#17: The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• .ni tif ot ecin os s'tI. driew adink lla er'uoy kniht I.
    • There's a soft rawness to his tone.
    • He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!
    • He's like a chameleon in a kaleidoscope.
    • Let Clay Aiken take you back.
    • I volunteer to polish his balls for him. I bet that would make his putter stand up on end.
    • Blog me Baby!!!
    • I am no-account cover lover.

I'm with you, jamar. His voice is so distinctive. I watched it again this afternoon. I can't get enough! Now I'm reviewing Houston clack for another project I'm working on (video this time). God he looked good that night, didn't he? I can't wait for the Christmas tour. One song that I really hope he revises this time around is O Holy Night. It came up on my iPod this morning and it blew me away all over again. Probably my favourite Christmas song of all time, too. Never had what I considered a great version of it, though, until MCWL came out.

[sv]I think golf is as boring as watching paint dry.[/sv]

Edited by luckiest1

I couldn't wait for rewind to come on our local fox station tonight at 11pm, so I tape the show at 1:30am on a station that comes in very snowy on my TV. It did not effect the audio, and that was all I wanted to hear. Now I will retape the show tonight so I have a good picture along with good audio. My friend wants to badly see it but can not stay up that late, so I will have a descent video. Of course I new if I waited till tonight I would not see it to tomorrow evening because I have to be to work at 7am and I work 12 hours .

Julia did look alot different now, but Frenchie has not change much. I thought Rueben looked good.

Ahhhhh.....I'd know that snarky little voice anywhere!!!! I'm loving this! I missed all the first few shows of AI2 because I didn't start watching until people kept telling me about this guy called "Clay" that was so great. So--these rehearsals are new to me. BAD. Clay did a hell of a lot better singing Baby got Back!!

EEEEEEEEEEE! AIR on WGN Chicago RIGHT NOW!!!!!

I love listening to Clay do this naration!

Me too! EEEEEEEEEE!

I read elsewhere that some didn't think it really sounded like Clay at first. I'm sitting here thinking ... Whaaaaaaaat? Sorry but how could anyone NOT know that voice?

**raises hand**

Seriously. I didn't recognize his voice at first. And during the show I kept forgetting that it was him. I mean, I didn't doubt it was him, but he just sounded 'different' to me. I guess I'm used to hearing him banter, and the natural rythym of his voice and his southern drawl.

I guess I need to go find a cave to hide in now.

Edited: because even I don't know what a douthern drawl sounds like.

Edited by Bookwhore

EEEKS! My Fox affiliate thought it was important to show the entire professional bull riding show (yes, really), so I missed the first fifteen minutes or so of AIR. I did hear plenty of "Comin' up's ", though, so EEEEEEEEE!

And it will only take 3 and a half hours to download the file from the vault - that puppy is big! :fca:

{{{{Bookwhore}}}}

I didn't quite recognize him at first, honestly....but it only took me about 10 seconds before the lightbulb went off. And then it was like "wow, that's Clay. He sounds cool." It is weird hearing him do scripted voice-over work, but yet there was some of "him" there too -- his inflections more than anything else.

I'm still smiling from watching, and I can watch it again in a half hour. Plus I need to get the download too!

{{{{bottlecap}}}}} Patience is a bitch, isn't it?

He sounds exactly the same (to me) as he does on LTS audio book, and Ugly Duckling, to me. Professional Clay, for sure - but there's enough of 'him' in there to make me grin. He's playing the role of narrator perfectly - it's not really supposed to be about them, after all. Bravo, Clay!

Congrats to the Phillies and their fans! Condolences to the Mets and their fans.

Looks like the Cubs are going to be playing in Arizona on Wednesday...two days to relax before the nail biting starts again.

Just finished watching AIR, Clay was wonderful, but honestly, if it wasn't for him narrating, I probably would have turned it off after 10 minutes...found the whole show rather boring.

Kim

As I said over on OFC I forgot it was Clay. He just became the narrator which is the biggest compliment I can give him. A good narrator should blend into the background and enhance the show, not be the focus of it. As much as we would like it to be, this show is not about Clay Aken but American Idol.

I think he did a great job....but then I am a tad biased!

Besides Clay's narrating I liked the guy with the deflated penis err.. arrow the best. Liked his 2007 snarky interview lots. :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by woo lovereyes

I've been playing around in KarenEh's smugmug albums today. Girl, you do good work. Tasty.gif

It'll always be the Doing Clay Aiken Tour to me!

SummerTour4.gif

(wallpaper)

th_SummerTour.jpg

cindilu that is so cool. The morphs you posted were fabulous! :clap:

There was a morphing gif of Clay/Elvis posted ages ago. Does anyone have it? I can't find it.

Loved the wallpaper and the morphs, cindilu2! (And could I shamelessly beg for a widescreen version of the wallpaper?????)

Finally saw AIR too. Nice job of narrating. I would sure know that voice, but I suspect the average man on the street wouldn't have a clue who that was. And the credit at the end was so tiny. Frankly, most people watching probably don't care who the narrator is.

Who watches this show anyway???

I enjoyed it - with or without Clay's narration. I LOVED season 2 - and not just because of Clay. It was AI before it lost its innocence. It was fun revisiting it.

I have one more song to pick. I have it narrowed down to 3 choices. I still don't know what I am looking for, but I WILL post my song choices before midnight lest I get sporked!

Finally home! Whew...been running between soccer and softball games all weekend and just got home about an hour ago. Still haven't seen the rewind...Couchie, has it aired here? Is it going to air again? :lilredani: I wanna hear Clay!

Oh, Gibby! Please tell VWP I love her and miss her and am soooooooo happy for her! :F_05BL17blowkiss: So glad the weather cooperated and hope you get pictures!

I'm pooped. Tomorrow is a staff retreat so we won't be in our offices all day, but it's work nonetheless...

Congrats to the Phillies! woo hoo! :clap: Cool story---the whole Phillies/Mets switcheroo in the standings...

I'm literally falling asleep here...

KANdre and all others wondering about my homework assignment: I hereby admit defeat. I do NOT have my ratings for MOAM ready. I DID, however, last night listen to mucho MOAMs (with headphones on while sitting with the family as they watched tv) and, while I do NOT have detailed rankings, commentary prepared, I can make some basic recommendations, which I will do in the appropriate thread.

Just wanted to put it out there....I'll take my sporking with Clay music, please. :imgtongue:

Phew! Homework is done and I can sleep safe tonight!!!

Those bloody handprints skeered me last night!

I had nothing profound to say about my recommendations, though. I don't sing and I can't play an instrument so my musical knowledge is generally based on what I like. To paraphrase what the lady from the winery in Temecula told Ansa, couchie, KAndre and I, if I liked it it was good shit, if I didn't it was bad shit.

'Night all!

VWP's wedding was beautiful, and she was GORGEOUS. Her new hubby is handsome and hunky, and sweet, too. We all had a great time socializing, eating and drinking after the wedding! I knew that a few people here would remember her.

But, since I spent so much time at the wedding, I didn't get my recommendations completely done. :naughtywag: I could post what I have now, but it will be more complete if I post tomorrow. I'll get them posted in the afternoon. The sporker :afteryou: won't be able to get all of the way to Colorado before I have my recommendations posted, anyway! :tongue57:

I'm listening to that voice right now on with my little earbuds and he's so darn good at this. But dammit it's the same as every time I hear him (or see him)....I want more. I want to see next weeks show tomorrow. The fact that we didn't know about it until this week, just makes me grin from ear to ear.

So does the fact that the beautiful Valerie got married today. Gibby, wish her all the best from me, please, the next time you see her! I'm so happy she had a beautiful day.

KarehEh :sorry: you had to miss the proceedings. Did you resolve your passport problems?

Yep, I figured it out. I can do it when I go up there in December and pay extra to get them expedited. Was it you Toots who asked me about the dog a while back? He's coming along....I could never give him up.

cindilu2, Glad you liked the pix and I love your morphs and the wallpaper! Could a person grovel and beg you for a new avatar? Perhaps? Maybe? I was digging around in My Pictures last night trying to come up with a new photo to make into an avatar and I couldn't come up with anything I wanted to use. All my 2 dimensional pix just seemed to lie there...going ho hum. Anything at all that moves, morphs or makes a good cup of coffee.....pretty please?? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I got everything turned in that was supposed to be turned in yesterday and I found this yummy Italian restaurant today where John and I had dinner tonight. Life was very good. I think I have to get some shots tomorrow. Life won't be as good then, but tonight I am still in Tortellini heaven. **A note to the eHP we HAVE to have dinner or lunch or something at this place.**

I'd bet Clay is remembering some nice tortellini here, too....

202603156-M.jpg

Edited by Karen Eh?

Anyone want to tell them?
Tell them what?

That they aren't going to risk it...

---

For the second weekend in a row I have to say...

WTF did my weekend go? :idk:

Oh well now that my baseball season is over ( :sad52: ) maybe I'll start a few projects around the house or something. *sigh*

[baseball] is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. You count on it, you rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then, just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops.

~A. Bartlett Giamatti~

Edited by jamar1700

I don't remember that opera singer guy at all.

I didn't watch the auditions, so I don't remember him either - but he reminded me of the guy in the British version of the talent show - the guy has a fabulous opera voice, his CD is now out, and it is called "One Chance". That's all he needed! I saw a snippet from when he auditioned, and then to see him giving us a fine "Nessun Dorma", tux, orchestra behind him, makes me tear up a bit. And I am quite cynical.

The Amazon blurb for his CD is

Former call phone salesman, cancer survivor and now Britians Got Talent winner Paul Potts has spent most of his life feeling insignificant and bullied, but says that his voice was always his one true friend, a voice that Simon Cowell calls simply magical.

Simon seems much nicer on British TV.

Claygasm said:

Finally saw AIR too. Nice job of narrating. I would sure know that voice, but I suspect the average man on the street wouldn't have a clue who that was. And the credit at the end was so tiny. Frankly, most people watching probably don't care who the narrator is.

Who watches this show anyway???

Well, I got two phone calls, one from my cousin in Pittsburgh (who is decidedly just okay with Clay, he is just not on her radar), and from my sister in Bradenton (not so much an intense fan anymore, but will buy any CD he puts out there) - they both recognised his voice and wanted to tell me about it in case I missed it.

This show seems to be on at odd times when people may just be channel-surfing, so while it may not be planned-for-must-see-TV, I think it catches the casual viewer and perhaps part of that huge regular audience for the series.

Edited by djs111