#17: The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• .ni tif ot ecin os s'tI. driew adink lla er'uoy kniht I.
    • There's a soft rawness to his tone.
    • He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!
    • He's like a chameleon in a kaleidoscope.
    • Let Clay Aiken take you back.
    • I volunteer to polish his balls for him. I bet that would make his putter stand up on end.
    • Blog me Baby!!!
    • I am no-account cover lover.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: cindilu2 for the new avatar....I've loved almost ALL his looks on Leno (except for that hideous Christmas outfit, I'm sorry but I always thought a blue jacket and brown plaid pants do NOT go together....), so this is a good one for me for a bit....

New thread title poll is at the top of the page...

Off to prevent being sporked....couchie, I definitely resemble your earlier remark, but I don't think you have to worry this time.

BTW, my leg is still in a shambles today. I've got a brace on both my knee and my ankle, and there are times when I can barely walk. I think a day of just resting will be good for me.

I probably, not sure, wouldn't have been watching rewind if not for Clay and the narrating. I've heard others say the same thing. It seems having Clay narrate was a smart thing to do. I'm proud of the job he's done. Maybe it will be healing for the fandom when it's all said and one. He sure was a cutie with a voice that made me want to be a teenager again. LOL!!!!! The "it" factor. That really is what it's all about. I never followed anyone's career before, so this was all a very, new experiece for me. I never knew what hit me. I'm going to enjoy the rewind. I just know I am, and I hope that new people see it and fall in love with him just as we did almost 5 years ago. He certainly is turning out to be a handsome man, too. So much talent , so much charisma, so much "it".

In my silliness, I have been driving around for about a week with this CD listening over and over, so I know I love 8 and 7 is a runner up and 11 sucks the big one (too much laughing during this song), but I thought the names would be copied on to the CD (It has been a while since I used this particular software to make a CD - and ..no.. only track numbers - where is my original list? At Home - where I won't be until Monday night - Where am I? At the beach. So I can give you track numbers as recommedations, but not names. Track numbers do not align to songs.

play - I realize this doesn't help you NOW.... but does your CD player play mp3 discs? With my CD burner (nero) the names appear on the disc if I burn a "data" disc (i.e. mp3 disc) but not if I burn an "audio" disc. I recently rejoiced when my CD player in the van malfunctioned so I could get a new one that had both mp3 functionality (whew - big word for this early in the day!) and an auxilary connection for my ipod. (then I had to get a new ipod!! heee - there's no method to my madness - no - none at all!!)

Anyhow - that's my story and I'm stickin to it!! :whistling-1:

Here is one I did a couple years ago:

then-now.gif

I haven't done any since he changed his hair.

I like this one:

rs-ama.gif

There are a couple more on this page:

THEN & NOW

AI Rewind was really entertaining - I don't remember if I watched it all from the very beginning -- but a couple years ago, a friend lent me the whole thing on video tape, and I went thru and copied the whole thing, taking out (most of) the commercials. It was painstakingly slow, or seemed like it, but I did the whole thing. (twice) I am checking it out now to see how the narration was.

OK - it was Ryan doing the narrating, maybe they couldn't afford him this time! Also, I watched the Atlanta part at the very beginning, when Clay says "camped out under the peach trees" (Ryan said the same thing) but in the original, there was no clip of Clay waking in the room! I wonder if that was part of the deal?

So........ I can't wait to see if they add extra clips of Clay in the Atlanta auditions next week!! That would be OUTSTANDING!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Maybe they thought it would just be too repetitive to have Ryan do it, and decided it might be good for ratings to change it up and spice it up a bit. They certainly knew a lot of people would be watching it for the second time since it was the most popular season.

It had the most popular finale..I don't know if it was the most popular season. Other seasons had better ratings. But with Ruben and Clay, there was supense involved in the finale and I don't know if we've had that again since then.

Ryan has a lot of shit on his plate..but I also think utilizing Ruben and Clay was just plain smart. I personally feel Idol knows and appreciates Clay's contribution to their show.

Hey canucky, recognizing that I'm on pacific time and they are just going into the back nine, your boy Mike Weir is just wiping out my boy Tiger Woods. I've been screaming at Tiger but it doesn't seem to help his putting. Good luck winning those 10 matches and we need luck winning out 3. Internationals rock today! Too bad they got so far down yesterday, they would have had a great chance to pull this out.

GO USA

Edited by Toots

I made both those morphs :imgtongue:

Cindi, I didn't know you made those morphs! You did a great job. They're making the rounds of the boards, and I thought it might be nice to share them here. I like your other morphs, too!

It's a gorgeous fall day here in Colorado. We have blue, sunny skies, and temperatures in the upper 70's. And I'm attending a wedding later today, for someone a few of you might remember - ValerieWarriorPrincess. It's going to be an outdoor wedding, and I'm happy that the weather is cooperating so well!

Hey canucky, recognizing that I'm on pacific time and they are just going into the back nine, your boy Mike Weir is just wiping out my boy Tiger Woods. I've been screaming at Tiger but it doesn't seem to help his putting. Good luck winning those 10 matches and we need luck winning out 3. Internationals rock today! Too bad they got so far down yesterday, they would have had a great chance to pull this out.

GO USA

I'm such a homie that I'm just thrilled beyond words that Mike is playing so well. I'm about to burst with pride! I lurve him. I know we won't win today - I'm the eternal optimist but the U.S. team is just too far ahead -- but GO MIKEY!!!!! :clap:

:cry4:

mikey, mikey, mikey

Tears of Joy? Tears of Pain? He's 1 down in my time zone and just put a ball pretty close to the pin. Oh shit, Tiger just missed his putt. Well so did Mikey! This is so exciting! Your prey, Ernie, just won his match. In other news, I'd stalk Retief in a new york minute.

ldyj, hope your wounded leg & foot feel better. Congratulations on your contribution and not getting sporked. I think Clay's spork is really, really big.

Edited by Toots

It's a gorgeous fall day here in Colorado. We have blue, sunny skies, and temperatures in the upper 70's. And I'm attending a wedding later today, for someone a few of you might remember - ValerieWarriorPrincess. It's going to be an outdoor wedding, and I'm happy that the weather is cooperating so well!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee tell her congrats..well in a few weeks. heee have fun at the wedding.

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey :clap::clap::clap:

Canucky He did it for Canada! I'm proud of him too because we didn't need Tiger's win.

Canada :04: USA :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

CG, congratuations on the Phillies win... :balloons:

I forgot to mention this earlier -- EEEEEE for VWP! I've met her a few times, and remember her as a fan of Star Trek as well as a fan of Clay. I also remember meeting her -- and asking her when she was going to finish that beautiful smut story! I don't think she ever did, though. Wah.

aikim is probably going to shoot me....but GO PHILLIES!!! *g*

Ooooh, look at the thread title poll. We might have to have a run-off election. But there's still time!

Hey couchie can still celebrate the Phillies win. Jimmy Rollins - who SHOULD be the NL MVP - is from Oakland!

Ok, I have less than 3 hours to do all my songs and do my laundry before the Eagles play! Better get going!

ETA: YAY Ldyj!!!!! You obviously know who to root for!

Edited by Claygasm

Hey couchie can still celebrate the Phillies win. Jimmy Rollins - who SHOULD be the NL MVP - is from Oakland!

And, with that triple today, he set an incredible record: 20 Doubles, 20 Triples, 20 Homeruns, 20 Stolen Bases - only the 3rd player to do so in Major League history.

Congratulations Phillies! :04:

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey :clap:

Canucky He did it for Canada! I'm proud of him too because we didn't need Tiger's win.

Canada :04: USA :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

CG, congratuations on the Phillies win... :balloons:

Now they're tears of pride. Oh my! I had to leave for a stinkin baby shower when Mikey was 1 down with two to play. I just got home and watched the tape and saw Mikey's win. Oh.My.God. I am so freaking proud of him.

Mikey is just right up there with Clay baby today! :clap:

Congrats on U.S.A.'s win of the cup!!! :balloons:

Me too! EEEEEEEEEE!

I read elsewhere that some didn't think it really sounded like Clay at first. I'm sitting here thinking ... Whaaaaaaaat? Sorry but how could anyone NOT know that voice?

Make that three..and yep I'd know that voice anywhere!!