#17: The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• .ni tif ot ecin os s'tI. driew adink lla er'uoy kniht I.
    • There's a soft rawness to his tone.
    • He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!
    • He's like a chameleon in a kaleidoscope.
    • Let Clay Aiken take you back.
    • I volunteer to polish his balls for him. I bet that would make his putter stand up on end.
    • Blog me Baby!!!
    • I am no-account cover lover.

Ok, I'm catching up from the weekend that wasn't (online that is) and just about :lmaosmiley-1: of the eHP get together... BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter: Glad everyone survived!

I have not watched AIR yet. I had 10 minutes between commitments this weekend to learn how to use a tivo for the first time and couldn't find the show. Figured out later that I look at FOX instead of KTLA... GRRRR at myself! I will have to download... sigh!

cindilu... loved the morphs! :clap: Thanks!

I made my recommendations but still haven't had the time to make MP3's of them. Hope KAndre's spork is tolerant for partial completions.... :whistling-1:

Congrats, Phillys and USA!

Clay's "preacher/teacher" intonation and enunciation gives me a giggle as heard on AI Rewind the other night. I used to say his alter ego was Miss Jane Hathaway! I loved her on The Beverly Hillbillies- "Oh, Jethro!"

I've been off the boards pretty much, still dealing with health issues, but one day at a time. Xena , where are you? Or are you "mee"? What do you call yourself here? I'm talking about that wild and crazy gal from Winnipeg!

I had a random thought the other day- have we ever seen Clay's bare shoulders? Guess not. I posted that elsewhere and berkeley suggested an "art shot" of Clay be taken, bare , just from the shoulder blades up , his face in profile. I nearly swooned just imagining it! :hubbahubba:

Oh! I'm going to Lincoln Center and then to "The Color Purple" with Fanty the next day. Who all here is going?

Edited by Divayenta

Accents can fluctuate, depending on environment. Clay definitely has one, but I think he sometimes exaggerates it for comic effect. However, in a professional situation in which clarity is imperative, it makes sense that he'd dial it down significantly.

I found his narration pleasantly expressive, with just the right measure of wry amusement in his tone. I absolutely believe he read to script, but I still think there's also lot of his personality in his inflection.

My sense is that the producers want his narration to give the show a more personal, "insider" feel to it. I believe that's why they highlight his credit so prominently in the beginning. It will be interesting to see how his involvement develops over the season.

I had a random thought the other day- have we ever seen Clay's bare shoulders? Guess not. I posted that elsewhere and berkeley suggested an "art shot" of Clay be taken, bare , just from the shoulder blades up , his face in profile. I nearly swooned just imagining it! :hubbahubba:

MEEMEEMEEMEEMEEMEEEEEEEEEEE!! :PickMe-1: I hereby officially volunteer my services. I swear can do it without passing out or anything like that....okay....maybe something like that.....but I'd recover quick! WOW! What a visual. Thank you for your randomness....(randimosity just doesn't sound right.)

mee is here......'cept she's zena, not xena (I think her sons pointed out the lack of Greekness in her spelling but she's here, silver blade and all.)

In the "how false things sure get spread around" category, get this. Last night as we're pulling into the garage after our dinner out, I was telling John about the Kim Locke "Reunited" tour thing that isn't happening, the uproar surrounding it, and then Clay's blog to put it to rest. I was in the middle of the story when what do I hear emanating from the radio in John's car......Randy Jackson on his syndicated radio countdown telling his audience the come next summer Kim, Clay and Ruben would he hitting the road on tour "Reunited - 5 Years Later." This came after Daughtry's new song and I think he mentioned that AI2 Rewind was just starting. Not sure. But....gawd! You just have to laugh at all this stuff. :wacko:

Toots, the company uses an agent to all that visa stuff for us, and they'll be paying for the expedited passports, too. I have to learn how to grease the wheels where I'm going. I understand common practice to get through the day there.

OMG! It's four o'clock already and I've done squat all day.

ETA: Thanks cindilu2 for my new avi!!! MUAH! I did something important today after all....uploading is hard work, much harder than downloading any day.

Edited by Karen Eh?

Oh Lordy, here we go again. *deep, deep sigh* I guess Randy will be the evil satan this go 'round? Is there any hoping that you were the only person to hear that, KarenEh?

No, didn't think so.

Okay, so I just had a look at that SummerTour wallpaper I posted last night. I have no clue wtf kind of size that is, :blink: and my only excuse is temporary insanity from hours of staring at purdy pics. Heheh. Ooops

Here are a normal (1024x768) and a wide screen (1280x800) version.

th_SummerTourReg.jpg th_SummerTourWide.jpg

Edited by cindilu2

Hello, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

"Pick a little, talk a little ... cheep, cheep, cheep ... talk a lot, pick a little more ... " My life this week seems to be based on that song except the words are more like: "Do a little tax, teach a little ... blog, blog, blog ... teach a lot, tax a little more ... " :lol:

You get the idea. I've been reading along and enjoying your conversations on occasional breaks. I look forward to being back on schedule SOON. :P

:clap: Love the new morph and wallpaper Cindilu2! That's a perfect avatar for you -- KarenEh?

My blog features Cindy's gorgeous October calendar, as well as the dateless version. One reader said she is going to have to purchase a new printer just so she can have that pix. There again, Clay is the aiding the economy. :lol:

Come to think of it, I've ordered a camera. Have to learn how to use it before I meet my grandson! :rolleyes:

HappyBirthdaySingingHeart.gifIalreadyam!

Have a great evening, all! :nanadance:

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

OMG... Randy Jackson announcing the tour that isn't... if I wasn't already losing too much hair, I'd pull mine out! :cryingwlaughter:

Hopefully, Clay doesn't do that, his hair is so purdy! :Thud:

Life is a rollercoaster when you are a member of the ClayNation, isn't it? :cryingwlaughter:

Truth in jounalism just doesn't exist, plain and simple! Idjits!!! I guess Kim never put out a press release about the tour that isn't, so it still is. Sigh!

Today I changed my homemade calendar and am just going to keep looking at the People Mag laying on his side gorgeousness that is Clay... :Thud::Thud::Thud:

Carolina Clay, do you know when you are going to get to see your little guy? His parents will be lucky if you let them hold him at all when you finally get to him... :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by liney23

Random Clay content. I was looking for directions on how to disassemble a cd jewel case (trying to replace a broken case and preserve all the paper items lining the original) and came across a do it yourself video. The artist held up THIS cd and I laughed out loud. So unexpected.

Source: cd jewel case into art

Well, the video didn't work for me~I quite likely need to update my Flash. Butttt......what a cool website! Love it! Thanks for the link...

I know that "recommendations" are a sore spot for many this week but I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with those little DVD players that have the 7 -10 inch screens on them. I was thinking of getting one and was curious about battery life and things like that. I promise not to spork anyone's wounds.

In fact I can hand out Band Aids to the wounded who reply. Thankeweverymuch... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by Karen Eh?

I know that "recommendations" are a sore spot for many this week but I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with those little DVD players that have the 7 -10 inch screens on them. I was thinking of getting one and was curious about battery life and things like that.

I asked my kids for one for Christmas last year. I love the one they got me.

It's a Sony (Model DVP-FX810)

It has an 8 in swivel type screen, up to 6 hours of battery life, dual head phone jacks, AV cable, AC adapter and Car adapter. The ONLY drawback is that the audio doesn't play as loudly as most regular audio/visual media. It's fine if you have the head phones on or are using it while sitting at a desk or in bed (hee) but you may have trouble hearing it if you were across the room. 'Course you may have trouble seeing it from across the room too.

In general, I love it lots.

eta...well how typical lucky!

Edited by jamar1700

Have I been banned??? I just typed out a huge, incredibly interesting post with sexy, pics of Clay. never seen before Clack (just kidding) and it wouldn't let me post!!!

sniff

eta: Well, that worked!!!

Anyhoo!!

Happy, Happy Birthday to my friend, ialreadyam Love ya!!!!

Randy is an asshat for talking about the Reunited tour without checking to see if it was a fact - what a tool!

Jenna Liking golf??? You have incredibly good taste! :)

Edited by canuck2010

I finally had a chance to listen to parts of the original New York auditions. Obviously, it has been shortened, but most of the script read by Clay was exactly the same as was used in the original, corny jokes and all.

Are you sure? Cos the first part...the review seemed like it would be new. I thought they had some new people in this audition.

Great pictures cindilu.

Randy is an asshat for talking about the Reunited tour without checking to see if it was a fact - what a tool!

Do you think Randy got the info from the Billboard article or from someone who was involved in the non tour? It wouldn't be the first time he talked out of his ass.

He looks very happy in those pictures and I am very happy that he was invited to this event.

Kim

Great pictures cindilu.

Do you think Randy got the info from the Billboard article or from someone who was involved in the non tour? It wouldn't be the first time he talked out of his ass.

My guess would be the Billboard article cause that's "off-i-shul" dontcha know???

Jamar I LOVE that Clay was at that Jenna Bush shindig!!! I looked through all the pictures and he is really the only celeb pictured. Very cool! And he looks so happy! :)