# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

Loved the blog! :cryingwlaughter: Teacher mode indeed! When is he NOT in teacher mode? :lol:

Sounds like he's going nuts trying to get this done, though....watch what you ask for....:lol:

Anywhooo....he pushed me over the edge, and I wrote like crazy and pressed "send". Probably for nothing, but what the hey. It'll be fun to know that he actually reads it.

Clay :F_05BL17blowkiss: you're awesome! I can't believe he's actually doing this himself, as busy as he is. He must miss homework!

SLC's Newark clack is up, and she posted some screencaps too.

Did he do this at any other venue?

28back.jpg

Bad, bad Clay. :naughtywag:

34hehe.jpg

seesaw.gif

36wow.jpg

Just GAH:

37bylm.jpg

I found this in the CH archives when I was looking for something else. It was from a LiveJournal blog of one of the JNaT06 tour musicians. Makes me schmoopie.

I went to bergenPAC yesterday, arrived right on time, took out my viola, and started rehearsing with most of the Edison Symphony regulars. Fifteen minutes into the rehearsal, a pale, skinny guy with shaggy, rumpled hair and a hoodie wanders onstage, perches himself on a stool behind the conductor, Judy, and starts joking around with the cellos and first violins. This, ladies and gentlemen, is Clay Aiken. Apparently. I've seen his CD in stores and thusly had a vague idea of what he looks like, but having never seen an episode of American Idol and never being one to frequent Top 40 stations, I wouldn't know a song of his if I tripped on it in the street.

Easy listening music is not exactly my scene, so I was pretty deadset about not liking him, but in all honesty, the guy is adorable. Really. It's not that I think his features are particularly attractive, but you just can't not like him. He's so damn personable, and he cracks stupid jokes at the expense of everyone, himself included, and you feel like you've known each other forever.

Clearly she isn't into radio if she thinks that top-40=easy listening. LOL. But who cares? I just love this.

She didn't think his features were particularly attractive? He must have left his lips, eyes and nose home that day. How could you not notice how attractive those features are? Hrrrmmp!

Just because I'm being lazy, I'm copying my post from CV.

Yeah. I'm having a pity party!

Ack!

We lost power a little after 6.

Did you know that when you live in the boonies when you lose power, you lose water, too?!!!

Well, you do.

No AC

No TV

No computer

NO WATER!

No nuttin!

I thought, well, I can't read, or compute or watch tv, I'll just take a candlelit soak in my big ol' tub!

No power, no water pump!!

Poo!

Thank goodness it was less than two hours! Bor-ring!!! I drove to town to get a burger with Droopy in the car! Poor baby, the scent was driving him crazy!

When I got back from the burger run - YAY! Power was back!

I was gettin' the shakes, y'all!

Needless to say, I'm behind!

couch tomato, I'd heard so much about those honey crisp apples, but they're sooooo expensive here in California, so I paid $1.38 for one apple just to try it last week. It was a good apple, but I think my expectations were so high by then that even ambrosia couldn't live up to them. Kind of like when I first tried Godiva chocolate. It was good chocolate, but I expected something out of this world! LOL!

Anywhooo....he pushed me over the edge, and I wrote like crazy and pressed "send". Probably for nothing, but what the hey. It'll be fun to know that he actually reads it.

I think it must be catching. I just hit "send" too. :fca:

:cryingwlaughter: He's nothing if not inspirational!

SLC's Newark clack is up, and she posted some screencaps too.

Bad, bad Clay. :naughtywag:

34hehe.jpg

seesaw.gif

OMG, that is absolutely HYSTERICAL!! :lmaosmiley-1: I LOVE him!! Was that from AFTER the a-hand-on-each-ass trick I wonder? :lmaosmiley-1:

Hey couchie, although I no longer peddle tax advice for big bucks but instead offer it for free to senior citizens and low income tax payers, I'd be very happy to offer you a few general rules for the self-employed. Please feel free to pm me if you wish.

I gave up worrying about Clay after I saw the way he handles himself in difficult situations. He is one fast learner. I am thrilled to see him being so happy. It must make those who waste their lives hating him so angry.

I have been buying honeycrisp apples from Costco for $!.00 per apple. At our grocery stores they cost $2.99 per pound. Ouch! But they are worth it. Our local paper described them as having the crispness of watermelon and the dripping sweetness of honey.

I wouldn't dare give any child raising advice since I spent about twenty years of my life on the verge of a nervous breakdown with depression thrown in due to the antics of my youngest son who somehow managed to survive. How I managed to run a business, stay married and not kill him, I'll never know. And I am a pretty mild mannered person. :onFire:

Post-ho'ing to add this link that I just discovered at the OFC...I'm sure our Miss Scarlett must be involved, maybe I missed a post from her?

In any case, this is a TBAF-approved fundraiser:

Striped Socks Sirens

Looks like they'll have some wonderful goodies when they're ready!

ETA: Kim, go back to jmh123's picture post and you'll see the hand-on-each-ass trick in progress! :lmaosmiley-1:

couch tomato, I'd heard so much about those honey crisp apples, but they're sooooo expensive here in California, so I paid $1.38 for one apple just to try it last week. It was a good apple, but I think my expectations were so high by then that even ambrosia couldn't live up to them. Kind of like when I first tried Godiva chocolate. It was good chocolate, but I expected something out of this world! LOL!

Welcome spenthen....

Oh gah I wanted to check out honeycrisp in the grocery but forgot all about it. My hubby said he hasn't heard of it so maybe it hasn;t reached our little town.

heee this happens to me a lot with movies. But I really wasn't expecting much...and for me it wasn't about the crisp it was about the juicy. heee Welcome spentthen. Can't wait to hear about how you got your name. Does spent stand for money or is spent, well you know... more of a muski word. hee

Thank you Fear!!

Play, your entire renovation sounds like a scary proposition!!

Yay for the upcoming Clay events..several are right around the corner and the anticipation is quite fun.

Ahhh got an email from Pala Resort that they were re-opening. I'm glad there has been some sort of turn in the SO CAL fires..I hope it continues!!

Welcome Spenthen and Shamrock :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Love all the child raising posts! Glad to see that I am not the only one producing very different kids with exactly the same environment, parents etc. At the moment fighting is the big thing in my house.My boys are 10 and 13 and sometimes I'm at my wits end trying to keep the peace! I havent any brothers or close boy cousins, but people tell me that boys just will play ,settle their differences etc with wrestling etc. Problem is it soon escalates to all out war! If I recall rightly, my sister and I had stopped hitting each other by this age and settled into the odd argument.( great friends now though).

I looked for Honey Crisp apples !! DUH - wrong season downunder! :wub:

Good Morning Everyone,

1 Day until Clay is Live at Lincoln Center!

7 Days until Clay is on AYSTAFG!

12 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

32 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

58 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

61 Days until The Christmas Special Airs!

74 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

85 Days until Clay is on Broadway! :whoohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

We lost power a little after 6.

Did you know that when you live in the boonies when you lose power, you lose water, too?!!!

Well, you do.

No AC

No TV

No computer

NO WATER!

No nuttin!

I thought, well, I can't read, or compute or watch tv, I'll just take a candlelit soak in my big ol' tub!

No power, no water pump!!

Poo!

Thank goodness it was less than two hours! Bor-ring!!! I drove to town to get a burger with Droopy in the car! Poor baby, the scent was driving him crazy!

When I got back from the burger run - YAY! Power was back!

Cotton, what about losing power to your frig and freezer? I guess they do all right for 2 hours but it makes me nervous when that happens because I once had to throw away everything in my freezer after a lenghty power outage. :cry4: Sounds like you did a good job of making lemonade out of lemons.

I paid $1.38 for one apple just to try it last week.

I'm going to Costco to scope out the Honey Crisps. Trouble is you can't just buy one apple at Costco so if I don't like them I'm screwed. Maybe I'll try another market before I do that but can't remember ever seeing them. Bottle, I also love Gala and Fuji, wonder how they compare in taste to the Honey Crisp?

KAndre, In case you decide to go underground before Friday I want to wish you good luck. Maybe you and your dentist can ship Clay and Beyonce while he's doing you. :hubbahubba:

I've always been a Golden Delicious girl myself, but I'm going to keep my eyes open for these Honey Crisps you speak of.

Wheeeeee! Look at that calendar! Things are really getting close. Vegas is just around the corner, and tomorrow is the Neil Sedaka tribute! I hope there's clack!

I wonder how many people hit the "send" button last night, after that Teacher!Clay! blog? Hee, he asked for it. :xmas07a: