#17: The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• .ni tif ot ecin os s'tI. driew adink lla er'uoy kniht I.
    • There's a soft rawness to his tone.
    • He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!
    • He's like a chameleon in a kaleidoscope.
    • Let Clay Aiken take you back.
    • I volunteer to polish his balls for him. I bet that would make his putter stand up on end.
    • Blog me Baby!!!
    • I am no-account cover lover.

Ansa, are you still working on the skins or is it my computer screen? The colors are just beautiful.

Nope haven't changed anything. Probably your screen.

merieee...I know what you mean...

I forgot to mention, I heard a random Clay mention earlier this evening on TV. They were showing a trailer for an upcoming episode of "Cane"...there was a group of people in a room (looked like a party) and one of the characters said "Guess who's coming to my club next week?" and a woman yelled, "Clay Aiken!" and everybody laughed. I wasn't really watching, but when I heard the name Clay Aiken my head swiveled around so fast I nearly broke my neck. :cryingwlaughter:

Oh well now that my baseball season is over ( :sad52: ) maybe I'll start a few projects around the house or something. *sigh*

[baseball] is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. You count on it, you rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then, just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops.

~A. Bartlett Giamatti~

Ah jamar! Most seasons that IS being a Phillies fan! But not this year!!!!!!! :04:

At least not yet........

But yeah, there are a lot of people who have actively left the fandom. Don't really blame them and many people here have come close. . But you don't need it to be a fan of Clay. I've long serpated the two in my mind.

Very true. Being a part of the online fandom and being a fan of Clay are two very different things. There have been times when I've been happier being the latter, rather than the former. In all honesty, there are still times when I question whether being an online fan is the right thing for me.

However, I still enjoy talking about Clay with people who have a similar appreciation. My real life doesn't offer me enough of those opportunities, so I keep getting pulled back in...

Yup. This is me. Whenever I think of getting on with my real life and leaving the online fandom, I miss talking about Clay. No one in my real life likes Clay.

Accents can fluctuate, depending on environment. Clay definitely has one, but I think he sometimes exaggerates it for comic effect. However, in a professional situation in which clarity is imperative, it makes sense that he'd dial it down significantly.

I found his narration pleasantly expressive, with just the right measure of wry amusement in his tone. I absolutely believe he read to script, but I still think there's also lot of his personality in his inflection.

My sense is that the producers want his narration to give the show a more personal, "insider" feel to it. I believe that's why they highlight his credit so prominently in the beginning. It will be interesting to see how his involvement develops over the season.

I knew I must have missed a credit! I also completely missed Ruben. I only missed a few minutes.....

In the "how false things sure get spread around" category, get this. Last night as we're pulling into the garage after our dinner out, I was telling John about the Kim Locke "Reunited" tour thing that isn't happening, the uproar surrounding it, and then Clay's blog to put it to rest. I was in the middle of the story when what do I hear emanating from the radio in John's car......Randy Jackson on his syndicated radio countdown telling his audience the come next summer Kim, Clay and Ruben would he hitting the road on tour "Reunited - 5 Years Later." This came after Daughtry's new song and I think he mentioned that AI2 Rewind was just starting. Not sure. But....gawd! You just have to laugh at all this stuff. :wacko:

:cryingwlaughter:

y, so I just had a look at that SummerTour wallpaper I posted last night. I have no clue wtf kind of size that is, :blink: and my only excuse is temporary insanity from hours of staring at purdy pics. Heheh. Ooops

Here are a normal (1024x768) and a wide screen (1280x800) version.

th_SummerTourReg.jpg th_SummerTourWide.jpg

Ooooooooo!!! Thanks for the widsescreen!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Found this link posted on CH by STPteach

UNICEF Ambassador and 'American Idol' star Clay Aiken attends a party to celebrate Jenna Bush's new book

Sooo....he was in New York today!

edited to insert name...

Oh dear......

Ok how long before the jacket gets recognized? JNT06?

More pics

http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.com/sou...p;p=7&tag=1

Hee I got in with no problem. I copied from the CH.

Oh dear.....

Some more pics!!! EEEEEEEEE!!! I love him!!! :wub:

http://www.filmmagic.com/SearchResult.aspx...iken&sfld=C

merrieee I get a screen where you have to log in to see the pics!!!! AAAAAKKk11!!! I want to see!!

Oh dear.......

Ok, scroll if you don't want someone to complain about how he looks......

I warned you.......

Read at your own risk......

IMO - HE LOOKS AWFUL!!!!!!!! He looks like an old man with a pot belly. His hair looks AWFUL!!!! Its all plastered to his head!

Look at those pictures which are next to the AMA pictures. He looks soooooooooooo HOT in the AMA pictures and so NOT in those latest ones.

God he just looks awful!!!

Why so often when he attends events like these does he look so bad when he can look so good???

I mean - just compare those pictures to the AMAs. Even to the DCAT pictures.

Oh dear...........

But I do still love him.

I love how he has his different looks for each occasion. This is definately his Mr. UNICEF Ambassador look as opposed to his "Hawt Rock God" look!

I know which one I prefer and I have a sneaking suspicion that Claygasm might agree with me*g*

Why so often when he attends events like these does he look so bad when he can look so good???

I mean - just compare those pictures to the AMAs. Even to the DCAT pictures.

Oh dear...........

But I do still love him.

I don't think he looks awful. I think he looks like Clay attending a function as Clay Aiken the person, and not Clay Aiken the singing sensation. AMAs and DCAT ... he was appearing as a pop star. At the UNICEF function, he looks like a serious adult.

Now I prefer the bangs in his face look, or the Snowflake hair, or the DCAT hair ... but he still has the DCAT hair .. it's just styled conservatively. He looks happy and that's always my first criteria. I'm willing to bet he'll look hot for Christmas!!!

Holy Smokes! Er, um, uh... The tie is nice! :blink:

Eeeps! It looks like he spent the last month in his basement media room playing Halo3 and subsisting on Mountain Dew and Krispy Kremes.

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

That made me laugh out loud!!!!

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

I just adore that he went to this party and he looks so happy to be there, that I am just going to have to forgive him the hair and the way he looks a bit ill-at-ease. I just think the guy dislikes getting his picture taken in forced situations like that. I really cannot think of any red carpet pics that I have loved of Clay. And he has said how he dislikes photo shoots. I have often thought our concert pics are the best ones because he is so comfortable on stage performing. and he just glows when he is with children.

Eeeps! It looks like he spent the last month in his basement media room playing Halo3 and subsisting on Mountain Dew and Krispy Kremes.

Um, Halo 3 was released only a week ago. Maybe Guitar Heroâ„¢ Encore: Rocks the 80sâ„¢?. ---- and I so wanna do him still!!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Been missing ya, BC! *searches for staples/glue (to keep you on the board)*

Um, Halo 3 was released only a week ago. Maybe Guitar Heroâ„¢ Encore: Rocks the 80sâ„¢?. ---- and I'll so do him still!!!

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: to both of you ladies!

Hmmm....wonder if the button on his REALLY screamed at him if he tried to button it?

I'll still do him. It's Clay.

Did anyone see the interview with Jenna on 20/20? She was fabulous! Committed, a giant heart, wit and intelligence and REAL. She's been doing fantastic work with AIDS afflicted kids in Jamaica for the past year. I loved her and wanted her to meet Clay. Now they have! She's engaged, though.

Ditto to that bottle!

I just adore that he went to this party and he looks so happy to be there, that I am just going to have to forgive him the hair and the way he looks a bit ill-at-ease. I just think the guy dislikes getting his picture taken in forced situations like that. I really cannot think of any red carpet pics that I have loved of Clay. And he has said how he dislikes photo shoots. I have often thought our concert pics are the best ones because he is so comfortable on stage performing. and he just glows when he is with children.

Oh definitely... we are catching him in his element -- on stage/performiing. I've always thought the same thing Scarlett.

CG -- heee don't you think it's a great thing that he looks great at the big events. Methinks stylists are involved in those..and regular old Clayton Aiken gets himself ready for these charity events.

Randy just reads the gossip sheet that he was handed. I'm sure he could give a damn about the reunion tour and whether it's true or not. And I'm also pretty sure he means no harm.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I bought my plane ticket to Minneapolis. It's official. I'm going broke for Clay Aiken once again eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Oy.

I think he looks fantastic. I'm sure y'all are surprised to know that.

Sorry, but I'll never understand the need to post ugly things about him. So have fun.

Later, gators.

I didn't say anything I would consider ugly about him.

Ugly things are attacks on who he is as a person, or telling lies about him - not saying superficial things like not liking his hair and how he looks in a picture.

Loving someone does not mean you love everything about them all time.

No one - even Clay - ALWAYS looks good.

I will never understand how some get so bent out of shape if someone dares to say anything not wonderful about Clay.

I think he looks awful. Does it mean I think he IS awful? Of course not. Does it mean I love him any less than you or anyone else? No, of course not.

It just means that in those particular pictures I think he looks awful.

And that is not saying ugly things about him. If you want to be reminded of what someone saying ugly thing about Clay sounds like, just remember the crap from last year.

Did anyone see the interview with Jenna on 20/20? She was fabulous! Committed, a giant heart, wit and intelligence and REAL. She's been doing fantastic work with AIDS afflicted kids in Jamaica for the past year. I loved her and wanted her to meet Clay. Now they have! She's engaged, though.

Hmmm. How very different from her father......

Um, Halo 3 was released only a week ago. Maybe Guitar Heroâ„¢ Encore: Rocks the 80sâ„¢?. ---- and I so wanna do him still!!!

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Damn, he looks like a happy man! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Um, Halo 3 was released only a week ago. Maybe Guitar Heroâ„¢ Encore: Rocks the 80sâ„¢?. ---- and I'll so do him still!!!

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: to both of you ladies!

Hmmm....wonder if the button on his REALLY screamed at him if he tried to button it?

I'll still do him. It's Clay.

:cryingwlaughter: Y'all are funny.

While I love it when the experts fix him up like AMAs :hubbahubba: , he's so endearing when he's being just a guy.