I forgot what) and the whole kit n' kaboodle was only $25. Best money I ever spent. I especially like the desk speakers, which are battery operated and you just plug the iPod in. I keep them at work. Also really like being able to recharge the iPod in a wall outlet instead of having to plug it into the computer. I love my iPod :wub: Can you tell?

Muski, honey, tell us how you really feel. You don't have to hold back, here. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Sorry you're having such a crappy time right now.

September must be Anniversary Month. :) My 26th is next weekend, my niece's in next week and my little sister's was yesterday. It was her 1st, but since her new DH is in Iraq right now, she celebrated by herself, getting very, very drunk.

Edited by Bookwhore

ialreadyam, that was an earnest offer. I wasn't teasing. Also, other people have been able to make DVD's of XviDs, you might want to post a question on a techie thread. I know that the bitrate for these clips are a lot higher than usual so it'll help to have a dual core cpu and at least 2GB RAM.

Thanks for responding. I can't find a techie thread, but you probably solved the dilemma. I have the dual core processor but only 1 gig of memory. Shit Crap! I was hoping to use the XVid files so I could play them on my widescreenTV. Any suggestions? Should I just get the Large WMV instead? *sniff* I'll Pm you about your generous offer.

LadyJ, congratulations on the upcoming birthday and for scoring a brand new iPod! Techno toys are the best, aren't they? So...what color did you get?

I got the blue one. I decided that it was either the blue one or the silver (I didn't like the green, and thought the black would show too many fingerprints). Hubby then "picked" for me. Heh. (BTW, hubby will be getting the green very soon...)

Around here we have stores called Big Lots..they're discount stores, don't know if you have them around there or not. But anyway, Big Lots had accessory kits for iPods a few months ago...it's a car charger, extra headphones, a/c outlet charger, desk speakers and something else (but I forgot what) and the whole kit n' kaboodle was only $25. Best money I ever spent. I especially like the desk speakers, which are battery operated and you just plug the iPod in. I keep them at work. Also really like being able to recharge the iPod in a wall outlet instead of having to plug it into the computer. I love my iPod :wub: Can you tell?

Ooooh, yeah, we have BigLots here too. Would have never thought of them for accessories. I'll have to check it out.

One of the problems of being one of the first to get the new redesigned iPod nano is that some of the accessories for the old nano don't work! I want to get one of those exercise armbands, but they don't have them yet (that I know of) for new size. Same with the protective cases. Of course, I haven't looked very hard yet.... I am planning on getting the FM receiver to use the thing in my car, though (if anyone has any feedback on these, PM me please....)

Oh, and I did go out and get one clack video in mp4 format to try loading a video to it. OMG, it's great. Of course, Clay is only 2 inches big (heh), but the picture is really fantastic.

On another note....

I think it funny that I'm reading how many people went to the W-S IT show (third row, non-grindage side for me) -- and yet most of us didn't know each other at that time. I remember vaguely meeting play and Fear and I should have met luckiest1, because they all attended the same pre-show party I did (and I had made the nametags). But now, with the intermingling of boards within this board, I'm sure there are so many of us that had shared shows, but yet, had no clue that some people we would now consider friends were at those shows. Funny, eh?

I see votes are all over the place on the next thread title. heh

FYI Idolstalker has declared Friday Clay day because he has a lorge fan base (duh). Wednesday is foreign idol day and the other idols just have to share the rest of the days.

Edited by playbiller

I see votes are all over the palce on the title. heh

FYI Idolstalker has declared Friday Clay day because he has a lorge fan base (duh). Wednesday is foreign idol day and the other idols just have to share the rest of the days.

whats idolstalker???