#20: Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."
    • Bring it Aiken! And if it turns out to be a total cheese boat I'm ready to sail with ya'!
    • Circumstances and dynamics spun together into pure electricity
    • Buy Clay Aiken because it's a top of the line brand.

I can't believe this. My brother is buying me a laptop. I just called him so he could help me get a deal from his friend that owns a computer store. And I was even going..huh, are you sure. Did you talk to your wife. HUH? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

:clap:

But...uh...Couchie? If I remember correctly, you absolutely HATES using a laptop touchpad, right? Better find yourself a mousie, babe! :cryingwlaughter:

CONGRATS!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

OMG, I just got an email from someone wanting to pay me to promote Perez Hilton show on my website. BWAH! Ansa told him off before I got a chance to. heee.. Good girl. I went the extra step to say don't even contact me again... cuz really becaue of that link I don't give a damn about who else you have to promote. ahhhh..it's the little things that make me happy.

Did you send him a nice note that looked like this... :excuseme::ruserious::biteme::banned:

Add to that

:toilet15: :mockery-046: :asshole::breakpc2: :finger: :kotz0:

OMG, I just got an email from someone wanting to pay me to promote Perez Hilton show on my website. BWAH! Ansa told him off before I got a chance to. heee.. Good girl. I went the extra step to say don't even contact me again... cuz really becaue of that link I don't give a damn about who else you have to promote. ahhhh..it's the little things that make me happy.

Did you send him a nice note that looked like this... :excuseme::ruserious::biteme::banned:

Add to that

:toilet15: :mockery-046: :asshole::breakpc2: :finger: :kotz0:

Not to mention... 15.gifmooning.giftease.gifd123e8f_a.png and the ever popular 5moon.gif

pestrepellent.jpg

Wow, I think couchie is having a FANTASTIC day. She gets to tell a stupid asshole off, and for a reward, she gets a laptop! WOOHOO!!!!!

Yay for AIW on iTunes! No more driving to 5 area WalMarts in the freezing rain to buy oodles of copies for my friends! And sure, I'll buy a copy on iTunes. I'm whipped.

I can't believe this. My brother is buying me a laptop. I just called him so he could help me get a deal from his friend that owns a computer store. And I was even going..huh, are you sure. Did you talk to your wife. HUH? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Bwah laughn...more like that last little guy of yours. heee

YAY!!!! we can still chat when you go on the tour!!!EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Laptops have gone down in price. Some really nice ones on salewhen I was there this summer...

:clap:

But...uh...Couchie? If I remember correctly, you absolutely HATES using a laptop touchpad, right? Better find yourself a mousie, babe! :cryingwlaughter:

CONGRATS!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

oh I bet she gets used to the touchpad quickly. I used to hate it too, but now its so natural to me that even if I have my pen and tablet hooked up and still use the touch pad.

oh I bet she gets used to the touchpad quickly. I used to hate it too, but now its so natural to me that even if I have my pen and tablet hooked up and still use the touch pad.

Yup, I switch back and forth from using a regular pc with a mouse at work to a laptop with a touchpad at home with no problem. Just takes a little getting used to.

Couchie.... CONGRATS!!! You'll get used to the touchpad... or you'll get a mouse, but either way... AWESOME!!!

Muski... have fun being with DH at the bb game. And then continue the fun later.... :hubbahubba: That's what's the most important, after all.

Glad it's Friday (understatement)! What a week, including commiting to a Thanksgiving get together I'd rather not... but it's only one day and I will survive (where have I heard that phrase before LOL)

Gee, you'd think you guys didn't like PH very much... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: LOVE all the very telling emoticons! Way to go!!!

Yup, I switch back and forth from using a regular pc with a mouse at work to a laptop with a touchpad at home with no problem. Just takes a little getting used to.

I use a wireless mouse with my laptop. Love it. Hate the touchpad, but I suppose I could get used to it if I had to.

You must have a very nice brother, Couch Tomato!

Hurray for All Is Well coming to iTunes finally. I'll never understand why there were so few available last year.

OMG, I just got an email from someone wanting to pay me to promote Perez Hilton show on my website.

Ewwwww!

Did you have to take a shower after reading that email??!!

. . . and . . .

Why didn't you tell him how you really feel???

:cryingwlaughter:

Congrats on the laptop!!!! What a great brother!!!

I'm obviously miserable behind.

But . . .

I started my Christmas Cards!!!!

Yeah, I know. Ridiculous, isn't it?

I'm never early like this - but since we've moved twice in the past 3 years, I thought I'd be nice and try to avoid some folks getting returned cards!

I have one high school friend I haven't seen in YEARS and I always get her Christmas card the day after Thanksgiving!

I might actually beat her this years!

Don't ask me if I've done my shopping.

Oh - I went to see my doc today - didn't decide till yesterday - and it was his Birthday today! The office was a fun place. Balloons every where, everybody joking around.

And Marilyn Monroe called to sing Happy Birthday to him!! :cryingwlaughter: (I'm thinking she might be from the Legends Theater at the beach.)

He's such a nice man, he deserves a fun birthday!

I'm feeling a bit "poor me" right now...please scroll at will.

I am in kidney failure...Drs. finally decided to go with a transplant...both sisters were tested as live donors and both were rejected...so now I'm on "the list" and I'm wishing they'd never brought it up....I was doing fine just hanging out taking my meds and getting my check ups...then I got my hopes up that I could actually have a new kidney in the next 6 months. Now...not so.

Oh well...what will be, will be.

Sorry for the whine.

I'm feeling a bit "poor me" right now...please scroll at will.

I am in kidney failure...Drs. finally decided to go with a transplant...both sisters were tested as live donors and both were rejected...so now I'm on "the list" and I'm wishing they'd never brought it up....I was doing fine just hanging out taking my meds and getting my check ups...then I got my hopes up that I could actually have a new kidney in the next 6 months. Now...not so.

Oh well...what will be, will be.

Sorry for the whine.

(((Jumpingjack))) so sorry your sisters were rejected...will pray that you get a kidney from the list. Don;t worry about "whining" to us. Its sharing of burden. We are happy to give you a hug and an ear to listen. Take care and keep us posted.

jj, whine, I don't think so. That's big trouble you have! Are both kidneys failing and will you have to be on dialysis until they find a match? What caused your kidneys to fail in the first place? I'm so sorry that you have to go thru that trauma. :cry4:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

{{{{{{{{{{jumpingjacks}}}}}}}}}} so sorry to hear your news... prayers for you... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Couch Tomato... lucky you... wish I had a brother like yours... of course, wish I had a brother at all... :whistling-1:

And good luck with the touch pad, although I've already managed to forget who doesn't like it... besides me, that is... I have one on my work laptop and on a regular basis, I move e-mails into the wrong folders accidentally... my fingers hovering over the touch pad gets me in trouble every time... it's always fun trying to find them again... :cry4:

jj, whine, I don't think so. That's big trouble you have! Are both kidneys failing and will you have to be on dialysis until they find a match? What caused your kidneys to fail in the first place? I'm so sorry that you have to go thru that trauma. :cry4:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks everyone. I'm all :cry4: with gratitude for all your good thoughts.

To answer your question, Toots, I only have the left kidney with any function...the right one has been gone for many years. I have a vascular fistula in, just in case we have to go to dialysis. No one is sure what caused the kidney failure...the only thing docs have come up with is that I lived with a chronic kidney infection until it presented itself when I was 27...my mom was toxic when she was pregnant with me so I'm guessing that had something to do with it. I'm not sure I ever had a right kidney, to be perfectly honest.

The weird thing is, I'm kind of an anomaly...I don't present as someone with 12% kidney function...I work full time...I feel good...I continue to participate fully in all aspects of my life. The only thing that indicates that there is something wrong is the handful of meds I take daily and the shots I give myself to help with the anemia.

I'm sure dialysis is on the horizon but it isn't even something my docs discuss much because things are "stable"...if you can call it that...it's bizarre.

My doc is in Denver...she calls about once a week and asks how I'm doing...I say "I'm good" and she kind of chuckles. My guess is that I've felt this way for so long that my concept of "good" aint that great! ;)

Anyway...the transplant stuff just came up within the last couple of weeks and everyone was so excited...I probably should have waited until it was a done deal but the whole idea was amazing to me...

I don't spend a lot of time dwelling on it...my attitude has always been that I will need to feel a lot worse than I do now before anyone will know I'm sick...it's worked well!

I'm just a bit sad about this detour but will be good as new in no time.

Thanks again....your words and thoughts mean a lot.

jumpingjacks, Honey, that's not whining. Me fussing about not having a Christmas concert, that's whining.

One of my local (before we moved) Clay fans went through heart transplant and now she's back to going to see Clay live in concert and going about her life. I hope your wait is short and your recovery swift.

:bighug:

ETA:

She "journaled" us during the process and it was wonderful that she included us and explained things for us. I always admired her for that.

Whining is me talking about my kitchen. I know that as it turns cold there are a lot of people without a home.

jj, I am sure you can do what you have to do - Remember you have to be around when Clay writes his tell all book! We need to know which fan was correct in interpreting his secret messages and which of us should hang our heads in shame for missing it

It all ends tomorrow, I am working on my list of things to be done and then Ihave to get my annual E-bay sale going.