# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

keepingfaith wrote:

Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?

hee...same could be said for the fans as well. Wonder what our faces looked like at that time.

zena wrote:

I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.

:clap: both sentences thread title worthy, and quite true I believe

81 Days until Clay is on Broadway! :whoohoo:

I love it when aikim gets all emotional :)

Awww, zena, what a sweet post. I'll add the emoticons. I have no restraint!

:clap: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :lilredani::lipstick::woman: :thbighug-1:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! AYSTAFG will not be rescheduled! So now I just have to figure out how to tape 3 things at once! :cryingwlaughter:

That's what Clack is for. :cryingwlaughter:

Hee, I just checked tv schedules, and I don't have a confict anymore! Skate Canada, which has always aired it's short programs on Thursday night, is not starting until midnight on Friday this year. So I am free and clear for AYSTAFG! Wheeeeeeee!

Morning, everyone.

ETA: I would think that anyone watching AYSTAFG on Fox would get the US feed, which should be Clay......*fingers crossed*

Morning!

Congratulations Zena, great post!

AIR ran a repeat in my market last night.... :cry4: I wonder if the Canadians are actually going to get Clay on AYSTFG this week? There has been no advertising about this show here that I've seen and last week they showed someone else as "appearing next week".

Biting my nails!! I don't want to let friends that contributed know that he's on....and then it not happen!

The station that ran AIR last night is always a week behind (if you're talking about the 9:00 pm show). The one that usually shows 'new' episodes at 8:00 on Sunday was pre-empted for baseball. Now that it's over we should be on track again. I've seen promos for 5th Grader - no worries - we'll get it!

Has this been posted here yet?

...remember back during the NAT when someone did a montage of Clay's air guitar/hands set to bluegrass...well this one is set to classical from the DCAT...

I hate to :lmaosmiley-1: all alone.

(all alone, or at the top of a page *blush*)

He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become. I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.

Zena, I loved your entire post, but especially the part I quoted above, which I see has been quoted by several others before me. One of the things I loved about CGs montage was that it showed Clay's consistency of performance, and that even though his look was different in each performance, he was gorgeous in every one of them.

Now, off to read his blog, and them I'm off to :12:

By the time I got here, zena, everyone had already WORDED this part of your post:

He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.

But I'm doing it again...cuz I CAN! :clap:

My younger fruit of my loins will be joining me at work today...uh....yeah. :unsure: No school so she's going to do her project where I can keep an eye on her...

Well, except for the times I'm busy with my own work. heh.

Have a good one, everybody! I'm off to read the letter my boyfriend wrote.... :wub:

ETA: BWAH! :cryingwlaughter: Obviously, if he's truly confused by the lack of people not following his directions, he really didn't work in a classroom all that long! :cryingwlaughter:

And yeah, KAndre...."help a brother out" CMSU, too! :cryingwlaughter:

You have just reminded me that the new DVR I picked up from Comcast a few weeks ago won’t perform any of its recording functions anymore. I guess I can’t put the trip down to the cable company off any longer. I’ll unhook it and mosey on over there after the dentist this morning. grrrrrrrrr

What an awesome boyfriend! What a treat to get such great videos from the tribute. I wasn’t sure what to expect in terms of clack but I should know better than to have any doubts of the Claynation’s resources. I am in love with the whole damn thing but, in particular, I love that little kick he does at the end of the performance. It’s always good for me when he performs, but it’s so much better when it’s good for him too. And Friday night you could tell it was very good for him. Love the strut off the stage and I love that he knows he nailed it. Have I used the word ‘love’ too much yet?

Claygasm, thanks for your fantabulous Solitaire montage. I loved that too.

I love zena and her sword. When KAndre and I pulled it from the stone at the Dollar Store who knew it would actually find a loving home. The chances that it would end up in the dumpster behind Birraporetti’s were pretty good, but luckily or by divine providence it fell into the right hands and subsequently down the back of the right dress. Things like that make me confident that all is well with the universe (well…..ultimately). And zena, you are so right…..you don’t need fencing lessons to play here. Heck, I come here totally unarmed and still have no bruises. Nope, no bruises…just gems, like these….

How can people say, "I've fallen in love again...." For me, it is always still and more in love.

He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become. I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.

Okay….I guess I have to get off my butt and get ready for my check-up. grrrrrrrrrrr

That is one busy man! Funny thing about teachers and format, my English Comp one in a PITA when it comes to that stuff. It just isn’t enough to be totally brilliant these days. I suppose I better get on that story, if I’m going to write one for those November shows…or heck…maybe I’ll save it for Easton…..except I really don’t think I’d want to read it on stage. What is he doing up so early anyway? Marking papers in his jammies getting pissy.......love.....*sigh*

We've been bad, youall. You know what that means. Teacher Clay paid us a visit. I love the third grader mention. I feel like a third grader most of the time anyway; I'm on the boards so much. Yowza. He's just so--------------------------. I can't think of the perfect word. Yay for Unicef. how exciting about the apartment search. So much on his plate. That makes me happy.

So, in my usual slooooooooow way of beating around the bush, I want to say thank-you FCA for making this the kind of place where I feel there is room to breathe, to speak, and to get to know people with all kinds of different opinions; where there is respect and tolerance,(even for tremendously run-on sentences) and thank God, lots of laughter and real stuff to keep our Clay heads from floating off into the cybersphere.

zena bows......." Thank you, FCA, with all my heart"

I(along with my trusty sword) pledge to guard the body to the death, or the next milestone; whichever comes first.

Let me join a lot of others in wording this wonderful post.

"help a brother out"?

Heh.

You noticed that too? Who's he been hanging with anyway?

The station that ran AIR last night is always a week behind (if you're talking about the 9:00 pm show). The one that usually shows 'new' episodes at 8:00 on Sunday was pre-empted for baseball. Now that it's over we should be on track again. I've seen promos for 5th Grader - no worries - we'll get it!

I was, thanks! I don't get the 8:00 one. Can't get either channel it's on then...

Phew!!....re Fifth Grader!

Well, how cute is that blog! I love pissy Clay too...he IS ripping his hair out :lol:! How exciting that he's going to do a UNICEF speech...I wonder where?? I'm so proud of him!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Wonder when and if we're ever get our Clyra update :whistling-1:

Heh. Ooooo, speaking of which, a friend (not a fan) of a friend (who is a fan) spotted them at another fancy NYC restaurant a couple of weeks ago. Said they appeared to be just friends rather than romantically involved. Despite the fantasies of our resident fan fic writer, I think if any romance were ever to emerge between those two, "just friends" would come first.

Good Morning. Like the good bodyguard I have become, my watch lasted thru the night to protect the residents of FCA. :clap: No thanks needed, really!

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: I forgot to log out last night. Shit

Claygasm, thank you for the great look back at the man and his voice.. My favorite look was the Sedaka tribute, but my favorite vocal was the first one on AI with the Sedaka tribute running a close second. Like some of you the glory note isn't my favorite either. :angry2: I'm a bigger fan of the lower register which displays the richness of his voice. He appeared to be sick in some of those performances but he always managed to pull out another hit.

Can't wait for AYSTAFG! I'll have to wait until Dec to see the skating party, hope you all have a great time!

Maybe Trya was helping Clay find an apartment or helping him move his things into hers! :cryingwlaughter:

BWAH!!! I totally love pissy Clay. I also love the very immediate feel of his blog. Like he just picked up his laptop and typed away...

Heh. Ooooo, speaking of which, a friend (not a fan) of a friend (who is a fan) spotted them at another fancy NYC restaurant a couple of weeks ago. Said they appeared to be just friends rather than romantically involved. Despite the fantasies of our resident fan fic writer, I think if any romance were ever to emerge between those two, "just friends" would come first.

EEEEEEEEEEE...too cute.

Hey! Maybe when I win the lottery and can quit my job to write full time, I'll get to it, you know? <_< C'mon...help a sistah out here. :P

I LURVE thinking about Clay and Tyra just hanging out together....maybe she'll be a good friend and allow some benefits....she wouldn't be sorry, I betcha. :hubbahubba:

Since everyone gets to say whatever they want about anything at all here --- I am going to be pissy Keepingfaith and say that I'm not fond of the term "pissy Clay" and don't get why that would be a good thing to be since it denotes immature petulance. Unless he was kicking a coke machine while writing that blog, that sounded like Teacher Clay to me -- which is a whole different deal. I loooove Teacher Clay.

I just don't care for pissy people at all, even myself right now.