#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

I just have to add that is one GORGEOUS man!!!!!

I think I'm in love!!!!!!

OMG I'm top of the page. I have to thank all the little people who came before to make this possible!

Edited by merrieeee

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Meanwhile - y'all went a little crazy on the board - 50 pages in 3 days!!! I'll NEVER catch up!

I might not even try!!

:XmasRed: Who's coming to DC??

Unless you need to eat more Chocolate, Jello or Ice cream, just run though looking at the pictures. Everything else is trivial.

Except... The question of whether Clay knows Waldo. Now, If he knows about the fold - well.... it is rather hard to believe he does not know about the rest. I know he was very busy and did not read message boards, but his friends read and posted. They knew about Pants! and supposedly told him, no?

Man, there has been some great football on today. That Ky and Lsvl game was really something.

On topic, would like to see Clay in a football jersey now. Those Leno pics are great by the way.

EEEEE!!! First UK win against a Top 10 team since 1977!! And against Looahvull! It doesn't get any sweeter than that! And I don't even like football! lol

Clay in a football jersey? Check!

th_masculine.jpg

Except... The question of whether Clay knows Waldo. Now, If he knows about the fold - well.... it is rather hard to believe he does not know about the rest. I know he was very busy and did not read message boards, but his friends read and posted. They knew about Pants! and supposedly told him, no?

Ah, that assumes he knows about the fold. Are you are talking about the Pala WISYS with Flat Clay? My take is I'm not quite clear about what he utters sotto voce (was that ever a "word of the day"?) and what its intended meaning was. It's certainly an intriguing indication that he may know or, as someone noted upthread, maybe he is truly clueless about Waldo, or is just a darn good actor.

I have a question about the ATDW CD signing the afternoon before the Kimmel taping last fall. Does anyone have any info (or an opinion for that matter) as to whether the clack of Clay summoning security because of the presumed interloper with the "Aiken for Clay" sign (as it turned out, Jimmy) was staged or filmed as it actually happened. It is hard for me to tell whether Clay is feigning wariness or if it's a joke Jimmy pulled off. IMO, Clay's a pretty good actor. I thought he did a very good job of pretending not to know what Jimmy was talking about until he pulled out the mic during the Valentine's Day candy song.

(Not brown, muski. Not brown. Heh.)

BWAH, KAndre! Thank GAWD for my literary consultant extraordinaire! Without you I'd have had Clay drinking muddy water in my Clyra story! :lmaosmiley-1:

He HAS to know about Waldo...He must've just been purposely NOT showing understanding...I mean...

EVERYbody knows about WALDO! :hubbahubba: I mean...who could look at those feet and those hands and fingers and NOT know about WALDO?!?!?!? :scream:

Hubby and I just watched "Holiday" on dvd---Jude Law, Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet and Jack Black---fun movie...except for my obnoxious, disgustingly noisy attempts at actually BREATHING through my nose, it was a very fun evening...

Now I'll bid you adieu y buenos noches...gonna try to get some sleep, even if I have to sit up to do it! Gotta get up early tomorrow to catch a double header softball day with my star pitcher on the mound! :lilredani:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: jazzgirl, oh I definitely believe he said something about 'it's a fold' as an aside to Quiana...he knows. Oh yeah. He sooooo knows....

Edited by muskifest

Here's another scenario. You've just got your friend, who is in a wheelchair, settled in the handicap section right before the concert starts. You know , from watching Clack, that Clay will be entering from the back of the auditorium singing Kyrie, a not-to-be-missed event. The concert is about to start and your friend asks you to go get her something to drink. You know that if you do this, you'll miss the Main Event. What do you do?

Say "are you insane? Wait until intermission!" I have never missed the beginning notes of a Clay concert and hope I never will. I love that feeling of anticipation.

Ah, that assumes he knows about the fold. Are you are talking about the Pala WISYS with Flat Clay? My take is I'm not quite clear about what he utters sotto voce (was that ever a "word of the day"?) and what its intended meaning was. It's certainly an intriguing indication that he may know or, as someone noted upthread, maybe he is truly clueless about Waldo, or is just a darn good actor.

I have a question about the ATDW CD signing the afternoon before the Kimmel taping last fall. Does anyone have any info (or an opinion for that matter) as to whether the clack of Clay summoning security because of the presumed interloper with the "Aiken for Clay" sign (as it turned out, Jimmy) was staged or filmed as it actually happened. It is hard for me to tell whether Clay is feigning wariness or if it's a joke Jimmy pulled off. IMO, Clay's a pretty good actor. I thought he did a very good job of pretending not to know what Jimmy was talking about until he pulled out the mic during the Valentine's Day candy song.

I think Clay is aware of most of the 'big things' in the fandom (heh), but some he chooses not to recognize. Like Waldo. Can't say I blame him.

Hee! Another example of Clay Aiken, American Cultural Icon!

Clay in Big Nate Comic Strip

Awwww, I love this! Hee!

And for everyone else...just out of curiosity, what would you forgo a Clay concert for (funerals of immediate family members excluded)?

That's an easy one for me. I've skipped a Clay concert 2 years in a row (3 after this year) because it was on my father's birthday. He'll be 85 this year, and I wouldn't miss that for Clay. But..... I must admit that the decision is easier for me since I have other options in this area. Sometimes the good fortune of being an East Coast Clay Fan is almost embarrassing.

If the Phillies were in the World Series.... I'd skip Clay. As JaMar said, such an event is too rare to miss. Clay will be around again.

A funeral - that's another story.

My favorite line that night was .... "if I actually have to MAKE the sandwich...."

"I thought I was gonna die!"

"the little twisty gets me EV'RY time!"

Everytime I have trouble with a twisty, I think about Clay's schtick and it make me laugh.

No clue, but I suspect Jimmy would have been accompanied by a camera crew and probably a boom mic, so I think he would have kind of stuck out from the rest of the fans. I do think Clay is good at mugging for the camera and can think quickly, so he may have been able to play along easily once he figured out what was going on. Of course, I was clear across the country at the time, so what do I know?

:RedGuy:

laljeterfan How bout them Yankees last night!!! WooHoo!!!

Sorry, CANUCK, I'm finally reading this a day later- didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. Yeah, it was a great game- too bad they sucked it up yesterday. (except for my man Jeter, of course)

And for everyone else...just out of curiosity, what would you forgo a Clay concert for (funerals of immediate family members excluded)?

I invited friends over for dinner and went to the concert in Syracuse this summer on my son's 14th birthday. We had his party a day early, but strangely enough, he was none too happy with me!

OMG, now that is one thought that just makes me melt. Can you imagine Clay with a little girl? Wouldn't he be the best daddy? I can just see him with a little curly-haired, red-headed girl in his arms with her arms twined tightly around his neck.

I just hope she doesn't block my view of Waldo though, or I'll have to break her legs off.

That just CMSU!!!

Thanks for the pretty pictures- they make up for getting up WAY too early on a Sunday morning!

OMG, now that is one thought that just makes me melt. Can you imagine Clay with a little girl? Wouldn't he be the best daddy? I can just see him with a little curly-haired, red-headed girl in his arms with her arms twined tightly around his neck.

I just hope she doesn't block my view of Waldo though, or I'll break her legs off.

Awww what a hallmark moment....reminds me of tanya harding...BWAH

I think Clay is aware of Waldo...but I doubt its in top of mind all the time so I can see him using the name waldo in total innocence.

Love this...and I do believe if I were to choose which song to play ...it would be WY, working on my recommendation and he sure sang the bejeeezus out of that song...wow

No clue, but I suspect Jimmy would have been accompanied by a camera crew and probably a boom mic, so I think he would have kind of stuck out from the rest of the fans. I do think Clay is at mugging for the camera and can think quickly, so he may have been able to play along easily once he figured out what was going on. Of course, I was clear across the country at the time, so what do I know?

:RedGuy:

I have a different take on this...Clay was already getting filmed so I don;t think he was very aware of an additional camera and such. My impression was ...Clay was a bit concerned when he left....I dont know if Jerome knew and was pulling a fast one on Clay.

I think Clay is aware of Waldo...but I doubt its in top of mind all the time so I can see him using the name waldo in total innocence.

Especially if he calls it something else. Waldo's only been in use for 4 years. What if it's been (insert suggestion here) his whole life?

I can honestly say I can never remember having looked at certain parts of men's anatomy before I became a Clay Aiken fan....wait I think it all started when I began reading Muski's posts!!!!

(Well other than Rudolph Nureyev and Barishnikov but those were unavoidable!)

I sent a friend of mine the cute puppy picture yesterday and she emailed me back that I had fooled her. She thought it was going to be a pic of Clay. Well just for that I sent her the package picture! She could not believe that I had done that. So unlike me! But she loved it.

:cryingwlaughter: You go girl. If that didn't Clayvert her, nothing will.

All right. It's Saturday Night. And exactly one year ago tonight - September 15, 2006 - we got THIS!!!

thetonightshow20060915-02.jpg

:Thud: BANGS-STUBBLE-SUITS- Nobody wears them better. I've prayed he would get an offer to model or represent a famous label's line of men's clothing. Just GAH all the way around. Of course now he "might" have to go on that Clay Aiken diet. The one I have to go on before I attend a concert. :eusa_whistle:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Meanwhile - y'all went a little crazy on the board - 50 pages in 3 days!!! I'll NEVER catch up!

I might not even try!!

:XmasRed: Who's coming to DC??

Unless you need to eat more Chocolate, Jello or Ice cream, just run though looking at the pictures. Everything else is trivial.

:cryingwlaughter: True dat, playbiller. I find I am having to, sometimes, scroll through some of the stuff, because I can't sit here for 3 hours at a time catching up. I want to but my back doesn't.

I love the Clay cartoons. I print off and save everyone I run across. One of these days I want to do something special with them. Like put them all in some special poster sized frame. In fact if anyone has copies of all the original LuAnn comic strips would you PM them to me, please? Some of the ones I downloaded came out icky. Thanks.

muski I believe Clay knows about Waldo and our investigative endeavors, to determine is it or isn't it a fold. Hee I'm pretty sure he was told about our "Church Of Waldo thread" on my old home board, Rebels For Clay Aiken. We used to have our own Waldo Signal emoticon. :cryingwlaughter: They used to tease me about how fast Clayzor could come running when Waldo was mentioned or shown. God I miss that board and those girls. FCA :F_05BL17blowkiss: and Clayton's Place are the closest thing I have found to being similar. Smart, smutty, fun loving, women. I love it. I imagine the Waldo thing probably isn't on his mind all the time. I think it has to be a kick, though, for any guy to know that woman find them "endowed" and hot and sexy, even if it does embarrass them somewhat. I can see Clay being embarrassed by it all too. Scarlett we use the affectionate name of "George" at my house. TMI? :cryingwlaughter:

rebelsignal.gif

playbiller, I did read a few pages of the "trivial" stuff going on, and didn't scroll through everything. So I'll contribute. Ice cream? Well, Blue Bell is good but my favorite brand, in my area, is Yarnells. They also have a blackberry cobbler. http://www.yarnells.com/products/yicc_product_homepage.php One of my favorites is Death By Chocolate. I only buy their ice cream when it is on sale. It runs about $4.00 or a little over for a 1/2 gallon. Mainly I buy Wells Blue Bunny. http://www.bluebunny.com/main.aspx?topcategory=1 Preferably Bunny Tracks & Peanut Butter Panic. They also have specialty "designer" ones they do during Summer. My favorite of these is their White Chocolate Almond Divinity. It is divine. On rare occasion I like to buy Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey. Which is a banana with walnuts and chocolate chunk concoction that is wonderful. I did make lime jello yesterday. I like to put drained canned pears in with my lime jello. I also like to take cottage cheese and put it into pear halves and serve as a type of salad.

Now I need to find out how my Huskers & my Hogs did last night. I fell asleep.

Now I need to find out how my Huskers & my Hogs did last night.

:scream:

'Nuff said.

Actually I wrote more about it in the Football thread. Made me feel better, anyway.

---

I tend to believe that if Clay knows the specifics (Waldo, fold/notafold et. al.) ... he probably avoids/ignores it the best he can. In any case, I'm not at all convinced that he follows what the fans are saying or doing all that closely. :shrug:

That said, I'm just not much of a crotchwatcher myself. When I see a picture of Clay or watching him perform my eyes just don't go there. It just never occurs to me to look.

Do I need to turn in my smutter's badge now? I've only had it for a few weeks. *sniff*...

---

Gadz. Have I ever NOT had to edit a post?

Edited by jamar1700

Especially if he calls it something else. Waldo's only been in use for 4 years. What if it's been (insert suggestion here) his whole life?

Oh gosh, it's too early in the morning to come up with something good. "Big Red" is what comes to mind immediately, but that's not very clever. I'm just thinking Clay's a natural redhead. And it's big. And Big Red is a cinnamon flavored chewing gum, and Clay has cinnamon-y breath, according to some reports, and....ah well, forget it.

My son went dressed as Waldo one halloween a few years ago. He actually made a very good Waldo. The story book kind, not the other.

I remember a concert a long time ago where somebody tossed a stuffed, toy Waldo doll up on stage. Clay just kicked it off to the side and didn't acknowledge it at all, aside from the kick. Usually he makes some kind of comment . That made me think that he knew the Waldo association and didn't appreciate having it brought to his attention on stage in such a blatant way. Just my impression, though. I don't know shit.

Why am I rambling on about Waldo on a Sunday morning?

That said, I'm just not much of a crotchwatcher myself. When I see a picture of Clay or watching him perform my eyes just don't go there. It just never occurs to me to look.

Do I need to turn in my smutter's badge now? I've only had it for a few weeks. *sniff*...

Huh? I just want to clarify, for anyone who might have fallen for that load of bullcrap, that whenever Jamar and I embark on a Clay journey, her first words to me, even before hello, are "Do you have the tickets?" followed by "Do you have the binoculars?"

Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

Edited by Bookwhore