#20: Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."
    • Bring it Aiken! And if it turns out to be a total cheese boat I'm ready to sail with ya'!
    • Circumstances and dynamics spun together into pure electricity
    • Buy Clay Aiken because it's a top of the line brand.

I was about to come on the board and whine about the fact that my external hard drive.....with ALL my Clack on it...has sort of disappeared. Properties says the files are all there but when I click on a folder..nada!! I tried to d/l something to it and it says the file is invalid and Its telling me the drive failed! I'm not a happy camper to say the least right now!

Aaaaack...that's worse than a bad kidney!!!!

I like a woman who knows her priorities even at critical times!!

{{{{jumpingjacks}}}} I feel sure good things - or in this case a good kidney - will come your way soon.

As to the flat bed truck idea.... JUST.SAY.NO!!!

rohdy...your instincts are right on I think. Having it in the lobby is enough I think with an announcement maybe during intermission.

Flat bed during the show...yikes

cindilu...wow. Is that all with PSP?

There are days when the bravest glimpse I take of the outside world is a click on the FCA Forum thread. And even though I am painfully aware that there is much more to life than words on a computer screen, the courage, the honest candor, and the empathy I see expressed here by so many of the people who post has often helped me to restore my own shaky equilibrium and bring perspective to the path I am on.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to ALL of you at FCA!!!

And very special hug2.gif to both wandacleo and jumpingjacks!!!!

Thanks all for the input...so quickly!

Playbiller....'they' are the recipients of the donated books who are extremely excited about the project.

I will follow my instincts and kindly ask that they not bring in a flat bed....or anything to disrupt the flow the concert.

I am one who dislikes shouts outs, kazoo's, funny hats and most glow sticks.......so I wanted to be sure I wasn't being all judgemental and nixing an idea just because I don't like that kind of thing.

Thanks again!

OMG I am an old fogey. That was the most excruciating 4 hours of my life. WOrst than Kelly Pickler on Fifth Grader. Ok the cococut shrimp and jerk chicken was good (BACK all you from the diet thread). But first I had to hear the live band - I named him the black Daughtery. By looks only. Boy did he think he was sexy. And I kept thinking..you aren't sexy. And the voice was strictly mediocre. Ok got through his two sets. Then here comes the hip hop, bone jarring, beats. And I'd get excited when the DJ would say we're taking it old school..but he just meant hip hop bone jarring beats from the 90s. I recognized nothing. The only fun I had was watching my brother in law get his groove on. He still has the moves. Right when I finally was there long enough to make my excuses and leave, they really started playing old school... Parliament, Bell Biv Devoe LOL. Oh and then I almost hit this car pulling out of my parking space. Yes it was my fault but I slammed on the breaks and didn't hit him. And do you know this idiot stopped his car and pulled out his cellphone and started snapping pictures. I just laughed in his face. Is it a crime to almost hit somebody. Then he yelled obcenities at me and i laughed at him some more. I guess I wasn't scared cuz my brother in law was in the car behind me and would have kicked his ass. The club life is not for me. LOL.. I think I'll cleanse my pallet by listening to Clay as I go to sleep.

Hey KarenEh..thanks for the pictures. Rhody..good decision!

Good night. Thank god that's over.

222225690-M.jpg

OMG, Kareneh, take all the time you want woman...those are lovely! especially that yummy one right there ^^^

(I still can't believe I missed that concert because of some stoopid rain puddles...aghhhhh!)

jj, some things are worth a good whine now and then...besides, as the old song says, I know you will just get busy keep on keeping on. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

rohdy, I don't think many organizations (people in general) fully understand Clay Nation's generosity or their affection for children, great causes, small dogs and Clay Aiken. The organization receiving the books just sounds excited, which is a very neat thing, I think...but yeah, I'd vote no for the hand cart also.

Good night. Thank god that's over.
'night couchie...Sweet Aiken dreams to you.

(personally, I think I might have wanted to hit that dude on the cell phone snapping pictures, and I don't mean with the car. lol)

Tonight after I got all of my assignments done for this week, I decided I needed to go back in and do some more pix from the summer. I've another 20 or so to my Houston album. Here are a few of the ones I like.

222224768-M.jpg

222225266-M.jpg

222225690-M.jpg

:goodnight:

Aaaaguhhhhhh. Hlfekjadllff. eiahfe;ahfl.

Uhh, yeah. I 'like' them too. Shew.

:Thud:

rohdy...your instincts are right on I think. Having it in the lobby is enough I think with an announcement maybe during intermission.

Yup, this would be my vote also. Maybe an annoucement during intermission with a brief thank you from the KCIS and a book count.

I also wonder if you'll end up with fans at the concert who didn't know about the project ahead of time wanting to donate cash on the spot. You might want to discuss that with your group ahead of time.

I'm glad the KCIS is so excited and :F_05BL17blowkiss: to you and your peeps rohdy for all your work!

Tonight after I got all of my assignments done for this week, I decided I needed to go back in and do some more pix from the summer. I've another 20 or so to my Houston album. Here are a few of the ones I like.

222224768-M.jpg

:hubbahubba: Have mercy! How can you resist licking caressing staring at the smooth skin on his neck below the beard line?

Whoa....cindilu....that is enough to bring anyone out of lurking! Thanks for sharing your artistic endeavors!!

Speaking of lurking....I am out once again...ruining your fun weekend in search of some help....sorry... But you guys have been so helpful with other things....

Here's my problem...

The organization accepting the books is so excited, they are wanting to load all of the books on to a flat bed and at some point and time....wheel them out on stage.

I think they have a death wish.

My instinct is to tell them "NO!!!!!!!!!!! Not at a Christmas concert!!" Especially a Clay Aiken Christmas concert!!

Now she didn't say at what point in time they wanted to do this....should they get venue permission and a flat bed.

But I don't think there is a right time.

I am more inclined to urge them to just give a rough book count announcement...say...during intermission or some such time like that.

Am I being to fussy? Or should I worry about death threats for them....and me... afterwards, if they insist?

Back to lurking .....

Maybe they could wheel out a "Little Red Wagon" during the radio sponsor intros, or the announcing before the concert - that kind of thing - Make a Ta-Da of the number of books - and sing Happy Bday to Clay if they wanted. Yeah, I don't think a flat bed's gonna get by the venue. But it's obvious they want some kind of gesture. Just encourage her to simplify it! It's cute that they are so excited! And why shouldn't they be?!

You done good!

Oh - Good Morning! It's 29º here this morning!!!!

BRRRRR !!!!!

Christmas-1.gif

(this is a huuuuge file - might take a minute to load)

WOW! That is awesome. Thanks for sharing. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I was about to come on the board and whine about the fact that my external hard drive.....with ALL my Clack on it...has sort of disappeared. Properties says the files are all there but when I click on a folder..nada!! I tried to d/l something to it and it says the file is invalid and Its telling me the drive failed! I'm not a happy camper to say the least right now!

Yikes! That is my worst nightmare. Hopefully you can find someone who is able to retrieve the lost files!

{{{jumpingjacks}}} Take care, sending good thoughts your way.

rohdy, thanks for all your hard work on the book project. I'm sure you and the recipients of the books will be able to come to some kind of an agreement on a way for them to say "thanks" publicly without disrupting the show. And as someone else said, I would think anything like that would have to have Clay's approval, ultimately.

Whoa....cindilu....that is enough to bring anyone out of lurking! Thanks for sharing your artistic endeavors!!

:hubbahubba: Fantastic!!!

jumpingjacks thinking of you!

rohdy I really like how you are handling the book situation! Great job! :clap:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to everyone else! Don't want to miss anyone!!

Good Morning Everyone,

JumpingJacks many good thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Rhody I agree that the flatbed idea is not good; I am so happy though that this project is taking off!

9 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

35 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

38 Days until The Skating Show Starts!

51 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

62 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Well this is starting out to be a better day! I rebooted my machine again this morning and it told me this time that there was a hardware failure but I continued on and all the files on my external drive showed up again! (I didn't even have to do a system restore) Well it is a bit sluggish opening them up but at least they are there for now. I will have to get my DH to take a look at it. Meanwhile it has given me an excuse to rewatch the files, do some tidying up and back up.

Now I have to tear myself away to get ready for a very import lunch date with my eHP buds.

Here's my problem...

The organization accepting the books is so excited, they are wanting to load all of the books on to a flat bed and at some point and time....wheel them out on stage.

Rohdy, I must admit I actually laughed....because I remember when you thought only one or two people were interested in participating.... :cryingwlaughter:

First, congratulations on such a successful project, and on leaving such a GOOD taste in the city of Kalamazoo's mouth re Clay and Clayfans! Great work!

Second, I think your instincts are correct too...I like Kareneh's idea of their having a display in the lobby if the venue will agree to that, though....and I think it would be beneficial to the tune of $ added for them. I think they probably not only want to say thanks, but also to bring a little more high-profile attention to their cause; if they have someone that's good at marketing, I'm sure they're pushing for it.

OMG!

ANybody watching GMA??

They just intro'd a piece on . . .

What happened to the great TV Theme Songs??!!

Facts of Life was the one they showed a snippet of in the into!

heh

Has BF been talking to these people???

:cryingwlaughter:

Now that just CMSU!! :cryingwlaughter: OTOH, Diane IS a good friend...is she still on GMA? I don't even know....but there definitely is a con-eck-shun if she is. TOO funny!!

Cindy....gaaack!! That is A-MA-zing!! Holy crap, girl, you are the PSP queen! Great job!! Thanks for sharing!

couchie, If I had to listen to that crap ass music, food and drink would be my distraction of choice. Rage is a scary thing tho, good thing your BIL was right behind you. Wow, worse than Kellie Pickler on fifth grader!!! :cry4:

rhody, good job on the books. Somehow I don't think wheeling them out in a flatbed would be acceptable to Clay or his team so that may be a problem you don't have to solve. Everyone involved should be proud of the job they are doing.

cindilu, thank you for the movable feast of Clay, so much beauty in one place. :hubbahubba:

merrieeee, (how can we shorten that one), hope you got your clack back...that was definitely a whineworthy offense!

kareneh, thank you for the beautiful pictures of Clay. Thuds heard round the world :Thud: You are always so busy with assignments, etc. Are you studying or teaching?

eHP'rs...have a good time today, misbehave badly and send pictures.

YAY!!! It's eHP lunch day!!! Yeah, I know I have to go get ready but here we all are....bouncingup and down in anticipation :nanas: There's merrieeee and Scarlett and KAndre and keepingfaith ....Oh and me :nanadance: Did Solo say she was coming or did she have more important things to do this morning than be a dancing nanner? :purplebanana: Well, she's getting one anyway. (Okay, what gives? In the preview only my banana is dancing? Did your guy's batteries run out?)

And these to 00lsee:elephanthugs: who isn't going to make it after all. Feel better soon!

:PickMe-1: Toots, I'm studying. That's one of the reasons I'm still here and John is gone to Azerbaijan without me. I was kicking myself for taking this on this fall and then finding out that we were moving.... but in the end it worked out since I didn't have to confess that I wasn't going anywhere until the Christmas tour was over. **Smiles sweetly to self**

Too bad, though, when lunch is over I have to go tour the Houston print museum, alone, for extra credit.

I'm still getting a bunch of lead footed bananas, I wonder what they'll do when I post them.

Kareneh,

:00003653:

YAY!!! It's eHP lunch day!!! Yeah, I know I have to go get ready but here we all are....bouncingup and down in anticipation :nanas: There's merrieeee and Scarlett and KAndre and keepingfaith ....Oh and me :nanadance: Did Solo say she was coming or did she have more important things to do this morning than be a dancing nanner? :purplebanana: Well, she's getting one anyway. (Okay, what gives? In the preview only my banana is dancing? Did your guy's batteries run out?)

Hee. Even the board knows I can't dance. Wish I could do lunch with my girls but my stupid cousins keep getting engaged and scheduling stuff on weekends when I want to hang out with my friends.

{{{jumpingjacks}}} and anyone else in need.

Ok just one more post before I finish getting ready (this place is addicting y'all)

merrieeee, (how can we shorten that one), hope you got your clack back...that was definitely a whineworthy offense!

It's funny you should mention my name length because I have been considering getting it shortened to just Merrie because most can't spell it right including me! The extra eees were added because was just so excited to be a Clay fan and now I am so much more mature and less excitable I feel I need to have a name that matches it! (You know kind of like Bobby now wants to be known as Bob!)

Oh well off to meet my buds EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*g*

I'll miss you Solo and 00lsee