#20: Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."
    • Bring it Aiken! And if it turns out to be a total cheese boat I'm ready to sail with ya'!
    • Circumstances and dynamics spun together into pure electricity
    • Buy Clay Aiken because it's a top of the line brand.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Zena!!!! That is such a good review!!! Congratulations to you and your son!!! I will be watching out for Christopher Enns in the music scene...

thanks so much for sharing...any chlack??

WOW Zena what a great review!

Kind of off topic but I was wondering if any of you gave the Orleans your name and phone number in hopes of winning one of the Clay posters. I was told they would draw a name on Friday. Unfortunately I did not get a phone call. :cry4: Did anyone else?

Okay, smack me and take away my membership if you see me lurking around here this afternoon. I've given myself 2 hours to finish last weeks homework (including that embalming essay thing) and it's all due tonight. Really, ban me or something.....what isn't done by 1:30 isn't going to get done because I have to let go and move on.

O.K. I'll bite....why are you doing an essay thing on embalming? Do you get to keep your membership in the posse if you eat Ben & Jerry's and not BlueBell?

zena,They don't just throw those good reviews around do they? I'm glad you decided to share his accomplishments with us because you have every right to be proud of him, hell I'm proud of him and I don't even know him. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

laughn, wanna hit the mall sometime this week? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

YES!!! I am so in the mood to do a little :fest06: shopping I do believe.

"The dashing (Christopher) Enns did deliver with a resonant voice and natural acting ability that bely his 22 years of age. Playing the pigskin-toting varsity champ with goofy sincerity, the faculty of music voice major generated excitement every time he came onstage. His desperate aria "I can't believe this is over" was a joyful highlight."

If you're interested, the link to entire review is here.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/subscribe...p-4675473c.html

I figured that was so lovely it needed re-posting. Congratulations to both you and Christopher. I bet he's one happy man right now right along with his mom.

AI2 Clay Superstar...I felt like the OMG Woman when I watched it. I didn't get into this fandom till the last weeks of AI2, so this is all new stuff to me, but damn! that was amazing. The, 'baby, baby, baby, oh baby' :lipstick: OMG.

...and big 'ol pitch pipe aside, his speech about wanting to be an advocate for the mentally disabled, don't know that the judges were buying it then, but he did it. He kept his word. He did his thing and stayed true to himself. :clap:

(((hugs))) to Kareneh and KAndre who both have RL kicking their butts at the moment

I love the comments about wanting to work with kids with disabilities...that is one thing that "those who hate for a living" always said he just said because it made for good tv. Since that clip has never been seen it is now obvious that has always been his goal.

Big old HA! to the haters.

That was a great review, zena, you should be very proud.

Sorry guys, my son just flew in last night - I haven't seen him since before he went to Japan! He has grown up so from just barely 19 to almost 21...and I'll probably be seriously distracted for the next couple of weeks while he's home.

I know I've been not my usual self out of it for at least the last month - I tend toward occasionally depression (and have a hard time recognizing it in myself) and one of my tendencies is to retreat socially among other things (which keeps people from seeing it in me as well. Sort of a nasty cycle). Y'all and Clay have really helped me not go as deep as I can (I'm trying to avoid taking Wellbutrin - I just hate taking pills). One of the things I'm dealing with is that my son's old Scoutmaster died two weeks ago very unexpectedly (CH members may recognize him as the author of one of the worst books I have ever been forced to edit - sweet man - horrible writer) - and he was one of my son's major role models. And telling Paul was so very difficult. And then bad things just starting cascading. When I woke up this morning, I actually wanted to get up. And that's been awhile for me. But I want to thank y'all for being there for me, even if you didn't know about it.

And no, I haven't gone back to the dentist of evil. I have made an appointment with the good dentist though.

{{{{KAndre}}}} I prescribe putting on your blingiest tiara, get a pint of your favorite ice cream and watching Clack!

Here's a little CUTENESS to mybe bring a smile your way.

aysclaya.jpg

Sinuses are killing me again today, but somehow I think I will manage to watch the AIR clack........

This week has been great just reading and enjoying every picture and clack that has been posted. He is just gorgeous in those pictures and that voice can not be denied. Love this morning view of A12 rewind. I missed the early auditions because I was teaching a class. I had read that not much was shown. It is great that we are now getting this. I have always found Reubens version of Superstar very slow and boring. This small snippet by Clay was great. Hee looked so young but yummy at the same time.

I will be at Kalamazoo and I am glad that the book idea came about. I was glad that ideas were posted. It has been awhile since I had to buy children books.

I knew ruben recorded the superstar song, but if i noticed him (Clay) back then i would have been blown away, heck re-watching the fanale, (I was a ruben fan back then and since i was busy with school and stuff I recorded the entire episode, am I glad i did now, because i have one clay appearance on my hand.) I kinda missed the fact that i did not pay attetion to clay eariler. Heck i still still regret it.

In regards to superstar they should have given it to Clay cause I am so amazed as always at the voice of the guy.

"The dashing (Christopher) Enns did deliver with a resonant voice and natural acting ability that bely his 22 years of age. Playing the pigskin-toting varsity champ with goofy sincerity, the faculty of music voice major generated excitement every time he came onstage. His desperate aria "I can't believe this is over" was a joyful highlight."

Great review, Zena. Will there be Chrack? :P

ETA - They play Ruben's Superstar in the store where I have my parttime job and while it is slow and should have been speeded up some, I've always thought this was a great rendition and a good song fit for Ruben. I just never pictured Clay singing this song but OMG he sounds so awesome--his voice is beautiful on this.

***Attention honorable and dishonorable members of the eHP*** Next Saturday (the 17th) is my birthday and I am going to be spending it horribly alone, probably with a quart size tub of Ben & Jerry's Everything But The Kitchen Sink. I think it sounds like a good excuse to do lunch if any of you guys are fee. I missed the last get together and I'd love to get together at least once before the tour starts. Any takers or am I doing take out?

I honestly don't think I'd let her take a fee from you guys in the eHP if I were you. *g* Seriously, I wish I could be down there with you guys, because I'd love to be part of a eHP luncheon.

Um, yeah, I caved. Hee, only 7 hours till showtime tonight!

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist! Heh.

Yep, I'm more with you Liney..that they focused on others because they didn't think Clay would get that far despite his voice. And I was pretty shallow - he had me with the voice way before I thought he was cute. Don't think think they were scared of him at that point..and really, they didn't have to bring him back for wildcard. I chalk it up to pure stupidity. But speaking of wildcard I really think that show gave him a lot of momentum going into the top 12. His whole AI story is just great. And I wouldn't change a thing (except more Hollywood time) because it was riveting TV.

And Muski, the not just us crowd DID fall in love with Clay!!

Totally agree with all of the above. Watching these clips now, in retrospect, I see the cute/adorable/swoonworthy....but I think that's because I've also now seen what he's turned into physically. :hubbahubba: Sorry to all the sideburn lovers, though, but I was definitely a "dude, that's so 70's" girl, and still am. However, I can now see the grin and the eyes, which I honestly don't think I would have noticed before.

As for AI -- I think they really underestimated how much the American public would like a "normal" guy with a fantastic voice. Americans tend to be way more about the image, but sometimes....they get it right. This very likely could have been one of those times. And yeah, the whole AI story for Clay Aiken is fascinating TV...

Hey Play...what about that song he performed in Englad for the 19 party. We never saw that did we. Anything else?

I thought of that one too. "They Can't Take That Away From Me," if I remember correctly. I'm dying to see that, if it ever surfaces.

OK. I smile indulgently at all this "cute" talk. I work on my pictures and I see someone really beeeeyoutiful.

However.........

219670014-L.jpg

Sometimes the man is just CUTE!!!!!!!

See, sometimes, the cute just gets ya....

BTW, thanks for my new avatar. Had to crop it a bit, but I did truly leave your watermark on it too.....

It's all good, I don't dwell, and it's supplied Clay with second place and I didn't win jokes for years.

Yep. Mr. Self-Deprecation. Love that about him. Always will.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/subscribe...p-4675473c.html

Congrats zena and son of zena!!!!!!!!!!!

...and big 'ol pitch pipe aside, his speech about wanting to be an advocate for the mentally disabled, don't know that the judges were buying it then, but he did it. He kept his word. He did his thing and stayed true to himself. :clap:

I love the comments about wanting to work with kids with disabilities...that is one thing that "those who hate for a living" always said he just said because it made for good tv. Since that clip has never been seen it is now obvious that has always been his goal.

Big old HA! to the haters.

Both ladies are wise, wise, wise....The man has not strayed from what he believes in all that much. I admire the hell out of that.

bookwhore, thanks for the reading lists. Please note that in the Newberry books, "The Giver" by Lois Lowry is there. If I remember correctly, that's the book Clay was teaching Gregory during the JNT 2005. Fantastic book.

gbmifan -- I'm real curious to remember Ruben's version of Superstar from Hollywood week. I seem to remember that he did a "speedier" version that time (because he was part of the group with Rickey). It's only when he turned it into a solo when we were in the top 12 that it started to bog down. If he had kept it at a quicker pace, I think I would have enjoyed those later performances more too. Well, that and if he had toned down the "give me the cheeseburger" motions with his hands. *g*

soulsistah -- don't regret not remembering/paying attention to Clay back then. Just enjoy what we have NOW, 'k? And isn't it fantastic?

Could someone clarify something for me...Jordan Segundo whom Clay sang superstar with...was he a fellow contestant? ( I never watched any of these shows, so I am a bit out of the loop)

Kim

aikim:

1) Yeah, I think that was the first time Paula heard him sang, with that stunning UM we just got to see for the first time today. EEEEEEE!

2) Yeah, Jordan was another contestant. You'll see it when you watch the show, but they paired people in groups of twos and threes and made them learn a song together. If I remember right, with the guy groups, about the only ones who did well were Clay/Jordan and Ruben/Rickey. Many of the other guys were more about the partying in Hollywood, and so they didn't learn their songs quite as well. *snort*

aikim:

1) Yeah, I think that was the first time Paula heard him sang, with that stunning UM we just got to see for the first time today. EEEEEEE!

2) Yeah, Jordan was another contestant. You'll see it when you watch the show, but they paired people in groups of twos and threes and made them learn a song together. If I remember right, with the guy groups, about the only ones who did well were Clay/Jordan and Ruben/Rickey. Many of the other guys were more about the partying in Hollywood, and so they didn't learn their songs quite as well. *snort*

Thanks! I kind of felt bad for Jordan...he sort of dropped out at the end...like this guy's got it, why bother...but he sounded good too and I am sorry he didn't get further.

Watching these clips, I wonder the other contestants thought...especially during UM...the young African American behind Clay...something like "Oh Crap, I have to follow this guy!"

Kim

Maul me anytime Gibby!!

BWAH! I'll keep that in mind. And I ordered a couple of pins a few days ago. Any chance I'll get them before the Wichita concert, or is that too soon?

Oh.My.Fucking.God.

Sorry for the language, but I had to watch each clip 3 times because the tears that sprung up in my eyes were blurring my vision. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a thing for pre-AI Clay clips. These are such a gift, one I never thought we'd see. I am blown away by the voice, and the gorgeous, gorgeous eyes. And the personality, which hasn't changed one iota. WOW.

Um, yeah, I caved. Hee, only 7 hours till showtime tonight!

Aren't you glad you caved, lucky? Both clips are fantastic!!

What an excellent review!! You must be soooo proud. I'd love to hear your son sing!

Oh, yeah, that 'Miss America' speech was very touching. Especially since we now have the benefit of hindsight and we know that he has more than made good on his promise to help kids with disabilities. He is also helping kids all over the world though UNICEF. What a guy!

I knew ruben recorded the superstar song, but if i noticed him (Clay) back then i would have been blown away, heck re-watching the fanale, (I was a ruben fan back then and since i was busy with school and stuff I recorded the entire episode, am I glad i did now, because i have one clay appearance on my hand.) I kinda missed the fact that i did not pay attetion to clay eariler. Heck i still still regret it.

In regards to superstar they should have given it to Clay cause I am so amazed as always at the voice of the guy.

Oh well then you will be watching these idol episodes with fresh eyes. Just think that you were able to enjoy two fandoms. Ruben is great too. If Clay wasn;t there I probably would turn into a Ruben fan. I was actually was cheering for him on GR 2...wasn't fond of Open arms Clay at all.

Oh he is gorgeous here...specially his shy smile with Paula's praise. Right there...you can tell he was a bit star struck with Paula...

HEE yeah Randy was saying ...is this a concert...hee..

and did y'all notice Jordan take side looks at Clay...probably thinking...damn he's good and I'm toast...GAH

Yeah Jordan was a fellow contestant. this was during the group sing. I remember in the original episode they showed how BAAAAAD the guys did and only showed Ruben's group as the only decent guys groups. Then in a clip from Raleigh we find out that their group got a standing O from the audience and it was the first time we hear a snipet of superstar.

I think Jorda is the guy Clay visited with when he went to Hawaii...its cool that he kept in touch.

Kim, The Hollywood week had several parts - everyone had to introduce themselves and sign a little (UM) and then they had to form groups of 3 or 4 (no idea why Clay's was 2) and sing one of 3 or 4 songs with harmonies and movement. Later on they had to write a melody to one of several word selections and finally do a knock out final performance to be chosen. In year 2, they were put into 3 rooms - one room were the certains, one room was the maybes and the other room was the nos. Quiana was in the No room and Clay was in the maybe room. Ruben, Josh, Vanessa, Kim L and Kim C were in the certains room.

Zena, Congratulation on your son's review! excellent. Now hire some clack gatherers to follow him around! Stat!

Kim, The Hollywood week had several parts - everyone had to introduce themselves and sign a little (UM) and then they had to form groups of 3 or 4 (no idea why Clay's was 2) and sing one of 3 or 4 songs with harmonies and movement. Later on they had to write a melody to one of several word selections and finally do a knock out final performance to be chosen. In year 2, they were put into 3 rooms - one room were the certains, one room was the maybes and the other room was the nos. Quiana was in the No room and Clay was in the maybe room. Ruben, Josh, Vanessa, Kim L and Kim C were in the certains room.

Zena, Congratulation on your son's review! excellent. Now hire some clack gatherers to follow him around! Stat!

I've heard the snippet of the melody Clay wrote; was Superstar the final performance or are we going to get lucky and get another song? Interesting about the rooms..Quiana in the No room? Just shows you how very stupid they were.

Kim

OMG. I am so glad I wasn't watching then. I wouldn't have been able to stand either Clay in the 'maybe' room or Quiana in the 'no' room...wtf?

My daughter was a Ruben fan. She would watch and I would listen from the other room while I did my school work. When the season ended I went online to find more Ruben stuff for her and that's how I found the Clay boards....and I haven't been away since. So yep, I like to listen to Ruben too, but I love me some Clay.

...now off to watch some AIR on my TV.

ETA...AGH!!! They preempted AIR with StarTrek

soulsista4clay, nice to see you posting in the main thread! I have to admit that while I didn't watch AI2 right from the audition episodes, the shows that I did catch, I was more of a Ruben fan than a Clay fan (although he came a close 2nd). It wasn't until Neil Sedaka night and Clay's rendition of "Solitaire" that I was hit over the head with Clay's talent and charisma and I have never looked back since. I still enjoy Ruben though. I am really enjoying these AI Rewind shows so that I can watch things happen in sequence, from the beginning.

I think there were four cuts...one right after they introduce themselves and they do a short song, that is the UM; I think they did the make your own song next, or the group songs, then there is a final acapela solo then people were placed in the three rooms.

I find a lot of the emphasis of the hollywood shows are the drama between the singers. Originally, they focused on a lot of interactions between the contestants...like Kim and Julia, the guys that went out to party before the group sing, the story of Kim and Frenchy. I think they only showed Ruben and Ricky as the good group cos it was more dramatic to say everyone else was bad. When you think of it...Clay and Ruben were both featured once or twice in the original version. If we would believe that they featured the people they wanted to win then that would be Corey Clark, Kim and Julia. I don;t think they really had a plan at that point. It just was not the Clay Aiken show as much as Clay fans wanted that. So they had to feature others cos to feature Clay more than that would give him an unfair advantage.

This new versions...its starting to seem like Clay Aiken show cos they sure are using his footage a lot, even more than Ruben. Even in the Atlanta auditions...he wasn't featured as much in the original ...now they had all this little shots of Clay in the background, but those were not there before. I wonder if they put in a lot more Ruben too or is all the new material from Clay.

I ain;t complaining...but if people still think there is bad blood between Clay and AI...I don;t think Idol Rewind can support that notion.

Well CRAP! I hustled home expected to watch AIR on my local Fox affiliate at 4:00, and instead I get freakin' STAR TREK! Sorry ldyjocelyn and you other Trekker / Trekkies but DO.NOT.WANT! I don't want to see Captain Kirk being beamed around, I want to see the CUTE guy, version 1.2.

Did I say CRAP! CRAP! :cry4: