#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

THIS IS THE NIGHT! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Sometime this evening my daughter's son will be delivered. Her blood pressure and uric acid levels have been elevated all weekend, and this morning her doctor set in motion plans to proceed with delivery this evening. The baby is 35 weeks and 5 days old. Guess we will have a little Virgo instead of a Libra. :)

We appreciate your prayers and good thoughts. This is the candle site that Maddy established a few days ago: JenB.

Forgive me, but I have no idea what is being discussed. I have been on the phone for the past two hours. Have a great evening, FCA. I'm on pins and needles. :wub:

Caro listen.gif

Adding my thoughts and prayers too Caro.

Hi--best of vibes to CarolinaClay and family. Yup, we're on baby watch. Another 12+ hours to go. I woke up at 7am today and did a lot of straightening up in the house. A year almost, and I'm still not fully unpacked, and still in limbo as to whether I'm going to stay in this apartment or move again in a few months >> year from now, whether I just need to get rid of a whole lot more things, or get a bigger place that can accommodate all my stuff, or get a job with an office where I can put some things. Limbo, limbo limbo rock. Limbo, limbo limbo rock. Anybody else remember that song?? Anyway, Scarlett's Shanghai Museum mention really struck a chord, so I went rummaging all around last night looking for souvenirs and tore the place up a bit, and after working hard today I'm closer to being able to rearrange the living room and get some things unpacked that all of a sudden I really miss. Tonight I had the Clay friend with whom I went to Asheville over for clack watching and CD burning. She's never made her own audio CDs before, so we had lots of fun. We must've burned a dozen CDs--she also wanted to make some for her friend's mother who likes Clay but can't get out to his concerts anymore, so we burned a modified JBT and an ATDW show for her. We thought of cool combos that my friend might like, like my old Ultimate IT collection, and a collection of duets, a couple of CDs that her mother might listen to in the car on the way to the beach next week if she doesn't know it's Clay till she's sucked in--that kind of thing. While burning CDs we watched a Chautauqua DVD that sylvie had burned for me. Nice to relive that concert, that whole 3 fer. It was a really special series of concerts and time with friends.

Edited by jmh123

We thought of cool combos that my friend might like, like my old Ultimate IT collection, and a collection of duets, a couple of CDs that her mother might listen to in the car on the way to the beach next week if she doesn't know it's Clay till she's sucked in--that kind of thing. While burning CDs we watched a Chautauqua DVD that sylvie had burned for me. Nice to relive that concert, that whole 3 fer. It was a really special series of concerts and time with friends.

Oh, Oh, Oh, jmh, care to share what is on your Ultimate IT collection? I don't think I ever put together a compilation CD of that tour.

We thought of cool combos that my friend might like, like my old Ultimate IT collection, and a collection of duets, a couple of CDs that her mother might listen to in the car on the way to the beach next week if she doesn't know it's Clay till she's sucked in--that kind of thing. While burning CDs we watched a Chautauqua DVD that sylvie had burned for me. Nice to relive that concert, that whole 3 fer. It was a really special series of concerts and time with friends.

Oh, Oh, Oh, jmh, care to share what is on your Ultimate IT collection? I don't think I ever put together a compilation CD of that tour.

I second that suggestion! I'd be very interested in your choices.

Another MONDAY! :RedGuy: Anyone just loooove Monday's?

yeah...me either...

----

I had a serious Mommy moment last night. And I don't do those. My DD is sort of the communication hub of the family and I realized I hadn't heard from her since Thursday, which is unusual. So I tried to call her cell and she didn't answer, which is unusual, she's had that phone attached to her hand since she was 16. So I tried again. Left a message. Waited. Decided to log in to myspace and see if she was on. Had to remember my myspace password first...oy. So I see a bulliten from son#2 (Oy really I don't want to be involved in my kids myspace worlds...the less I know and all that...) and visited his page to link to hers. Yeah she's not even my friend there, bad mom, bad mom. Anyway...it said she hadn't logged in their since the 13th which was also the date of our last call which I knew because I checked on my cell phone. We both live alone and we both sort of have niggling little worries about the other living alone and we've discussed that. So anywho....I decided that I better think of something to occupy my mind and went out to water the flowers....and the phone rang.

*whew* She'd been in Lincoln all weekend for the game.

I mention the above because it's so not like me.

---

So I'm getting really curious about the Christmas Concerts and what they will be like this year. I liked last years format a lot. True to form I tend to like whatever he's doing now and would rate the JNT's

1 2006

2 2005

3 2004

I actually think the first JNT was my least favorite Clay tour. I dunno why.

:XmasRed:

Good Morning Everyone,

39 Days until Clay is Live at Lincoln Center!

50 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

70 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

96 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

100 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Edited by aikim

I had a serious Mommy moment last night.

I know all about those. As long as my 'kids' are in my house I am fine. Once they leave, it's not good. Although they do tend to come back. And bring friends. Who move in. Anyways, I hadn't heard from son #1 all week (he's away at college) so I was starting to get the shakes. Not worried, necessarily, just don't like it when they don't check in. Finally talked to him last night and heard all about his week. He's doing well, has found a job, is studying...so why was all I teary when I hung up? ;)

I think the show has really....matured....I don't think that is really the word I am looking for, but it's grown each year, obviously it's changed each year, but I think we have seen more and more of Clay's personality shining through each year. Yes, even with the play in '05. I think my favourite is probably last year, too, but my daughter will tell you her favourite was the very first one. She just really really loved it for some reason.

ETA: Yay, the countdown is back! :)

Edited by luckiest1

I find it so hard to understand some of the banter.

The Emmys suck so far, except for Roots.

O.o. I killed FCA...................

You know that is what my sister said. She went to the Tulsa concert with me. She only recently told me that she didn't enjoy it much at all, but was afraid to say anything. You know how that can be, around a bunch of hard core Clayaholics. :cryingwlaughter: And she was knee deep in Clayland at the pre-party. Hee She said she could hardly understand a word he said. Especially during the 2nd medley and the banter between the girls. She said she was lost half the time and felt left out. She didn't understand why people found certain things funny. I guess she meant the inside fan stuff? She is just a casual fan from AI2. She isn't on the net or goes all over for multiple concerts. She has only been to two concerts. She loved the 1st one she went to. His solo tour for MOAM. She went to the Kansas State Fair concert with me. We had a blast.

Hope all goes well for Carolina and her family today. Nothing like being a Grand Ma Ma...... :clap:

{{{Hugs & kisses to jmh}}} just because I can relate to what you are going through with your mom. I still find it hard to discuss the subject, but I so understand.

So I'm getting really curious about the Christmas Concerts and what they will be like this year. I liked last years format a lot. True to form I tend to like whatever he's doing now and would rate the JNT's

1 2006

2 2005

3 2004

:XmasRed:

Where were we for that one? The 2004 tour? That's too far back for me to remember. :cryingwlaughter:

Was that the Council Bluffs/Kansas City leg, when Jacob walked out in the middle of the show? I was glad I got to see Clay sing Emmanuel for the first time. That was so amazing.

You know that is what my sister said. She went to the Tulsa concert with me. She only recently told me that she didn't enjoy it much at all, but was afraid to say anything. You know how that can be, around a bunch of hard core Clayaholics. :cryingwlaughter: And she was knee deep in Clayland at the pre-party. Hee She said she could hardly understand a word he said. Especially during the 2nd medley and the banter between the girls. She said she was lost half the time and felt left out. She didn't understand why people found certain things funny.

It wasn't just your sister. I was at Tulsa and even being an inside Clay fan I didn't get most of it. I think where I was sitting the acoustics were horrible. I think of the 20-sumpin' concerts I've been to, that was my least favorite, for that reason. Plus I'd forgotten my binoculars. Couldn't see, couldn't hear. It was so frustrating. :( But at first I really thought it was me...like maybe I was getting old and losing my hearing or something.

Mondays SUCK!! I'm so not ready for another work week.

Caro, saying a prayer and sending happy thoughts your way for a safe delivery and a healthy baby boy and Mom. I'll be thinking about you and your daughter at 1:30. I am so happy for you all!

Thank you, ClaysFayevorite, and all who have left messages here, in my blog, and on the candle page. Last night I read Jen some of your comments, and and she continues to be impressed with her mother's Clay Aiken friends. :wub:

:welcome: to FCA, ClaysFayevorite! I know you will enjoy life over here. :)

As Play wrote, we're on baby watch. I'm waiting for a decent hour in Texas to get the new room/phone number for my daughter. That is going to be one crazy lesson I teach at the scheduled arrival time this afternoon. :lol:

Have a wonderful day, all! :allgood:

Caro listen.gif

pps. That TBAF sale for 24-disk CD/DVD case for $2 is very timely. I'm making it my goal to create enough DVD's to fill it up and will find a way for everyone here who buys one this weekend to get hers filled up too. PM if you got one. (uh, with Clack from JBT forward)

:sayitagain: It's not nice to tease the newbies...

I d/l Scarlett's excellent FtMyers Xvid and can't get the DVD to burn :scream:

what huh??? I cant get into the BAF store anywhere from my home, any computer or any browser!!!!!! so I cant buy one or anything else.....

wahhhhhh

Shoot. I woke up this morning - it was 69 degrees people. 69 degrees. 70% humidity. Blue skies. This is as perfect as Houston weather gets. And I gotta go to work. Blech.

Tulsa? I think it was in the top five worse venues I've been in - the fucking lack of air conditioning (that ALONE was a sin and a shame) - the orchestra was meh, the fact when Scarlett and Solo first passed by it, they thought it was some kind of penal institution, the wasy the seating was jammed up in there, the acoustics really were bad and I think I was in the second row. It didn't help that this came right after Jones Hall in Houston.

Clay was wonderful as usual - but it was distracting for me.

I have to confess once my child passed 20, I don't get mommy moments - I just tend to assume everybody is fine. I hear from him once every couple of weeks and he and I are good. But then I'm one of those horrible children who don't check in with my mother - and am still mildly annoyed that she checks up on me.

Hey, did y'all know there is a poll at the OFC, created by the mods, asking who would be interested in a limited edition Clay bobble head doll being available at the OFC store? They are looking for input.....

I took my mom to the JNT04 and she complained that she couldn't understand much of Clay's banter, but I think that was more because she wasn't used to his accent (and his quick way of speaking) than anything to do with the acoustics at the Detroit Masonic Temple. I know I would find it incredibly frustrating if I couldn't understand the banter because of acoustics.

Sorry some people had a bad experience in Tulsa. I love the banter that I have listened to from that show, it is hilarious! Of the laughing out loud while I am walking down the street wearing my iPod brand of hilarious. :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by luckiest1

Hey, did y'all know there is a poll at the OFC, created by the mods, asking who would be interested in a limited edition Clay bobble head doll being available at the OFC store? They are looking for input.....

I took my mom to the JNT04 and she complained that she couldn't understand much of Clay's banter, but I think that was more because she wasn't used to his accent (and his quick way of speaking) than anything to do with the acoustics at the Detroit Masonic Temple. I know I would find it incredibly frustrating if I couldn't understand the banter because of acoustics.

Sorry some people had a bad experience in Tulsa. I love the banter that I have listened to from that show, it is hilarious! Of the laughing out loud while I am walking down the street wearing my iPod brand of hilarious. :cryingwlaughter:

Crap! You mean I have to log into the message board? *heavy sigh* The things I do for swag.

I WANT ONE!!!

ME TOO!!! Especially since I never got one of the original ones.....

Oh and another thing I learned today is that our memberships are expiring and we are supposed to be getting a mass email soon about the re-up. I had totally forgotten about that!