#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Yeah windstar2 another Texan! Maybe one day I will get to meet most of you in person.

I hope so too.

Wind... bragging is unbecoming in a FCA personage... hee hee I wanna see your bigger tractors...

Ohhh, I wasn't bragging, honest. And I'd rather see ClayAiken's big tractor.

I think they have about 250 people coming to the party from different boards, so it should be a lot of fun (although this summer I looked in vain for Texwriter at the huge San Diego party so maybe we will need some way to recognize each other!)

I was one of the peeps you met looking for Texwriter. You were sitting at the table across of me at the San Diego preparty. And liney23 was sitting at the table directly behind me.

We happened to wind up in line by each other at the Tulsa busline!!! It was so great to meet you, Windstar!!

AAIT - I'm glad we met too. If I get out your way this Fall, we will have to get together.

On topic, would like to see Clay in a football jersey now. Those Leno pics are great by the way.

He lookd great in the jerseys, but I want to see him in some football pants!!!!

:cryingwlaughter: Honestly, I don't ever look at Clay's crotch except, for the waldo pictures and clack when it is pointed out. When I see him live I never leave his face.

This is me too except for the concert at The Greek where there were a couple of times I looked. Well, he was standing right in front of me and that stage was high so I had to look somewhere .... right?

Windstar...what do you do with 500 acres? Damn, that's a lot of land to take care of..I may have missed the story in the 50 pages of posts this morning, because I didn't feel good last night and went to bed early.

Hope you feel better today. You didn't miss anything about the land. In Texas, our place is rather small. We run cattle on our land. If you ever go to the Clayboard and check out my profile page there, I have some pics of our animals.

I have had to miss two of Clay's concerts due just to timing. JNT04 and JNT06. He didn't come anywhere close to TX for those shows and I just couldn't travel those times. I did get to go to JNT05 in Council Bluffs and Kansas City and if everything goes as planned, I should be able to go to the Wichita show this season. I hate missing a Clay tour.

Love all the talk and stories in here.

shadylil, I forgot to answer your question awhile back. Rebels is still there, but most members have moved on. It's pretty much dead there. I always thought they did a fabulous job on their site. Very pretty and had nice extras. Like being able to have a picture of Clay in the reply box. You could stare at his face while typing a reply. *g* You could also pick your own picture of Clay and it would be in every post you made, as a background. Very pretty site. I think Maj has gone on for personal family reasons and DaDette has been allowed to take it over. I haven't been there in ages, because they stopped posting. It was never the same after EZBOARD had that major hacker attack and we lost so much of our stuff. I can't speak for everyone there, but most just went back to their real lives. I think they all love Clay, but were not crazy about the genre of music he has put out. It's not their cup of tea. If he comes out with a cd they like, I bet they will buy it. I think some of them are still lurking at different boards but not posting. I think jerrijan is a mod at Heartful House and a member here. I believe rubymoon is still around. Bamateacha1 went after a higher teacher's degree. Now there is one quick witted snarky lady. God she was so funny. I think my Arkansas buddies are still around. Little Hogbunny, who was the one that got reviled and called a liar for saying she saw Clay at the airport, (asshat people) is working at Disneyland and still a huge fan of Clay and AI in general. She's in college and will be something someday. You can tell. I think mainly it was just a general disappointment in the type music. You know, people like what they like. I can't blame them. That's just normal. I sure had some great times though. Talk about funny and snarky and smutty. I still get jokes from mrcoon. Boomerrules was a really beautiful lady, and smart as well. {{{Hell they all were}}}

Oh the banana bread recipe turned out good. Nice and moist, but I think it needed my idea of the chocolate added. Next time.

cha cha I downloaded LuAnn and thanks for that other cartoon. I don't recall it. I probably have it, though.

Okay. I need to go fry chicken. Yeah, I thought I would pig out reeeeeeal good before I start dieting again. :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by Clayzorback

Well, to add to the earlier discussion of memorable Clay double entendres, Clay did say during this recent tour, "ladies, size matters", although I can't remember which city it was and what the context was. To me, that's another piece of possible evidence in the "he so knows" column, although I can see where this could just be normal bawdiness, and catering to a more adult audience. Does anyone know the city and the context?

I thought it was Orlando during "When I See You Smile" when a bunch of people held up those light up smiley faces. And I thought he said "size doesn't matter" because Angela's and Quianna's were different sizes?

This is completely apropos of nothing being discussed - I have been watching an Ella Fitzgerald Masters of Music program on PBS - narrated by Tony Bennet.

I understand that usually Ella is on the Christmas compilation CD that was just released this year, and now Clay is on that CD.

Ella has a heavenly, ageless, pure voice. And there was footage of a show where she sang some country-western and soul very well indeed, but she said not to get excited, it was just for fun, and then started singing The Man I Love like a sweet jazz angel. Reminded me of someone.

Anyway, In MY Very Own Opinion, anyone who is embarassed that Clay is on that CD, or feels he does not belong there, has no musical perspective and is only thinking of the career that they have mapped out for Clay as if he was a biddable pop boy.

Clay, if he wanted to, could easily sound just like Justin or Mayer or whoever - he has the ear and the instrument. But I believe he will be a classic voice, like the ones on that CD, and ya know, if Clay was on a CD with Manilow and Buble and Bolton and the like - yep, I would be embarassed. But it is an honor and an omen that he is included with the likes of Sinatra and Bennett and Torme. Seriously.

Yeah, those are very long shoes, and IMO again, the reason his pants cuffs droop down over the heel of his shoes is to break up the visual, and is clever, not sloppy.

heee...I heard a blurb for the Emmys on E! that said Ryan is not funny, he can't sing, he can't act, can't dance - but will be host. I do think he and/or his agent are gonna experience overkill blowback real soon, and, really, his swift ascent has sorta trivialized whatever niches he is bent on filling. He is boring and cheesy and unoriginal.

I don't usually bother with the throwing tomatos thingy, but since there was a dearth of tomatoes at the grocery store today, dissenters could just, um, overnight some to me - I promise they will be devoured very thoughtfully!

Edited by djs111

WORD DJs...I;m sure Clay is very honored to be in that compilation...

Speaking of the Emmy's ...I created a thread in the specials/award show section of the TV forum...

Emmy Thread this is a place to chat as the show happens so it is full of spoilers...those that do not want to know early results do not go to this thread.

I might check it out...but getting sleepy pretty early tonight...

THIS IS THE NIGHT! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Sometime this evening my daughter's son will be delivered. Her blood pressure and uric acid levels have been elevated all weekend, and this morning her doctor set in motion plans to proceed with delivery this evening. The baby is 35 weeks and 5 days old. Guess we will have a little Virgo instead of a Libra. :)

We appreciate your prayers and good thoughts. This is the candle site that Maddy established a few days ago: JenB.

Forgive me, but I have no idea what is being discussed. I have been on the phone for the past two hours. Have a great evening, FCA. I'm on pins and needles. :wub:

Caro listen.gif

windstar.. thanks I feel fine today. I guess 500 acres in Texas isn't very big but it sure sounds big to me.

djs111...I have tomatoes growing in my back yard as we speak. They are slowing down but still have quite a few. Nothing like a homegrown sweet tomato and much to good to throw them. Ella had a voice like no other and it was such a treat to hear that sweet sound.

Speaking of the long flat shoes...when I was in Russia last year they wore those king of shoes, very different. Not being a shoewhore I really didn't know if they were in style. Maybe it's a European kind of thing.

Well, to add to the earlier discussion of memorable Clay double entendres, Clay did say during this recent tour, "ladies, size matters", although I can't remember which city it was and what the context was. To me, that's another piece of possible evidence in the "he so knows" column, although I can see where this could just be normal bawdiness, and catering to a more adult audience. Does anyone know the city and the context?

I thought it was Orlando during "When I See You Smile" when a bunch of people held up those light up smiley faces. And I thought he said "size doesn't matter" because Angela's and Quianna's were different sizes?

I think you are right! Thanks for the clarification (although given the Kim Locke matter, "clarification" could be a loaded word here!). So, it was size doesn't matter; still, in IMO, a knowing double entendre.

Good thoughts for Caro and daughter and soon-to-be grandchild.

So has anybody missed me or at least the countdown? The cat bit through the mouse cord this morning and I was gone all day (open house at the library to show off our renovations) and I just now got the new mouse hooked up.

It seems you were all busy looking at purty pictures of boyfriend; loved how he looked on Leno.

Carolina Clay Sending many prayers for a safe delivery for your daughter and her son. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Kim

Caro, I will keep your daughter and grandson in my thoughts and prayers.

JMH, I agree with you about Clay being included on the Crooner's Christmas CD. I got my 2 that I ordered yesterday. There are a couple on there that I've never been crazy about, but I recognize their place in music history. Dean Martin was my mother's Clay I think.

So, it was size doesn't matter; still, in IMO, a knowing double entendre.

Oh, ab-so-lute-ly! He's very quick and ever so naughty... :eusa_whistle:

Caro - congrats!

Edited by spikesmom

Greg Evans did a great job of drawing Clay. He mentions RedJetJan too - are they related?

ENJOY!!

I'm pretty sure they aren't. She had moderated the chat that Greg had at RHT and I think they met at some Clay function. As I remember, Greg went to something like a CD release party and had a great time.

Thanks for the answer to that lilyshine!

Congrats to Caro!! Having grandchildren must be exciting - I'm still waiting!

Sometime this evening my daughter's son will be delivered. Her blood pressure and uric acid levels have been elevated all weekend, and this morning her doctor set in motion plans to proceed with delivery this evening. The baby is 35 weeks and 5 days old. Guess we will have a little Virgo instead of a Libra. :)

We appreciate your prayers and good thoughts. This is the candle site that Maddy established a few days ago: JenB.

Forgive me, but I have no idea what is being discussed. I have been on the phone for the past two hours. Have a great evening, FCA. I'm on pins and needles. :wub:

Caro listen.gif

Aww, Caro. All my good thoughts and wishes are headed for Texas tonight. All will be well. bighug.gif

Caro listen.gif

I can just imagine how exciting and nerve wracking this is for you...good luck...congratulations and looking forward to your update.

So has anybody missed me or at least the countdown? The cat bit through the mouse cord this morning and I was gone all day (open house at the library to show off our renovations) and I just now got the new mouse hooked up.

It seems you were all busy looking at purty pictures of boyfriend; loved how he looked on Leno.

Carolina Clay Sending many prayers for a safe delivery for your daughter and her son. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Kim

Yup I noticed...welcome back to cyber space

Just talked with Jen, and the time has been moved to 1:30 p.m. CDT tomorrow ... when I will be trying to teach a cello lesson in High Point! YIKES!!! :lol:

I read my daughter some of your comments here and from the JenB candle page, and she was amazed. We appreciate your prayers, good thoughts, and kindnesses. :wub:

While the rest of us are on pins and needles, Jen is truly the calmest member in our family. :)

Thnx again, FCA!

Caro listen.gif

Carolina Clay There is nothing so wonderful as a grandchild--all that love and no responsiblity!!

I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

Speaking of the gutter mind of the audience, and Clay's response to it ... how about this one from Tampa .... the infamous "I got your stool" rap .... He's irresistably cute here ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuGKhGSjLWg&NR=1

Edited by keepingfaith

Speaking of the gutter mind of the audience, and Clay's response to it ... how about this one from Tampa .... the infamous "I got your stool" rap .... He's irresistably cute here ...

Now that is why Without You Tampa was kinda ruined by Clay laughing...he really couldn;t stop all through that song and too bad cos he was in great voice.

That was such a cute clip! This tour and the last have had the best banter. That's why even though I loved the JBT for the music, I would rank the last two tours as more fun just because we got to see more of Clay's personality.